The Ent Alliance - *O* Summer Solstice Haroooms *O*

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby FrodoTook » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm

A hobbit, after many travels, follows a rainbow and sees Fangorn Forest in the distance. The warm green glow of the forest leads him on. The trees gracefully spread and a clear path appears. He steps into the forest and although there is no movement in the air the leaves on the trees move gently. He is surrounded by the hugh trees but the hobbit is not scared. He feels welcomed by the silent forest. He strolls on enjoying the serenity. He comes upon an opening on his right. He sees a beautiful tree in the middle of an open glade...it's branches raised to the morning sun. He approaches the tree and admires it's beauty...it's splended uniqueness. He stands under the tree...seeing the wonderful display of sunlight through it's leaves. He touches the tree's bark and feels the life in the tree...the long contemplative delicate life. He is humbled and very content. He sets down with his back to the tree...he thinks back on his life..and he cannot remember many better moments. Just sitting with his back to a tree in the shade.

Enty...my visit is way over due. I miss you Sis.

:rose: for you and rwhen :hug: :hihi:

An Ent Draught indeed :lol: ... :drink: :horse: :cavetroll: :mightysquid:

Grimm my new friend. By your visiting Fangorn..you have joined us and are now one of the valued members of the Fangorn Alliance. Your banner just reinforces your allegiance. I have the honor of being the first to Welcome you to Fangorn.

The hobbit bows low.

Very nice to meet you Grimm :)
Last edited by FrodoTook on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Grimmodhr » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:44 am

Thank you Frodo it is nice to meet you too :) I am a great lover of trees and have planted many since living here in Scotland, the wonder of watching them grow adding something to nature little ents at the moment. that will stand tall and mighty in years to come :)
Grimmodhr
Shield Bearer

Postby FrodoTook » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:16 pm

the wonder of watching them grow...adding something to nature

little ents at the moment.

that will stand tall and mighty in years to come

I enjoyed your words.

Well said and well met Grim

It is good to me to know that you love them and have planted some to replace some of those which have been lost.

Sincerely,
FT

I have much respect for trees..which ( through your words ) I know you do as well.

It is very good to meet a kindred spirit.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Grimmodhr » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:56 am

Thank you Frodo I do feel it good to be able to add to what has been lost, The process is slow but the long term reward is much greater :) a lot of what I write about conveys a love of all things natural with a strong emphasis on trees it is great source of inspiration to write about such wonderful things.
Grimmodhr
Shield Bearer

Postby scotspine » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Welcome Grimmodhr

Strange that I visit now after so long away. I must have felt your presence in the forest.
TA ROOMA ROONA LORRA LON!

Scotspine..Master Guardian.
Always nice to have a fellow Scot on board. :lol:

I note you have planted trees in Scotland. Wouldn,t be for Trees for Life. They are a great charity helping to restore the Caledonian Pine woods. I have been on a few work weeks up in the highlands. Gives you a real high to help bring back the forests.

TTFN
scotspine
Shield Bearer

Postby Grimmodhr » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:24 am

Hail Scotspine :) Im not aware of the charity you mentioned, But it does sound like a good thing to be involved in :D The trees ive planted are in our garden for shelter against the gails we get in winter hoping it might save the roof of the house in the long run :lol:
Grimmodhr
Shield Bearer

Postby Parador~J » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:18 am

Hail and well met Grim and Scotspine...

**bows humbly to the two forest dwellers**

Aye, it's been quite awhile since I've set foot in this old forest :(

I've come bearing gifts of friendship in the renewing spirit of three old friends...FT, Rwhen and Enty...our Queen of Fangorn Forest :)

I've sent out an Ent Alert on her...hope she hears the beacon! We'll listen carefully...for her gentle steps bringing down a light thud to the ground...making our hearts skip a beat...then growing louder and louder! Then turning into a resounding earth shaking as she runs to find her friends waiting for her...as they hang on to each other for dear life...branches and leaves and fruit falling down all around them!

:lol: That would be our Enty...

FT...your post was beautiful :)

Rwhen!... :hug:

Ok fellow TORC mates....we've got to get Ent back in here :horse:

I'll IM her again...and send an email... :thumbsup: Tell her everyone is looking for her.

**We need to create an Enty thread, aye?

ON another note....I'm going back to school, FT! Yes, again!! :lol:

I told Rwhen and Vana and Hue and everyone already...just wasn't sure you ran across any of the threads I was posting in about it.

It's the LVN Program (Nursing)...it will take a year to complete. This semester I'll be taking 15 credit hours...and I'll work only Saturday and Sunday and 6 hours on Thursday evening after I get out of class. The company I work for (UTMB-University of Texas Medical Branch) is paying for my schooling and part of my work hours! Can't beat that... :thumbsup:

It's going to be a tough year...but well worth it when I'm done. Then I can afford to come and visit everyone :D

I sure have missed you, FT :hug:

It's great to see you are still here...posting in these great Halls...

Soon we'll get Ent back... (it's in her blood....once a TORCer...always a TORCer) ;)

Rwhen...when's the best time to call you? :)
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Forestations by EntwifeLost

Postby EntwifeLost » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:31 pm

:o HOOOOMSIES

A large tree woman, steps down from a stony ridge and into the softer ground of the Entwash. She stops a slow moment, and inhales the sweet water permeating the air of Fangorn. The sound of delicate trickles, leads her up toward Wellinghall, where she sinks in her roots for a hot summer. A small rain shower, lifts her sleeping boughs to awakedness and she sees a small creature, against the glare of a brilliant rainbow.
A small Hobbit he is. Very small, but with a large heart of a dragon! Frodo Took, an honorary Hobbit he is here! Her twig reaches down to touch his head and he looks up with those big ole hobbit eyes!!
"My dear Friend...." she whispers as he hugs the tree and feels the strength and glow of the Tree Lady's spirit!

Then upon a hill, she is shocked to hear, the steps of the Guardian. The strong one, the staff of Crowletain is a strong object in his hands. She watches the sky paint brilliant colors as he approaches. Birds grace his entrance and as she meets his eyes. They smile with the wideness of an Old Willow, and share a bowl of Entdraught, branch to branch.

A new one, she mentions. Scotspine tells her of Grimmodhr, and his long trek from far away lands. Enty turns to see the new comer and , slowly, as not to frighten, she leans down and touches his forehead with her long twiggy finger. Welcome Grimm.
"The trees here can listen to you for miles. Some carry your echoes for acres and always will Treebeard be joyous at your choice of Alliances. Welcome to the Ent Alliance!!! and to Tolkien Online."

The Princess and the Lake, remained true and brilliant. Enty's elvish friends tell her Princess rwhen, finds solace in her lake castles. She keeps the freshest of flowers and the best of creatures, to give sheen and character to the Lake which doesnt get many visitors. Enty sees the lonley lake and with a Hoom and a whistle, there is a sprouting of Lilacs on its shore. Bees and Birds flock there, and the rainbow that brought in Frodo Took, now reflects in its moving waters!!

"Oh Im HOME!" Enty cries....

She ponders over what beauty and peace she finds....
Lilacs in the ends of summer, rainbows over the lake, new trees and old trees and the Guardian again graces the Enchanted Forest's Paths!!!
Lilacs so fragrants and blooming... they give her a euphoric feeling. Wait maybe it was too largeof a bowl of Entdraught. That master Guardian has been brewing stronger batches!!!
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:21 pm

The Bard of the Wildwood stolls through a Fangorn Forest to shade himself from the summer's sun and heat when in the distance a fall willowy and very familiar figure is spotted moving through the wood.

"Hail, Hiya and Hoomsies to my long lost Long Haul Sister. How the heck are ya darlin'. It's mighty good ta see ya." He cries out in pure delight and flashes her the very best of his most brilliant starbright grins.

It sure has not been the same around here without ya and I do hope you will be staying for more than a quick drive by posting. :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Grimmodhr » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:02 am

Hail Entwifelost thank you for your kind words :) and welcoming me to the ent allaince of Fangorn forest :D
Grimmodhr
Shield Bearer

Postby FrodoTook » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:27 am

~Her twig reaches down to touch his head and he looks up with those big ole hobbit eyes!!
"My dear Friend...." she whispers as he hugs the tree and feels the strength and glow of the Tree Lady's spirit!~

With Enty's magical touch the hair on the hobbits head grows and curls. He hugs her tightly and cries tears of shear joy at seeing her again. He looks up and sees her smiling down at him. She reaches down and gently picks him up, raising him till he can look closely into her eyes. The soft brown of her eyes is slowly replaced by a golden green and the hobbit feels he is looking into the wells of time. Of time long ago. Times of joy and times of sadness. He feels he is re-living his life through her wisened eyes. He sees all things anew. From an all new perspective. He remembers many things he had forgotten and he learns so much he never knew.

Suddenly, the hobbit hears someone saying...

"Hey, FT...Wake UP"

He opens his eyes and sees his friends P~J, rwhen, erinhue, Grimm and scotspine standing around him looking at him curiously.

"FT, are you OK?"...asks P~J

"Yes, I think so. I just had the most wonderful dream."

====================

:hihi: to everyone. Much love to P~J :rose: for prompting Enty to visit. Much love to rwhen :rose: for always being my friend. And of course much love to ENTY :rose: herself.

It really does this old hobbits heart good to see all of you...my dear friends...again. I hope to be seeing more of all of you around here more often.

Your FT...Tookster..Acornhead
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:49 pm

Hearing the sweet call of the Entwife brought rwhen out of her tea brewing on that lazy afternoon. Lilacs and honeycomb scented air wafted about her lakeside retreat. Well, okay so it is a castle, but what does size matter in Fanghorn. So many trees had gone to sleep in the past year or so and rwhen had made only a small effort to keep track of the comings and goings of the lands and forest surrounding her little piece of real estate. But now, THE Entwife had returned, it was in the air, it was being whispered among the flowers and buzzed by the insects that carry pollen from bloom to bloom to bloom. And a new member of the alliance, Grimm was waiting to be welcomed. Shimmying down to the forest floor, the barefoot elf princess padded softly towards the growing crowd. As she approaced, she could see P darlin' J, Erinhue, Scotspine, THE Entwife and they were all looking down on something.

"Oh ho, what have we here? A sleeping hobbit and none other than Frodo Took. Enty? Why not rattle the ground with one of your ear shattering" THE Entwife turned an eyeball in her direction, "erm, I meant a very pleasant coo of your haroooooooms?" It appears there was no need to ask, the deed was done and as rwhen hugged P darlin' J and threw a wave and a wink to Scotspine and Grimm, Erinhue stood directly over Frodo Took as he roused.

".....I just had the most wonderful dream."

"Yeah and I bet you are ready for some breakfast now?" rwhen chided her friend. "Come on Effff Teeee, let us see what we can do to fill that vacuous pit you call a stomach."

rwhen headed off to find just the right food stuffs for the homecoming and celebration of a new member to the guild.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excellent to see you all here on thread. I think it has been too long since you awakened Enty. I miss you TONS. Looked for you on Yahoo today, hoping to find you for an hour or two to chat. I am at work most days from 6:45 am PST to 3:30. Drop me a PM next time you can chat for an hour or so, I need to get all caught up. Don't make me send you something to photo all over San Antonio, cause I will do it. :D

:grouphug:

P darlin' J, thanks to you especially for gathering us all together. :hug:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby FrodoTook » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:08 pm

".....I just had the most wonderful dream." said the hobbit.

"Yeah and I bet you are ready for some breakfast now?" rwhen chided her friend. "Come on Effff Teeee, let us see what we can do to fill that vacuous pit you call a stomach."

The now fully awakened hobbit says "Mushrooms would be nice" to the barefoot elf princess.

"It has been quite a while since I last had any and you know how much I love them"

~The Hobbit looks up at her earnestly with his brown ( hazel ) eyes~

=======

OOC. Yes, many thanks to Wee Jay. :rose: You, my dear, have brought the magic.
The magic of you and and the magic of dear friends.

They know who they are.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby FrodoTook » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:41 pm

scotspine

You are indeed the very first Ent ( or one of the very first Ents ) to visit this neck of the woods. Entling preceded you by a short bit but was a sapling and did not put down roots here. :wink:

I have been re-reading this thread from the beginning and came upon when you first strode in.

Posted: 03 Aug 2001 19:38

May your gardens grow in blessedness Entwifelost.

If only us old ents had thought to start an alliance thread long ago,maybe our long sundering from the entwifes would have been avoided. I,m so happy to meet you all that I,ve brought along some of our secret recipe that we add to our drafts. Men long ago travelled 1000 miles to sample our drafts. We call the recipe "Uisge beatha", the water of life. It,s only made now in a few deep dales of Caledon. Drink my friends and be joyful for the time of "Entmoot" approachith.

EWL hail (ta runna runna rom). I think there is almost enough of us to deal with young Sauruman at Orthanc. I see our alliance has some gentle creatures of our folk and a young strip of a entling. In my younger days I lead a valour of our mighty kindred when our borders were threatened. I offer my services as guardian to the Entmoot. Fear not. My heart is not black like the Huorn,s but my strenght may be needed in this time of the dominian of men. Add me to the old lists.

SCOTSPINE - warrior,healer,gentle heart and faithful friend.

Let none now enter our alliance who are not true.
Caledonia forever!

Well met again my Good Ent.

I knew you looked familiar.

We talked in another thread...

In which scotspine said...

Date Posted: Aug/02/2001 8:58 PM

"I must be growing hasty or something but thats 10mins and nobody has offered me a drink of water. Its a long walk from Fangorn in ent-strides and I,ve a mighty thirst. Oh my name in elvish is Caledon. Elves started it you know,always wanting to talk to everthing.

<FrodoTook runs up struggling>

"Master scotspine, Here is a big bucketful straight from
the clear cool waters of the Bywater Pool."

<scotspine looks down at me thoughtfully for 10 minutes, then slowly raises the bucket to his parched lips>

<5 minutes later>

Gulp, Gulp,Gulp, Gulp,Gulp, Gulp,Gulp, Gulp,Gulp, Gulp,Gulp, Gulp,

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

<scotspine rouses me from my nap>

I ask "Another bucket?"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

<scotspine rouses me from my nap>, etc.

That ought to bring back some memories.

It sure did for me.

FT :)

It is so good to talk to you ( and learn from you ) again.

Very cool...the water is...and to be able to remember.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby EntwifeLost » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Wow FT!! That was a pleasant read. Those good ole times and what words we conjured , for the love of Tolkien and his worlds. What literary and imaginative joy!

I often go to Fangorn, in my imagination, to escape the real world woes. Its a place of Solace that wont ever leave me!

Hail and Hooms again from the Entwife of the Earth Wandering Kind.
Its ironic, that i can switch from an Entwife, forever lost in the forest, to a chic on the internet making Robot Humping Videos... Lunchmeat for the Electronically Wicked!! HAHHA - Hope some of you will watch it and still be my Tolkien Friend.. LMAO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efV1aLYRj0g
By Cooksterz - AKA Enty... shhh dont tell! :lol: [/url]
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby FrodoTook » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Boo!!

Robots..Bologna...Indeed. :)

And yes that is a very cool ring.

:lol: Enty..That was awesome. I watched it twist ( in my best West Virginia accent ) :wink: and saw more stuff each time and will watch it again to catch more stuff. So much to see...take in...wow!!!

Seriously..that was way cool and I thank you for turning me onto it.

Cool vid..cool music...cool you.

Cooksterz..I love that. 8)

I saw your eyes :roll: '..great to see them again.

Most impressed. :thumbsup:

=======

Check it out yall...Ents n all.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby EntwifeLost » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey thanks for the view! HAHA :d Yeah, if you sign in, you can add your own annotation there (im just noticing some additions as well, which makes it more interactive... for those folks who watch... Lots to see there at the Cooksterz channel.
I actually put Gollum, that vile creature, in my Beer Glass video.. Gollum wanted me to kill flies!! HAHAH
I love the Virginia accent. I need one of dem...

Robots like Lunchmeat, they just do it different... LOL ;D i was thinking i would do a series called Lunchmeat for the Wicked... in a silly way incorporate like Liverwurst, Salami, Pastrami and even Roast Beefs and Turkeys.. LOL :D

Miss your humour....
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby FrodoTook » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:41 am

Hey Enty,

I am on my way out to work now but did want to see if you had responded. I am glad you did.

I look forward to seeing Gollum.

Flies, My Precious. :P

i was thinking i would do a series called Lunchmeat for the Wicked... in a silly way incorporate like Liverwurst, Salami, Pastrami and even Roast Beefs and Turkeys..

Do it!!!!! :thumbsup:

I will there to observe. 8)
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Flying from a great distance, an Eagle circles above Fangorn Forest. "Down there, Gwaeryn! We have some old friends we haven't seen in years! Do you think they'll remember me?"

"Silly question, silly hobbit!." said Gwaeryn. "Look! There's the hill I can land on." Dropping down, he lands. The hobbit dismounts.

"Hoom! Enty, remember me? Cock-Robin is back!"

How can I say I missed you? Let Louise Tucker say it for me:

Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue,
So lonely without you
Dreams fed by the memories
Oh, let the music play!

Midnight Blue,
Those treasured thoughts of you,
Gone now and forever
Please let the music play!

Midnight, Midnight
I forgave you, coulnd't save you,
Drove you from my mind--

Midnight Blue
So lonely without you
Warm words from a fantasy
Oh, let the music play!

Midnight Blue
The tears come flowing through;
I'll never forget you,

Midnight, Midnight,
I forgave you, couldn't save you,
Drove you from my mind--

Midnight Blue
Those treasured thoughts of you;
Gone now and forever

Midnight Blue

The Letter G

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

NEW TITLED MEMBER : Eagle of the Enchanted Forest

Postby EntwifeLost » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Overhead the canopies surrounding Wellinghall, a strong cry of an eagle is heard. The sky painted with his feathered wings. The majestic creature seems to belong here....

Enty twinkled the reflection of sunlight , on her Earth Ring erutaN and the greenish flare, reached the keen eyes of the Eagle. It swooped down and perched on the nearby hill, facing the Lake and the Entfriends around it!! A small Hobbit approached and announced his prescence, before dining on the feast and entwash provided!! The other Elves and Entlings welcomed the spry lil one.. And Enty stayed fixed on the Eagle.
Its yellowish eyes were wise and knowing...

Enty Leaped up and Announced to All...

WELCOME EAGLE OF THE ENCHANTED FOREST!! Cock-Robin. For beautiful Music swoops off the wings of the great overseer of our Lands!!!

" All Welcome and Hail, the Newest Titled Member of the Ent Alliance: Cock-Robin "Eagle of the Enchanted Forest!!"

Enty slowly approached the animal and stared thru its peircing eyes for some time. She knew not its name and she believed that a spirit so great, could not be bound by names. She communicated to the bird, that he was to be Home, when he visited Fangorn. And she whispered it to the tallest tree tops! "Our skies are only graced by your prescense, Great Spirit, and great Eagle of the Enchanted Forest" . Then Enty bowed humbly to the great Eagle....

Hello

FT: Glad you saw it, and looked within them. Means alot to have someone give me such interpretive feedback! Youll laugh.. but im serious.. i photos of some floating peanut pellets! I was also about 2 cars back,,, but i tried to get the photos!! Ill search for them to send ya a copy... I watch things that way too!! Hugs

OK, i had to you tube that Louise Tucker.. its very medieval video too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Szjt3-2F5U
Although someone mixed the music with some images on this next one it looked better..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoXu_CW- ... re=related

Thanks for posting it. The lyrics are quite haunting...
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 am

Enty your Robots like lunchmeat is a riot, I think it is the sleazy music that accompanies it that tops it off. :D ;)

~~~~~~~~~

"Mushrooms would be nice!" beamed FrodoTook.

"And mushrooms you shall have." rwhen, with help of the friends of Fanghorn in short order had a cloth laid on the thickest of grass with clotted cream, honey, berries, fresh breads and a lovely skillet of fried and seasoned mushrooms.

"Enjoy!!" As the group started to enjoy the fare, the shadow of a very large bird briefly blotted out the brilliant sun. Then a hobbit came into view.

""Hoom! Enty, remember me? Cock-Robin is back!"

" All Welcome and Hail, the Newest Titled Member of the Ent Alliance: Cock-Robin "Eagle of the Enchanted Forest!!" Said the Entwife!!

rwhen danced with joy at the reunion with her friend CR. "As usual you have arrived just in time for some food, please join us."

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby FrodoTook » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:46 am

The hobbit sits on the grass and eyes all of the wonderful food rwhen has layed upon the cloth. His mouth waters as he wonders what to eat first. ENTY sees him sitting there in the bright sunlight thinking that the hobbit could use some shade. She walks over and spreads her branches. She moves her leaves creating a gentle breeze.

The hobbit takes a helping of the seasoned mushrooms and notices Cock-Robin standing nearby with his eagle.

"Come my friend. Sit with me and please bring Gwaeryn"

"There is plenty for all"

rwhen and P~J come from behind a tree bearing more bowls. FT places down his bowl, jumps up and runs toward them.

"rwhen, P~J, please allow me"

The hobbit takes the bowls and his friends walk beside him to Cock-Robin and Gwaeryn.

"My dear ladies, please do take a break"

They sit beside Cock-Robin. FT bows low to them then grabs an extra bowl and runs to the nearby river and fills the bowl to the brim. He walks back trying so hard not to spill any. He lifts the bowl to ENTY who accepts it graciously.

The hobbit then sits down and enjoys the merry feast with his friends.

Gwaeryn is so pleased to see...

two hobbits,

an elven princess,

a lady of Gondor

and

an Ent Wife...all enjoying each others company.

:)
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Cock-Robin had indeed arrived just in time for a meal. He was good at that. "Mushrooms? Nothing makes me happier other than a good ent-draught."

"Careful, you'll grow as big as me. Then I couldn't carry you anymore." laughed the Eagle. He joined the party. His folded wings looked like royal robes upon him. And yet, he was but a servant of greater ones.

"Mae goevannen, great one." he said, as he bowed to Entwife. "The winds sing to hear your voice."

A reunion great is this gathering,
Hobbits, ladies, tree-shepherds all.
A company that makes this Eagle sing;
Herald of Manwë, watcher from afar.

The trees and birds give homage,
Olvar and Kelvar, with their guardians bear witness;
So has it ever been,
So shall it be,
Until the stars fall from the sky.

A merry meeting is this,
And one to lift voices in song!

So the Eagle sang with a merry heart.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Wisteria1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Wisteria the Weaver stands in the meadow outside the great forest. Fangorn. She sighs and smiles at the fond memories she holds of her visits here in the far too distant past. A chuckle escapes her as she remembers time moves differently for Ents and Entwives. What has been years to her has been but moments to them.

"I have been tending a forest of my own," she announces to the trees before her. "Steward of the Hillside is my title now, although I still weave now and again. Cleaning out the old and fallen to make room for the little saplings, moving rocks that have blocked the springs and kept them from flowing, planting rockcress and stonecrop and other plants that renew the forest floor...all these have been my tasks."

"But I have missed my friends here...and have come to visit if you will part your branches and allow me entrance into your mighty halls?"

Wiste knows the ways of trees, and settles in to await a reply, fully understanding she may wait a while.
Wisteria1
Petitioner to the Council

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Indeed she may. *sigh*

Our beloved Enty comes for a few days and then is gone for months at a time. But maybe she will hear your plea and tromp on in.

Great to see you again Wiste!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby FrodoTook » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Steward of the Hillside

The Weaver

Wisteria

said...

time moves differently for Ents and Entwives. What has been years...has been but moments

Cleaning out the old and fallen to make room for the little saplings, moving rocks that have blocked the springs and kept them from flowing, planting rockcress and stonecrop and other plants that renew the forest floor...all these have been my tasks.

Both absolutely lovely to me Cindy and so very well said.

I am so very glad to see you and read your thoughts again.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm glad to see everybody here, too.

O where, o where has our Enty gone?

O where, o where can she be?

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Hoom and Haroom - Ent Lovers of 2011

Postby EntwifeLost » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:32 pm

HOOOM!!! a 10 year old Entwife Arrives back home!

A wonderful spring branch wave to you all. I feel so pulled away from Fangorn, so moody and dark, yet so involved in other worlds these days.
I was speaking on this lovely land today. One of my tree inspirations for my user name, was a poem written by a fellow Tolkien lover. Pre-Internet days, we spoke and read LOTR and often spoke of the lands that Tolkien implanted in our minds. He was part of my inspiration is choosing EntwifeLost once i found TORC and the forums and people here. That wonderful tree man, who ive known over 30 years, is no longer roaming this Earth, as of 1 month 19 days ago. But i feel strongly part of his earthly soul is here in Fangorn and his tree gleams above the wonderous Enchanted Forest of Middle Earth. I raise my bowl of Entwash in his honor. I miss you Jack.

Love you all and i recall and reminisce on TORC's place in my woody heart very often. Im gonna be all up in here for a while.
~ Enty

to quote a special writer:

I come here when I am lonely

I come here when I am glad

I come here to be with old friends

I come here to not feel sad....

Where do I come from?

I do not know...

How did I find this place

In the space of a twinkling of an eye?

I do not know...

What is known and unknown is not

for us to ponder and fret about, just

knowing you are here..to guide, to love

to give all you have..I salute you Fanghorn...

~rwhen
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 pm

ENTY!!! Long time no see! :hug: :yippie: I missed you so much, and you're a sight for sore eyes. I'm glad to see you back.

The Letter G

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:30 am

We all are!!!!! :yippie: :hug: Welcome back sweetie!!!! :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth