The AMMM Federation II

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:02 am

I realize that you darksiders have not yet fully achieved the civilization of the followers of light, but I had thought that even you darksiders would understand the sentence "As to the illustrious White Tower, even when its beloved guardian is absent, it is always well guarded."

In other words, Darksider, you were never alone there, nor are you owed a penny for "tower-sitting."

I do believe, however, that 1017 years of rent for use of Minas Ithil are owed to the White Tower. Pay up, Darksiders! :D
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:15 am

The AML has been absent of "beloved" guardian and inhabitants. The sentence "As to the illustrious White Tower, even when its beloved guardian is absent, it is always well guarded" is simply a figment of your wild imagination that you cling to. 'Tis neither illustrious or guarded :P I won't mention the "beloved guardian" part again.

As for 1017 years of rent, Lightsider, I have no idea what you're talking about :shock: You mortals can't be trusted with remembering history correctly; this rent business is another figment of your untrustworthy imagination.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Oyarsa wrote:Mel, m’dear, at least don one of your darker garbs when thou art present in our unhallowed halls. (It makes you less of a target :wink: ) Danke for the b-day wishes. Apologies as always for the rare replies. :-) I hope you are doing okay. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Danke §ol. I went to HI with two other friends. It was sehr wunderbar! :-D Off to Japan in three days. Yup, there’s a reason I’m never around anymore. :oops: So, how are things going with you? Still in CA?

Yep. Been doing some more travelling around. Up to 33 states now. How've you been?
§ol
Mariner

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Let's see---unlawful habitation of Minas Ithil from Third Age 2002 (not counting the two years of unlawful siege) until the coronation of King Elessar in T.A. 3019 makes for 1017 years by the aforementioned parameters.

But since the forces of evil have abandoned the AMMM, the AML has triumphed and your treasures have been forfeited in payment of the debt.

:P
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Well, if you're going to roust your rusty old bones and try to claim victory, I'll come out of the shadows.

The AML will never triumph over the AMMM. Note: your thread is inactive. The AMMM is up and running, and open for business.

In other words: we aren't paying you a thing, madame.

An open sign hangs outside the great, black gates of the AMMM. Enslaved former members of the AML are cleaning the cobwebs and dusting the torture devices.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:20 am

My dear darksider want-to-be, the forces of light have already conquered the AMMM, per their willingness to do so after over two years of failure to guard the tower. :P The payment has already been confiscated, and it seems that you are all that is left in this paper fortress, yet even you failed to prevent either the conquering of the AMMM or the removal of its treasures.

I do believe that the AML stalled because a certain darksider failed to reply to a certain rp that was being held therein.

Speaking of disgraceful darksiders discontinuing rps, will Khamul ever reply to the AMMM vs AML rp thread, or do we of the light get to claim victory therein as well? :P

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=42227
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:21 am

I will admit, I am left to wonder if certain dark fellows from over two years ago even haunt these TORCish halls, anymore.

At the moment, you and I are the only people in the AMMM or the AML. So how do you have the forces to confiscate the treasure of the AMMM? No one has been guarding the AML for two years, either. The Stewardess has been decidedly absent. :P
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Bardhwyn_In_Black » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:16 pm

I've been resurrected and I come back here and find nothing, no one - not since December of 2010. Shameful.

I wasn't very well liked or received here, mind - which frankly, didn't phase me in the slightest - as hard as they tried.

Well, seems I have a nice, very large, home to call my very own.

How absolutely fitting.

The AMML is back in business! To all the sons and daughters of Morgoth - come on home!

We have manflesh.
Bardhwyn_In_Black
Shield Bearer

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Bardhwyn_in_Black,

I must say, blue definitely is more becoming to you. ;-)

The AMMM is crushed and defeated. Even its mistress has abandoned it. :P
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Altariel, tsk tsk...you forgot to take your medication again this morning, didn't you? And you forgot your walker. I know you're getting old, but senility does not become you. It's no wonder, therefore, that you're suffering these delusions about the AMMM being "crushed and defeated."

Now, Bardhwyn_in_Black, I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the name you wish to use for the Mighty One is Melkor, not Morgoth. Merely a technicality, but simply because the Tower is a little empty does not mean such necessities should be forgotten.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Bardhwyn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:
I must say, blue definitely is more becoming to you. ;-)

Why thank you, but don't be confused - she is NOT me. And I am pleased to learn the AML successfully vanquished the AMML yet again - many battles I fought under that banner long ago.
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Bardhwyn_In_Black » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:27 pm

GET OUT! You pitiful blue-clad piece of scar tissue! OUT!

*slams door behind her*

And Riencuran, you are most correct. I was remiss in using the name that pouf Feanor attributed to the first, and most magnificent, Dark Lord. Please forgive me. Though, one has to admit 'The Black Enemy of the World' has a nice ring to it.

And the Tower isn't empty; you and I are here. :twisted:
Bardhwyn_In_Black
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Very, very true, . I do believe a re-opening celebration is in order. Torture, maiming, who wants to volunteer? Altariel, I'm so glad you raised your hand...

The AML has hardly vanquished the AMML when I am one of two people currently residing there. I do believe that makes us outnumber you.

:twisted: Let the party begin.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessMelika » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Tsk, Tsk. BiB. You know that you secretly admire your blue-clad doppleganger. :P
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 am

Sorry for the interruption but wanted to pop in and say HELLO to PM!!! :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Riencuran » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Who admires anyone clad in blue?

And get rid of that banner, you deceptive wretch! BiB and I will have you strung up on the Tower walls.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessMelika » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Hello, Vana. It is good to see you as well. :)

Dear Riencuran, it is long known that you have for years admired several members of the Light. You're even regularly thwarted by members of the light in RPs. :P

Now, change out of that black thing. Blue is a better color for spring. :D
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby Riencuran » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:47 am

I haven't admired anyone not wearing black. I can't think of whom to which you might be referring.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Canamarth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:07 am

Appearances can be deceiving, my friends. Blue can cloak all manner of mischief. ;)

Methinks the former Lady of Utumno needs an update to The Dark Lady in the first post. :eye:

Canamarth settles down on a freshly scrubbed iron chair.
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SmaugsBane » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Oh look, I'm still listed as a member here. Such fun times were had in the original AMMM vs AML RP, including the first appearance of BiB (She had the hots for Dirk and was always trying to get him away from Leoba. :rofl: ) Anyway, know I'm lurking again. :lightening:
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby Leoba » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:46 am

Gosh, it's amazing to see even a spark of life in this old thread. Some of my earliest and tentative steps into RP were in this arena.

Indeed, SB, BiB was very naughty. :nono:
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby Canamarth » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 am

SmaugsBane wrote:Oh look, I'm still listed as a member here.

Interesting to see so many people somehow or other associated with Dale and Esgaroth over the years in here, though ... :angel:
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby SmaugsBane » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Isn't interesting, though? Maybe the influence of so many years sandwiched between Smaug and the Necromancer.
Rest In Peace, Dirk. 2002-2013
Sig Pic by Lynx

Guild Steward of the Mithril Knights
SmaugsBane
Ranger of the North

Postby scotspine » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:42 pm

I am Scotspine..one of the last ENTS

I am searching for ENTWIFELOST

Have you seen her?
scotspine
Shield Bearer

Postby Bardhwyn_In_Black » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:00 am

The Lady Canamarth does wear blue well, it has to be said and I, for one, will never question her taste in clothing.

And as for you Dirk, you're quite mistaken. 'Had' the hots? No, darling, I still do and from what I'm reading (yes, I follow you) my chances of luring you away from that boring little girl are far, far better than they ever have been. We really must talk, soon. Perhaps your little stories need a little badness thrown in, Hmmm?

Who are we suspending from the Tower, Riencuran? Not the eternally irritating Princess Melika? Sounds marvelously entertaining! What ARE you a Princess of, anyhow?

Ah I am remiss for not acknowledging the wandering Ent. No, haven't seen her for a while. As for the Ent wives proper, they made for one helluva bon-fire several millennium ago. I remember the delicate flavor they added to the hot dogs we roasted. Yummy.
Bardhwyn_In_Black
Shield Bearer

Re: The AMMM Federation II

Postby Oyarsa » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 pm

The AMMM, like the shadows that will forever encroach and suffocate the Light, will always be around, peoples.

We have merely added fb to the territories of the Night. ...and yes, we do still continue to sling barbs at the Lady of the White Tower, to this day. ;) *poked Melika* :P
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Oyarsa wrote:The AMMM, like the shadows that will forever encroach and suffocate the Light, will always be around, peoples.

We have merely added fb to the territories of the Night. ...and yes, we do still continue to sling barbs at the Lady of the White Tower, to this day. ;) *poked Melika* :P

Barbs? Those were supposed to be barbs? :wink:

And as I recall, FB started out as one of the territories of the Night which we of the light have successfully infiltrated. I believe you are aware of FB's true origin. :P Just as you are aware of the constant campaigns to mitigate its evil influence.

It was we of the Light who pressed on (nobly, of course), posting faithfully, while ye of Darkness slithered away in defeat, only recently returning in a vain attempt to declare victory.

The AMMM is defeated, the White Tower remains! Faithfully we have observed certain yearly traditions and faithfully has the Stewardess defended her post.

(The Lady of the Dark-Tower-Comprised-of-Pink-Pipe-Cleaners can concede defeat any time now. :D )
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Eh, just the same, once fb went public, you knew you had lost the fight. Now just come quiely into the night. The Dark doesn't hurt... much. =:)

*hands PM her pipe-cleaner monstrosity back to her* You do realize the "build a tiny scale model of the AMMM Towers" was for children, right? And it also ended years ago. ;)
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Oyarsa wrote:Eh, just the same, once fb went public, you knew you had lost the fight. Now just come quiely into the night. The Dark doesn't hurt... much. =:)

*hands PM her pipe-cleaner monstrosity back to her* You do realize the "build a tiny scale model of the AMMM Towers" was for children, right? And it also ended years ago. ;)

Perhaps you should inform Khammie of suchly, I believe the design and color choice were his doing. ;)

And why should I come to the night when the light has (1) bacon, (2) chocolate, (3) strawberries and (4) Elves singing "tra-la-la-lally". :P
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:11 am

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:
And why should I come to the night when the light has (1) bacon, (2) chocolate, (3) strawberries and (4) Elves singing "tra-la-la-lally". :P

On the first three counts you are mistaken. We have a secure monopoly on bacon, chocolate, and strawberries--and we have strict export regulations. As for the fourth...well, you can keep those elves.

On a serious note, what are you doing toddling about our Tower? Aren't you getting a bit too up in years to be wandering around? You need to be careful as you advance on in years. The AML is for those such as yourself who are deteriorating into senility. :)
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth