The Half-Elven Alliance-We're the fortunate few!

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

The Half-Elven Alliance-We're the fortunate few!

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:40 am

So you are neither human or Elven this is the Alliance for you. All you have to do to join is ask, and once you are recognized, tell us your Elven/Human name you want us to call you, a little about yourself (ie weapon of choice what you think your character would look like etc.) As we might get into some light RP when we have enough members.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Martin the Warrior

(Here is a sample of what the second thing you have to do might look like.)

Knickname: Martin (full name is Martin the Warrior)
Weapon of choice: Broadsword
What my character looks like: Dark red almost auburn hair, full beard, tall, with hazel eyes, highly freckled under beard.
Marital Status: Single but not looking at this time, still getting over the loss of the love of his life Rose (full human), who died fighting along side of him. Never mentions her for she's buried deep inside of him.
Parents: Never knew them. His mother was fully Elven being kin of some of those who live in both Imladris and Mirkwood. His mother's name was Manwathiel, his father was a farmer from Rohan, was, named Merin (he was named after a dwarf that had saved his father's life.) His parents died when he was just a baby (at the hands of Orcs and Wargs roaming the countryside) leaving him in the care of his human Uncles.
Age: About 25-29 no one can say for sure he might be younger as well.
Last edited by Martin the Warrior on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:02 pm

So all I need do is ask for your kind acceptance?

I introduce my information from the Character Archives from March of 2002:
Name: Vanaladiel Greenleaf (Vana)
Race: Half Breed Elf/Human
Height: 5'10"
Weight: Slender and strong
Hair color: Blond, long and loose to her waist in curls yet sometimes in a braid
Eye Color: Emerald Green
Marital Status: Single for now
Bearer of "Elen~Uial" The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star, a ring of power!
Occupation: Warrior/Poet, initiated into the Mithril Knights after her careful training for the order.
Outfit: Dresses with flowing sleeves in the colors of the twilight: Royal Blue with silver, perhaps deep teal velvet or deep violet. A cloak of deep violet or black. Leather slippers with laces that wrap around the ankles. Travel outfit: is a taupe tunic, green leggings and brown boots with gauntlets of fine tooled leather etched with the Tree of Life. She wears the moon about her neck in the form of a rainbow moonstone.
Armor: Gold and silver made by the dwarves to special specifications ordered by King Thranduil. With the appearance of the Tree of Life etched upon the breast plate. The armor laying in layers as if leaves upon the tree, golden in the sun. The helmet covering her features so that none would know if the wearer is male or female. The skirt of chain mail hanging well above the knees but below the actual armor. With shin guards of gold and silver finely etched with elven symbols.
Means of Travel: on foot or her beautiful golden horse named Glory.
Weapons: Longbow w/ quiver and a slightly curved sword 3 ft long with a mithril edge. Crafted by the elves and finely etched with a handle inlaid with the names of the Valar in gold and mithril.
Skills: Tracking and Scouting, poetry and horse back riding, dancing and playing the Penny Whistle or the Hammered Dulcimer.
Personality: Faithful, loving , kind hearted and a true child of nature. Lover of the twilight and the celestial.

Main Bio History:

Early in the Autumn of the later years of the third age, a warrior wounded in battle, not knowing where he was, wandered into the great Green Wood. He was found by the beautiful Amilithien, sister to King Thranduil. Not knowing his alliance she hid the handsome young warrior. She feared his being found by the elves would mean his death so she took him to a secret place along the shores of a stream with a waterfall. A place of peace and beauty where he could mend.
There she tended his wounds but they would not heal and he was slowly dying. To this young warrior who was fair of face, the beautiful, blond Amilithien chose to give her love and a child was conceived. Alas, the warrior died and so she was left to the wrath of her brother, great with child of a man whose country they did not know.
The following spring Vanaladiel Meril was born. Being a true child of nature her love of the animals, birds and the forest was easily seen as she grew. Though she was not quickly accepted as her mother, Amilithien, had hoped, for the elves knew not the origins of her father. Her name was chosen from the Queen of the Valar, Vana, the spouse of Orome, because of her love for the flora and fauna.
Time passed and the child grew strong, quick and spry. She dreamed of serving the King in battle with the warriors, but he would hear none of that from her and she was placed within the Palace and kept there as a lady in waiting.
After the destruction of the One Ring, her cousin
Legolas Greenleaf took compassion on the young maiden and trained her to be a great and mighty warrior, which angered King Thranduil.
She often found solace in her writing of poetry and in communing with nature. Upon the death of her mother she strove to free herself from the duties her uncle, King Thranduil, had laid to her charge. Vana ran away from the Palace, her Uncle and her duties and chose instead to travel and wander about Middle-earth. Always trying to hide whom she really was. Vana chose not to take the easy way of life but instead became as a commoner to be a part of the fight against evil in the new age.
She is a hard worker and wants only to serve as a beacon of light in the darkness cast by the evil that now dwells in Middle-earth.
Her love of nature and it's solace have become a very evident part of her life. For often she may be found under the stars walking or dancing in the moonlight. A true child of the Valar at heart, a living tribute to the Queen of the Valar, Vana, the Ever-young.

I hope this pleases you and suits your request, m'lord!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Welcome Vanaladiel Greenleaf! I was beginning to think I was the only one interested in this.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby earendil81 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Vana, I had totally forgotten that your charrie was a peredhel... Awesome to re-read your bio :D :D :D

Name: her real name is known to very few but she goes by eärendil (when she wants to be taken for a man) or Eari with close friends.
Race: peredhel indeed
Age: she is fairly young but it essentially depends on when RP happens. She'd have been 25 at the beginning of the Fourth Age.
Height: 5'10"
Weight: because she has trained to fight and has never carried a child, she is slightly androgynous and would probably not look too good in a sleeveless dress :P :P.
Hair color: worn like men of Gondor, short, light brown
Eye Color: iris blue
Marital Status: single
Occupation: a Bard, she is tied to the army of Gondor and is often sent by Elessar as a messenger throughout the kingdom, which suits her very well.
Outfit: mostly wearing dark trousers and traveling clothes, you'll rarely see her wear anything too fancy except for the Bards festivals where she will make an effort and wear trousers of blue suede and a white tunic.
Armor: she would wear the armor provided by the Gondorian supplies. Nothing fancy, but with the tree of Gondor on it. Black vambraces bearing the tree as well.
Means of Travel: on foot or on a dark mare called Erwen.
Weapons: an elven blade and a dagger.
Skills: extremely skilled with any blade, she cannot hold a bow due to a wound that dates back to the War of the Ring.
Personality: does not give her trust easily but once you have it, it takes a lot to lose it. But then again if you lose it you never get it back.

I'll get you a bio if you need it ;)
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Thank you Martin and Eari!!

It is great to meet others who are of my heritage. :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:26 pm

"Welcome, to the Half-Elven Alliance both of you." Martin pulls out a basket of Lembas bread, and begins offering it around.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Thank you m'lord!!

Might I ask Martin what part of the world you are from? I know that I am from the Beautiful Pacific Northwest of America.

I learned to make Lembas bread a couple of years ago. I love it as does my beloved husband.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm in the eastern time zone, and am North of the United States. Where I am it's night (I'm hiding under my covers with my laptop! :lol: )
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Ah well it is night here as well. :D Glad to meet you sir!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Martin the Warrior » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Martin stokes the fireplace and goes, " :shock: Huh, were did that come from oh well. Anyone up for roasting marshmellows? Anyone? I'd better put a fresh pot of coffee on for us night owls."
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Hm... Haven't posted a character bio for myself in a looooong time... Will do that soon if I may join your ranks?
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Sure! the more the merrier! The reason there have been no recent posts (i.e. since last week) is that I've been busy with MoME.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Cool! It's been so long... Let me look back and see what I can find, then update it, I think that will be easiest.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Martin the Warrior » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 am

I decided to change the title for christmas. So here's a plate of christmas cookies if any one asks. So should we hold a christmas/new year's/whatever you celebrate ball? I think it would be fun. We could invite other guilds to participate, or really anyone who wants to come? Thoughts/ideas anyone?
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:32 am

Sounds pretty good to me, but I don't know just how much I'd be able to participate.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:51 am

saunters in . . .

Half-elven Alliance huh? I guess the Scribe would qualify, being a peredhel her ownself. ;)

And Christmas Cookies? Mmmmm, love 'em. And while the Scribe is an abominable cook (if it can be shot, skewered and roasted over a fire, she's okay, beyond that, any results are questionable. ;) ) her author is somewhat the opposite, so I'll even bring some treats to the table as well . . .

places a large tray of Ginger Gems on the table . . .

:D:D:D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Martin the Warrior » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:09 pm

***Martin walks over and picks up one of the Ginger Gems***

Yum, these are delicious! Of course the Scribe is always welcome!
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth