THE KINGDOM OF GONDOR, HOBBITS, ELVES, KNIGHTS, ENTER!!!

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:15 pm

Mine ........... :)

Name: Ecthelion
Race: Man
Height: 6' 1"
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Homeland: Ramsgate
Weapons: Bow and arrow, sword, spear
Abilities: Skilled in healing

............ sorry about height, I was still in hobbit-mode :evil:
Last edited by HobbitArchitect on Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:37 am

Wow its going to be wierd getting use to your new charactor HA. :shock: I'm use to you always being a hobbit. I suppose that wasn't one of the options in this RP though was it?:P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby LMDBrighteyes » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:16 pm

Thanks, Nim :P

Well...if we can all agree on the new RP...I can't wait to get started! :)

*~Namarie~*
*~Brighteyes~*
LMDBrighteyes
Shield Bearer

Postby LMDBrighteyes » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:19 pm

Wow...I thought my post would go right after where Nim last reply to mine was...I must have skipped over 3 posts :P Oh well...

~~*Namarie*~~
**~Brighteyes~**

BTW....wow HA...that's one short man :P :lol:

Oh...and I guess that a hobbit could be a choice...I don't know why not...they could just live w/ the men or they could have their own village...it doesn't matter to me :)
LMDBrighteyes
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:38 am

I've skipped over a few posts before. Its kind of funny when it happens though.:P

*wonders how 6' 1" is short for a man*
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Amrunelen » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:49 pm

So we're starting a new RP in the Kingdom of Gondor that has absolutely nothing to do with the kingdom of Gondor? :? lol. :P

Well, it doesn't really matter to me. Must really find my motivation for RPing again though. :roll: I've become lazy.
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby LMDBrighteyes » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:14 pm

Nim-he must have changed it...it used to say 4' 1" or something like that :P

Am-I know....I wanted to keep the old RP...but with new members, it makes it hard because everything would have to be explained and we'd have to find a way to bring them into the story...and I know this new RP doesn't have anything to do with Gondor...but I don't know what else to do...

Honestly, it doesn't matter what we do...I just want this to be a good RP and more serious than just wierd stories...if you know what I mean :)

I'll check in again soon...

**~Namarie~**
~~*Brighteyes*~~
LMDBrighteyes
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:30 am

Yes Rune get rid of that laziness thats set in.:P It'll be nice to have you in an RP again.:P

Brighteyes: Well that is a short man then.:P

Its funny I didn't think about this RP not being about Gondor. :shock: :rofl:
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:37 pm

Well lets get started.... :)
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:12 am

Finally. Yes I agree. Lets get this RP started.:D So do you have an idea how to start this thread?

I could probably write the first post since Brighteyes seems to have disappeared again but if you want to then go ahead. I was never much good at leading things.:P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:34 pm

Start a new thread or wait for this one to reach 2000?
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:45 pm

Well its 300 posts till this one becomes a monster thread so I say we post here till it reaches 2000. Its not that bad.:D So what do you think?
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:59 pm

There are 3 villages called Wickenshire, Ramsgate, and Averwood. Wickenshire and Ramsgate are controlled by men. The other village is an Elf village ruled by a king and queen. These villages are torn apart, once joined by alliance until one of the Kings who rules Wickenshire attempted to take over Ramsgate. This set apart the kingdoms forever. The Elves didn't want to get involved, so they hid in the Grey Forest (known for it's ability to make evil blind once any evil creature enters its trees).
Back and forth the two villages of men battled to keep their land. Then, one day, the strongest war leader of each village disappeared with no warning and no trace of how it happened. The people and the kings of the villages were utterly confused, and the battling between the two villages ceased. Without these war leaders, the warriors were weak and did not know what to do. Everything became unorganized.
That's when the two kings decided to send out scouts to find the Elves because they needed help. Once the scouts found the Elves, a meeting was called to discuss what happened. People begin to volunteer to help find the land the Elf of Wisdom has told them about. To whom does your loyalty lie?

Wickenshire: ruled by a king and his men. They were the ones who
attempted an attack at their ally, thinking they were weak, but
Ramsgate proved that they weren't going down without a hard
fight...Wickenshire is known for its unusually strong warriors...

Ramsgate: ruled by a king and his men. They defended themselves.
Ramsgate does not have a lot of strong men, but the kingdom
outnumbers Wickenshire by having at least 2,000 more men, making
them strong in numbers against Wickenshire. Ramsgate had a strong
link with the Elves...

CITIZENS:

Wickenshire:

Ramsgate:
Username: HobbitArchitect
Name: Ecthelion
Height: 6' 1"
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Homeland: Ramsgate
Weapons: Bow and arrow, sword, spear
Abilities: Skilled in healing
Personality: rarely speaks unless need
be, likes to work alone. Stubborn, hates
being given orders

Averwood:
Username: LMDBrighteyes
Name: Brighteyes
Height: 5' 11"
Eyes: Silver/Blue
Hair: White/Blonde
Homeland: Averwood
Job/Occupation: Keeper of the Forest
(one of ten)
Horse: Tarha
Weapons: Bow and arrow, sword
(Naeth), 4 daggers
Personality: Trusts only those of
Ramsgate...usually. Doesn't trust
anyone she doesn't know, always
follows direct orders exactly, not the
most aggressive Elf of
Averwood, but one of the most
stubborn, does not hesitate to attack
anyone who enters the forest unknown,
does not make negotiations, likes to
work alone

Username: Nimrodel_89
Name: Daeriel
Height: 5' 9"
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Black
Homeland: Averwood
Horse: Celebraun
Weapons: One sword, and axe,
daggers.
Personality: She acts very young for
her age. She has the tendency to rush
into things. She trusts all she meets or
so it appears. For though she acts
young she has seen many things in her
lifetime and knows every trick there
is. She has somewhat of a mean
attitude twords people except old
friends. No one is really sure of her past
as she doesn't like to talk about it. She
also keeps a dog with her named
Vananimire (or Vana for short.)

Original plot by LMDBrighteyes.
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:52 am

Ok thanks that helps. So do you want to write the first post or shall I?
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby HobbitArchitect » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:12 pm

we still need someone from Wickenshire.... :shock:
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:46 am

Well we could make one of those charactors that everyone shares and carries around. You know one to kind of fill things in. Or I could just bug Rune to come here and maybe get her to make a charactor that is from Wickenshire.

TWT will come here soon to. He says he'll have more time to get on TORC by the end of this month so maybe he'll have a Wickenshire charactor.
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby LMDBrighteyes » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:02 pm

Ok...sorry I haven't been on for so long!! I've been SO busy...but I'm back now...I don't know how often I'll be getting on...

I like the idea of having a fill-in character that we all can play...it's really nice to have....

So...we're posting here...not starting something new...ok...sounds good to me...I'll start off if no one else does...but Nim's right...we need someone from Wickenshire...so...here's the drifter:

Homeland: Wickenshire
Name: Acton
Height: 5' 10"
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Sandy Blonde
Weapons: Sword, 2 knives
Horse: Tareth (brown and white)
Personal: Very aggressive, dislikes those of Ramsgate, has a distaste for Elves (doesn't trust them), would risk his own life for any friend

OK...if anyone wants to add anything to that...be my guest...it's everyone's character...

I'll try to post later...

~*~Namarie~*~
*~*Brighteyes*~*
LMDBrighteyes
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:52 pm

Hey Brighteyes! Good to see you hear again. :D

I have to say I love your fill in charactor. He's simple and that gives everyone a chance to kind of develope him in thier own way. I especially like how simple and easy his name is. :P Very nice for remembering it. :P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby LMDBrighteyes » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:04 pm

Good! I'm glad the character name's easy to remember :)

Well...are we going to kick off? If no one posts in a few days, I'll start it off.

So...our characters...we don't have very many do we?

Acton
Brighteyes
Ecthelion
Daeriel

That's not it is it???? :shock: I hope not....

I'll check back in after a few days :)

**Namarie**
~~Brighteyes~~
LMDBrighteyes
Shield Bearer

Postby Amrunelen » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:46 pm

I'll join in, but if this RP turns into anything like the Riders of Rohan thread with somewhere around 5 posts or more a day and long ones at that, I'm running away. :shock: Everytime I went back to that one, I seemed to have a page or more to read. :P And being in various RPs in the Prancing Pony is enough like that for me. :P
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:59 pm

I agree with Rune. If it starts turning out like that I'm heading for the hills. :shock: But I don't think it will so I'll stick around for a long long time. :D I don't even go to the PP because it was just to tough.
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby legolas_is_mineOB » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:32 pm

Oh good! People here I know!

Here's an RP idea for yeh! See the Hobbit Alliance, we are marching on the Mordor Thread and request the allegiance of Gondor. Any posters or RP armies you have to offer would be appreciated. [If you'd like to read what we're doing, go ahead. I trust you aren't spies?...;)]

We are raising forces so we can challenge the Dark Tower. Are you with us?

[Note that this is in the most polite sense of fun, we are just kind of bored with our RP of fake orcs and marching on a real opposing thread would be really fun. But we need to prepare!]

Thanks...

--Lim
legolas_is_mineOB
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:13 pm

Well Lim its mostly me in here and I'm already in that alliance. :P I suppose Rune might want to join in but I think brighteyes is more for the serious RP. :P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby legolas_is_mineOB » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:23 pm

Well no matter now as we're not completely ready for anything anyway.

Oh good, I like Rune. She has my name :)

;) FURTHER BULLETINS AS EVENTS WARRANT!

--Lim
legolas_is_mineOB
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:04 am

Yeah I saw that we weren't ready. Still lots of preperations and everything. :|

Rune has your name? :? But.... I thought you were Lim. :P

We'll await your bulletins! :D
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby LMDBrighteyes » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:25 pm

Ok...get off the subject? :P

Well...nobody's started ANYTHING and I don't have ANY ideas of how to start it!! Oh well...this may take some time...I promise that as soon as I get an idea it'll be on here before I can finish my thought! :lol:

I'll check in later

*~*Namarie*~*
~*~Brighteyes~*~
LMDBrighteyes
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:25 pm

I think I have an idea. I don't have much time to post it tonight and I'm very tired so it would probably sound all funky anyways if I did it now. I'll do it tommorow for sure though. :D
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:23 pm

ooc: Well as promised I'm back to try and get the RP going. I see no one else has come though. :roll: Well I was never one for leading but I'll give it a shot. :shock:

Daeriel rode along beside Brighteyes. They had left as soon as they had gotten the news. Scouts had come to ask for thier aid. The war between the kingdoms had stopped and two warriors were missing. Daeriel wasn't really sure of much more then that. She paid little attention to the happenings of men. They would all pass out of this world one way or another. But she had been excited to go on another quest. It felt an eternity since she had last rode on Celebraun to somewhere outside of Averwood.

She smiled happily. The air smelt fresh and the sun was shining. Vana trotted along beside Celebraun dashing after a rabbit no and again. Brighteyes was silent next to her. Daeriel knew that she did not want to go talk with the men as she did not trust them. She was under orders though and so Daeriel knew that she wouldn't back down.

The scouts rode behind them. Two from Weckenshire and Two from Ramsgate. They muttered together and often looked in amazement at the two elf maidens. Daeriel didn't pay any attention to them though. She wasn't even sure of thier names. Brighteyes was quite concerned with them on the other hand.

"I don't much like these scouts rididng behind us. Are we sure that we can trust them? I mean, don't you find it odd that through all these years the men never tried to find us and now they are flocking twords us asking us to go on some journey to thier land for a council?" She said in a low voice so that the men could not hear what she was saying.

"You worry to much Brighteyes. They had good reason to come and get us. The war has stopped for the time being and I should think that you would be happy that they're working together. Besides its not much further before we arrive there. If they planned on attacking us I doubt that they would send two young and more then likely inexperienced soilders to come summon us. You should enjoy yourself. The sun has come out and I haven't seen her in so long it seems."

Brighteyes grunted and stared ahead. Daeriel knew that she was straining her ears to hear what the men were whispering about. Daeriel was focused now on the wall ahead of them. It was only ten miles ahead now. It was made of stone and built very high. Deariel couldn't help but feel impressed by the craftsmenship. She saw high above guards standing staring out through small windows. They fitted thier arrows as they slowly came closer. Daeriel's smile faded and she watched them closely. She had not completely let down her guard.

The guardsmen however did not shoot. When they finally reached the gate one of the men rode ahead and greeted them. "Hail gaurdians of the gate of Wickenshire. I come with the elves and the Ramsgate scout. I am Acton of the Wickenshire guard." The gaurdsmen lowered thier arrows and disappeared for a while. Daeriel heard them shouting orders to someone within the wall. Brighteyes fidgeted in her saddle but Daeriel remained still.

The gate slowly creeked open as it took many men to open it. A clear paved road went straight out in front of them. Daeriel looked quite unimpressed up at the castle up on a hill. It looked more like a ruin to her then a kingdom. She had expected a beautifully built city from the appearance of the gate but obviously they had worked harder on thier defences then anything else.

The city seemed almost like a ghost town as they rode through. There was no one out of thier houses and a dead silence surrounded them. "Well, this should be fun." Said Daeriel as she looked ahead once again.

ooc: There I hope thats ok. :| I tried at least.
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby LMDBrighteyes » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:45 am

Excellent! I'm glad someone started us off! :D I'll try to follow up a bit...I'm not sure who the man is from Ramsgate, but I'm going to drag HA into this :lol: :

Brighteyes looked on at the crumbling castle and wondered what sort of king dwelled in such a place. This is why I don't trust men...she thought to herself. The thought of working with any man was so defying to her, that she couldn't believe she was put on this quest.

Brighteyes looked over at Daeriel, who sat upright and motionless. Brighteyes wasn't fooled, though. She knew that at this moment thousands upon thousands of thoughts were passing through her mind. Daeriel was quite older than Brighteyes, so Brighteyes knew that Daeriel was wiser to men, and that's why Brighteyes was always so apprehensive around them. Yet still, Brighteyes managed to keep her face emotionless as she tightened her lips, and loosened her grip on Tarha's reins. Knowing that the look of confidence was vital, and any sign of weakness could destroy her.

"Why'd they send two she-elves to attend the meeting? Are there no men?" Acton, the Wickenshire soldier asked, attempting to taunt Daeriel and Brighteyes.

Brighteyes knew this question would occur sooner or later. It was quite odd that the king of Averwood would send two women to take on this task instead of sending two well-proven men.

"In our kingdom, a man is just as good as a woman. We do not lower a woman's rank by keeping her at the house and only looking after the children and house keeping. Unlike men, Elves have a respect for everyone," Brighteyes replied calmly, knowing that this Acton was young and very foolish at his age. She also made note that Acton was from Wickenshire, a kingdom too proud for a kingdom so naive.

ooc: I was going to keep typing, but I looked back at it, and I didn't want people to run away due to long posts :wink: I'll check in later.

~*Namarie*~
*~Brighteyes~*
LMDBrighteyes
Shield Bearer

Postby Dragonking » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:33 am

WHOA!!!!!!!! this place is DEAD!!!!!....holy cow, i am in shock right now. Everyone get your butts back in here and lets do some rping for old times sake!!!!!!!

~<*>~Echthain~<*>~

P.S. HA...."Echtelion" is a little close to "Echthain" dontcha think? :wink:
Dragonking
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth