The AMMM Federation II

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Oyarsa » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:11 pm

§ol: Truthworthy in regards to my password. I’m pretty paranoid when it comes to some of my passwords. :)

Sorry m’dear, but you were not ‘available’ when I logged on briefly at work. :) Oddly enough, only my sister was around on YM. Mayhap YM is not used as much anymore? :?

PM: No additional verses? Dank sei Gott. ;) …And you’ll get pics as soon as I get a pic of your adorable Khammie-bunny look-a-like. :P

4. correct! :)
6. keyboard – correct!
7. correct! (If I were going to ‘use’ something on a lightsider, it wouldn’t be a broom. =:) )
8. correct!
9. correct!
10. correct! :D

Google chat? Yeesh, I really haven’t been online much anymore. I didn’t even notice that existed. :|

Nope, I’ve never been fond of Christopher Tolkien. You know how I feel about HoME. Have you read it? Any good, or more along the lines of HoME?

As to my ‘fun’ stalker problem, do you have an hour? Grrr… :x About two months ago, some freak of a guy called and asked for ‘Kim’. I said, “This is she,” and he said his name was Ryan. Like I’m supposed to know who that was. Apparently, he knew me when I was in childcare (age 5 – like I’m supposed to remember people from back then :roll: ), and I was always nice to him, and he wanted to ‘rekindle’ our friendship. I tried to be nice to him, but I told him I wasn’t really comfortable going out with him. Then I asked how he got my phone number. He said he worked at my old high school, and he saw me in a yearbook, and then looked me up in the phonebook. He then continued to call me DAILY, several times a day, and leave messages on my answering machine. I finally changed my telephone number. Now he is resorting to mailed letters. I’m not quite sure what to do. I tried reverse address look-up, to see if the sender address is legit, and it is not. Actually, his second to last letter, he put someone else’s name and address on it, so that I wouldn’t know it was him until I opened it. I looked up all of the addresses he has written on the letters and none of them trace back to a Ryan Strait (sp?). I’m not sure of the spelling of his last name. He has given me his cell phone number multiple times though. I’m not going to call him though, since he would then be getting a response out of me.

His last voicemail, before I changed my number, was really creepy. He said I was his best friend, and that I was really special to him, and he ended his message with the words, “you are precious to me.” I now have an extreme dislike for that word. >-O
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:31 pm

Oyarsa wrote:Truthworthy in regards to my password. I’m pretty paranoid when it comes to some of my passwords.

Isn't that the truth? I point blank asked for her password for her "Oyarsa" account a few months ago for...maintenance reasons. ;) Seems the Lady O declined, on the account of my allegedly suffering 'username envy' (I am not; it was supposed to be my username; she stole it from us, prec-- *stops after reading O's stalker accont. Oops. Guess that means Gollum jokes are out....*

Sol wrote:I haven't read it, actually. Shame really. Also, Google Talk is just a variant of Jabber. not to take away from it, but there's a lot of people who can talk to it/be talked to through it that don't use Google Talk at all.

I haven't read it yet either; I bought it, but I'll try to read it in the next week or so. Seems I still owe someone some pictures. :P

I'd never heard of Jabber. I just use Google Chat/Talk because it's efficient to use with my email.

Oyarsa wrote:No additional verses? Dank sei Gott.

Hey! :Q I know when I've been insulted! :P

Oyarsa wrote:And you’ll get pics as soon as I get a pic of your adorable Khammie-bunny look-a-like.

I get the hint. I get the hint. :P

Oyarsa wrote:Google chat? Yeesh, I really haven’t been online much anymore. I didn’t even notice that existed

Don't feel bad. :) I didn't know about it until a college friend introduced me. I've been on it for not even a year. It has some pretty nifty features, though, and for Google chat, you don't have to install updates (Me likey, me likey!!)

Oyarsa wrote:Nope, I’ve never been fond of Christopher Tolkien. You know how I feel about HoME. Have you read it? Any good, or more along the lines of HoME

I'll read it and let you know. :) Though, something's always intriqued me; I'm curious as to why why you enjoy the silmarillion and UT, both of which are editted by Christopher Tolkien, though you have a decided dislike for HOME because of its editor. Looking forward to being enlightened. :)

Oyarsa wrote:As to my ‘fun’ stalker problem, do you have an hour?

I've logged onto MSN; if you get on MSN (or Trillian or whatever IM program which lets you talk with your MSN contacts) let me know and feel free to rant. If not, perhaps we can set up a time to MSN sometime this week, when you have a few minutes of free time....

*reads explanation of stalker's activities*

Holy Guacomole! So sorry to hear you're being stalked by a psycho. :Q See my email for my thoughts.
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:33 am

Glad to see this august forum is seeing more activity these days. I've no time for riddles, Oyarsa. Tomorrow I'm off on a tour of some Indonesian islands, including komodo, home of the world's largest lizards. Hope I make it back in one piece !
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:35 pm

Coming soon to a Flickr page near you....

(Yes, the pictures are on my computer; I need to edit a few to clean them up a little, and then I will get some up on Flickr, and I will post the link.

But yes, the elusive Khammie bear was caught on camera. Even in some surprising locales you'll have to see to believe! :Q
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby §ol » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:54 am

Oyarsa wrote:§ol: Truthworthy in regards to my password. I’m pretty paranoid when it comes to some of my passwords. :)

Sorry m’dear, but you were not ‘available’ when I logged on briefly at work. :) Oddly enough, only my sister was around on YM. Mayhap YM is not used as much anymore? :?

I guarantee I was logged on both, as I always am. And Yahoo Messenger was never used widely. Ever. :P As for the password bit, I know many people who use it exclusively *shrug*

As to my ‘fun’ stalker problem, do you have an hour? Grrr… :x About two months ago, some freak of a guy called and asked for ‘Kim’. I said, “This is she,” and he said his name was Ryan. Like I’m supposed to know who that was. Apparently, he knew me when I was in childcare (age 5 – like I’m supposed to remember people from back then :roll: ), and I was always nice to him, and he wanted to ‘rekindle’ our friendship. I tried to be nice to him, but I told him I wasn’t really comfortable going out with him. Then I asked how he got my phone number. He said he worked at my old high school, and he saw me in a yearbook, and then looked me up in the phonebook. He then continued to call me DAILY, several times a day, and leave messages on my answering machine. I finally changed my telephone number. Now he is resorting to mailed letters. I’m not quite sure what to do. I tried reverse address look-up, to see if the sender address is legit, and it is not. Actually, his second to last letter, he put someone else’s name and address on it, so that I wouldn’t know it was him until I opened it. I looked up all of the addresses he has written on the letters and none of them trace back to a Ryan Strait (sp?). I’m not sure of the spelling of his last name. He has given me his cell phone number multiple times though. I’m not going to call him though, since he would then be getting a response out of me.

His last voicemail, before I changed my number, was really creepy. He said I was his best friend, and that I was really special to him, and he ended his message with the words, “you are precious to me.” I now have an extreme dislike for that word. >-O

...that's really, really weird.

I'd never heard of Jabber. I just use Google Chat/Talk because it's efficient to use with my email.

Yeah. I logged into Google Chat before there was a formal client through Jabber, since someone saw they had the server up and open. Go fig. ;)

If you want to learn more
§ol
Mariner

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:52 pm

Oyarsa: The pictures are up on Flickr. Enjoy. I'm apparently limited in the number I can upload/post, so if you want to see the others, let me know.

You know what that means...

you owe ME some pics (if you are able to get to Hawaii).

:-P
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:29 pm

Seems I forgot the URL. :roll:

For the interested, here is the Flickr page where the Khammie-Bear picturesare posted.

Take a gander at them and feel free to comment. Sorry about the picture quality. They were taken when a disposable camera and editted in a free photo editor, so pardon my extremely basic photo editting skills.....

:oops:

As a bit of background, Khammie Bear is a present from the predecessor of my current position. I was given him (along with a few odds and ends) to decorate my desk with.

The first time I saw him, it was all I could do to keep from exposing my mirth, and he was privately dubbed "Khammie-Bear". (No, my coworkers don't know that he's called that. :P ) Hope you enjoy our favorite nazgul in miniscule rabbit form. ;-)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:40 am

Hi guys! :-D

Khamul: Hope you had a great time in Indonesia! Remember, don't pet the lizards. ;) Btw, Mel has some absolutely adorable pics up of you on Flickr.

Mel: Very cute pics! :D I will post some of my trip to HI, once I return.

NEW PUZZLES! :shock:

Decrypt this word:

36 45 90 36 45 35 89 9- 34

Bonus points if you can explain how it is encrypted.

2. Five friends pooled their resources one day and pieced a CD together from songs they had written. They called their band Frozen Cabbage and ended up playing a number of live gigs at local events. Determine the full name of each band member, the instrument (or mixing console) each played, the brand of equipment each used, plus each member's favorite magazine, using the clues below.

Steve wasn't the sound engineer.
One of the women enjoyed EQ magazine.
Angie and Steve didn't like Recording magazine.
The bass player used Ibanez equipment.
Mr. Magnus didn't use Mackie equipment.
Mark's last name wasn't Hydal and he didn't play keyboard.
The sound engineer, whose last name wasn't Engel, enjoyed reading Mix magazine.
The person who used Yamaha drums wasn't Robert, but their last name is Hydal.
The five band members (in no particular order) were: Mark Scott, the female bass player, the person who read Musician, the one who used Peavey equipment, and Robert.
Shelley's last name was not Hydal or McArthur and she didn't use Roland equipment.
Mackie only developed equipment for live sound and recording NOT musical instruments.
Steve McArthur was the guitarist.
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:05 pm

Oyarsa wrote:Hi guys! :-D

Khamul: Hope you had a great time in Indonesia! Remember, don't pet the lizards. ;) Btw, Mel has some absolutely adorable pics up of you on Flickr.

Mel: Very cute pics! :D I will post some of my trip to HI, once I return.

NEW PUZZLES! :shock:

Decrypt this word:

36 45 90 36 45 35 89 9- 34

Bonus points if you can explain how it is encrypted.

2. Five friends pooled their resources one day and pieced a CD together from songs they had written. They called their band Frozen Cabbage and ended up playing a number of live gigs at local events. Determine the full name of each band member, the instrument (or mixing console) each played, the brand of equipment each used, plus each member's favorite magazine, using the clues below.

Steve wasn't the sound engineer.
One of the women enjoyed EQ magazine.
Angie and Steve didn't like Recording magazine.
The bass player used Ibanez equipment.
Mr. Magnus didn't use Mackie equipment.
Mark's last name wasn't Hydal and he didn't play keyboard.
The sound engineer, whose last name wasn't Engel, enjoyed reading Mix magazine.
The person who used Yamaha drums wasn't Robert, but their last name is Hydal.
The five band members (in no particular order) were: Mark Scott, the female bass player, the person who read Musician, the one who used Peavey equipment, and Robert.
Shelley's last name was not Hydal or McArthur and she didn't use Roland equipment.
Mackie only developed equipment for live sound and recording NOT musical instruments.
Steve McArthur was the guitarist.

You're missing a clue. Only four magazines are listed. :P

Anyway:

Shelly Engel played an Ibanez Bass and read EQ.
Mark Scott was the Sound Engineer, used Mackie and read Mix.
Angie Hydall played Yamaha Drums and read Musician.
Robert Magnus played a Roland Keyboard and read Recording.
Steve McArthur played a Peavey Guitar and apparently hates reading. :P
§ol
Mariner

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Tried to seek out a pattern between the numbers; couldn't find any.

I'm going to guess that the word is "Ringwraith" (I know you just recently taught the denizens here to use napkins, but I didn't suspect that your ability to spell would decrease in proportion to their acquisition of manners. Really, you should know that "Ringwraith" has ten letters and not nine. :P ;)

How is it encrypted? You made it up with no rhyme or reason to it whatsoever. Final answer. :P

Seriously, hope all is going well with you. :) (Even if I do suspect you permanently moved to Maui to live with our respective sanities. :P )

Take care, avoid crazed stalkers, pink rabbits (ok, ok, don't avoid the pink rabbits; hug them if you like) and any establishment whose denizens believe pickled elf ears to be an appetizer. :wink:
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Hi guys, sorry, posting on the run!

Here is a link to some of my Hawaii pics. If any of you belong to LiveJournal, send me your 'name' and I'll add you to my friends list, and then you can see the pics that I am in as well. :-)

http://oyarsa-elentari.livejournal.com/

I hope everyone is doing well!

Btw, Mel, just in case you did not notice, I left you a vm on your cell yesterday... See, I do occasionally use the phone. ;-)
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:59 pm

Oyarsa: I did not notice your call. Check your email for details. :)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:12 pm

It's been far too long since there's been any insults hurled towards the nefarious ne'er-do-well nazgul in our mist.

Khamul, this is dedicated to you. Enjoy. :P

Khammie, Khammie Bear!
(To the tune of the Scoobie Doo Theme-Song)

Khammie, Khammie Bear, don’t you dare
Threaten or blackmail us!
The tables will turn
And you’ll learn!
That you will shortly lose us!

C’mon Khammie bear, be aware
Protect your public image
Step into our place
Put down that mace
And change the line of scrimmage!

You know that we all just could get along
So Khammie Bear be ready now to hug
You big lug!
And Khammie Bear we’ll see you there
Just Be ready you cuddly teddy
And then prepare thyself for a group hug!
You ol’ thug!

Khammie, Khammie Bear, we’ll be there
Just when it’s time for hugging
Once you’ve had enough
Of that stuff
Then we’ll resume our bugging!
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:05 am

:D :clap: :happydance: :D :clap: :happydance: :D :clap: :happydance:

Very, very amusing Mel! :D
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:54 pm

Thank you, Oyarsa! :-D

Book Meme!

(Just for fun...and to liven things up...)

Fill out each of the nine categories with your answers:

1) A book that changed my life:

2) A book I've read more than once:

3) A book I'd take to a desert island:

4) A book that made me laugh:

5) A book that made me cry:

6) A book I wish had been written:

7) A book that should never have been written:

8) A book I'm currently reading:

9) A book I'm planning to read:

My answers

1) A book that changed my life: Bible.

2) A book I've read more than once: Bible; Lord of the Rings; Ivanhoe, Pride and Prejudice...I have to pick one? :-(

3) A book I'd take to a desert island: the US Army Survival Manual I picked up at Barnes and Noble once; hey, this is a desert island; I'd kinda like to survive the experience. :-P

4) A book that made me laugh: The Hobbit

5) A book that made me cry: Les Miserables

6) A book I wish had been written: anything published by "Oyarsa Elentari"; she is required to pubish something for me to read. Yes, Oyarsa, required. :-P ;-)

7) A book that should never have been written: Gone with the Wind

8) A book I'm currently reading: "Kingdom of Priests"

9) A book I'm planning to read: "Telling Stories to Touch the Heart"
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 pm

All right, you malevolent Mordorian maggots!

It's Oyarsa's birthday, and all of you need to sing to her!

I want everyone on key, on time, and on task.

Ready? Any Questions?

NO! There won't be barbequed hobbit for the occasion. NO! Broiled Dale Lass won't do for a substitute.

Hey! Get back here! I didn't give you permission to leave!

We at least need to group-hug!

:grouphug:

What? NO! Khamul, you do not draw a sword in a grouphug! Oh, never mind...

Happy birthday Oyarsa! I tried to get this motley crew organized enough to give you a proper birthday greeting...but they're impossible to work with.

So, I raise a drink to you, Lady O...

:drink:

Before I return to the books...

:bookworm:

Happy Birthday!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Canamarth » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:36 am

So, we're doing riddles now, my preciousss?

Just came in to see if the halls are still standing.

And I'll take the opportunity to wish Oyarsa a belated Happy Birthday!

Broiled Dale Lass won't do for a substitute.

Indeed. Much too stringy.

Hail and well met, Altariel_the_Wise. And good luck with trying to organise these fellows. :P
Canamarth
Ringbearer

Postby §ol » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:39 pm

Oyarsa wrote:Hi guys, sorry, posting on the run!

Here is a link to some of my Hawaii pics. If any of you belong to LiveJournal, send me your 'name' and I'll add you to my friends list, and then you can see the pics that I am in as well. :-)

http://oyarsa-elentari.livejournal.com/

I hope everyone is doing well!

Btw, Mel, just in case you did not notice, I left you a vm on your cell yesterday... See, I do occasionally use the phone. ;-)

Nice pictures. Who all ya go with? Have a nice vacation and all? I need to make it out there sometime. :P
§ol
Mariner

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Darkness fills the ghostly halls. No sound or word disturbs the oppressive silence as a pale, cloaked form drifts through the doors. Malice guides his movements, and death. The little folk have been very unwise since Khamul has last haunted these parts. The revenge will be terrible and merciless, but the Shadow of the East can bide his time. He will deal with the fools later.

It's the festive season again my old friends. Happy holidays to all and I hope everyone has great fortune in the coming Year of the Rat !
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:45 pm

Sol and Khamul---it's been a long time. I didn't know you were still haunting the boards. :twisted:
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:51 pm

Tempest wrote:Sol and Khamul---it's been a long time. I didn't know you were still haunting the boards. :twisted:

Games is my haunt, with the occasional drop in on Books (Other Authors) ;)
§ol
Mariner

Postby Oyarsa » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Mel, m’dear, at least don one of your darker garbs when thou art present in our unhallowed halls. (It makes you less of a target :wink: ) Danke for the b-day wishes. Apologies as always for the rare replies. :-) I hope you are doing okay. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Danke §ol. I went to HI with two other friends. It was sehr wunderbar! :-D Off to Japan in three days. Yup, there’s a reason I’m never around anymore. :oops: So, how are things going with you? Still in CA?
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Oyarsa: I only wear black on April Fool's day. :P It would seem both of us have been too busy with real life obligations to honor our yearly April Fool's day ritual.

Shall we honor it belatedly this year, for old time's sake? Or mark April 1, 2009 on our calendars?

Thank you for your well wishes and prayers. :)

Enjoy your trip to Japan. I'll be sure to have taken over the AMMM fed in your absence. :D
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Making a rare appearance where no one knows me, but Mel, you barely keep up the AML. :P Taking over the AMMM might prove a little difficult if your own backyard is in shambles.

Going now :)
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:40 am

Unfortunately, Riencuran; you have neither the authority nor the ability to remove me from the AMMM or prevent me from initiating a take-over. :P

As to the illustrious White Tower, even when its beloved guardian is absent, it is always well guarded. :P

Now get back over there and scrub those kennels well! I want to see my face shining in them by morning!

If you do not, then Cody Tarquin will be along to rebuke you, I'm sure.

:nono:
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:37 am

I said nothing about removing you. :) I'm simply stating that what you want is an impossible desire.

Did you say illustrious White Tower and beloved guardian?

Have you gotten your eyes checked lately, Mel? I think your senses begin to fail you as old age approaches. :wink:
Last edited by Riencuran on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Riencuran wrote:I said nothing about removing you. I'm simply stating that what you want is an impossible desire.

Nonsense; I can take over this heap of cobblestones at any time I desire. Even the Lady O is too ashamed of the condition of the AMMM Federation to remain here long. So sad, and just when I thought she was going to be able to bring culture to this place. I suppose we should all be thankful that she introduced the napkin to the AMMMers before its end.

Riencuran wrote:Did you say illustrious White Tower and beloved guardian?

Yep. Note especially the glistening Tower of Ecthelion. Remember: Our tower stood even after the demise of our beloved Denethor; yours was reduced to rubble. ;)

Riencuran wrote:Have you gotten your eyes checked lately, Mel? I've your senses begin to fail you as old age approaches.

My eyesight is peachy-keen, thank you. However, your syntax has failed you; your elven years must weigh heavily upon you, Darksider. ;)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:11 am

Mayhap my syntax wouldn't be suffering if I wasn't going to sleep at 2-3AM and waking up at 5-6AM, rather than being kept awake at all hours by controlling, irritating, supercilious lightsiders with delusions of grandeur :)

By the way, how's that dye I gave you for covering up that greying hair of yours? Humans are so fragile in their mortality. ;)
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:35 pm

I believe you made the decision to stay up late; you can log off at any time you desire. :P

I don't give out personal information without seeing your AMMM member badge...and yours expired due to the duration of non-use. I believe you have 1000 gold coins in late fees by now. ;)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Mine didn't expire! I may lurk here, but at least I show up more often than every year :P Unlike one stuck-up Stewardess of a certain Tower that I kept coming to, whereas this particular Stewardess let it fall to shambles.

I should charge you for Tower-sitting :P
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth