The White Tower: The Proud Continuation of the AML!

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Riencuran » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:34 pm

"Since I'm the slave here, I'll sleep on the floor." She growled, and placed the pup on the bed.

"For an elf born in the First Age, you certainly act immature at times, Rien."

"For a boy who has barely left the cradle, you certainly act arrogant at times, Master."

"Once again, you're acting unreasonable and ridiculous."

"At least I'm not the masochist who thinks himself in love with his former mistress." She curled up on the cold stone beside her bed, ignoring the chill that settled into her bones. Catching cold wasn't on her mind, as common illnesses weren't something she had to concern herself with. Rien muttered a prayer to Melkor in the Black Speech, pleading for Cody to be struck by lightening or fall suddenly ill, before settling down to sleep.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:26 pm

"You won't be comfortable there." Cody warned as she drifted off.

"Let me alone." Rien muttered tiredly.

"You'll freeze on the floor."

"I'll be just fine."

"The dog is not allowed on the bed."

"She's my dog; you won't touch her." Rien grumbled before sleep overtook her.

Cody knew far better than to assume she was asleep after a mere fifteen minutes had passed. Only when nearly half an hour had transpired did he make his move. Inching toward her he watched her for signs of movement. Once she stirred, then drifted back into slumber. Time was of the essence.

Pulling her into his arms, he carried her into her bed; the satchel, though nolonger as warm, still retained enough heat to warm Rien's shivering form.

Then she was tucked into bed; perhaps sensing his warm body, she snuggled next to him on the bed, a peaceful smile on her face. Gingerly he extracted himself from her and went to bed.

When Rien woke, the pup was barking frantically, and she saw it snapping at and dodging a snake.

"Cody!"

Cody rose, saw the snake, grabbed a shovel from the corner, and rained blows upon the snake, taking care to not become bitten. Rien grabbed the pup and pulled her away. When the snake was dead, Cody scooped it outdoors, several yards away from the house.

"Was she bitten?" Cody prompted Rien.
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Riencuran » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:40 pm

(OOC: Can snakes get into houses?)

Rien was glad her chains had been enough for her to reach the pup. "No, she's fine." The elfess said, her elven sight having caught nothing, then stopped short. She was in the bed. The pup had been on the floor. Narrowing her eyes, she looked over at the mortal. "You switched us."

"You were going to freeze."

"I'm elven, and an assassin, and I've slept in worse conditions than a stone floor."

"Had I left you on the floor, the snake would have gone after you, not the dog." Cody pointed out.

"Had it bitten me, I would have thanked it for setting me free." Came her cutting reply.

Cody sighed. "Rien..."

"You said it was my choice where I slept; apparently it isn't." Her grey eyes hardened. "Well then, Master, tell me where I sleep. Command me to sleep in the bed, since as a slave, I have no choice or will of my own. Do you want me sleeping in my bed or yours?"

"Rien--"

"It would offend your lightsider sensibilities if I slept in yours, Master, I understand. Command me to mine, then. Unless you prefer keeping up this facade that I have a choice in this prison." Her tone was harsh and angry, her eyes grey storms that crackled with her fury.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:08 am

(OOC: Yes)

Cody sighed. "Go back to bed."

"Yours, Master? Are you going to make me repeat part of the ancient catechism of darkness?"

"Rien--"

"You remember, the one that begins with the man asking "What' is woman?" and the slave replying "the slave of man."

"Rien!!"

"Don't deny that you've wanted to say it."

"I will deny anything that is untrue." Cody replied; a knock on the door interrupted them. It was Lissar.

Annoyed at Rien's behavior, Cody turned to Lissar. "You'll be working alongside Riencuran today; keep her working, keep her out of trouble."

"What will you be doing?"

"I have plans of my own which I need to finalize."

Lissar smiled. "Of course."

Rien watched as Cody left the kennelmaster's home and walked toward the White Tower.

"What plans does Cody have?" Rien demanded.

"Cody didn't tell you?"

"If he told me, I wouldn't be asking you, would I?"

"If he didn't tell you, then I won't say a word. He must have his reasons for not telling you."
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Riencuran » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:25 am

"I think I can still manage to strangle one mortal girl, shackled and muzzled as I am." Rien growled, grey eyes narrowed to slits.

"Even if you tried, you wouldn't be successful. There are guards posted outside the kennel."

"I'd at least enjoy the attempt."

"You're supposed to be working, Riencuran."

"Forgive me for disobeying my orders, Mistress." She said with false sincerity. "I beg of you, don't whip me for my lapse of judgement."

Lissar stiffened. "You're not a slave, and I am not your mistress."

"I'm being held captive in a foreign land, being forced to answer to the will of others, forced to work, and threatened if I don't. Whether or not I sleep, drink, and eat is all dependent on thirty four-legged beasts and one two-legged beast. What else would you call it but slavery?"

Riencuran abandoned the water she had been struggling to draw, and stalked back into the house. She refused to look after those creatures, and she wouldn't be ordered about by that floozy.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Rien had not gotten far, however, when Lissar grabbed the chains and drug the elfess back to the kennel, locking the gate behind her and hiding it on her person.

Rien gazed at the girl in wonder; how was it possible a mortal had the strength to drag an elfess? Lissar was growing more mysterious.

"Let me go."

"Cody has not given permission for you to leave."

"You can tell your lover that I don't need his permission."

"Cody is not my lover."

"Then what is he to you?"

Lissar was silent.
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Riencuran » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:34 pm

"I suppose you threw yourself at him after he saved you from your terrible enslavement, and he rejected you, poor thing." Rien said with mock-sympathy.

Lissar looked entirely nonplussed.

"It's not your fault you aren't his type, m'dear. I'm sure somewhere there is a man that might accept you..." Rien added, hoping to rattle her by continuing. How could Lissar appear so unaffected? She said this last bit, a dubious expression on her face. "It simply won't be Cody."

"How do you know whether it will or won't be Cody?" Lissar asked, a broad smile on her face and laughter in her eyes.

Rien smiled sweetly. "Because Cody doesn't like floozies.

A smile of her own played about Lissar's lips. "You think I'm a floozy?"

Rien was spared the necessity of answering when Cody approached them both. "I understand I'm being punished here, but how could you leave me with this creature?"

"I think it's good for you to become better acquainted with Lissar."

"Give me a blade and I'll become better acquainted with her."

Cody sighed. "I meant by talking with her, Rien."

"I thoroughly enjoy spending my time with harlots pulling my chain."

"She is not a harlot." Cody's voice was stern.

"And I'm Dark Queen of Arda." Rien muttered.

"If anything, you fit that description more adequately; remember how you nearly became Carum's concubine to pay off your gambling debts?"

Whatever color to be found on the pale elfess' visage fled, and she stiffened at the memory. Riencuran also disliked being called a harlot by the brat before her.

Cody saw her reaction and knew he had crossed a line. How would she ever believe his love for her if he flung her past into her face in front of others?

"Let's take a walk."

"I've no desire to walk with you." Rien said without emotion, sealing even her anger behind her mask of nothingness.

"I insist." He replied. "Unless you want to remain with Lissar."

"What I want is irrelevant, seeing as what I want is to be left alone."

"That is not an option; either walk with me and Lissar will do your chores, or work with Lissar. You waived the right to be left alone when you attacked Melika of Dale."

She wasn't about to go into detail about how she was never alone before being imprisoned in the kennels of the White Tower. "I should have succeeded. Both of you should be dead." She had never failed an assignment before; of course, she would have failed her most important, and gotten the tables turned on her.

"You trained me too well." Cody smiled. "I'm too powerful for you to defeat, and you know I won't permit your success."

Rien was silent a moment, before she found a thread of a plan. "Kain Kadoa will restore your honor." Rien whispered; she knew this struck a cord.

"The dishonorable cannot restore honor."

"Compared to Carum, Kain is extremely honorable."

"I won't accept honor from a murderer and a seducer."

"I'm a murderer. You are a murderer as well, Tarquin, or have you forgotten the 'accident' your father befell?"

"I should never have obeyed that command; I should have rebelled and permitted Kain to kill me for betrayal."

"Your death wasn't something I was going to be permitting anytime soon." Rien replied, wrapping her arms around Cody, wondering if this attempt at her plan would succeed, or fail like all the others. "I had such hopes for you; you were the greatest assassin in Khand; even Carum knew you were more powerful than he. Even his women knew."

Cody scoffed.

"Why do you suppose I kept a lock on your door? It wasn't because I had any concern you would run away."

"How do you know I wouldn't have?"

"Who'd run away from my devastatingly beautiful self?" She grinned mischievously, letting her mask slip, and abandoning--for the moment--her thoughts of killing Melika and Cody. She enjoyed this. "And besides; you lived for the thrill of the kill in those days; it was a pleasure to watch you on an assignment."

"I have no wish to remember those days."

"Come, Tarquin; Carum's own concubines longed to be with you; didn't that thrill you?"

"You wouldn't permit it to thrill me." He replied dryly. "Sometimes, I wondered if you wanted that honor." Cody teased.

"You've quite the ego if you think that's an honor." Rien said with a sweet smile. "I doubt you could handle me, mortal."
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:19 pm

"Not the other day, you were moping because I rejected you." Cody grinned.

Rien glowered. "You have quite the ego, mortal."

"I learned from the best." Cody replied, and took her hand as she walked. The feeling of his fingers interlaced with hers was electric; his hands were so strong, yet gentle.

"You could be the best again, Cody."

"I won't reenter darkness."

"Just consider it; you were happiest in darkness."

"When I returned to light, I felt shame a what I had done."

"In darkness, there is no shame."

"We will say no more on this subject."
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Riencuran » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:39 pm

"How about the subject of you holding my hand like we're betrothed and madly in love?" She gasped slightly. "Oh, I forgot. You are madly in love." She disentangled her hand from his. "My mistake."

She walked ahead of him a few steps, before turning to him once more. He hadn't moved. "Love can be a fatal illness, Tarquin. I'd look into a cure, if I were you. Perhaps your harlot back there could help you..."

The elfess' eyes glittered darkly. "I'm sure she would love to cater to that ego of yours."
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 am

"You really are jealous of Lissar, aren't you?"

"I'm not jealous. What reason have I to be jealous?"

"Then why do you constantly feel the need to bring up Lissar and her relationship to me?"

"She's not woman enough for you; she can't handle you. Your darker side will never be satisfied with a woman like Lissar."

"You know I have renounced darkness."

"But for how long?" Rien demanded slyly. "We both know how greatly you enjoyed the thrill of the hunt, the fear in the eyes of your victim. You were powerful in darkness."

"Darkness revealed only how greatly I could fall if I did not restrain myself."

"Why restrain yourself? Let the real you out."

"Out of the question."

Rien was not willing to give up. "Then you'll crawl back to your floozie, begging for forgiveness?"

"Enough, Rien."

"She'll be a jealous one, I predict, always pestering you, afraid that another woman will snatch you away. In darkness, you could have told her what to do, and she would not be able to speak against you without penalty."

"What do you mean 'without penalty'? A masculine voice demanded; Rien and Cody turned towards the source of the third voice; a male elf who fixed his gaze on Rien.

"Let me alone." Rien snapped as she tried to move away from her brother, but her chains prevented her from going more than six feet away from Cody.

"I have not come all the way to the White Tower of Ecthelion to leave you alone, Little Moon."
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Riencuran » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:08 am

"Don't call me that." Her voice was an angry snarl. The elfess shot a venomous look at Cody Tarquin. "You told him. You said you wouldn't write him!" She hissed, her grey eyes like that of a trapped animal.

"I didn't summon him, Rien."

"Liar."

"Cody didn't need to write me, Riencuran. A guard who I am acquainted with wrote me the day you came, and informed me that an assassin by name of the Dark Crescent had made an attempt on Lady Melika's life." He eyed her chains. "It would seem they at least have found a way to control you."

"I'm not being controlled. This is a minor setback."

"Would you rather they executed you? From what I've heard, you've committed treason several times over, with your repeated attacks on Melika of Dale and your manipulations of Lord Tarquin."

Rien had paled at the mention of execution, but tried to banish it from her mind. She was an assassin. Death was something one had to prepare for. Besides, Cody wanted her alive for one reason or another, and it seemed as if the Stewardess was letting him have his way.

Luin approached, and Rien vainly tried to move further away. "Don't come near me!"
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:09 pm

Luin walked closer to Rien. "You've plotted against Melika and shamed Tarquin long enough; I'm taking you home with me."

You can't take me anywhere. I'm a prisoner of the White Tower for assassination attempts on the Stewardess. For some ridiculous reason, yon aggravating mortal negotiated my staying alive, provided I stay in the kennels and be a slave to four-legged, slobbering beasts."

Luin turned to Cody. "Five hundred gold coins and I'll take Rien off your hands."

"Done. You can have her."

Rien looked jarred by Cody's reply. "You...you're selling me?"

“It sounds like your brother is the only man to whom you'll listen. I'd just as soon be rid of you." Rien knew that if she left Cody, she'd never be able to seduce him and train him to attack Melika, and time was running out for her to seize control of her ex-slave; Kain Kadoa's agents would be there in a matter of days; if Melika wasn't dead by then, they'd kill Rien for her failure.

"You can't be rid of me. I'm Melika's prisoner." She insisted, trying to grasp at something. Her being imprisoned wouldn't stop Kadoa's agents. They would stop at nothing until their task was complete. "You can't just sell me. I heard what you said to Melika; you made a decision to play warden, and you can't rescind it."

"With you in Gondor with your brother, you're no threat to Melika; therefore my task would be fulfilled."

"Yes, an unguarded estate far from any help Luin could receive, in a building I know like I know my own face. Truly, it will keep me adequately contained." Rien scoffed. She was trying to restrain her panic, keep it from showing on her face. She didn't want to die, either by Melika's order or Kain's. Being sent with Luin was nearly as frightening as her impending death.

"I've made some modifications; you won't find it easy to leave my estate without my knowledge." Luin informed his sister.

"I'm a skilled assassin, mercenary, and thief. I entered the White Tower without notice until my attempt on that little Stewardess; I can leave a house unnoticed."

Luin ignored his sister and wrote a note. "I'll have the payment delivered by sunset."

"Rien will be ready at sunset." Cody replied. When Luin left, Rien turned to Cody angrily. "And now I'm being sold, like the slave you kept protesting I wasn't." She cursed her chains, wishing she could distance herself from the mortal right now.

"If I could trust you, I wouldn't give you into your brother's custody, but you've already demonstrated that you have no interest in proving yourself trustworthy."

"And when, pray, did you ever think I could be trustworthy? I have no loyalties to you."

"A long time ago, but you betrayed my trust."

"Then you were even more of a fool than I thought, if you trusted a darksider. I don't even trust darksiders." Seeing as her own master had orders she die if she failed in her assignment, trust was certainly not something she had in people.

Cody looked irritated. “If your brother was here, I’d accept half his offer so he would take you now.”
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:29 am

(OOC: Yet again the forces of light remain prove their superiority in the realm of RPing. :D The darksider cannot, nay, will not reply. )
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Riencuran » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:30 am

(OOC: Perhaps your little RP scared off all the other AMLers... :P )

Rien had been slowly and subtly working at one of her manacles. She had always been small for an elf and her wrists were proportionally so. Finally, in one swift move, she freed one hand and deftly grabbed at Tarquin's sword, sliding it out of the sheath by his hip. The mortal was shocked momentarily and failed to react quickly enough. Rien pointed the blade at his throat. "Back. Away." She was getting out of this Tower. Forget the mission. Forget her master. For now, all she had to do was survive and avoid her brother. Luin was a menace she should have killed long ago.

Tarquin stepped back and Rien gathered up the danging chain in her other hand, moving back towards the window. She'd be back for Melika--she simply needed to regroup first. The lithe assassin jumped up onto the edge, assessing the drop while still trying to keep an eye on Tarquin. The fall wouldn't be too bad. As long as she landed the right way, she might be able to come off with a few bruises.

Without another word, Rien jumped from the window ledge to the street below. She landed hard and her whole body started to throb, but she hadn't broken anything. Slipping in between two buildings, she wrested the other manacle off and discarded the chains. She sheathed the sword and took off down the street. She had to escape the city.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Lord_Tarquin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:07 pm

(OCC: Now, now, there's no reason to be so hard on the quality of your rp'ing, even if darksiders have, of necessity, deficient rp'ing skills [it explains why they frequently leave rps in the lurch]; join us of light and your skill will improve. :-D )

Like most hastily planned escapes, the Dark Crescent had failed to account for all variables. The most grievous of her errors lay in forgetting the layout of Minas Tirith; having descended from the Tower of Ecthelion alive but wounded, she was reacquired by the Tower's guards and returned to a cell within minutes. Cursing herself for not better planning her escape, she brooded in silence until two unwanted personages entered.

"I thought an ill conceived escape attempt might have to be endured." Luin noted.

"Be quiet." She snapped.

"It was a miracle that you didn't break anything, landing on those stone roads."

"I have nothing to discuss with you."

"While I have much to discuss with you."

Tarquin tightened the manacles on her wrists they dug into her skin and she knew that she was not strong enough to remove them. But Tarquin, warrior though he was, was also a gentleman, and she knew how to play to his weaknesses, provided her accursed brother didn't intervene. She would need Tarquin's help to escape this city, and she would connive until her aim of escape had been realized. He was uncharacteristically silent; no doubt at her brother's recommendation, and hadn't known that it was possible for a Tarquin to keep a still tongue. Yet this newly discovered trait could work to her advantage. While she was pondering, she missed Luin's first question.

"Well?" He pressed, eying her with a frown.

"Well what?"

"For whom are you working?"
Lord_Tarquin
Rider of the Mark

Postby Riencuran » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:52 pm

(OOC: The quality of my RPing is phenomenal, thank you very much, LT. On the contrary, I've always found the stiff, prudish goody-two-shoes types to be the ones without enough imagination and creativity in their writing. They haven't lived life. And you always, always thwart my escape plans...and you bring in my characters when I don't want them.)

"I work for no one but myself. I don't like answering to the beck and call of lesser mortals who like to presume they're better than I am." She cast a narrow glance towards Tarquin. Presumptuous wretch. Melkor, her whole body was throbbing in pain from her jump.

"And, naturally, you are above such things." Luin stated dryly.

"I submit to no one. My loyalties are to myself and myself alone." Granted, she had worked for masters in the past, but she was not overly fond of the arrangements. Calling someone else her lord was not the Dark Crescent's cup of tea.

She looked distastefully down at her bindings. Being chained wasn't a delight either. Rien's dark grey eyes met those of her captors. "And on that note, I have nothing further to say to either of you."
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Re: The White Tower: The Proud Continuation of the AML!

Postby Oyarsa » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Whew what a mess. PM, you'd think you'd have upgraded from that ramshackle thatch-covered hut by now. It's been years. :wink:
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Oyarsa wrote:Whew what a mess. PM, you'd think you'd have upgraded from that ramshackle thatch-covered hut by now. It's been years. :wink:

Why of course we have, Oyarsa. Oh, my, I see the problem. Oyarsa, darling, you've been gazing toward the *east* this whole time. Yes, that "ramshackle thatch-covered hut" you see is all you darksiders could manage to put together after Sauron's glorious defeat.

The magnificent tower which lies before you is none other than the White Tower, the Tower of Ecthelion.

Now, if you promise to behave yourself (and remember to use a napkin :P ) I will treat you to a slice of pie. What say you?
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:32 pm

PM, I'm sorry to hear you're still under the illusion that your white-washed pile of sticks is a tower. Sticks do not a tower make. No matter how much white paint you dip them in. ;)

I always behave myself. *weg*

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a slice of peanut-buttercup pie if you have some. It has been a long journey back. ^^
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Oyarsa wrote:PM, I'm sorry to hear you're still under the illusion that your white-washed pile of sticks is a tower. Sticks do not a tower make. No matter how much white paint you dip them in. ;)

I always behave myself. *weg*

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a slice of peanut-buttercup pie if you have some. It has been a long journey back. ^^

Methinks someone forgot a certain prefix. :wink:

Now, how could a pile of stick support a very recent RP, a practice which has become decrepit in the lowly AMMM?

*hands Oyarsa a slice of peanut-buttercup pie on a white plate. Enjoy. I think a slice of fudge pie will do for me tonight. Would you care for some B&J's Cherry Garcia, m'friend? (Of course Ben and Jerry's is here; their company was first established in Gondor. :P )
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth