Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VII

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VII

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:21 am

Well the paychecks are starting to finally roll in and it may just yet make us feel more able to keep things paid up and sock a bit away for next year. I am still planning on it. Oh and I found out I might be earning vacation time too. :D
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby dr_boots » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:00 am

Greetings!

Vana, it really makes me happy to hear you sound so upbeat. I know its been a hard row to hoe lately in the job hunt but it's finally paid off for you. I hope to see the both of you next year. It will be great if Dima can make it too. We will try to come up with a date early enough that she and you can put in for vacations. Miss you!

Finally got my fish. Only got two and they are still pretty small compared to the behemoths that I lost this past winter but hopefully they will grow just like the others did. One is a silvery white and the other a brilliant orange and white. I drove all over Sunday trying to get some and of course every place I tried was closed. I wasted a couple of hours and a half tank of gas only to have to redo the trip yesterday. But I am happy with my babies. They are very lively in their new home.

We are really starting to gear up for the MOOT which is getting mighty close now. Carol is coming over tomorrow to help me clean the jalousies on Nim's flet. We have new solar lights to hang in the trees, many of the ones from last year having flown away on some of the blizzard winds. I am amazed that the ones that are still around are still working. Winter storms hit so quickly and suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do much with getting stuff in. My poor gazing globe got blown off its stand and lay under all that snow for most of the winter.

Weather today is rainy off and on and nice and cool. Hope it stays that way - the cool part at least. We've had enough rain now....it can quit for a while. My poor neighbor does my mowing for me and no sooner does he finish one part that the part he did a few days earlier is all grown up again.

Well I've got a weird little screen that opened up on Torc while I was writing this post. Little white box that has a ever changing numbers for paint time, frame rate, memory and CPU. Only on Torc. Going to try posting this to see what happens.

Dr. B
Chaser after loose Greyhounds
Slave to all cats
Proud citizen of MACadamia

"No, my neighbors, never think
that path is a short one; you must
have a lion's heart to go by that way, it
is not short and its seas are deep,
you will walk it long in wonder, sometimes
smiling, sometimes weeping."

-Attar, "Parliament of the Birds"
dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:43 pm

It's very very late but I just finished working, and I wanted to stop in to say hey :grouphug:

Sure looking forward to the Moot, dr_b, and seeing you and everyone else! :heart:

I guess summer weather is here to stay, and our A/C is on, until fall *sigh*

Love to everyone!!

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby dr_boots » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Hey!!!!

In panic mode now. Can't believe it's only a little over a week until Nun and crew will arrive and then the next day Nim and Susie. Time sure snuck up on me. I've got 9 of the 13 jalousie windows done (18 panes in each window). I figured its been about 4 or 5 years since they were last done. Mom and I did them last time. It sure makes a world of difference with all the old webs, cottonwood fluff and bug bodies that were caught between the screens and windows gone.

Nun, did you guys want to go out to eat Wednesday evening or should I stock up on sandwich fixin's? We can always go to Board of Trade if you want.

So far the weather has been gorgeous with temps in the mid 70's. I haven't a clue what it will be next week. Evenings have been pretty cool (upper 50's). Very good sleeping weather. I haven't needed the fans at all at night.

Vana
, I went with Jill to see X-men a second time and enjoyed it much more on a second viewing. Jill cracked up with Quicksilver scene in the Kitchen at the pentagon. Now I can't get "If I Could Save Time in a Bottle" out of my head. :roll:

Well that's it for me, take care everyone.

Love & hugs
Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Oh my word! :shock: It is just over a week until the Moot! It has snuck up on me. :roll: It will be great to be back in Mooterville.

dr. b I am game for the Board of Trade that first night but I don't know what nunke and Hero will want to do. I'm flexible. Whatever works out. What is the name of the other restaurant that you introduced me to, the one with the elderberry beer? Zeke's? I'm hoping we can eat there sometime during the Moot.

I am excited!

Hugs to everyone!
Hwesta
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Hey

Only a week to go and Nun and company will be pulling up in the drive of the last homely house! Hard to believe the intervening months/weeks have flown by so quickly. Carpet cleaners are this very moment cleaning rugs in parlor, sitting room and library/tv room. They are also going to do the upholstery on the couch. It needs it. The bottom covers can be removed and washed but the back cushions are permanently attached and that is where Antonio likes to sleep.

Strawberries are in but Jill says they are about through for the season so as soon as the carpet guys leave I am heading out to find some. Right now it is pouring down raining with rolling thunder. Raining very hard. We do not need it. Its like a jungle out there. Everything is growing and so lush. My vacation starts this Saturday and it is supposed to be sunny and in the low 70's....perfect!

Hwesta, that restaurant is called Zeke's. Love their crab cakes :D . I thought I would fix that pulled pork recipe in the crockpot Thursday while we are waiting for Nim and Susie. It takes 6 hours so if I put it on in the morning it should be good for a late lunch/early supper. Maybe chips and slaw or potato salad to go with it. Don't know what Nun is planning on bringing. Then perhaps a trip to Sherman's??????? We have to hit that place at least once.

Now the sun is shining and its still thundering. Weird weather but I love it.

Later

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:04 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERO! LOVE YA! :grouphug: :happydance: :clap:
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Padger » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:04 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERO !! Have fun at the moot next week.
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERO!!!!! :horse: :clap: :clap: :drink: :happydance:

Sorry, I was going to post earlier but ended up falling asleep on couch. I think it was the white noise of all the fans running to dry out the carpets.

Anyway, I am sure the MOOTers will remember our first MOOT which fell on Hero's birthday. We had a surprise birthday cake with a picture of her favorite LOTR character in frosting on the top. We all dressed up in costume and had a little impromptu party out on the gazebo.

Love
Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:56 am

Sorry I did not post this here earlier!

Happy Birthday Hero!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby NimrodelSong » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Sure do remember, dr_b. Wonderful memories. :heart:
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Hwesta » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:36 pm

dr.b What sort of weather are we looking at for the Moot?
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi everyone

Perfect weather today. Clear, in the upper 70's with a nice breeze. :D

Hwesta, from what I can tell, its supposed to be in upper 70's to 80 during day and in mid to upper 60's at night. There is a potential for thunderstorms all week though it is low. Still, knowing MOOTer luck, it wouldn't be a MOOT without a power outage. We just have to keep Hero away from curbs in St. Joe.

I thought the horrific winter weather would be so destructive on our trees and flowers but instead everything seems to be growing with a scary exuberance. Its like a jungle. I can't keep up with the trees and shrubs, grass and weeds. Everyone else has the same problem. Like everything got a mega dose of Miracle Gro. I think the extreme cold followed by the mild spring with lots of rain just pushed everything along.

They are having a blues and BBQ shindig in the next town over. Streets are all blocked off. I forgot when I tried to come that way.

Had a wonderful conversation with the guy at PetSmart. He helped me out to the car with the dog food and kitty litter and saw all my Tolkien bumper stickers. He asked me about them and come to find out he is a big Tolkien fan since he was a kid. Read all the books many times and seen the movies. We talked about the movies and he said he and a friend get into some "friendly" discussions about how close to the books the movies were. He seems to be of the same opinion as I was as regards the films. Entirely different media and enjoyed the books as books and the movies as movies. Big Marvel fan too so we got into a discussion on that too. Wonderful thing ...bumper stickers. Allows you to meet new friends. Guess I'm going to have to get some for the Marvel universe and maybe Dr. Who. All these unknown fans out there.

Well I should get back to doing something constructive.....or not. Tomorrow is weed eating day. Yay me!

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:22 am

I hope that you all have a wonderful and safe moot this next week and weekend!! I will be thinking of you all and missing you like crazy!!!

Happy Father's Day Padger!!!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Padger » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Howdy !!

Thank you Vana :hug: We enjoyed a very very nice fathers day with the family. The weather here has been wonderful that past few weeks save for a couple of stormy nights, which we are accustomed to at this time of the year on the plains, and today was especially nice. I hope you all enjoyed a great weekend also.

We're finally getting things sorted, settled and sold from mom's estate. I'll try to post more often in the future.

Take care everyone

*hugs*
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 am

Hi everyone!

Getting ready for the MOOT here. Can't wait to see Nun's car pulling up in the drive and seeing them all spill out. Lots of hugs all around. And then Nim and Susie the next day.

Weather here has been wonderful for the most part. Mooters don't need to worry about jackets though you might want to bring some rain gear. Sunny all day yesterday and then about 10:00 pm I heard the distant growls of thunder and then about 20 minutes later the heavens opened up and we had a deluge going on. I went out on the back porch and lay down on the couch out there and just listened to the rain falling through the leaves and pattering on the roof. I think I fell asleep about 1/2 hour later and had one of the best "naps" in a long time. Enough of a gentle mild breeze came through the jalousies that it was just perfect. I don't think Nim will have any trouble sleeping on her flet this MOOT.

Padger, glad to hear from you. Its great that you are getting some good weather. Are you all still considered in a drought? Getting everything settled for your Mom's estate must have been a big load off your mind. So much paperwork and running around. I hope she had everything preplanned. My mom didn't have a lot except for an insurance policy and a policy with the funeral home for cremation, still canceling social security, and her little pension check and our joint bank account. Fishing season here is in full swing. I can hear the fishermen across the river. Its always fun to listen when they hook into a big one. All their friends yelling advice on how to land it.

Well gotta go get busy. Washing bed clothes and towels. Then doing some dusting and maybe cleaning up the kitchen a bit though its not really bad now. At some point I need to go get groceries in but may wait 'til Wednesday as the store down the road has a Seniors discount day then. Anything anyone wants me to get in??????

Ba-bye

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Gilestel » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Gesh
I forgot my password :? hope this isnt going to be a reoccuring event :shock:

anyway just wanted to wish all a happy mooter weekend in mooterville :lol:

I do believe summer time is here 90's all week in northern ky 8)

love to all
gil
Gilestel
Shield Bearer

Postby nunke » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:00 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!

Well, I am mostly packed and wrapping up my to do before I go out of town list. I have one day tomorrow with the unpleasant surgeon :cavetroll: , and then I'm off for Mooterville for a visit with the good Doctor and Co. The garden is caught up, my mom is doing well and just had a visit from our older sister, most bills are paid and I am leaving town 8)

Dr B - eating somewhere Wednesday night sounds real good to me. I actually have no plans for meals this year. I guess we'll just make it up as we go. The bar b q sounds wonderful! I have some lettuce in my garden that I can bring. Let me know if I need to bring recipes for anything I have made in the past. I enjoy planning and cooking, I just haven't had any room left in my brain to plan and any energy to execute the past couple of weeks. I will throw in some jam as well :) I am planning to spend quality time catching up with my MAC family and snoozing on the porch :sleep:

I'm off to bed now - just 2 more sleeps to The Last Homely House.

Love to all, and :grouphug:

nun :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
nunke
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Have a great time all of you lovely ladies!! I am so jealous that I can not be there again, but there is always next year!!!! :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Dimamarthiel » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:13 am

Have a wonderful time at the Moot all you lovely ladies!! :D Sounds like you will have great weather for it. Here it's been between 90 and 110. :Q I hope I can make it next year. Take care!!
The Bard's Guild~Bard of Renown~Bardic Daughter of the Stars
Middle Aged Crazy Guild
Dimamarthiel
Bardic Daughter of the Stars

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 am

Hey there!

Sure wish everyone could be here this year but am looking forward to next year already with Vana & Ryan,Dima , Gil and possibly Meli. Just have to let Meli and Dima know as soon as we settle on date. Think that should be a priority (after the eating and dozing) this MOOT so everyone can have a date to shoot for.

Vana, the fireflies are back! They are so pretty and magical in the evening. Wish I could send you some!

Its supposed to be in mid to upper 70s with one day coming in around 80. Nights are in mid to upper 60s with a marvelous breeze. Trouble with that kind of weather is it is so easy to just sit down on the porch and relax and think about all the things you should be doing. Carol came over earlier to help me with a few things but it was just so nice and breezy, that we ended up sitting out on the porch with a cup of coffee and just talking.

Nun don't trouble yourself. Just come and relax. If we want to cook we can always come up with something on the spur of the moment or just eat out or snack. We will have our Hobbity breakfast of course. I am getting groceries tomorrow so will pick up sausage, bacon and eggs. I will leave the mushrooms to pick up on Saturday. Maybe there will be something we can fix in the crock pot that doesn't need tending. I'll be fixing the pulled pork Thursday but we have Friday & Saturday to go.. BTW, Saturday is supposed to be gorgeous with sunshine, high of 75.

Well I guess I have procrastinated enough. Better get busy. Nun and Nim have safe journeys.

All my love
Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:37 am

Getting really excited :grouphug: I've always felt ready to "get away" and come to the Moot, but especially this year. When I get done working on Sat. nights I feel like I've been let out of a cage. :( I've just dealt with a lot more frustration this past year and a half with my job. I am so looking forward to seeing you all. :heart:

Vana, you will be in our thoughts; hoping that you, Dima, Meli, Lalaith, and others can make it next year. :)
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Whew

Getting closer.

Nun there are some thunderstorms due tomorrow so be aware. 60 percent chance anyway. Thought you would like to know that a pair of wrens have taken up abode in your wren house. At least I've seen them fly in a couple of times and I hear them quite frequently.

Nim, sorry to hear about your stress but now you can relax for a few days away from all the stress and worry.

See you all soon!

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Have fun ladies :rofl: :drink: :clap: We're all thinking about you.
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 am

Just a quick note to let you all know that Nun and company arrived safely. Hero is napping right now and Nunke and Hwesta and I were just sitting on front porch midst thunder and lightning, rain and a glorious cool breeze. Stopped for the moment but looks like it might start up again. We lost power yesterday so am hoping that is it for this MOOT :roll: . We'll see.

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:45 pm

:grouphug: for all you wonderful ladies of MAC who are gathered now at the Last Homely House in Michigan!!! Miss you all! :D But I see your shining faces!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

we ALL LAUCrazy Guild Part VII

Postby dr_boots » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi to all!

Just to let you know Borin and Jesse arrived safely this afternoon after driving all the way overnight from New York. Both are currently napping. Nun and Hwesta have been working hard in the garden trimming and cutting back the Kraken. It is a mere ghost of itself, more of a cuttlefish now. I am so thankful to those two for doing this.

Last night we went to see X-Men Days of Future Past. And then played Cards Against Humanity until almost 1;00 AM. We all laughed so hard it was almost like an aerobic exercise. And yes some of us even snorted. Since its a card game for really horrible people (that's what it says on the box) and Hero won, well........ :wink: :roll: :wink: :wink:

Tonight we will be going to Zeke's in Dowagiac and then who knows. Maybe watch a movie and then another round of Cards Against Humanity.

Weather has been cool and mild. Had a light rain last night. Cloudy today but a nice breeze I blowing. Tomorrow is supposed to be high of 75 and mostly sunny. Perfect! :D

Well that's all my news. Take care.

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Sounds like you ladies are doing very well and having a great time!!

Are you all doing a trip with Cap'n Cathy this year? If so tell her HI from the Washington contingent!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Dimamarthiel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Sounds wonderful already! Hope everyone is having a great time. I am so excited! I already have 500 dollars saved for the moot next year. Now I just have to get the time off. As long as I know before the end of January next year, I can take any time off in June. So whenever you ladies choose will be fine with me. :D
The Bard's Guild~Bard of Renown~Bardic Daughter of the Stars
Middle Aged Crazy Guild
Dimamarthiel
Bardic Daughter of the Stars

Postby dr_boots » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 am

Well all alone and feelin' blue. :(

The last of the MOOTers left about 10:00 this morning. Borin and Jess left at 5:00 this morning and were going to drive straight through...about a 14 hour drive. Nim and Susie left at 10:00. We had a real nice soaker rain this morning so we probably slept a wee bit later to the sound of the rain. I always hate it when everyone has left. House seems so quiet now.

We had lots of good eats, good laughs, and good conversation. Watched AUJ and DOS plus many of the extras off the Extended edition of AUJ. Had our Hobbity breakfast yesterday morning before Nun, Hero and Hwesta left. Later, Nim, Susie, Jess and I visited one of the local wineries for some tasting. Susie found two she liked very much as well as some others she like as well but was limiting herself to just two. Had lunch at Papa Vino's then down to the lake for a bit of sand and water. Weird fog rolling in. Warmer air over colder lake water. It was rolling in over the tops of the trees along the bluffs above the lake, but the sun was shining everywhere else. When we got back to the house, Borin had fixed a big pot of chicken noodle soup and some corn fritters :D . Then it was gelato for desert. Oh, we did make it up to Sherman's Saturday for some fantastic ice cream. That place is always so crowded and busy they are soon going to have to open up another parking area and expand the seating.

Dima, we talked a bit about our next MOOT and are going to shoot for the weekend after Father's day weekend as this seemed to work out well. Of course you are expected to stay for more than just the weekend. I always have the week before and the week after the MOOT weekend off for vacation so I would love it if you could come early and stay late. That would give us some time to catch up and see some of the sights and just chill out. I am assuming you will fly in so fly into the Michiana Regional Airport in South Bend, Indiana as that is only about a half hour from here. It is the one Vana and Ryan always come into. Hopefully they will be able to make it too.

Guess I will get a good book or my laptop and go sit on the porch for a bit. Perfect weather for it, 75 degrees, soft breeze rustling the trees.....can hardly ask for more unless it is some MACadamians to visit with.

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots