The Goth Guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Lindonbayne » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:30 pm

I assumed the question was directed at Berhael, Lush being the wonderful pervayer of pampering products. (woo, alliteration!)

On a related note, I'm getting a scaffold piercing next week, eee! I finally found a decent studio here, and all because the bus went the wrong way, heh.
Lindonbayne
Ranger of the North

Postby Aerin » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:48 pm

Ooooooh, make sure you send us pics eventually!

Being Gothic is so much harder in wintertime. I can't show off my tattoos, or my worded tees, or even my (heavy and pale) legs in a miniskirt. Well, I COULD on the last one, but I'd freeze.
Aerin
Mariner

Postby Lindonbayne » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:40 am

:roll:
that's what stripy/lacy tights are for silly :P

not sure I'll get my scaffold this weeknd, but sommet'll get pierced :D
Lindonbayne
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:24 pm

Not to sound stupid or anything, but what is getting your scaffold pierced?

Yeah I would have to wear the tights if I wore a dress right now. We have had a very warm winter but all of a sudden it wants to be cold and wintery. I was hoping I had escaped that for this year but I guess not.
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Lindonbayne » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:48 pm

This would be a scaffold, aka industrial.
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=205&password=&sort=1&cat=502&page=4
The one I want is pretty much like that, a helix to helix, but an industrial is usually helix (via rook) to conch. If that made any sense. Ye can check that site's piercing location faq section if ye dint get any of that.

I think my knee high boots just died. RIP boots
Lindonbayne
Ranger of the North

Postby Aerin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:14 pm

I usually don't like tights, and fishnets aren't warm at all, but I DID see some pretty lacy stockings at Wal-Mart.... I might try that. Thanks!
Aerin
Mariner

Postby Hidden_Ring » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:39 pm

I understand what a scaffold is now, it kinda looks like scaffolding going up inside your ear.

You're right, Aerin. Fishnet isn't the warmest think in the world. It's like wearing long sleeves with none of the insulating benefits.

My navel piercing seems to be healing well. Not sure if I'll ever get anything else pierced. But the Emblem of the House of Elendil is my next tattoo, the tree and stars and crown.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Aerin » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:10 pm

Went to Wal-Mart.... I finally found these black moccasins I've been looking for for ages, and they were only ten dollars! Plus I got some pretty stockings - not lacy, not really, but in a tea rose pattern. I may wear them tomorrow....
Aerin
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:27 pm

Thanks Lindon I didnt know that was what that was called.

Well now we expect a pic Aerin to show us how cute they are. :thumbsup:

I am glad to hear that your piercing is healing properly. I know I have heard that a navel can take a year to heal up completely. I think that may be what is making me put mine off as well as I dont think my tummy is quite flat enough to be able to show it off. ;):P Maybe someday.
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Aerin » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:45 am

Wind gusts up to 30 mph, and wind chill factor to below zero..... ain't no WAY I'm wearing a flouncy miniskirt today. :P

Vana - my belly button piercing only took about four or five months to heal, though I waited the full six months before changing the jewelry. It's a lot easier to heal if you wear loose-waisted or lowriding pants. And don't worry about not having the flat belly to show it off - my belly is anything but flat, and I still show it off!
Aerin
Mariner

Postby Hidden_Ring » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:25 pm

Well I have a new piece of jewelry for my navel. It's in the shape of a CBR, but the bead looks like the head of a morning star. We'll see how it feels to sleep on. I might be looking for something with less points on it. As to WHY I have a new piece of jewelry, sometime Wed. I lost the barbel I had in. It didn't tear, didn't reject, it was just totally gone and I saw the spiked balls and liked them.

Can't say much more for now. Will write more later.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Aerin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:16 pm

Hi everyone! I discovered something today; NEVER wear black to an animal shelter. I cuddled three adorable, sweet, loving cats, found the one I want to adopt, and came away with enough fur on my top to make a pair of gloves.
Aerin
Mariner

Postby A_Simple_Poet » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:40 pm

This is an interesting thread that was in need of being rescued from the dire muck of oblivion.

I must say that I am a Romanticist with Gothic leanings. I tend to identify with the Phantom of the Opera himself (minus the disfigurement and the intent to routinely commit murder. And I am happily married). I am a man of letters like the Phantom was (though he specialized in Opera), yet I like dark prose. I tend to haunt the Scriptorium more then any other place at TORC, but I have given a thought to exploring my latent Gothic tendencies, so I gave a thought to joining the guild here as well as other forums across the World Wide Web...but I digress.

I thought I would put to the forum here the question. How does contemporary Gothic culture (with emphasis on vampirism and what would seem...80's music?) differ from the Romantic ideals of the 19th century. Obviously, I am not referring to fashion and outward appearances with this question, but more of a platform of a Gothic Mentality.

Anyway, if you need a scribe....I can do that too.
A_Simple_Poet
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:23 am

Hey ASP!!

I had all but forgotten this thread. I mean it doesnt move very fast and sometimes I lose track of it. Thanks for bringing it back up ASP!

Well, I have been toying again with the idea of another piercing but still havent decided where. I mean I could do the belly button or the nose but I am not sure. I so want another tattoo too but still cant decide which one or where to put it. I know I want this one where it can be seen most of the time. :D Time to quit putting them in descreet places. Let my light shine so to speak.

I have found some cool candle holders in the last year. My honeys mom gave me a cool candle stick last month. She has had it for a long time. I had noticed it and admired it silently. When we were there for the 4th I asked her where she had gotten it so I might find one too. She just gave it to me. :shock: She said she was wondering what to do with it but she didnt want to give it to a thrift shop, it had been a gift from a friend. So she said she thought she found it a perfect home by giving it to me. It is a brass candle stick that has a single bowl above a star sitting on the top of the crescent moon above a sun face. It is really cool looking.

I love sitting in the dark with my candles and incense burning. Listening to dark celtic music or something like Marilyn Manson. Yes I am a freak. I dont know why I like some of his music but maybe it is his rebellion to being bound by the borders of normalcy.

Anyways Hi everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby A_Simple_Poet » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:59 pm

I recently stumbled across Gothic Beauty magazine (a bit weighed towards a feminine audience) but through it I found many different websites and rescources for all things Goth. I do not think I am 80's Goth. I don't know. I am still exploring myself and recognize latent Gothic tendencies that have been just below the surface of my consciousness for most of my adult life, 'tis a pity that it has taken me so long to realize it, but leanring is the journey, I suppose.
A_Simple_Poet
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:21 pm

Welcome ASP, to the darker side of TORC.

We do tend to let the thread slip down sometimes. Oh well, I never was much into the 80's Goth scene. Granted I was in Elementary school at the time, but even then I was not like most of the other kids there. Same through the 90's too, though towards the end of those I started to recognise and get into the scene, primarily with darker clothes and a blacker, more macabre humor. That hasn't changed. My musical tastes have just gotten wider. In addition to my preference of Evanescence, LP, Switchfoot, Seether and similar bands, I'm listening to more classic rock.

I recently changed balls in my navel piercing (yes I'm a guy and have my navel done) since the spiky ball, as cool as it looked, was annoying when the ring would slide so the ball was inside my belly button. As far as ink goes, my next project is a royal symbol of Gondor: White Tree, the Crown and Seven stars. After that will likely be a pair of ankhs, one black with red trim and the other is reversed. I think they might go side by side under my seven point stars. Not sure yet. Maybe it will be a bull's head and a rooster, both with blue eyes. My Greek and Chinese zodiacs.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth