Followers of Eru, the first decade! :D

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: Followers of Eru, the first decade! :D

Postby GwenElf » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:03 pm

And as usual I'm super behind!

Quill, I love that cooking metaphor, especially because I'm a big coffee fan! Thanks for sharing. :) How did the rest of VBS go?

How goes the job hunt, Iris? Any word from the apartment building about the manager job?

My friend is doing well! He's gone home, was out visiting a friend across the state last week, and is, from what I can see, getting back into the work he was doing before the surgery. :thumbsup: Thanks again for all the prayers!

Praise: I DEFENDED MY DISSERTATION WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:38 pm

Is there a doctor in the house? ;) :hug: Congratulations!!!!!!

No work yet. The apartment people chose someone else. I need to get off of my rear and send out some more applications. I learned today that another of my coworkers was fired. He just had open heart surgery about three months ago and told them he was willing to work, but couldn't work full time right away and they were overloading him anyhow. :roll: We all have names for these people I won't repeat here...use your imaginations.

My mom had to have a breast biopsy last week. All is good, she does not have cancer. :)

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Iris, praise God for the not cancer! Still praying for your work situation. Just went and saw "The War Room." Was convicted, stepping up my praryer life.

Gwen glad you like the metaphor. I suppose if you have things like dissertations to write and deffend than you can be forgiven yuor dependence on legal addictive stimulants :wink: What sort of dissertation was it? Please tell me it had a title that took at least two deep breaths to say! if not, s'cool ^_^ VBS went great and now we are neck deep in wednesday night AWANA. no rest for the wicked

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:07 pm

Thank you! We're 3 surgeries down with her, two to go. As if the back, biopsy and hip replacement weren't enough, on Tuesday she found out she has to have cataracts removed! The first surgery is Wednesday.

We're all still working on looking for jobs. A few of us have been successful, but the rest are still looking...

Always...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:09 pm

I'm actively looking myself. The only way to get ahead at Walmart is to sell your soul. I need to get out of that evil place.

The Letter G

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Some of my former coworkers have gone there. I think they're crazy, personally.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:35 pm

*creeps in waves*
Hi. May I please join? I may have been a member a long time ago, but I can't remember.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Billobob » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:51 am

Hey guys I'm back haven't been posting on this thread for awhile. I think I'm going to start posting here again as long as that's okay. Iris congratulations on your mother not having Cancer. :)
Billobob
Rider of the Mark

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Hey, PB! It's good to see you again1 :hug: :hug: :hug: You're always welcome!!

Hey, Bob! How you doin'? :hug:

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Billobob » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:16 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:Hey, PB! It's good to see you again1 :hug: :hug: :hug: You're always welcome!!

Hey, Bob! How you doin'? :hug:

Yeah I'm doing good has anything changed with you? :)
Billobob
Rider of the Mark

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Praying for the people of France right now, especially Paris...and especially for the TORC people there.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 am

I was told of something that I had never seen before. Remember that special A Charlie Brown Christmas, where Linus tells Charlie Brown the meaning of Christmas? While he is telling the story, he drops his security blanket just at the moment he says "Fear not!" It's so simple, yet profound.

https://jasonsoroski.wordpress.com/2015 ... #more-1284

And here's the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGJgJ5cReg

Fear not, for I bring you glad tidings of great joy!

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:51 am

I saw that when you posted it on Facebook last night, CR...I don't know how many times I've seen it (pretty close to 40!) and I noticed but didn't SEE it. Amazing. :)

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:21 pm

For anyone who's been praying for me, thank you! I have several praises, but had never requested specific prayer.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:38 am

:hug:

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Prayer Request I just saw my check stub from Walmart, and they stiffed me on my vacation pay. I had put in for a week's vacation and it was approved, but now it seems they didn't deliver, and my paycheck is less than half of what it should be. As I live paycheck to paycheck, if I don't get it I am ruined. I'm going to personnel in the morning to get it straightened out. Please pray hard for me.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Old_Begonia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Cock-Robin wrote:Prayer Request I just saw my check stub from Walmart, and they stiffed me on my vacation pay. I had put in for a week's vacation and it was approved, but now it seems they didn't deliver, and my paycheck is less than half of what it should be. As I live paycheck to paycheck, if I don't get it I am ruined. I'm going to personnel in the morning to get it straightened out. Please pray hard for me.

Oh, hey, CR, I just saw this. Please let us/me know how this is going. :(
"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen."

There is something profound about standing AT sea level.
Old_Begonia
"Old"...hmpf, if they only knew...

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 am

How did it go, CR? :hug:

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:47 pm

It went well. Management admitted the mistake and reimbursed me for part of it. The rest should appear in my next paycheck.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Good to know! :)

The night after I read your post, I had a dream that you got a new job as a tour guide somewhere. I wish I knew where exactly, but it was interesting. ;)

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:03 pm

May the dream come true, Iris. I just got through watching a Twilight Zone episode called Night of the Meek starring Art Carney as a department store Santa who got his deepest wish and became Santa for real.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_of_the_Meek

I'd give anything to have my deepest wishes come true like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwy330BSHEY

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:05 pm

:hug:

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:08 pm

I posted a little bit about this on TMV, but I want to share more of the story:

My cousin Patty died last month. Several years ago she was saved, and her mom rededicated her life and for both it was a 180 degree change. Aunt Louise died about six years ago of cancer. Patty battled cancer for two years before passing away. We've been doing a lot of prayer for her husband and kids especially. Jack (her husband) has wanted nothing to do with God. Her eldest is into witchcraft (her mother in law has told her it's compatible with Christianity), her youngest is in to Buddhism and her middle is...I have no idea. They also had no idea how to plan a funeral, so asked mom and I to help.

When my pastor heard about her dying, he called and said to me that he was available to help in any way. I thought, boy, I'd like to have him do the funeral, but she had wanted the chaplain at the cancer center. On the day we met at the funeral home, though, no one could get ahold of him so Pastor Steve was called. Steve has a gift...it's a little weird, but he has a gift for funerals and just laying it all out for people. Mom and I then asked if we could see her...we had been there the night she died and learned from experience that seeing the body at the funeral home later helped. Since she was to be cremated, we wanted this opportunity. So the director went to take care of that and we all had the opportunity to say goodbye...it ended up being a very healing time for Jack and the girls, they all hugged and cried together, and then pulled us into the group hug. :)

So...it's been about a month. Today we had Jack and Patty's brother Dan and his fiancee up, as well as two other cousins who had nowhere else to go. I knew Jack's vehicle was falling apart...Dan has been struggling to keep it running. So I asked him if he wanted my Rav. He called later and said Dan talked him into it. And we chatted and he was saying how much he misses Patty. I felt like I was being pushed...so I asked him, "Do you want me to pray with you?" He started crying and said yes. After, I told him we all love him, and he remarked on how hard that is for him to say. I said I understood, but learned you need to tell people while you have them. He said there were things he never told Patty and he wished he had. I said, "Tell her, Jack. Just say it to the empty room, because God will hear and she'll know." Suddenly, he said, "I love you and your mom and your dad...you've been so good to us!" That did it...I broke down. Then he said he was going to go see his dad and tell him things he needed to say.

After hanging up mom and I burst into tears...and we were rejoicing because, despite his heartache, Jack has been turning to God through this..little by little. It was a good day, a sad day...really a day of Thanksgiving. :) *sniff*

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth