"AN YE HARM NONE DO WHAT YE WILL" guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Dubatuluk » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:34 pm

I don't conform to anyones' set idea of Christian, because it is a man-made religion, and most of the belief system (to me, no offense intended here) is a bunch of crap because it is set on human ideals. 2000 years of human "ideals" to be exact. I found this site, and have posted it in other boards, www.blessedquietness.com , this was while I was looking for Mardi Gras info for a newsletter believe it or not... The ignorance of these people astounds me. yeesh!
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:09 pm

I wrote this poem, initially started on a trip with my father, when I wanted to escape from him for a while. It grew and has now become part of my Invoking of Spirits. (bear in mind the meter runs a bit odd at times.)

Two kings together/ Locked ever in strife
One follows the other/ The cycle of life.

The realm of waning/ Is the strength of one
The other builds and waxes/ With each rising of the Sun.

Watching the kings is/ A lady of faces three
Eldest, Youngest Mother/ All these she chooses to be.

Her concern and thought/ Is for each living thing
She brings them life and love/ And joy enough to sing.

From the four corners/ The watchers of the whole
Come angel-creatures/ Travelling form each pole.

Of soil and crystal/ From North and of the turf
Green angels of strength/ Gnome spirits of the earth.

Smokes, steam, mist and cloud/ Eastern realm of flight
Angels yellow of the air/ Sylphs, bearing forth the light.

Fiery flames, burning tongues/ From the South to spread
The salamander kin/ Passionate angels of red.

Churning waves, tide and surf/ Angels hail from the West
Blue spirits of water/ Undines join the rest.

~~~~~~~

(and for Litha/ Yule Sabbats. this poem. Change the appropriate words as needed)

Holly King Oak King/ God twins battle again
From Litha to Yule/ The Holly King wins.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:45 pm

I like it very much. It adds a lot when you put your own words into rituals. And the meter never completely outruns the feet :wink: (Sorry, I'm directing As You Like It right now, and there's an entire discussion on feet and verse and meter that Rosalind and Celia have. Allusions to the play sneak up on me all the time now, as verse is something that stays with you very well when you've heard it a few times).

At any rate, I'm glad to see you here, I hope you passed a pleasant Litha. As for me, having a holiday almost once a month tends to sneak up on me as even coming up on 3 years I have not yet gotten entirely used to this schedule, but if I was a bit unprepared, I did spend it well and in good company.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:06 pm

Orion I really like that! I think the meter is just fine. It gives it something special and adds that personal touch.

I am so busy with work and all that I keep missing out on different times for rituals. I am hoping that my schedule will someday become so common that I can plan for everything else I want to do like celebrating the seasons, equinox and such.

Bright Blessings to you all!
(Sorry I dont get in here much.)
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth