The KL/LK Guild IV

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby PrincessMelika » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:52 am

By the by, am I the only one that sees html coding when the 'reply' button is hit?

Oyarsa: *brandishes a copy of Grangier's Index of Poetry but hesitates throwing it simply because she hates to see a book's spine ruined needlessly.* You got off easy, Oy. :P Rack yourself up for another point. 5 reference librarians helping me search and still NO POEM! :x "Woman" by S. R. Storm is my guess, and I know I'm wrong. :P

Ok, here's mine.

I'll give thee, good fellow, a twelvemonth or twain,
To search Europe through, from Byzantium to Spain;
But ne'er shall you find, should you search till you tire,
So happy a man as the Barefooted Friar.

Your knight for his lady pricks forth in career,
And is brought home at even-song prick'd through with a spear;
I confess him in haste---for his lady desires
No comfort on earth save the Barefooted Friar's.

Your monarch?---Pshaw! many a prince has been known
To barter his robes for our cowl and our gown,
But which of us e'er felt the idle desire
To exchange for a crown the grey hood of a Friar!

The Friar has walk'd out, and where'er he has gone,
The land and its fatness is mark'd for his own;
He can roam where he lists, he can stop when he tires,
For every man's house is the Barefooted Friar's.

He's expected at noon, and no wight till he comes
May profane the great chair, or the porridge of plums
For the best of the cheer, and the seat by the fire,
Is the undenied right of the Barefooted Friar.

He's expected at night, and the pasty's made hot,
They broach the brown ale, and they fill the black pot,
And the goodwife would wish the goodman in the mire,
Ere he lack'd a soft pillow, the Barefooted Friar.

Long flourish the sandal, the cord, and the cope,
The dread of the devil and trust of the Pope;
For to gather life's roses, unscathed by the briar,
Is granted alone to the Barefooted Friar.

Viel gluck, old friend. :)

*raises eyebrow* Eh, at the moment, the reasoning behind that decision goes under the heading of 'job security'. I won't know for another 11-12 days what will happen.
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby Oyarsa » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:12 pm

*quirks eyebrow* My, my, Meli m’dear, what is it with you and throwing things today. :P I never would have placed you in the category of those of the inane and manner less who would even think to treat a book so poorly. For shame. :P ;)

Furthermore, usually the games follow the path of each opponent posing a question, and when it has been answered successfully, then one can pose another query. You still have yet to offer the answer to my last poem. *shakes head* …And you call yourself an English major. ;) Mayhap you should, for obvious reasons, rethink challenging your betters of the AMMM to a trivia contest, for ‘tis apparent that you are not up for the challenge. =:)

The answer to your query:

The Barefooted Friar by Sir Walter Scott. As this is more of a ballad, I believe Edward James Loder put the words to song.

8)
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Boromir209 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:51 pm

Boo! Just thought I'd stop in here see...nothing in particular and then turn around and walk right on back out

Sound good ok, I'm off to it then
Boromir209
Boromir209
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:42 pm

*pokes Borry as he's walking out* What caused you to wander in here? :shock:

Still guessing at the poems in here, eh? :P
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Boromir209 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:36 pm

*pokes the rune* I have some old friends that post here, or at least used to, if you dont mind i'll now be doing....something...
Boromir209
Boromir209
Ranger of the North

Postby Oyarsa » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:45 pm

*gives Boromir209 a quick hug before he vanishes again* ;)

Welcome back, old friend. :) Goodness, it's been what, a year and two past threads? Glad to see that you are still around.

Take care. :)
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:40 pm

Ok, this post will eventually have Oyarsa's answer to her accursed poem!

(Darksiders are fiends. :P )

In the meantime, I have a proposal for the lady's consideration:

Would she be interested in posting word jumbles, and seeing who could solve them? They work best when a group of people are on at once, that way, people don't have a week or more to locate the answer, but for our purposes, they would work all right even if more than one person was able to get on at a time. :)

Thoughts?
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Muccamukk » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:02 pm

One year, three months, six days, fourteen hours and an uncounted number of minutes had passed since Muccamukk ret Selmes of Esht had last set foot this hall. He had received a steady stream of commissions over that time taking him from one end of Elessar's realm to the other. The work had been good for his little band of mercenaries but lousy news for his hopes of romance.

Their last assignment had paid handsomely, enough to afford them a time to rest and restock. He had also shared in the profits enough to buy formal garb, enough to pay his sister the caravan fees to send it, anyway. He trusted her taste over his. Now at least he looked worthy of his lady. He hoped. Actually, he wasn't entirely sure that black tunic suited him. He had not worn silk, even rough silk, in many years and found he had forgotten the feel of it. His sword didn't feel quite right attached to a belt of silver links. His hand kept drifting down to make sure that it sat right. He missed the harness across his shoulders. Shivering, he decided that he also missed his heavy wool cloak. Finely spun silvery-blue wool might be enough to keep Northerners warm on an autumn night, but he had never really acclimatised. Next time, the new cloak was going, fashion be damned.

It could very well end up being in vain anyway. He had no idea if Elaine had received his letter. He'd sent it months ago, hoping she would have time to arrange to come.

He paused, hand on the polished brass handle, then took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

[I]OOC: -waves- Hi all. We're back. We missed you. :)
Muccamukk
Ranger of the North

Postby Oyarsa » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:56 pm

*waves back*

Hey there Muccamukk! :D Wb. Apologies, I’ve been in the process of moving from CO to MN, and have thusly been a bit busy.

Mel, I do not believe your idea for a game will work. *cough* For obvious reasons… as we’re never online at the same time. :oops: Any other ideas?
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:18 am

Oyarsa: AARRGGHH! I didn't explain the idea clearly enough. I MEANT...

1. Would you be interested in posting word jumbles, and seeing who could solve them? They work best when a group of people are on at once, because it gives more of a competitive edge and you know if someone really used the three days to answer or if they simply haven't been able to check it.

However, the game is still doable. I've played it on messageboards in the following way: One person posts a list of, say, fifteen jumbles, and says something like "You have 1 week/2 weeks or whatever the time limit is to see how many you can unravel. I don't know if your local paper has a jumbles game near/next to the crossword, but if you look for it, you might get an idea of what I mean. If your paper does not have one, or if you're unsure, click here. The two of us being on at the same time is a plus, not a requirement of the game.

2. If you're still not keen on that, we can do a Shakespeare and/or Tolkien quote game.

3. If you're not keen on either, we can play dunk Oyarsa in the KL/LK swimming pool. =:)

Edited for grammar and misplaced coding.
Last edited by Altariel_the_Wise on Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Muccamukk » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:32 am

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:3. We can play dunk Oyarsa in the KL/LK swimming pool. =:)

That sounds good *g*
Muccamukk
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:20 am

Mucca: Well, if we don't hear any objections in the next fifteen minutes, shall we assume that Oyarsa has no qualms with the game? =:):D j/k
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:42 pm

:P

:lol:

Or we can play 'pin-the-dagger-on-the-Daler' Melika. ;) =:)

Hmm, sounds interesting. Go ahead and try a post. Say five jumbles, one week limit. You can post first. Though if I go to Boston, obviously I will not be able to respond. I'll let you know.

Muccamukk, care to play as well?
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Muccamukk » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:11 pm

Nah, jumbles aren't my game.

Not dropping you is probably a good thing, last woman I dropped in the hot pools almost drowned :shock:
Muccamukk
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:24 pm

Oyarsa: 'pin-the-dagger-on-the-Daler' :Q Let's not and say we didn't. :P ;)

:lol:

Ok, here is the first jumble.

hupedl

mindoo

nartty

traie

afrnia

Viel Gluck. 8)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:45 pm

Goodness, I didn't even realize you had posted. :oops: Apologies. Following are the answers.

1. upheld
2. domino
3. tyrant (Are you insinuating something here... :P ;) )
4. irate, retia (plural of rete), or Terai (I wasn't sure which answer you were after.)
5. farina

New jumbles:
1. swapn
2. leutvru
3. nirpgo
4. esngomoo
5. egnolco

*raises eyebrow in curiosity at Mucca, wondering if she should ask about the 'near-drowning' incident or should not...* ;)

No worries, feel free to jump in should you wish to.

*sighs* Okay, been really busy this week. Fun, yet exhausting. *shrugs* Ah well, bring it on... :D

:horse:
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:49 pm

Oyarsa: Correct on all counts. At first glance, I have four of your jumbles solved, but I'll wait until after work tomorrow to give you my final answers.

By the way, I was looking for "irate". :-)

No, not insinuating anything, is your conscience pricking you? :P

Glad that you've had a good week, despite the business of it. I imagine that a busy week back home is preferable to a busy week back in CO. ;)

Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:59 pm

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:No, not insinuating anything, is your conscience pricking you?

Nope. :P For those of us bannered under the Night, it is more a matter of 'fun.' :D =:)

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:I imagine that a busy week back home is preferable to a busy week back in CO.

Very, very true. :D Dank sei Gott for MN!!! :D So how is your week going?
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:12 pm

"Nope. :P For those of us bannered under the Night, it is more a matter of 'fun'. :D=:)"

So that's the euphenism you've decided on. :P Admit it, you had far more fun on the 'light' side...

--Redecorating Barad-dur

--Pondering the relationship of Kham to pink rabbits, particularly of the Energizer variety

--Pool dunkings with Kham as the victim.

--Outdueling Sol.

--Your infamous entrance in the Mordor Eyes ONly thread. (I *still* crack up when I read that. :D )

--Turning Flam into various animals...

--Other things I can't remember off the top of my head, but I know they happened. :P

My week is going well, though if I hear one of my classmates say "We can't do the homework because we can't get to the resources" I will dress up as Oyarsa and bring a broadsword to my next class! *annoyed grimace*

Basically, my class meets in a special meeting room and building, once a week for a class. All the materials the teacher wants us to use are there within the building. Barring that, I have posted the locations where each resource can be found in area libraries...and they still complain. :roll:

So, come my next class on Saturday, I am donning a black wig, elf ears, getting colored contacts, and borrowing a sharpened broadsword.

I'll let you know how it goes.

=:)

Seriously, I've learned to tune out most of the complaints, and I believe I've got straight As pretty well set for the term provided I don't blow off the final (considering that I've never blown off an assignment, much less an exam, in my life, I doubt that's going to happen. :P

All in all, life is going pretty well. My boss is continually (read: monthly basis) giving me more responsibilities and hours, and I love my job. :D

Have you read that new Sean Astin book? It's called There and Back Again: an actor's tale. (ISBN 0312331460) I picked it up at work today, because it looked like an interesting read. So far, I like it (but I must put it up to do my homework, unfortunately. :( )

Edit: My responses to your challenge:

1. pawns or spawn
2. vulture
3. roping
4. mongoose
5. cologne

My challenge:

1. mirble
2. typtu
3. livteo
4. arotte
5. ntrine

Let's see what else ya got, pardner? ;)

Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:44 pm

*laughs* I admit nothing. :P :D =:)

Sounds like your week is going well. ...Despite the extreme laziness of the students. :roll: Yeesh, I don't know how some people manage to get out of high school. By the by, if you do dress up, do take pictures. ;-) Yes, I had heard of Astin's book back when he visited Denver. I've been meaning to check it out; however, I just haven't had the time. Do tell me how it is.

Answers:

1. limber
2. putty (aka 'minions of the Light' :P )
3. violet
4. rotate
5. intern or tinner

Okay, next set...

1. ieretngan
2. suiroscpen
3. rraenhciu
4. mbeiluoota
5. etlnte

Have fun. :D
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:22 pm

Oyarsa: I *know* I have four of the five...

1. Either "generation" missing the "o" (unlikely), the phrase "an integer" (which I could see you using if you really wanted to be tricksy, which is more likely, seeing as you're a dark, diabolical elf now. :P ), or a word that hasn't come to mind yet.

2. percussion

3. hurricane

4. automobile

5. nettle

What's really annoying is when they talk to eachoter in class about what they don't understand, (the class meets via video conferencing so the teacher is unable to hear our side conversations.) We had a student ask the teacher to explain something we covered three weeks ago. Granted, I'm coming fresh out of my undergrad work while some of these people haven't been in college for 30 years, but still, you'd think these people would understand the concept of graduate-level expectations.

It's disturbing to see that I'm going to be associated with these people... :(
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:45 pm

Nope. Neither. ;) :P Actually, it’s ‘tangerine.’ Remember, we’re not using phrases, just single words.

Angel of the Night = 1, Minion of the Light = 0. Your turn. =:)

Seriously though, if you’re truly unhappy with the situation at school, why not switch schools and thusly programs? There are very good English programs out there. If you’re not being challenged enough, why not step it up a bit and transfer?
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:07 pm

Oyarsa: You tricksy dark sider! :x :P Eh, I only suspected 'an integer' because I was playing the game live with some friends, and one of them through in a bonus question where the answer was "an animal" I then clarified the rules, stating that if he was going to do suchly, he should notate that it was two words. :P So, my apologies for accusing the Lady O falsely...;)

1. aceeiipprtt
2. acefiostu
3. deelmy
4. fagref
5. temcir
Good luck. ;)

Oyarsa wrote: Angel of the Night = 1, Minion of the Light = 0. Your turn.

"Minion? :P You just can't please some elves...you have your human persona wear dark banners, and said elf insists she likes you better in Dale blue. You switch back to Dale blue for said persona, and you are playfully badgered about how Angband/Mordor is a better alliance. Darksiders...impossible to please. :P

But, in response to your inquiry, I'm currently going for my Master's in Library Science...job security. ;-) Only two schools in the state offer it, and the other school has a more expensive price tag..:Q and I've heard (though I haven't checked) that classes between the two schools don't transfer well...besides, I understand that the teacher we'll have for one of my courses next semester will make my cataloging teacher look easy, therefore, I'm expecting the whiners will drop out. (Ok, you can stop with the 'young, naive' comments up there. :P ) Seriously, I'm just letting them fail or succeed on their own. Either they'll do well, or they'll drop out. There's some good students in the class, so I've been sitting with them, and trying to turn out the whiners. (I'm getting better...:D )

I have been considering starting my MA in English next fall, as there are two schools nearby that both have good programs, and both are state schools so they'll be *much* cheaper. :shock:

Hmm...or maybe, I'll do my MA from a school out MN way, and come up and bug you. :P
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:06 pm

*muses* You know Mel, your abundant edits are becoming rather infamous. ;) I’ve rather become used to checking back after a day or so to see if you’ve added something else. :P

By the by, apology accepted. ;) :D

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:Darksiders...impossible to please.

Of course we are. You Lightsiders are just too easily accepting of your shortcomings. We of the Night are not so forgiving of you. :P =:)

Answers
1. precipitate or peripatetic
2. facetious
3. medley
4. gaffer
5. metric

Jumbles
1. claapa
2. wnsoahdc
3. clumidre
4. leeslaitt
5. fcasr

Seriously though, have you thought of going to school out of state? Again, there are a lot of programs to chose from if you’re not content with your current company. Just a thought. By the by, you really shouldn’t depend upon hearsay. If you’re not sure, go find out. :P

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:Seriously, I'm just letting them fail or succeed on their own. Either they'll do well, or they'll drop out. There's some good students in the class, so I've been sitting with them, and trying to turn out the whiners.

Glad to hear it. If it helps I’ll send some earplugs out your way. ;) Else wise, we can always brainstorm ways to eliminate… *cough* …I mean, gently persuade the whiners to depart.

*chuckles* Feel free to transfer up to MN. *weg* If you think you’re toughened enough to survive our winters… ;) …not to mention our summers with 100% humidity. :roll: However, I must admit, we’ve had a very pleasant autumn thus far. MN weather has been beautifully behaved. :D
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:20 pm

Ok, breaktime at work is over, time now for the short response:

1. Edits: I don't know what you're talking about. :P ;)

2. Acceptance of Apology: Why is my mind mentally inserting a devil smiley after that big grin? ;)

3. That's why I've stopped trying. :P

4. No time to post my responses or give the new challenge yet; later. ;)

5. An out of state program would require housing, a school that would give me a hefty financial aid package, and a job that would cover both.

6. Send those earplugs before January 15th, please. ;) Oh, and feel free to plan ways to eliminate...erm..."persuade" the whiners. ;)

7. The same person who in this very thread was disappointed that there was snow outside one CO winter day is the same person asking if I'm tough enough to survive an MN winter? ;) Eh, an old friend in college gave me a hint of what it can be like at its worst. One evening, when her boyfriend came in the dorm and said, "it's cold, the radio said that it's 20 out." she responded with, "it's 20 below already?" :D

Solution to your summer humidity problem: get rid of those 10,000+ lakes. :P

Very happy to have graduated....:D
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Elaine_of_Astolat » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:12 pm

*waves* Hello! Sorry I'm late :) Are we going to have a Christmas party?

It had always seemed to Elaine that time in the halls of the KL/LK was apt to chop and change at will. At times it would run past in a such a flurry that it was almost impossible to keep up. Other times it would be a slow drip, as painful as Chinese water torture. Right now was one of those moments.

It did not occur to Elaine that the behaviour of time depended very much upon whether she was in Mucca's company or not. At the moment she was waiting for his arrival and had been for some days now. She tried to keep herself amused by reaquanting herself with the grounds. But the grounds seemed empty without Mucca's presence, and more often than not she spent most of her time by the hot pools, dreaming of days gone by.

Her father and brother had been pleased to hear she had met someone "special". They had not been so pleased that they did not have the opportunity to size him up. They were quite disapproving to find that he was from Harad. And they were down right annoyed when Elaine announced some time later that she was taking off again to meet up with Mucca, and no it was not an elopement.

Fortunately they were aware that Elaine was stubborn enough that they couldn't keep her in the house against her will, and so with some reserved blessings, they packed her up and sent her on her way.

Thus Elaine came to be seated in the KL/LK halls once more, a worn and tattered letter in her hands and a glass of wine on the bench before her. She would have arrived sooner, but being unable to read had had to find someone who could tell her what it was Mucca wrote of. She was now able to read the letter from memory, which she was doing again and again. Her foot, its shoe kicked off under the table, tapped imaptiently against the stone floor.

A calloused hand pushed open the door to the hallway. Elaine glanced up from her reading in time to see a man enter. Her heart leapt in excitement- but the torchlight revealed no worn mercenary, but a man dressed in silken fineries.

Elaine sighed, and went back to reading.

Short moments later there came a tap upon her shoulder. She looked up, and now that he was closer she found that despite the fine garments the man was arrayed in, he was still Muccamukk.

With a scream she leapt to her feet, knocking the glass of wine to the floor, and threw herself upon him.

"You're here! You're actually, finally here!" She pulled back a bit to have a better look at him.
"You look different."

And in some ways he did. His clothes were new, and there were a few new battle scars. But his eyes still glowed with kindness and afection, his rough hands still held her secure and strong, and his heart still loved.
Elaine_of_Astolat
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:40 pm

:D HAPPY NEW YEAR'S TO ALL! Cheers! :D

*weg* You know Meli, my friend, I do believe I’ve won this game. If it’s one point per week per word, than the score is now: Oyarsa = 16, Melika = 0. :P Sad. All that ‘Light’ has seriously damaged your mind. ;)

Hey there Elaine. :D wb. Apologies, the holidays have been extraordinarily busy. I haven’t been able to check TORC for nearly a month.

A forward I received. Something to think about…

Twas the night before Christmas..The best I have ever heard!

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, HE LIVED ALL ALONE IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE. I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE AND TO SEE JUST WHO IN THIS HOME DID LIVE. I LOOKED ALL ABOUT, A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS, NOT EVEN A TREE. NO STOCKING BY MANTLE, JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES OF FAR DISTANT LANDS. WITH MEDALS AND BADGES, AWARDS OF ALL KINDS A SOBER THOUGHT CAME THROUGH MY MIND. FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT, IT WAS DARK AND DREARY I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER, ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY. THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING, SILENT, ALONE CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME. THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE, THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER NOT HOW I PICTURED A UNITED STATES SOLDIER. WAS THIS THE HERO OF WHOM I'D JUST READ? CURLED UP ON A PONCHO, THE FLOOR FOR A BED? I REALIZED THE FAMILIES THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT, OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT. SOON ROUND THE WORLD, THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY, AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY. THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR, BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS, LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE. I COULDN'T HELP WONDER HOW MANY LAY ALONE, ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME. THE VERY THOUGHT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE, I DROPPED TO MY KNEES AND STARTED TO CRY. THE SOLDIER AWAKENED AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE, "SANTA DON'T CRY, THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE; I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, I DON'T ASK FOR MORE MY LIFE IS MY GOD, MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS." THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP I COULDN'T CONTROL IT, I CONTINUED TO WEEP. I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS, SO SILENT AND STILL AND WE BOTH SHIVERED FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL. I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR SO WILLING TO FIGHT. THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER, WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE WHISPERED, "CARRY ON SANTA, IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE." ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH, AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT. "MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT."

This poem was written by a Marine. The following is his request. I think it is reasonable..... PLEASE. Would you do me the kind favor of sending this to as Many people as you can? Christmas will be coming soon and some credit is due to our U.S. service men and women for our being able to celebrate these festivities. Let's try in this small way to pay a tiny bit of what we owe. Make people stop and think of our heroes, living and dead, who sacrificed themselves for us. Please, do your small part to plant this small seed.
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessMelika » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:27 pm

You know, Oyarsa, my friend, I do believe that some darksider friend of yours must have cheated, for I have been unable to sign in as PM or Altariel or any other alterego (and even you do not know all of them...*weg*) for some unknown reason, yet, while I can post, I will. Accept this as my sincere apology for my truancy. :)

Hope you had a very happy new year yourself.

And thank you for sharing the forward, it was very inspirational. In the future, feel free to forward things like that to my email. I trust your judgment. :)

So, while I try to determine why I'm having difficulties logging in (I absentmindedly logged out earlier, after I posted in the thread you created in talk, and it took me FOREVER to log in again) you can try being nice to poor Melika. ;)

And no converting her to the dark side in my absence. :P
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Elven_Angel » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:15 pm

Still attempting to convert.... =:)

:P
The_Elven_Angel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby PrincessMelika » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:27 am

"Attempting" is the key word...:P Amazing how for all your many abilities, Melika remains of the light even during periods of my absence. :P

Me thinks you have a weak spot for your favorite Dale Lass...:D ;)
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth