The Fire Glade of the Shapeshifters

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:39 pm

<i>It had been quiet in the Glade for so long, it's inhabitants had settled into a sort of routine, but Shalome smiled at the newcommer, and Tiel waved and grinned her infectous grin. <BR>Another fox darted out of the brush, caught the handle of a leather bag and disapeared again into the brush.<BR>Tiel laughed and began to tease the fox about forgetting where he had left his clothes. An elven warrior stepped into the clearing a few moments later, droping the bag into Shlome's hand before catching up the little girl and tickling her till she screamed.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Nyx » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:34 pm

OCC: May i join?<BR><BR> The black fox cloaked in the darkness of the forest watched as an injured fox ran past her as though running for his life. Her bright purple eyes glimpsed towards the general direction of which it came from. THe curiousity of this shapeshifter began to take her over, she wanted to know what had caused the fox such a fright. As she silently trotted over to the area she noticed a strange smell in the air. She couldn't quite put her senses on it but it smelt like other shapeshifters. The black fox ran towards the smell, her strides seemed to flow like water in a quiet river. As she got close and closer she began to see a group of shapeshifters, how she could tell this even she didn't know, but it just felt as though they were. SHe hid behind a large tree and watched in bewilderness. Why would all of them be in one place at the same time. SHe had never seen such a thing in her life. As though she wasn't in control of her action, she walked out from hiding and stood their amongest the group.
Nyx
Shield Bearer

Postby Son_of_Legolas » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:02 pm

<i>Nevon sat down beside his Shalome and Tiel. He tickled Tiel under the chin and glanced around the glade, smiling at the newcomers. A whole year had passed and still he remained in the glade with his newfound family.</i><BR><BR>Well, Shalome, its almost about time for some excitement to happen around here, am I wrong?<BR><BR><i>He smiled and kissed her on the cheek</i><BR><BR>OOC-BTW, I suggest that we get an rp started soon, and more people should come.<BR><BR>##------->Nevon Greenleaf
Son_of_Legolas
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:46 am

"Indeed, it's a wonder that there hasen't been more going on."<BR><i>Tiel had grown considerably and was learning quickly, if not always eagerly. The child was now more than three feet tall, wel clothed, clean and had nearly forgotten what it had felt like to be truely hungry. She skipped through the forest, going wherever she pleased, for few animals feared her, and protected her, bringing her home, safly at night. She had yet to learn to change her shape at will, like Shalome and some of the other shapeshifters, but she was learning to function in her lizardish form, under close supervision of both Nevon and Shalome.<BR>This night, Nevon had tickled her under the chin, the way she hated him to do. She struggled away from him, walking into the night.</i><BR>"Nevon, you know she hates that. She feels too old, grownup."<BR><i>He chuckled.</i> "She'll calm down and be back soon." <BR>"Still, you should stop."<BR><i>Tiel had been gone for an hour, when a Mourning Dove fluttered, ungracefully into the clearing and landed on Shalome's lap. She leant closer to it as it whispered to her in bird speach. The bird's message set fear into her heart and she clutched Nevon's hand.</i><BR>"What's wrong?" <i>he asked.<BR>Her voice trembled as she answered.</i> "The Dark Elves have taken Tiel!"
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby themasternazgul » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:14 pm

Just saying hi...<BR><BR>hi<BR><BR><BR>For Life, For Honor<BR>~The Master Nazgul~
themasternazgul
Shield Bearer

Postby Son_of_Legolas » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:26 pm

<i>Nevon hurriedly grabbed his leather, throwing knife case and tied it to his belt. He was about to charge into the forest and Shalome took hold of his tunic.</i><BR><BR>{sigh} Yes, Shalome, I'm sorry, too rash again? We better have a plan in mind then. I don't want my girl in their hands too long.<BR><BR><i>He spoke while staring darkly into the woods...</i><BR><BR>##------->Nevon Greenleaf
Son_of_Legolas
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:20 pm

<i>Shalome sighed and nearly began to cry. She didn't have a plan, neither could she sit here and do nothing. She knew not which way the abductors went, or why they had taken the child. HEr hands trembling, she began to pray. The dove that had brought the news returned with a handsome robin. Both perched on her shoulders and began to speek with her. When they finished, she looked to Nevon, her eyes filled with hope.</i> "This robin says that the birds are watching and that they have not gotten far. They are headed north east, to their city."
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:56 pm

One bump, that's all, I promise!
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Diov » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:11 pm

December is a long time for this poor thread to be going with no responses. I have been searching for it high and low since I saw it on the Guild List and now that I have found it I am afraid it is no longer among the land of the living.

I figure I will give it a try, though.

Your Glade is one that should never be abandoned...I have come to recclaim the area in the name of the shifters, and hope that those who dwelled here once will join me.

Wolves can only go so long without companionship.

The albino grey wolf stepped softly into the glade. Hoping desperately to find his brethren...
Diov
Shield Bearer

Postby Dragonman04 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:26 pm

Daman was wearier than he ever thought he could be. His vision blured and he nearly swooned. Bracing himself on a tree he glanced around to the left and right. Then he saw it.

Off to his left he discerned a beautiful glade. Within were those like him, shapeshifters. But these were natural shapeshifters. Daman's gift was magic given.

Daman stumbled toward the glade. His white hair was flowing about his ebon-skined face. The pointed ears of elven kind peeked up from folds in the white locks, and showed his heritage as a dark elf.

He could only hope they would give him leave to remain for a while in their glade.

Hi. I just saw this thread brought back from the dead. I didn't know it existed. I was planning to form a guild of my own for shapeshifters, but I would much rather join this one if I may.

Here is the bio of my character.

Walks in and chooses the Black leather one, with the speakers in the headrest, and the control panel for the TV.

Here's a short bio of my character:

Name: Daman
Age: 867 years(That are known to him. He is in fact much, much older)
Race: Dark Elf Shapeshifter.
Appearance: In human form he appears to be a tall, dark haired, strong man of numenor. In appearance he seems to be what some call a Dark Numenorian. As the man he has shoulder length black hair, deep almost black eyes, with red pupils. He can take the form of any living creature, but they appear to be a bit disorted, not quite right. Except dark creatures, those he can form perfectly. He has five perfered forms here they are

1)Dark Numenorian Male
2)Werewolf: Large, male, with deep silver hair.
3)Great Oolog Hai Troll
4)Dragonish creature, more like a flying Lizard.(Looks like a small version of the Pern dragons.)
5)A dark elf. White Hair, lavender eyes and deep purple skin. This is Daman Do'Urden's natural form.

His powers are not natural, but the end result of decades of practice in the skill. He gained the powers to conceal his odd form from the rest of Middle Earth. He once ventured into the surface lands in his true form but was called a demon and chased out of the land of Erebor. Since then he only reverts to his natural form when he can no longer hold a form for any longer.(It takes focus to maintain a form and it strains his mind, eventually he will revert to the dark elf) He also reverts when he needs the natural fighting abilities and infrared vision of that form.

Weapons: In human and troll form a large sword. In werewolf form none save claws and teeth. In his dark elf form his sword reverts back to it's original form of two slightly curved scimitars. In that form he also wields a handheld crossbow that fires poison darts.

History:Of little iterest until he left the cave dwellings of his people in the Ettenmores. He has found only a few of his kind on the surface, and those he has found have been quite hostile to him. They see him as a threat and he doesn't know why. He has over the years adapted to live in the world of men, and dwarves, elves are warry of him, and never wholy trust him. For that reason he has had few dealings with them.
Dragonman04
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:49 pm

Yay! I'll try to get an RP post up tomorrow or Sunday, but I'm thrilled to see this thread trying to come back to life.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Son_of_Legolas » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:47 pm

A flash of briliant red fur burst from the shadows of the old forest surrounding the Glade. The small fox panted hard as he came at an abrupt hault one spar from the lady, Shalome. Sitting like an obidiant pup, the fox tilted its head slightly to stare its bright green eyes into the shining emeralds beheld in Shalome's own. Suddenly the fur quivered and the fox grew rapidly, the red changing to a soft milky skin color and the form of the small beast shifted into the fully fledged shape of a tall elven warrior. His long blonde hair hung moist and sweaty over his face, while his bare chest pulsed with frantic breath. He kept his composure, too much has he returned to his lady broken and battered, this time he would stand proud. His chest glistened with sweat and blood from the newly open wounds. Shivering, Nevon Greenleaf bent over to pull his undergarments onto his waiste and his pants as well. Trying hard not to look into the lady's soft eyes, Nevon ripped his tunic and tied a tight band around his chest, momentarily dressing his painful wounds.

Standing straight again, he looked to where the lady, Shalome stood, but not into her eyes. Keeping his head low, he spoke slowly and distantly.

They've taken her to a dark village, the birds speak truth. I've tried hard to save her, but they captured me...tortured me in so many ways. They're as bad as orcs in their malevolence, but as strong and horrid as a dragon. They're beasts. I cannot define what they are, but they're grotesque monsters. They bare tusks and have large hideous snouts as well as a lion's mane. They're bodies are as large as a troll's and are much smarter.

She needs saving, but I cannot go back alone. I was barely able to escape, and I've slain only two of these monsters. I need the help of the shapeshifters. She's like a daughter to us, and they're going to sacrifice her for some blasphemous ritual just for what she is.

...Is there anyone willing to fight with me?

##------->Nevon Greenleaf
Son_of_Legolas
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:52 pm

As he spoke, Shalome's heart began to quiver and her violet eyes filled with tears. She steped forward and gently embraced him, his wounds healing and his breathing slowing. Forgiveness and grief flowed from her in waves and her eyes pleaded as he asked the shapeshifters to help them.
"Please! Tiel is a mere child, and a shapeshifter also, who has not come to her full power."
Nevon's arm came up to encercle her slim waist, but a thought suddenly occured to her and she pulled away to look him in the eye.
"Her time must be come! I must be near her to help her shift. If she shifts, we might be able to get her out."
She gracefully raised her arms and the woman shrank into a white dove that fluttered a moment before landing on Nevon's shoulder.
"Tell them that the birds will lead us and I will try to fly into their fortress to find her."
He heard her voice in his head, though the dove cooed gently in his ear.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Son_of_Legolas » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:13 pm

Nodding his head in a sense of duty, Nevon raised his eyes to where the shapeshifters would be gathering and raised his voice in anouncement.

Here me, all Shapeshifters of the Fire Glade and beyond. All those who wish for adventure, or are merely bound by fate to join us, do so now. We set off tonight to save Tiel, who may one day be the most powerful Shapeshifter known to our kind. It is tonight that we show what we are trully made of.

Join us.

Turn his back to the Glade, Nevon shrugged his shoulder and the white dove shot off into the dark. Now, Nevon thought, the Shapeshifter's journey begins. He took one step and began to follow the dove into the shadows of the forest.
Son_of_Legolas
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:34 pm

Shalome flew through the night, her wings pounding till she feared she would never make it. She was exausted, but something kept her going-it drove her on. Every stroke of her feathers seamed to whisper, "Tiel! Tiel! Tiel!" Shalome was exausted and she neverlooked behind her to see if any followed, she simply went the way her feathered friends told her to. Suddenly the fortress loomed up before her and she barely had the strength to dodge to the side, avoiding the stone wall and fluttering through a window. She hit the floor none too gently where she stayed, panting. Her feathered chest heaved up and down, her entire body aching.
Tiny hands lifted her in the air and she heard the mixed sound of chains clinking and sad, child-like sniffles, as if someone had been crying. She opened one beady eye and saw her little Tiel cradling her and she closed her eyes again, just trying to breathe.

"You poor bird. You remind me of my friend. She can turn into a white dove like you. I wish she was here now to save me. I'm so sorry I got mad an ran away."
Shalome smiled inwardly, then thought spoke to the girl. "It is I, Little One. I amtired and out of breath, but if you will put me on floor, I will change back and save you."
With a gasp, the little girl did as she had been told and with much effort, Shalome's form grew from the little bird, to that of a woman. She rose and embraced the little girl close to her heart.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby OlorinWhite » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:12 pm

The ground shakes as another beast comes to join the circle. He is four-legged, covered in shaggy fur, and near in size to the elephant. His paws are armed with long, sharp claws. Small but wise eyes peer from either side of his large head. He opens his mouth to rumble in greeting, and a long tongue waggles from it. Slowly, ponderously, the ground sloth brings himself to a sitting pose, and stares around the ring at his fellow noble beasts.

Hello, I would like to join the Shapeshifters, and though I have several other forms that I enjoy, I have chosen to manifest as my preferred archetype: The Giant Ground Sloth. And so I rumble from the depths of my broad chest in hopes of making friends among the smaller and greater in the animal kingdom.
OlorinWhite
Citizen of Imladris

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth