Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VII

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: Middle-Aged Crazy Guild Part VII

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:25 pm

I'll be 32 in two weeks. Does that make me "Middle-Aged?"
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Hwesta » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:19 am

Hello Dear Friends!
Well, I am home. Actually made it to nunke's on Sunday and home to Louisville on Monday.
Rosie-cat had quite a lot to tell me upon my arrival!

Had a wonderful time at The Last Homely House. Excellent company, plenty of lovely food, lots of critters. Good things all around. Thank you so much, dr.b.

:grouphug:
Hwesta

P.S. PatriotBlade - Close enough! Welcome!
Hwesta
Shield Bearer

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:54 am

Wet and soggy here :roll: :lightening:

Hey Hwesta I thought you guys were going to take the rain with you. It poured yesterday morning before the others left, then again yesterday evening (wonderful thunderstorm) and it has rained on and off today. I think I am getting algae growth on my body. Plants, trees and fishies are loving it. I'd swear even the Kraken is twitching.

Patriot Blade, be most welcome here. We have all ages. We finally figured out that it more a state of mind you reach at some point in your life....some earlier than others....when you just let your inner nerd shine through. You can be enthusiastic about your interests without worrying what others might think. You may even be a little giddy. After all who else can watch a Hobbit movie one moment and then turn around and play Cards Against Humanity the next? Almost all (but not all) start out with an enthusiasm for Tolkien whether books or movies or both. But we enjoy other things too. For instance I am a fan of Dr. Who, Sherlock and a really big follower of the Marvel-verse. We all have our own path and sometimes it runs together with the others here in MACadamia and sometimes not. Only rule from my perspective is no trolling and no pontificating. So tell us about yourself.

ElRhodA
Chaser after loose Greyhounds
Slave to all cats
Proud citizen of MACadamia

"No, my neighbors, never think
that path is a short one; you must
have a lion's heart to go by that way, it
is not short and its seas are deep,
you will walk it long in wonder, sometimes
smiling, sometimes weeping."

-Attar, "Parliament of the Birds"
dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Pssst.
Hello again. :)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 pm

:D Awesome! :D Thanks for the welcome!
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:26 am

Woo Hoo!

Sidd is back. YAY! We missed you. How is school going! Do they have breaks in the school year in India? American schools have a 3 month summer break as well as much shorter breaks for main holidays. Hope you and your family are in good health.

Patriot Blade, glad you made it back and hope you can make it a regular visit. Most of us have shortened names around here. For instance I am usually called Dr. B, Nimrodel is simply Nim, Vanaladiel is Vana and so forth. Is there a shortened version of your name you would like or would you prefer us to use the full one? We are very informal here.

Question....has anyone seen a firm date for the extended edition of DOS ??? I am really looking forward to the scenes in Mirkwood with the dwarves carrying Bombur through the forest as well as some others that have been mentioned. I hope some of the theaters do what they did for midnight showing of DOS. Several theaters showed AUJ before the showing of DOS so it became one continuous film. That's how Gil and I ended up crashing the Gandalf Gala in Grand Rapids looking like a couple of hobbits at a fancy ball :oops: . Sort of "The Bracegirdles descend on Rivendel". After the blizzard we drove through last year I think we will stick to Kalamazoo this December.

Still have the rest of the week off and have been pretty much just lazing about. Only left house and grounds yesterday to go get Enzo his kitty Prozac. Happy is out of sorts. She seems awfully wobbly today. Didn't want to eat. I hope it is a passing thing. Because of her injury from the track and having had that stroke, I am particularly worried. She is only 10 years old which is a good age for a greyhound but with her health issues, I suspect her normal lifespan may be shortened. All I can do is give her lots of love and make sure she is comfortable.

Lots of love and hugs

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Howdy !!

Well, from what I've read it appears that this years moot was very pleasant and fun. How many years has it been now ? Plans are already on the drawing board for next years gathering at the last homely house and it sounds like it is going to be a grand one at that. I surely hope that Vana, Dim and Meli will be able to attend.

Welcome back Sid ! I've been checking here regularly and it's good to see your moniker again.

It's my pleasure to welcome you to MAC PatriotBlade. 32 is a fantastic age (as I recall). So much life has taught us by then and so so much more to experience and learn. We'd all like to know more about you if you care to share. I'm fairly new to this group myself and everyone here is so friendly and you'll be hard pressed to find a more caring group of folks anywhere.

Last year we here on the plains were in the midst of a severe drought. Things have changed for the better....... much better indeed. So far this year the weather has been about as nice as I can ever recall. The rains have come, washing away any signs of a drought. Although a bit on the warm side for me during the day ( temps in the upper 80's to 90 ), the evenings have been in the 60's....... great for relaxing on the deck with a beverage and a book and for sleeping.

For fathers day I was given a book entitled " The HOBBIT: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles " It's Weta publication written by Daniel Falconer. Very interesting reading for those of you who haven't come across it yet. It puts a whole new perspective on making of the movie. Knowing how much I love playing games of all kinds I was also given " Jacks " :lol: After a brief moment or two nerdiness conquered male ego and I had to give it a go. Yes,I even got to 6ies :clap: It was a fun day. Next up......." Pick Up Sticks " :|

Preparing mom's estate for sale ( cleaning, painting, caulking windows and patching holes ) has kept us pretty busy here. We've shown the house to a couple of interested parties but no offers so this coming Monday we are going to list it with a realtor. I'm enjoying it because of the good memories of growing up there but my brother just wants it over and done with which I totally understand also.

This computer is getting slower by the day it seems. I've been gathering parts information off the internet and am about to pull the trigger and order them so that I can begin building a new one. I've even got this really techy looking case picked out 8)

Enough of my ramblings for now. Take care my friends

*hugs*
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Most everyone on the boards call me PB. Always have. I answer to PB, Peanut Butter, Patriot Blade, Kat, Heather, Nev, Nevellian, and any combination there of. Anything but "Late For Dinner". :D
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Dimamarthiel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Hello Patriot Blade!! :hihi: Nice to see you here. I've seen you around the boards especially in The Bards Guild. Welcome!! :yippie:

dr_boots, thank you for the offer to spend a little extra time there next year. I may just take you up on it. 8) I looked up Dr. Who and I think it sounds interesting. I think I may start watching it. I have been watching a British detective series called "New Tricks". It is really funny and yet dramatic. It's about a cold case squad made up of 3 retired and cranky detectives and their woman superintendent. I am really enjoying it.

Hey Sid, how are things going? How is school?

Hwesta, glad you are home safe and sound. :D

Padger, I've been called lots of things but never Dim!! :rofl: Preparing an estate for sale is very taxing and emotionally draining. I understand it well. :(

Ohh! I can smell my zucchini chips cooking in the oven. Got to go rescue them.

Hello to everyone else! :grouphug:
The Bard's Guild~Bard of Renown~Bardic Daughter of the Stars
Middle Aged Crazy Guild
Dimamarthiel
Bardic Daughter of the Stars

Postby dr_boots » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:52 am

Hidey-Ho there

What a glorious day it is . Sunny, breezy and in the mid 70s and best of all no rain!!!!

I am just trying to gird my loins so to speak to go to the store and pick up a few things. Its just so darned relaxing to lie down on Nim's flet and listen to the leaves rustle and the birds sing....except that darned wren is going to drive me crazy :x . (don't want any snarky comments about it not being a very long drive) Its taken up abode in the wren house Nun gave me last year. I forgot how noisy wrens can be - bless their little hearts. :roll:

Dima, glad to hear you are getting ready to come next year. Hope the weather will be as beautiful then as it is now...just with a little less rain. Where did you see the series New Tricks at??? I watch a lot of the shows on BBCA but don't remember that one. For the most part , BBCA seems to have much better series than most American channels. If you decide to give Dr. Who a try, start with the 5th series with Matt Smith appearing as the new 11th Doctor. Neither Hwesta nor my neighbor had seen any of the Dr. Who shows and really didn't know much about it. I got them both hooked on the show by starting with that series and had to explain very little. This was also the season that Steve Moffat began directing and writing. He does Sherlock and if you like that, you will like his version of Dr. Who.

MOOTers might remember me mentioning that I wish we had theaters nearby that did second runs on movies that have left regular theaters so I could see Winter Soldier once again. Well actually one of the big theaters in Grand Rapids (same chain we went to see X-men at) started it today in 2D and 3D. Don't know if I will make it up this weekend but next weekend my friends Jill and Margaret and I are going up. Its about an hour drive up there and we will undoubtedly stop and get something good for dinner. Sort of a girls night out. Always fun with those two. We always invite Margaret's husband along but I think he finds three women somewhat intimidating.....besides he's still working on getting their huge pond up and going again.

After the major surgery that Hwesta and Nun performed on the Kraken, it appears to be recovering. New growth is showing up now, though next spring will tell the tale. Right now I think it feels rather inadequate, with all its grasping thorny tentacles removed. I do stand just out of reach of its remaining two tentacles and taunt it with an alarming French accent telling it that its mother was an elderberry......been watching too much Monty Python's Holy Grail. Of course it responds with "Not dead yet!" We have a love-hate relationship. 8)

Guess I can't put it off any longer. To the store I go.

Love and hugs

Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Howdy !!

Please accept my sincere apology Dima. No disrespect intended I assure you.
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby nunke » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:05 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!

I have to tell the story of my Moot Experience this year. It was wonderful, relaxing, exciting, suspenseful, fun, and everything else you could imagine. But the most wonderful part was becoming a surprise Grandma while I was at the Last Homely House :D

For those of you that haven't been around that long, let me "sum up". My oldest, Randy, and his wife Kimberly have been married 12 years. After a few years of marriage, they wanted to start a family, but were unsuccessful. After 5 years of fertility treatments, and 3 heartbreaking miscarriages, they took a couple of years off to rest and heal. Last fall they started adoption proceedings, and their profile went public earlier this year. I was at Rhonda's house about 2 hours when I got the call. They had been selected by a prospective mother! And she was ready to deliver! They did a very good job of keeping us updated by text, and all the MACers enjoyed being in on the big secret. Little Lucy Juniper Matilda Marksberry was born early Saturday morning by C-section, and is just about perfect 8) They got home late last night and we got to go and meet her today. It has all happened so quickly, that I still can't quite convince myself that it is true, but I have the pictures to prove it :)

https://www.facebook.com/diann.marksber ... 898&type=1

It's late, and I've been meeting myself coming and going, so I'm gonna go ahead and go to bed, but I had to stop in and share! I didn't take as many pics this year to share, but I'll try to get to them in the next few days and put them up so you can see them.

Love to all and :grouphug:

nun

PS - WeLcOmE to PatriotBlade!
PSS - Dima, so glad you are planning to come next year - it will be great to see you!
nunke
Ranger of the North

Postby Dimamarthiel » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Nunke, Congratulations on the new baby. :clap: I went to your page on Facebook but couldn't see her so I sent you a friend request. My real life name is Vivienne Collins. I too am looking forward to next year!!

Padger, you are too funny!! I wasn't insulted at all. It gave me a good laugh!!

:grouphug:
Middle Aged Crazy Guild
Dimamarthiel

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Nunke Congratulations on becoming a Grammy again!!! Or is this the first? Gosh I cant keep track anymore. She is so precious!!!! What a great surprise for the grandparents!!! I know the kids are thrilled!

Heather welcome to the group!!! Seems to me like you have been here forever already!! Maybe because we have been friends for so long else where on the boards. :hug:

Sidd great to see you posting about a bit again!! How IS school going?

Padger I hope that you get all you need to get your new comp up and running quickly! I would be so lost without mine!

Sounds like you ladies had a great time. I am sorry I could not make it this year. I will be there next year if I have to stow away on the plane. Lord willing that is!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:43 am

Vana, I would say that it is the latter. I have simply been around so long that it is no surprise when I show up in a new thread. :D

My little sister should be joining us soon. She's tired of hearing me talk about RP and having no idea what's going on :twisted: so she's asked me to teach her to play. She's far too young (just turned 18, still not but a wee babe) to join this thread, but I hope soon to have brought new blood to the boards. 8)
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby dr_boots » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:10 am

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!!! :shock: :shock: :Q :Q :shock:

What a storm last night and this morning. I lay out on Nim's flet when it started. It was like a continuous crash of thunder, never letting up and brilliant strobing of lightning. And then the roar! A constant loud roar that I thought at first was the wind but was really torrential rain. Huge drops and lots of them pelting the trees and roof. All the cats scattered except for Enzo (Prozac Kitty). He stayed sprawled on his back next to my leg. Drugs must be working for him. :roll: Anyway this morning its sunny and breezy and cool. My fish pond is full to the brim (may have overflowed) and I have debris from two streets over that has washed down my driveway on its way to the river.

Only lost power twice and then only for a moment each time then came back immediately - probably because the MOOTers weren't here :wink: . I did think at one time that it probably wasn't a good idea to be lying out on the porch cantilevered off the second floor, in amongst the trees, with only the jalousies as protection. So I thought about it a bit and since there was a very delightful cool breeze coming in I got a glass of wine and just continued sitting out there enjoying natures raw fury.

PB, I do hope your sister at least peeks in here in MACadamia. Sidd is not much older than she.

Vana, I am counting on you showing up next year. You know I still have those items you left the last time you were here, things you left so you wouldn't have to pack them on your next trip. They are safely stowed in the cabinet in the bathroom. I always thought of it as a promise that you and Guru would be coming back. Sort of like insurance. Do you remember????

Nun, Lucy looks so tiny in your arms. I know you won't spoil here right? I was glad the MOOTers got to be in on the big surprise and share in your anticipation and excitement.

Hey, my Tolkien bumper stickers struck again :thumbsup: . I went in for an oil change and there was a new guy just starting there. He looked barely 20 if that. Anyway he went around to check my brake lights and when he came back around said something about me being a Tolkien fan and that he was one too. Said he had just finished reading the Sil' about a week ago but was going to have to go back and reread it. He had read all the other major Tolkien works. So we talked about the books and movies for awhile. So if you want to find out where the other Tolkien fans are lurking in your area, just put some bumper stickers on. Of course I also have the Vlad the Impala thing going and its gotten some good natured chuckles. Vlad is sorely in need of a new exhaust system. Don't even want to contemplate what that will cost.

Well enough of your time.

Lots of love & hugs
ElRhondA
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks, Dr. Boot. I will let her know that she's welcome when she finally comes. :D
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby nunke » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:20 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!

Just a quick fly by on the way to bed.

Dr B - We've had quite a bit of rain here, but I finally got my garden all planted. Now for the rain induced weeds :roll:

Moot pics up and I am off to bed!

Love and :grouphug:

nun

PS -

https://www.facebook.com/diann.marksber ... 898&type=1
nunke
Ranger of the North

Postby Gilestel » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Hello to All,

Catching up here;;;;;;moot successful,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good :clap:

Shelly and Jessie made it :)

And OH Diann Lucy has the best name ever all three of them and I bet she will be a Lucy

Hummingbirds unbelievable I have three feeders out and using a ElectroNectar also an oriole food in one , very curious and unafraid to check you out.

Working on Friday double time$$$$ but having a huge family get together on Saturday

Looks like here in the ohio valley temps will be awesome this weekend friday and sat. in the 70's

Has anyone read Under the Dome? I dont watch the tv series the book has 1072 pages the beginning to the end BIG BOOK!

Hello PatriotBlade? Welcome

HAPPY JULY 4TH

:grouphug: :grouphug: GIL
Gilestel
Shield Bearer

Postby Dimamarthiel » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:30 pm

It's 7:26 PM here and the temp is still 102!!! :x I envy all of you where the weather is nice.
Middle Aged Crazy Guild
Dimamarthiel

Postby siddharth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Vanaladiel wrote:Sidd great to see you posting about a bit again!! How IS school going?

I was moving around looking for a good college.
All the good ones are closed now.
Just trying my best now to find a decent one.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Sidd you will, just don't give up!! :hug:

Dr.B I do remember but I will need a list from you next year to know what I still need or what I have to replace now (Due to super sensitive skin). Yes a promise for future visits was also the reason for leaving it because I only carry a carry on now so it is more difficult to carry everything I need. We have already made a plan to start saving some money so that we have it set aside for next June!! :thumbsup:

Absolutely love the pictures that have been posted about this moot!! I so wish I could have been there. I could have used the break already from the two jobs but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, Mooterville and the Last Homely House next summer!!! :D Everyone looks so good!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby dr_boots » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Hey everyone!

Just got back from lunch and shopping trip with my neighbor Carol. Now I just want to lay out on Nim's flet and doze for a bit. Lots of area still without power due to that storm Monday night/Tuesday morning. My cousin dropped off some stuff to put in my freezer and to get some water jugs filled to use to flush their toilet. I liked living in the country but when the power goes out so many of civilizations perks (toilets and running water to name a couple) are lost. My friend Margaret lost power but finally got it back late Wednesday and I got an e-mail from her that she and her husband were entertaining themselves by watching the toilet flush.

Dima, wish I could pipe some of this cool air to you. It was 61 last night and the high today was 70. I hope its this nice next year when you come. Are you still in a drought area?

Vana, will make an inventory and send it to you via e-mail. And remember we do have stores here if you need something. :wink: I am glad you guys are starting to plan for saving for next MOOT. Just don't wear yourself out with your two jobs. Want you healthy and vigorous. There are sandy beaches to traverse with maybe a dune or two to struggle up. BTW, I was up in South Haven earlier today and was by Shermans. Did you know they have a big Rent A Center right next to Shermans. Not saying mind you, but you might mention to Ryan.

Sidd, how is your and your family's health? I know you all went through a rough patch a while back. Hope everyone is well now. When you say the good colleges are closed, do you mean they are just not taking anymore students for the year or are they literally closed?

Gil, good to hear from you. Are you still thinking of a visit in the fall? Are you ready for December????? Just don't wish for the white stuff this time. The whole "worst winter ever" was probably your fault..... :D :wink: Fat Girl says HI! I'd watch out if I were you, I found her pawing through a book on how to influence people while staring intently at a picture of cat treats.

Nun, thanks so much for the pictures. I loved them. I am so glad we got the one by the front gate under the willows. Perfect!

Well I hear a couch calling my name. The sun is filtering through the trees around the flet and a cool breeze is blowing in through the jalousies. Sounds like nap time to me! You all have a safe 4th of July. Eat lots of hot dogs, corn on the cob and potato salad and whatever else floats your boat.

Love & hugs
Dr. B
Slave to all cats

dr_boots
Ranger of the North

Postby Padger » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Howdy !!

Have an enjoyable and safe 4th of July everyone !!!

*hugs*
Padger
Shield Bearer

Postby NimrodelSong » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:05 am

HAPPY JULY FOURTH, EVERYONE! :horse: :grouphug: :drink:

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:26 am

HAPPY 4THOF JULY

I let Ryan know and he laughed and said, Yes I remember! By next June I will be more then ready for a good weeks break!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Gilestel » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:54 pm

]Happy 4th once again

Thanks for the greeting Rhonda :hug:

Dr B looking forward to the fall will have to be in sept

we should go in costume as hobbits to the last one and have and your niece and neighbor come with us , in costume of course

GIL
Gilestel
Shield Bearer

Postby Morwenna » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:16 am

Congratulations, Nun!

Storms! We had one last Thursday and sort of Friday, enough to have them postpone the Friday fireworks to Saturday.

Dr. B, I chuckled at your mention of a place called South Haven. I live in New Haven, which is on Long Island Sound, and we also have a North Haven, East Haven and West Haven. When people ask us (facetiously, I'm sure) where is South Haven, we often answer, "Under water!"

I've never been to anything mootish... :(
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:19 am

You need to try it Morwenna! Its great fun!!! :D We have a Fairhaven!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby nunke » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:45 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!
I've gotten to visit Lucy 3 times this week, and am still pinching myself! Such a sweetie, and such joy to see Randy and Kim blooming into great parents! Here is a link to more Lucy pics... and Gil, I agree that Lucy is a great name - never thought I'd have a Lucy of my own <3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Gil, I remember those hummers - wish I could convince some to come visit me. You must have the knack :)

I hope everyone had a great holiday. The weather was just about perfect, and except for the dogs wanting to crawl into my neck, the neighborhood fireworks were very enjoyable. I've finally gotten the garden all planted and am the "mulch, weed a bit and wait for harvest" stage. Time to catch up on some other things now, and maybe get to the barn :horse:

Sidd - do you have any comparable holidays in India? Tell us what happens on your favorite holiday, please? :D I'm glad you are feeling better.

Dr_B, I'm so glad you suggested that pic at the gate. It turned out to be my favorite, too. Thanks again for all your hospitality. Ryan and I want to come visit you in October, if you're willing...

Vana, Lucy is our first grandbaby. Randy and Kimberly have been married for 12 years, and 5 years of unsuccessful and heart-breaking fertility treatments, so Lucy is a long awaited blessing. I am so looking forward to seeing you and Ryan at the Moot next year! (You, too, Dima!)

Well, If I run, I might actually get more than my 6 hours of sleep tonight. A storm moved through earlier, bringing cooler temps - good sleeping weather. Love to all I missed and :grouphug:

nun
nunke
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth