Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VII

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VII

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Congratulations again Nunke!!! It is great that you get to see her as often as you do. They grow and change so fast!! My first grand child, also a girl, just got back from a trip to Europe. She applied with People to People and was selected so she raised the money to go and got to spend 20 days starting with Paris, France then off to Italy and Venice, Florence and then Rome. Finally off to Greece to play in the Mediterranean! She just got back on Saturday and says she had the time of her life. She is only 14 about to be 15 and has seen and been to places I never will be. I am so excited for her! But she is becoming a very independent young woman and it is great to see. She is living her dreams and that is so very cool!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:50 am

Just got into work after spending the last hour out on Nim's flet listening to thunder and the rain. It was delightful. A very relaxing start to the day! Really nice because there was no wind to speak of. Being up in the tree top during a strong wind always makes you feel a little vulnerable.

Morwenna, now when people ask where South Haven is you can tell them it's on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan. Gets its' name because its south of Grand Haven.

Gil, I will check my September schedule to see what weekends I have free or if you want to come up on a Sunday and stay a week, it won't matter. Early September or later??? Let me know. Fat Girl is practicing her winsome head roll and her "pitiful" meow.

Vana sounds like your granddaughter had quite the adventure. What a wonderful experience for a young woman. To see the world! You know this will probably just whet her appetite for such experiences.

Nun, I am glad to hear how everything is going with Lucy. I keep telling my Lucy that there is a little baby girl named after her (even if its not true). I didn't know that a Siamese could look smug. Of course you guys are welcome to come in October. I know you're really after the apples. I think Ryan would really enjoy it. Might even get some fishing in too. About time for salmon and steelhead runs.

Sure miss all of you and look forward to 2015.

Dr. B
Chaser after loose Greyhounds
Slave to all cats
Proud citizen of MACadamia

"No, my neighbors, never think
that path is a short one; you must
have a lion's heart to go by that way, it
is not short and its seas are deep,
you will walk it long in wonder, sometimes
smiling, sometimes weeping."

-Attar, "Parliament of the Birds"
dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:21 pm

dr.b - me and family are well presently, thank you. :) Yes, I meant they aren't taking students in anymore. Only the very top ones. Wishing you well.

nunke - We have usually have summer holidays in May and June. An autumn break for a festival in October/November and a winter holiday of one week in December. What happens? Well, I just get lazy nothing else happens. Hope you are good too. :P Lucy is sweet.

Vana - thanks. :hug:

have a good day all...
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 am

Howdy Howdy !!

It's great to read that everyone seems to be doing well of late. Things here have been going well also. The weather has been great with wonderful soft rains and moderate temperatures ( no more drought ) :) We even had a very nice 4th of July holiday weekend for a change. Normally you can expect temperatures in the upper 90's to 100 this time of year but it stayed in the 80's with calm winds which made for nice viewing of the surrounding fireworks displays. I personally don't get into the shooting of fireworks frenzy like many do but I do like to sit back with a cool beverage and enjoy the shows.

Lucy looks like such a doll Nun and she couldn't ask for a better grandmother. Our son, Tony, and his wife, Sara, went through the fertility treatments also and after several months they were finally blessed with twin boys. The boys are now 3 years old and such sweet little guys. We have 4 grand children and love them all very much. They are so full of energy. I noticed on facebook that your husband is playing a pedal steel guitar. They are such a beautiful instrument and my personal favorite. My dad built several of them during his lifetime and I have one that I'm still trying to learn to play.......... not an easy endeavor.

Thank you for being so understanding Dima :hug: There are times when, during conversation and online chatting, I tend to put my thoughts in gear before engaging my brain and words come out wrong. It's old age I tell you :) We keep hearing about how severe the drought is there. I'm herding some rain and cooler temperatures your way :horse:

Your granddaughter is so fortunate to be able to experience our beautiful world at such an early age Vana. It will give her an entirely new perspective on life which she will always remember.

Gil, although I haven't read Under the Doom yet I did catch part of the tv series and found it quite interesting and intriguing. Recently I've started reading the Harry Potter books. Although for me it was slow and a bit hard to follow at the beginning I find it an enjoyable read now and want to see the movies.

Good to hear from you again Sid. Keep us posted on your college pursuit. You'll find one my friend.

We've been extremely busy readying mom's house for listing. From electrical wiring, painting, foundation patching, asbestos removal and everything else I swear when it's all said and done I could be a certified house flipper.

So much more I'd love to share with you all but it's 2:00 a.m. and I'd better get to bed. Take care everyone.

*hugs*
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:42 pm

We're off to a science fiction convention tomorrow (well, later today--I just looked at the time). I love cons but I hate traveling! I'm such a nervous Nellie...

Weather has been alternating between thunderstorms and hot & humid. Typical summer. Sheesh...

Aging is indeed not for sissies. One of my friends is about to have spleen treatments, and another one has to go on dialysis. And I can't begin to list the people I know who have had or are soon having joint replacements. And I still have to have that radioactive iodine thing, which has been scheduled for just after Labor Day.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:25 am

Morwenna,

Just an interesting note. When I worked for the nuclear plant, part of the emergency plan in the event of a nuclear accident was issuing iodine tablets as radioactive iodine is one of the byproducts of damaged fuel rods. The iodine was to saturate the thyroid to prevent uptake of I-131 which was the radioactive kind. I suggested issuing shrimp, crab, lobster or any of the various kinds of iodine heavy seafood but for some reason I wasn't taken seriously. :roll: I mean who would choose shellfish over a pill???? :wink:

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Me Dr. Boots, Me!!!! LOL :D

Sounds like everyone is doing well. As it should be!!

My Pool Boy, Ryan is off to Portland on Monday through Tuesday for job additional Job training because they are now going to be selling Cell Phones at RAC! The temps here have been steadily climbing and are very very warm right now. He saw where Portland was going to be near 100 while he is there. I think he is going to melt while he is gone. But to make him feel better I took him to buy water shoes today so that we can go swimming in a lake nearby. I am not one who likes to swim in lakes but the temps are sure making it very inviting of late.

I have been working more then 40 hours a week now between the two jobs. The pay checks are very welcome and may make it easier to save for next Moot!!! Plans are in the works and the fund is growing already!! :thumbsup:

Tomorrow we are going to the Scottish Highland Games!! So looking forward to them. Have not been able to go and really enjoy them for several years now. I love the pipes and drum corps!!

Have a great rest of you weekend one and all!! :grouphug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hwesta » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:11 am

It rained last night! Woohoo! We need more, of course, but it is something.
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 am

It rained here too! :D
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Not here!! It was hotter still today and poor China is melting. Ryan is in Portland and they have a swimming pool open 24 hours so he went swimming tonight after dinner. I bet he is enjoying it. We went to Deception Pass State Park yesterday to play in the waves of the Puget Sound. Nice and cool!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 am

We've had some rain and thunderboomers here, but they haven't been severe. It's very humid though, even when the temperature is down.

I laughed about the iodine thing. What I'm not laughing about is the diet I'll have to go on for the few weeks before the treat ment--NO seafood, or dairy, and no packaged or restaurant food because of the usual iodized salt everyone uses! I'll only be able to eat meat & veggies cooked at home! I'll be bored out of my skull!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi everyone!

Poor Morwenna, I would hate a seafood free diet. At least with salt you can get the non-iodized kind but there is no substitute for shrimp, crap, scallops, lobster.....the list goes on. How long will you be on that diet?

Vana, I wish I could send you some of our cool air. It didn't even get up to 70 today. Very breezy and right now it is sunny but it rained earlier. I am so glad to hear that you are starting to sock away or the 2015 MOOT. Just don't overwork yourself. Had a silly firefly on the back porch last night. He would flash and then it would be reflected back from the windows. I finally caught him and released him outside. Another one smacked into my windshield the other night coming home from our movie night (ironically we were watching episodes of Firefly) and I had this glowing green smear on the glass most of the way home.

Hwesta, it has rained here just about everyday. Usually in the late evening or at night. It will be sunny and beautiful during the day then at night its a downpour. My poor yard looks like a riverbed. Mooters remember that really big rain we had that one MOOT where the street tuned into a small pond and we sat on the porch and watched the drivers og through it full throttle. I think we started scoring on how big of a plume of water they raised.

Well Gil is making plans for coming up for a few days in September. I've already got my vacation approved. Just hope we have a continuation of the weather.

Got some kind of weird bird down by the river. It starts calling at night. Doesn't sound like a screech owl or great horned. Very mournful sound. Guess it could be a loon. Last night was first night I heard it. Will have to listen again tonight.

Well, speaking of mournful sounds, Mavis is at the front door wanting in, letting go with a typical greyhound rooing sound. Translation "I am sooooo alone out here, nobody knows the trouble I've seen....hellooooooo"

Guess I better go let her in.

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:16 am

Diet. 3 weeks. Ick. (No dairy either--I'm gonna die!!!)

Vana, I hope you had fun at the Highland Games. I went to some several years ago but somehow I haven't been in a long time, and I miss it.

I also miss lake swimming. It's where I learned, and it's been way too long. I got used to pools but it's not the same thing, and I don't like swimming in salt water.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:54 pm

Turned out the pool at the hotel Ryan was in was a salt water pool. Go figure. I did not know that hotels did that now. I prefer a regular pool. Anyways he made it home safely and we were both so glad to have him home.

Dr.B no need to send me any cooler weather, I love the hot!! We don't get it long enough to really dislike it. Though some people make is sound like they will melt before there is any relief. All too soon it will be gone and we will be in the 70s again. Then the rains will start again and they will be complaining about that. I love the hot and I love the rain because it keeps us green! Hey did you do that inventory of my stuff there yet? No rush but it would be interesting to see what I did leave behind. I mean as I get older I tend to forget more. :whistle:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 pm

I will be hard pressed to swim in lake or river, ever again (though I used to prefer them), let alone step foot in the ocean, deeper than I can clearly see. I have watched too many episodes of Jeremy Wade's River Monsters and 9 times out of 10 the 'freshwater monster' turns out to be some sort of catfish. :Q I KNOW (because I've seen them) there are catfish in the rivers around here that could swallow a 3-5 year old child! :Q So only pool swimming for me from now on!

In other news, I am trying to finish the first draft of one of my stories by Christmas/New Years-ish. If only I could focus more. I get so distracted. I guess that means that it's what I'm REALLY supposed to be doing then. :roll: I Want to have chapter three finished by the end of this week of vacation. I know I can do it if I could just FOCUS! :angry:
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:36 am

I am with you Heather on most of that. I dont like to swim where I can not see what is in there with me. I dont swim in the ocean or the Puget sound. I get my ankles wet in the waves that wash up on the shore line. I have been frightened of what is in the water with me since I was a very small child. I wont swim in a dark pool either! There has to be pool lights and other people or I wont go in.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby siddharth » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:20 pm

There are lots of ponds and lakes in my town, in which people swim very frequently.
I love it too!
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Dimamarthiel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Vana, I love the hot weather but not when it's in the hundreds and humid!! It's very miserable. I don't like swimming in lakes or the ocean much either. When I was in Australia I went for a swim in the ocean and got stung by a jelly fish. :Q Boy did that hurt! So no, I don't like it either!! Glad that Ryan is home safe and sound.

Morwenna, the diet wont last forever! At least you aren't allergic to most seafood. I'm allergic to shrimp, crabs, lobster, etc. I wasn't always allergic, it's happened as an adult. I'm also allergic to peanuts now and I used to eat tons of them. Bummer!!

dr_b, your weather sounds lovely! :) Yes, I live in a drought area here. One of our local Target's just cut down all their lovely shade producing trees in the parking lot to save water. What a sad sight that was. I feel guilty because I have a front and back yard that needs to be watered. I'm watering them as little as I can to keep them green. I wish it would rain. Have you found out what kind of bird that is that sings by the river yet?

Siddharth, I hope you find a great university to go to!!

Padger, :D :D :D

Monday I'll be going to Yosemite for the day. I hope that it isn't terribly hot up there. I got a new lens for my camera today and can't wait to try it out!! It's a Tamron 16-300mm lens. I wanted one lens that I could use instead of changing between several. We'll see how it works.

To everyone I haven't mentioned :hihi:
The Bard's Guild~Bard of Renown~Bardic Daughter of the Stars
Middle Aged Crazy Guild
Dimamarthiel
Bardic Daughter of the Stars

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:12 am

Well, today is my last day of vacation. I only just finished that bothersome chapter late last night. I had hoped to be finishing chapter 3 instead of starting chapter 2 right now, but food an research breaks really cut into my writing time. :( Really wish I'd won the lottery so I wouldn't have to go back to work. :roll:
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:37 am

Boots - are you off-Facebook currently? I haven't interacted with you over there for a few months now. Just curious. :)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Hello out there!!!

Just got back from a birthday get together for my aunt. Had a good time with all my cousins. Evil person that I am, I took over my Cards Against Humanity game and it was a riot My one cousin was laughing so hard she had to get tissue to wipe away the tears. The really funny thing is that my other aunt (not the birthday girl) who is 86 years old turned out to be the most horrible of us all. She'd racked up 14 of the black cards by the end of the game. And we were playing no holds barred once everyone got into the spirit of the game.

Had a gorgeous day today. Sunny all day and it reached 80 for a bit. No complaints from me. Its starting to cool down nicely now and will probably be around 60 by tonight. Good sleeping weather.

All this talk of lakes, ponds and rivers got me thinking about growing up around here. Not only do we have the big lake but also a multitude of smaller inland lakes as well as rivers. I grew up swimming in Lake Michigan. All that fresh water, and its very clear and pretty soft, almost like wetting your hair with rainwater. Until it gets really deep you can see the pale sandy bottom quite well and no dangerous critters to worry about. Most of the inland lakes are pretty clear too. There is a rather large one about 5 blocks from me. I believe the Mooters walked to it on one of their strolls around the neighborhood. Only river monsters (one of my favorite TV shows by the way) are some extremely large steelheads and salmon though we also have sturgeon but they have no teeth. The only time Lake Michigan is dangerous is during storms (which can blow up really quick) when the waves can get up to 10 feet or more. Solution is "DON'T GO OUT ON THE PIER DURING A STORM!!!"

Dima, still haven't identified the bird yet. Only hear it at night so its nocturnal which would indicate an owl of some sort or possibly a loon. I did hear a pileated woodpeck about an hour ago. I saw one a couple of years ago and hear them often but seldom see them. Wish I could send you some of this rain we've had. Its been great for the crops but also for mosquitos. Enjoy Yosimite!! I kind of winced when you talked about the jellyfish. They've had programs on about all the deadly critters in Australia and the deadliest was the box jellyfish. Thank goodness it wasn't one of those.

Sidd, its true, I don't get on facebook much anymore. I do if someone tags me specifically or puts something on my timeline but that's about it. I did appreciate the tag about Aidan Turner tackling the mugger. Sweet...go Kili!

Vana, the list should be in your email in-box by now.

PB I know how you feel as vacation time draws to a close and all the things you had planned to accomplish are still sitting there staring accusingly at you. You and my cousin Beth should get together on the lottery. She keeps hoping.

Morwenna, I forgot to tell you that Antonio my eldest kitty (14 years old) has hyperthyroidism. I guess its fairly common in older cats and is caused by growth or nodules on the thyroid. I have to rub a medicated gel inside his ear twice a day. One of the other treatments is radioactive iodine.

Just glanced out the window and the sky is the most beautiful shade of rosy pink and red. I can just see bits of it through the trees. Wish I was down at the lake and could watch the sunset.

Night, night
Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:15 pm

I only play once in a while, and try not to hold my breath, but I keep thinking "what if?" :P
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 am

Dr.B I got the list thank you so much!! It helps to know what I do not have to bring next time. :D

Oh and our weather turned as expected. Overcast and cooler. I prefer the hot but this will do too. Not too cool yet. Oh and our temps never reach 100 and the humidity is never very high. So we are lucky in that. But it is sunny again today so many it will warm back up!!! Hoping hoping hoping!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Padger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Howdy, Howdy !!

It's been just a bit to quiet on here lately so I thought I'd drop a line or two.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a new camera a few weeks ago and have been very busy learning how to use it. It's a Nikon D5200 DSLR with an 18mm to 55mm lens and a second 55mm to 300mm zoom lens. Back in the day ( and I'm talking waaaaayyyy back here ) I used to enjoy taking photos. Back then they were 35mm slides and nothing like the new digital images we process today. It even takes 1080P videos :D There is so much to learn. Some day I hope to become nearly as proficient as Nunke. It's not possible to post pictures on here so I'm starting to post some pictures on Facebook.

I envy all of you who can swim. All of the recent talk about swimming has gotten me to thinking about taking lessons again. After drowning ( yes, I was brought back from the dead they told me ) about 25 years ago I've tried to learn three different times. Two were somewhat informal but the other was at the Y. The instructors at the Y ( youngens ) told us to start by floating with our heads in the water for as long as we could. As usual, I sank right to the bottom of the pool and upon coming up gasping for air I learned that all of the instructors had left to go to the lounge area :Q Not a good way to begin. Needless to say, I still can't swim a lick. They just opened a new swim class facility so I might just give it another try. This new place has personal instructors so at least I won't be left unattended........ I hope. Have any of you ever scuba dived ?

What type of stories are you writing PB ? Also, what sort of work do you do ? I'd love to hear more about you if you care to share.

Judys' cousin and her boyfriend were here last week from Pittsburgh. We had a great time. They said they are going to plan on coming back next year too.

Mom's house is just about ready to be listed all but for a few more to do's. The basement block walls have shifted over the years ( it was built in 1956 ) so we had contractors give us estimates. It's going to cost about $10,000 to get it to FHA inspection approval level. We're going to get together this Monday with the realtor to work out some other alternatives.

This weekend we're going to Travis, our son-in-laws, birthday party. I love parties and going places. Meeting people, playing games and just going somewhere. It should be lots of fun.

Good luck with your diet Morwenna. It sounds pretty eh, but it's only for 3 weeks. Hang in there.

Take care everyone and have a safe and pleasant weekend.

*hugs*
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:38 am

Padger, I am so sorry to hear that you have had such bad experiences with the water. If you lived in WV, I would try to teach you, and no, I would not leave you alone to figure things out on your own. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

I currently work at Walgreens as a cashier, but my true loves are the written word and natural (herbal) healing. I dream of a farm where I grow organic veggies and herbs, make my own line of natural lotions, soaps, tea blends, ointments and the like, as well as loose leaf herbs and sell them in my own shop (apothecary) along with my handicrafts I like to make (jewelry, knitted scarves, mini-skirt purses)

I write several genres but tend toward historical fiction and sci-fi/fantasy. I'm currently working on a historical fiction about Robin Hood's daughter. I hope to have the first draft ready for my editor friend to tell me how bad it is by Christmas/New Years-ish, then the second (and hopefully the last) draft done by the following summer, so I can try to become a published author within the next two years. If you want to see my fan-fics and poetry, you can find me on wattpad under my pen name, Haddie Brice.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:15 am

Howdy

Thank you for the swim lesson offer PB and for sharing a bit about yourself. I didn't even know Robin Hood had a daughter. That's a very intriguing story line. Have you had any of your writings published yet ? Just curious........ what's the difference between a " mini-skirt purse " and a purse purse ? A very good friend of mine deals with herbal healing products but he and his wife don't make their own products, they sell for Nature Sunshine company. You sound like a very interesting lady and I'm pleased to have met you.

Just a little about myself...... I'm 67 years young, love meeting people and traveling. After a year on Wake Island, 31 years with IBM and another 11 years with a local computer repair business I am now enjoying retirement. It's a great way to spend your elder years with no work related stress and the added benefit of being able travel, enjoy hobbies and sleep in whenever you want / need to. I know that not all people are able, either financially or otherwise, but I would encourage anyone who can to take early retirement.

Have a great weekend PB. Would it be ok if I referred to you as Haddie in future correspondence ?
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:54 am

PB, Haddie, or Heather. I will answer to all of them.

There are many versions of Robin Hood, some give him a child. When I was 9, I decided that I was going to write a story about my favorite hero and give him a daughter. Little John would have a son, and the two would grow up as best friends and eventually fall in love. ;-) The tale has been in development ever since and I finally have the guts to go for it.

Some of my poetry has been published, but I retained my rights to it, so I can publish it where/whenever I choose. I have never made money from my work. As a teen, I had a political website and an essay I wrote for it got some attention. I was interviewed about the page and what I hoped to accomplish, and they republished the essay along with the article in a Christian/political newsletter (web version). I don't remember which one, or have the links anymore and all physical forms of the essay have been lost over the years. *shrug*

Definition of a mini-skirt purse, or as I affectionately call them, "Butt Purses". I take old mini-skirts, sew up the bottom, decorate them and make a strap. Et Voila'. A purse! :D http://mindisong.deviantart.com/gallery/49747664/Handicrafts-Butt-Purses

IT was very nice to meet you as well, Padger! I will talk with you again later! :D
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Howdy

They just showed on the weather channel all of the fierce storms in the upper midwest and east. It looks like the area extends from Michigan to the east coast. Please drop a short post just to let us know you are ok. I'm thinking about you and wishing the best to all of you.

*hugs*
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Everybody at my house is safe, though we had a bit of excitement. :D Here's my vlog post about it if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDrCpXKFpXM&feature=youtu.be
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:56 pm

Well we just got back last night from a trip to Lake Cushman on the Olympic peninsula! We had a great time visiting with my family and playing on the lake. I put my ankles in the water but I did not swim. Ryan, my son in law and both my grandkids did go swimming and jumping off the boat! They had a great time at it and I enjoyed laughing with them.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth