QUILTERS AND CROSS STITCHERS GUILD- We'll keep you in Stitches;)

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby truehobbit » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:44 pm

SilverScribe wrote:hobby, he's ADORABLE. :) And the French Knot snowflakes are definitely a very, very nice finishing touch, I love the result.

Thanks, scribbles, I think so, too! :D Got the pattern in a magazine I bought three years ago in Glasgow on the way back from a moot. :D
I love the cuteness, and I agree that some nice, big snowflakes are just the thing to give it the cosy, winterly look. :)

I did leave out a lot of backstitch, though. :D I don't like outlining everything with backstitch - makes it look too much like a line-drawing and even on the model photo is usually untidy, too, so I just do the bits that are really necessary in order to clear up outlines and details. :)

The linen cloth really makes it look so much softer, I think that was a better choice than a stiffer Aida type cloth. :)

Yes, I don't use Aida much when I get to choose, but kits usually come with it. It's always strange to change from cloth to aida and back, I think.

I bought a large piece of the cloth I used here many years ago, and it's almost up now - I wish I remembered what it was called. I guess it's what you'd call an evenweave fabric in English? I'll have to just check at the department store if they still have something similar. It's not pure linen, I'm sure it has a large cotton component.

As for the mitred corners, yes, you do the bit for the corner first, then turn right side out to sew the rest of the hem. For the example they show, the hem is so wide that some folks will only tack it, since a machine stitch would be quite a way up from the edge.

But for my sister's runner, the hem was a "fine hem", i.e. under a half inch wide, so the machine stitching finished it off much more nicely.

I just thought it would be harder to do the hem once the corners are done...maybe I'm still not getting something. I'll just have to try it out and see for myself, I guess. :D

So, what are you doing next?

There's a kit from the "All Our Yesterdays" series that I started last summer and might finish now. :) I stopped working at it later in the year, when the design began to feel too little in agreement with the season. ;)
It's not too much left to do there, though, and I have a number of kits waiting that I'd love to start, too. (Resulting from two sales at "sewandso.com" in the past couple of years - no fair! We were tempted, precioussss! ;) :D )
Still, it might feel too summerly yet. :)

So, I might also pick up a major project I've been working at off and on for five years now, which is just a border ornament for pillow, really, but because of the cloth I chose it has teeny-tiny crosses, the pattern is pretty irregular and uses only three colours, one of which is a gold metallic thread - so you need to concentrate very hard, pay attention with the metal floss, and be patient with its being pretty much the same all the time. I like the look of it and am proud of how tiny it is, but after doing an inch or so of it, I seem to tire of the work for a while again.

Or I might do some knitting for a change, as long as it's winterly enough to make me feel like it. :D
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:11 pm

truehobbit wrote:I bought a large piece of the cloth I used here many years ago, and it's almost up now - I wish I remembered what it was called. I guess it's what you'd call an evenweave fabric in English? I'll have to just check at the department store if they still have something similar. It's not pure linen, I'm sure it has a large cotton component.

Yes, I believe it's called evenweave. Several of the craft stores here sell it, it's finer and softer than the hardanger. Of course, it could also be Lugana Zweigart fabric, which is a nice, fine, evenly woven material as well . . .

After stitching on the 22 ct. hardanger, I'm having a hard time with the 18 ct. Aida cloth in the kit I'm doing now too. But this particular design has no quarter stitches, so it'll be fine. I've vowed never to use anything but 22ct hardanger or similar cloth for any pattern that has quarter stitches. They're just so much cleaner when you're working over four squares to a stitch . . . ;)

And I agree with you about the backstitching. It's often one of those things where less is more . . . ;):D

:D:D:D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby truehobbit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 am

SilverScribe wrote:
After stitching on the 22 ct. hardanger, I'm having a hard time with the 18 ct. Aida cloth in the kit I'm doing now too. But this particular design has no quarter stitches, so it'll be fine. I've vowed never to use anything but 22ct hardanger or similar cloth for any pattern that has quarter stitches. They're just so much cleaner when you're working over four squares to a stitch . . . ;)

I'm afraid you've lost me here a bit. I googled but couldn't find a fabric named 'hardanger'. Over here, hardanger is a type of needlework (and one I've been wanting to try, too, for ages :D )

But I know what you mean - I don't think I've had to try quarter stitches on Aida yet, doesn't really seem possible on fabrics where you don't skip a hole.

As we don't do inches here, we also don't count squares per inch :P - but with using British kits, I get a bit of an idea of the sizes. :)
I've checked my "All Our Yesterdays" kit, it says 16ct, resp. 6 per cm.
The crosses end up the same size as the ones of my Forever-Friends Christmas Teddy (the fabric for the bear was 12 holes per centimetre, i.e. 6 crosses per centimetre - making it, dunno, 32 threads per inch?) - but the kit feels so much easier to stitch, because the holes are so clearly visible and you just use each one, so you don't have to focus on getting the right one. :D
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby truehobbit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 am

Eep, dp! :oops:
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:32 pm

truehobbit wrote:I'm afraid you've lost me here a bit. I googled but couldn't find a fabric named 'hardanger'. Over here, hardanger is a type of needlework (and one I've been wanting to try, too, for ages :D )

You're closer than you think . . . ;) Actually, the cloth IS named for the Hardanger embroidery, since it's one of the favoured cloths for it . . . here's a site that has a tiny bit of information on the cloth (as well as a ton of other good stuff ;) ). 22ct Hardanger, when used 2-linear-blocks to a stitch, is the equivalent of 11ct Aida, but as you said about linens, using all the holes instead of having to punch into the centre of a block, is much, much nicer. I love the stuff.

I haven't stitched on the really fine evenweave or linen fabrics yet. Most of the designs I have for them are HUGE and very complex, so I just haven't been able to leap into something that I figure will take me 10 years to do, LOLOL.

Although, I'm pretty sure that Celestial Dragon is going to take me near 5 . . . :shock:

I use metric measurements my ownself, even though I was raised with Imperial feet and inches until hmmmm, Grade 7 or so? But once we switched to metric, I was in heaven. EVERYTHING is more accurate, millimeters and centimeters are far better for woodworking, sewing, stitchery, just about anything 'crafty' you can think of.

Still trying to get the hang of mls, grams and kilos for cooking though. Those old cups, tablespoons and teaspoons are an old habit that is dying very hard, LOL.

SilverScribe

Postby Lithtaur16 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:13 pm

truehobbit wrote:I bought a large piece of the cloth I used here many years ago, and it's almost up now - I wish I remembered what it was called. I guess it's what you'd call an evenweave fabric in English? I'll have to just check at the department store if they still have something similar. It's not pure linen, I'm sure it has a large cotton component.

Monaco maybe? :) Can't really tell the difference between it and the evenweave I use though.

I love using the high count evenweaves for patterns with or without quarter stitches. I gives me options for making big patterns (over two strands) or fine little ornaments (over 1 strand). I'm using 28ct over one to stitch some caribou for a Northwest art quilt that will be done... when I'm sixty... maybe... if I'm not blind... :whistle: :lol:
I will try to post a pic up soon.

What I dislike about going over one is that it's near impossible to undo a mistake without cutting the floss out. That's why I only use 32ct for over two thread patterns. Can you imagine the mess fraying or a knot made by twisting could make? And there's no slipping the needle under the stitches to finish on 28ct or 32ct. You have to tie it off and risk the finished piece being bumpy.

Scribbles- Can you wait at least two weeks to start the TW? :wink: I have to get mum to send the pattern from home and get done with classes too but I'm on holiday starting March 12 and we could start it together like we were thinking about a while ago. :)
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Lithtaur16 wrote:Scribbles- Can you wait at least two weeks to start the TW? :wink: I have to get mum to send the pattern from home and get done with classes too but I'm on holiday starting March 12 and we could start it together like we were thinking about a while ago. :)

The TW?? *is clueless*

AH!! You must mean 'Teresa Wentzler' . . . the Celestial Dragon, right? LOL. Sure darlin', I can wait as long as you like. I'm thinking of adjusting the pattern (at the corners) and that will take me more than just a few days anyway . .. ;) (I've started the Fords of Isen one and am planning to find some pewter 22 ct evenweave or hardanger for the Eagle picture, so it's not like I have nothing to work on . . . ):D:D:D

Just let me know when you're all set and ready to go. I think it would be a lot of fun to work the design together, we can share all our triumphs and warn each other of potential pitfalls too! ;)

SilverScribe

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:10 pm

Well, Lith and I have commenced on our "Celestial Dragon" journey.

First of all, I have to say . . . :shock: :shock:

Man, is this pattern a challenge, there are many, many, many colours and many, many, many quarter stitches and many, many, many places where it's a stitch here, a stitch there, then ACK! Switch colour!!

I've only done three little bits, and I've had to tear two out and re-do them already. :roll:

This does not bode well . . . :blush: I think my 5-year estimate just might increase by at least half that again . . . LOL.

SilverScribe

Postby Lithtaur16 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:44 pm

:) I had to go through the list of blended flosses and simplify it so I got all the colors I needed when I went shopping.
It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. I've never done a pattern that consisted almost entirely of blended flosses.
I have to finish a charity pattern tonight and then I'll make a start and post a pic of where I am. :) The poor girl I'm stitching for has been waiting for three or four months on this ornament. :oops: :( Gah! for school and work. :x She didn't make it any easier by choosing the writing on it to be all in metallics, of course. Stuff frays like a bandit! :roll:
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Ooohhh, I thought you had already started Lith!

No worries though, after SIX hours, * this * is all I have done . . . LOL.

Of course, part of that time was spent in three different floss blendings :shock: and it also didn't help that I ended up a HALF STITCH out right from the get go, so I had to rip out two sections right away . . . *sigh* Now that I have a bit of a base though, it might be a teeeeeny bit easier. Yeah, right. :roll:

And you know, it's not the blended colours that I find daunting. It's the sheer number of quarter stitches, coupled with the fact that there's not really a lot of large patches that are one colour (or blend). The colours are all over the map!

In fact, I've made one change already. Between 472 and 3348 there is such an incredibly small shade difference that I just used the one colour (472). No human eye is going to pick out the difference between "lt yellow green" and "vy lt yellow green" in that huge jumble of blended colour, LOL.

I'm very interested to see how you start and where you start too! I'm so looking forward to sharing pictures and progress with you on this project. :)

And I agree, I LOATHE metallics, exactly because they fray like crazy. I usually use much shorter floss lengths, it helps a little bit . . . ;)

Edited to Add:

I finally got a chance to take some pics of the nifty carry case I found a few weeks back . . . sorry about the lousy pics, this one is very bad since the flash on my camera decided to kaff . . . :roll: Ah well, hopefully, you can get the idea . . .

SilverScribe

Postby truehobbit » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:20 pm

With both of you already starting making changes, it'll be really interesting how different the finished products will look. :D

Thanks for the first pic, Scribbles - I wonder if you could do a closer one? I'm having trouble picturing the "blended flosses" - does that mean you need one strand of one colour and another of another colour? I've had that in once design once, but it was quite a visible effect.
I wonder what's the use of doing this a lot, when you have a lot of very similar colours.

It does look like the colours are pretty much all over the place.
And are you marking the bits you've already done? :shock:

I finished the "All our Yesterdays" design I started last summer - it's called "Best Pals" and is now a companion piece to this little girl which I did six or seven years ago and which is one of the first bigger designs I finished since getting more seriously into cross-stitch. :)
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 pm

truehobbit wrote:Thanks for the first pic, Scribbles - I wonder if you could do a closer one? I'm having trouble picturing the "blended flosses" - does that mean you need one strand of one colour and another of another colour? I've had that in once design once, but it was quite a visible effect.

I'll try, but since I suck huge at taking pictures, the results may not be great. ;) And yes, the "blended" colours are a single strand each of two different colours. Some also have a single metallic blending thread added, which I think will make the picture shimmer very nicely when it's done. :D

I wonder what's the use of doing this a lot, when you have a lot of very similar colours.

I wonder this myself. The best I can figure is that the creator of the picture did this to create the very subtle "shadings" in the dragon's body etc. I don't think it'll be obvious close up (i.e. while stitching), but stepping back from the picture will make these shadings appear. *shrugs* That's my theory for now, anyway, LOL. :)

And yes, the hot pink on the paper pattern denotes the stitches I've done. :)

Those pictures are wonderful hobby! Will you be putting up a picture of your finished "All our Yesterdays" design?

SilverScribe

Postby truehobbit » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 am

Ah, I see - I can imagine when blended with a metallic thread, it'll be a nice shiny effect, without being all metal. :D

Will you be putting up a picture of your finished "All our Yesterdays" design?

Ooh, sorry about the confusion - it's just those two. :D The newly finished one is the boy with the puppy - it's called "Best Pals".
The girl with the bicycle is the one I did some years ago. :)
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 pm

Ah, no apologies necessary! I think it was me who wasn't paying attention, LOL . . . I read "companion piece" but my brain just didn't register it . . . :blush:

I really need more than 6 hours of sleep a night . . . sheesh.

eyes the clock . . .

Which means it's about my bed-time . . . ;)

stumbles off . . .

SilverScribe

Re: QUILTERS AND CROSS STITCHERS GUILD- We'll keep you in St

Postby crystal_seed » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 am

Are we to be consigned to the basement? Is this a monster thread that was locked or has it been paddlelocked out of neglect?
CS brushes aside monster cobwebs and watches the dust bunnies roll by like tumbleweeds. She looks into the corner and marches quickly to the cupboard, retrieves a broom and dustpan and begins to sweep...
*sigh* :cry2:

I'm back :D Did'ja miss me??? :wink:

In keeping with the thread and because I actually did a project this summer in collaboration with my daughter which involved cross stitching and some rings... if I can link it you can see it ... uh this will take a few minutes of refiguring how to do this again... :? :roll:
pillow created and appliqued by my daughter and

my contribution on 32 count aida white
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 am

Wow, that is so gorgeous, Crys! I bet it was fun and special to collaborate with your daughter.

Not a cross-stitcher myself, so my contribution will remain limited to cheers and drooling over other peoples' work, I fear. But I do hope you have a spare comfy chair somewhere in a corner of your guild that I'm allowed to claim. ;) Oh and I can help you with that sweeping too, of course. :D
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby crystal_seed » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:32 am

Kaya!!! :hug: Oh yes, there are LOTS of comfy chairs,take your pick! And a Nespresso machine, hot water cooker, and calorieless chocolates and dainty cakes- that are also crumbless and don't melt on your fingers so no one has to worry about weight gain or messing up their work with smudges ;) We love having visiters :D
Thanks for the compliment. It was fun, though taxing on my poor eyes. Can't do this work anymore without a magnifying lamp. *sigh* :roll:

Kaya wrote: Oh and I can help you with that sweeping too, of course. :D

Hands Kaya a dustpan and the broom, and a towel for the drool :wink: :)

Do you do windows btw? :P :D :D

P.S. Thanks for bumping the thread, I was getting kinda lonely in here :(, ;)
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 am

Nespresso? Cakes? :shock: Do you have rooms also in your guild, I might never leave again. :P ;)

Looks at the broom and dustpan and frowns Well, okay, if you insist. :P Does an excellent job at sweeping (because this is virtual and I can excell at cleaning here at least!), and as a reward claims a foot-rest to recover in one of the comfy chairs, with a view on the outside world, not too far from the fire place and with a book in hand. And coffee and cake. :whistle:

I'd never let you get lonely! Take a seat pats a close by chair and have a much deserved rest. :)
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

A Tale or Two

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby crystal_seed » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Kaya- :hug:
:D
:rofl:
My dear, you know me, and you know how MUCH I love to share housework :D Need I remind you what I had you doing on your first visit to my RL abode :D

Crys takes a seat next to Kaya- picks up a book,.... puts it down again and begins a search on her PC.

I think I feel a pattern coming on.... ;)

*oh, and we have free WIFI too, should there be the need for an internet connection :) 8)
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 am

crystal_seed wrote:My dear, you know me, and you know how MUCH I love to share housework :D Need I remind you what I had you doing on your first visit to my RL abode :D

You cracked your whip. :shock: Every other memory during that visit was drowned in paint fumes. :P

crystal_seed wrote:I think I feel a pattern coming on.... ;)

:rofl:

Picks UT back up to do some more research on dwarves.

Almost weekend. Almost... 8)

A Tale or Two

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Parador~J » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm

***grabs another broom and dust cloth...and then passes quickly along the table of treats with a fly by grabbing of goodies***

I'm pretty good at doing that :lol:

:hihi: Welcome back Crystal Seed!!! :hug:

Kaya!! :hug: Great to see you :)

The Mother, Daughter project is just beautiful, Crys :D

I love cross stitching AND quilting :)

I'm working on a cross stitch right now for sister's birthday...I'll take a pic of it and post it...

And I'm very happy to announce...I now have a Quilting Frame! My brother found it at a garage sale...brand new! It's a really nice frame...I'll take a pic and post it too :lol:

I'm sure glad this thread is back up :D
Mithril Knights Warriors Guild
~Mithril Knight of Lore
~Mithril Knight / Knight Marshall

~Bearer of the Sun Ring of ~Anar~ - The Spirit of Endurance ^~^'Fëavoronwie'^~^
A Writer's Quest
Where Writer's Learn
The Writer Magazine
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Bardhwyn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Just popping in to say 'HI' and I've taken up cross stitching again - aided by my thorough flat reorganization of late. I have all my stitching and knitting things in one place, easily accessible and I've also found all my old patterns and finished pieces. It's difficult locating mounting board here in Cambridge; I have to buy it through Amazon but when I do get the pieces mounted, I'll take pictures and put them up here.

I have an idea for projects - well, once I buy the pattern maker software for my Mac - Tolkien's Smaug, which should translate very nicely to cross stitch and I think I'll make another Dale panel (with a few changes - I will point the arrow UP) because I've always wanted one for myself!

I think I still have the pattern... somewhere.
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby crystal_seed » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:25 am

Oh JOY!!!
Two long lost (okay- I should speak for myself, having been absent for about 6 years... :whistle: ) cross-stitchers returned from their ME journeying to bless our hallowed halls once more :D

Welcomes back to you Parador~J and Bardy :hug: :happydance:
Tis wonderful to hear merry voices in here again :)

I can't wait to see what y'all are working on. The Daughter-Mother (I say this because my daughter suggested it and actually did it for a school sewing project as well as bestowing it upon her cousin) was fun, stressful (trying to get things done on time for school and wedding) and a bit tiresome on the eyes and old body.
I cannot stitch as I once used to but still have projects that need to be finished- including my son's birth announcement... :oops: (really embarrassed about that one- he's already a teenager :P ) and a set of christmas stockings, among other things I'm working on.
These days I have to take out the old magnifying lamp and find a comfy chair. But having said this and told y'all about it- and hearing about your projects- I intend to get these things done! Yes, this is my goal.

Crys wanders over to her sewing basket and sees things are covered under inches of dust and embedded with dust bunnies and all sorts of flotsam and jetsam :oops:
tsk tsk.... Now this won't do at ALL!! :nono:
She wanders over to the closet and removes the Hoover, plugs it into the central vaccuum port and is oh so careful not to suck anything up that she might need, whilst eliminating the aforementioned untidiness.
:wink:
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby Lithtaur16 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Shakes the dust off her head stares around a little owl-eyed

I'm really glad to see y'all are still here! :D Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby Parador~J » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey-ya, Lithtaur! :D Welcome back...hope you had a nice Christmas and a great New Year :thumbsup:

Here's the cross-stitch I'm working on...it's for my sister: Image

I'll take a pic of my new Quilting frame and post it :D
Mithril Knights Warriors Guild
~Mithril Knight of Lore
~Mithril Knight / Knight Marshall

~Bearer of the Sun Ring of ~Anar~ - The Spirit of Endurance ^~^'Fëavoronwie'^~^
A Writer's Quest
Where Writer's Learn
The Writer Magazine
Parador~J
Spirit of Endurance

Postby Kaya » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:07 am

Lith?!! :shock: So good to see you posting! And a Merry Christmas and verry happy 2013 to you as well. :)

Parador, that's quite the project you have going there! :Q :D

Sorry, not much else to add. :oops: Besides the fact I'm picking up my knitting needles again, which is fun in this season. It's snowing quite hard - happy I don't have to go anywhere today. :D

looks at Crys hoovering You missed a spot. :P

A Tale or Two

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby crystal_seed » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Yeah! Lithy and Parador~J

Lovely to see you both here (though you've been here probably before I was... last, uh... nevermind ;) ) :roll:

P~J- That Birdhouse pattern looks very pretty. I bet your sister loved it!

Lithy- are you working on anything at the moment?

Kaya- .... :P Crys vacuums under Kaya's feet, making her hold them up for a while.... 'Good for the abs, right !' =:)
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby Canamarth » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 am

wonders if SilverScribe and Lithtaur have made progress on their dragons ;)

I made some progress on my Flower Fairies - designs inspired by Sir Walter Crane. I mentioned one of them earlier in the thread somehwere ... I finished all three and even managed to put them in matching frames. They're off at an exhibition but as soon as they return, I'll post a picture.

And hey to my fellow Daler Bardhwyn. :hihi: I also managed to get organised in that area after our move into the new house. :D
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby Teltasarewen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:12 am

Wanders in after seeing this guild and remembering all the furious cross stitching that went on for the quilt that was made oh so many years ago. Ah the good old days.

Hi crystal_seed, Scribbles and all you lovely cross stitchers out there. Still working hard on projects? I know I am working on a rather large but very colourful dragon. Keeping those fingers nimble with all the colour changes. :hihi:

Canamarth hope to see those pictures of your work. Looking forward to it. :)
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Lithtaur16 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 am

:) Hi y'all!
Nothing on the dragon yet. My sis is having a baby soon so it's been projects related to that. One cross-stitch and a quilt. Speaking of which, I'm great at piecing squares together but everything I've ever done has finished as a pillow. Do you bind off the project and then quilt it or vice versa? I've been trying to finish a Christmas table runner for a year too, it's pinned around the edges and ready for finishing but I'm nervous. I want to hand stitch everything because I hate the sewing machine but it almost would seem easier to do this part on a machine... :(
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth