The AMMM Federation II

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby skrewball » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:08 pm

bets?? what kind of bets?? lets do one now. it pains me to see such a bright banner in these foul and fetid halls...
skrewball
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:29 pm

The only way Melika would ever don any dark banner at this point would be if the Lady Oyarsa would take the banner of Dale for as long as Melika bore the aforementioned dark banner.

Translation: It's not going to happen. :-P ;-) Just ask Oyarsa how she feels about the Dale banner; she respects it too highly to ever take it, and she certainly would never think of asking a Daler to change his/her banner. ;-)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:00 pm

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:Welcome Home, Oyarsa. (Stay in the Midwest where you belong.

Dearest Illuvatar, I quite agree. Dank sei Gott for the Land of the Sane. No more lacking (in oh so many ways :roll: ) co-workers who are so desperate they jump into bed with any married guy who is willing to sleep with them, no more ill-trained drivers who don't know what a red light is not to mention signal lights, no more having to listen to people constantly complain about the weather (too sunny, not sunny enough, and during the average of FIVE days a year it happens to be cloudy, dearest gods do they complain!), no more having to deal with co-workers who don't know what the 'ON' button is on their computers... *cough* ...okay, so I’m very, very happy to be home. :D

Actually Mel, my kitty did quite well during the trip. It quite surprised me since the trip to CO was quite the trial for her. Mayhap she too is also happy to be home. :wink: :D

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:Show off.

:angel:

skrewball wrote: it pains me to see such a bright banner in these foul and fetid halls...

You know Mel, I rather agree. Why not wear one of your darker personas considering the number that you have? ;) Should you do so, I may wear my TEA persona for a stop in your WT. Should be amusing. *weg* Er, I mean :angel:

Speaking of bets and games, are you EVER going to manage to answer my last trivia question in the KL/LK? If not, mayhap we should move on to a different game, one that will be easier for my dear dilapidated opponent of the Light... ;) :P Seriously though, if you have any ideas...
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:30 pm

Oyarsa: Take a deep breath and smile. (No, that's a sadistic grin...no, that's a politician's insincere smile, no! That was NOT a smile...a smile is, oh, never mind.)

:D

Now, for your immediate stress relief, I demand that you drop whatever you're doing, go directly to the grocery store, purchase some Cherry Garcia, and treat yourself. No, that is NOT an option. The great PM has ordered. :D ;)

Rejoice in that you have left said coworkers behind (though, I have no doubt that there are some coworkers there you will miss, and hopefully you'll be able to keep in contact. :)

I imagine all your MN friends and family are making the rounds and visiting now; you must have missed them terribly when you were in CO. :)

Regarding the KL/LK trivia question: You really do enjoy putting me on a guilt trip...I'll pull out my Nortons and work on it tonight. Yeesh, sometimes you're as bad as a second conscience. :P ;)

*quirks eyebrow* I would likely be interested in suchly...if I do, what would we be doing as TEA? ;)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Jadis » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:09 pm

Dark Character Reporting for duty.

--Melika/Altariel

:D

=:)
Jadis
Petitioner to the Council

Postby skrewball » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:17 am

dark charecter?? youre allied to the stewards!! they were not very bright and perhaps a teensie inbred, but they werent dark!!
skrewball
Ranger of the North

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:25 pm

Dead as can be in here. Just as we like it !
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Oyarsa » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:54 pm

*flops down in chair, tired but content*

My apologies for being away so long, I’ve been running around MN visiting friends and family, not to mention helping to plan my Grandfather’s 90th b-day party :D, and helping my mom and step-father move into their new house. I may be gone for another length of time as I may be visiting my sister in MA.

Dank sei Gott. I’m finally done moving my boxes out of storage and everything is unpacked and is relatively in its permanent place (I’m rather notorious for rearranging things on a regular basis :oops: ). My new apartment is great! :D Mel, feel free to come and visit if you’re ever in MN. I promise again to attempt to show you the way of the ‘Light.’ ;) =:) Seriously though, it’s a really nice apartment. It’s about twice the size of my old place, is on the ninth floor so it has a spectacular view, has an elevator (after moving out of my old place which only had stairs, I’ve discovered the beauty of elevators :D ), has floor to ceiling windows in the living room, a walk-in closet, central air, indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, tennis court, volleyball court, party room, workout center, and an underground heated parking garage. …And to make it completely perfect, it has a Barnes & Noble two blocks away. :D :D :D

Mel, I got your e-mail yester eve, my apologies for the wait. If it makes you feel better, Neithan e-mailed me back near the beginning of October, and I still have not found the time to respond. :oops: I’ll get back to you as soon as I can though. Else, just respond in here. (I hope you see this…)
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:15 am

Skrewball: I have no idea if you'll see this (your last date visited, as of the moment is Oct. 12) but on the chance that you do, I can assure you that Jadis, despite her banner, is a dark character. If you don't believe me, poke around in the KL/LK thread. =:)

Oyarsa: Apology accepted, Captain Needa. =:) ;) (What? :P )

Your grandfather's 90th? Very cool. :D Tell him he has to stick around for another 21 years, and *then* he can visit all the elves he wants. ;) Seriously, I'll bet you're having quite the celebration. :)

*applause at Oyarsa's moving announcement* So, does the new apartment have a fireplace? If so, you forgot to list it. :P

If I'm ever able to get up that way, you can be sure that I'll make arrangements with you for at least a visit, old friend. :)

Barnes & Noble is two blocks away? :Q *is fighting envy*

(I hope you see this…)

Your hope is fulfilled. :D
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:52 pm

Okay then, for wish no. 2, I would like a beachside mansion in Hawaii and a silver Ferrari in the garage. ;)

Nope, although I had a fireplace and balcony in my old place, my new place does not have one. I'd have to live in one of the penthouses on the 17th floor for that, and I'm only on the 9th. :wink: On the other hand, my new place in huge, has a great view, excellent location, and I don't have to pay any utilities. (Granted, it's quite a bit more expensive than my old place :( :shock: , but then again, it's in a more exclusive neighborhood.) Now...about my mansion... :P
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:15 pm

Oyarsa: What do you think I am? A Jinn? :P

*throws hands up in the air in mock exasperation* Elves! :P

Sounds like you've moved into a nice place; how's Munchie adapting?

And I understand perfectly about the email; I know you well enough to know that you'll reply to it when you get a chance. :)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:08 pm

Boy, this place has gotten quiet. :P

I guess I'll just clear away all these depressing black decorations and go for something more tasteful...a painting of Lorien's mallorns, the old Lorien banner, a nice blue color for the walls...get rid of this black shag carpetting...

Extreme makeover. ;-)

Hmm...which book would you rather see made into a movie: Unfinished Tales or The Silmarillion?

Just to get some discussion going. ;) Might as well get this moved to Philosophy before Oyarsa returns....and remove the AML/White Tower's enemy once and for all. =:)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:48 pm

*muses* You know Meli, were you a newbie, I’d be explaining the terminology and definition of ‘spamming.’ ;) By the by, *quirks eyebrow* …what ‘White Tower?’ :P

I would also like to point out that your current persona is an ‘elf.’ :P

Oh dearest Illuvatar, you don’t truly watch ‘Extreme Makeover’ and suchly, do you? ;) :shock:

Let’s see, job, job, job, oh right!… ;) I’ve been working in accounting (yeah, yeah, accounting, I know, sounds boring, but it’s actually pretty interesting working with numbers, not to mention other people’s money. :D ) at a corporate office located here in the cities since early November. It’s weird actually. I started seriously looking after my grandfather’s birthday on 10/19, I went in for an interview for this position on a Wednesday, they called me back for a second interview on Thursday, and they offered me the job on Friday. I honestly did not think it would happen that quickly. Eh, but I’m not complaining either. :D It pays in the mid-30’s so that’s not too bad, and it has a lot of nifty benefits like bonuses and such.

Did I answer everything? Oh yes… Munchie is doing just fine. She really likes looking out the windowed wall of my living room and watching the birds fly by. :D

It’s definitely been a month. *sighs* My grandmother’s last sibling died a week and a half ago. :( She used to have seven brothers and sisters. I can’t imagine what that must feel like. Then one of my cousins lost their second child. The baby was born with severe birth defects at the beginning of October. *shakes head* My grandfather only has three siblings left, out of eleven, and one of them has terminal brain cancer. He’d been given three months to live, and it’s nearly been that long. We are all waiting for the ax to fall… I’m not sure what’s worse. Knowing the amount of time someone has left or waking up one morning and finding a loved one deceased.

So it goes. :|

On the plus side, my sister was able to make it home for Thanksgiving, which was very nice. :) I haven't seen her since last Christmas. Also, I actually made Thanksgiving dinner this year for the first time... and it was actually edible. :Q :D Seriously, it went quite well. I was pleasantly surprised. How did your Thanksgiving go?
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:10 pm

Oyarsa wrote: *muses* You know Meli, were you a newbie, I’d be explaining the terminology and definition of ‘spamming.’ ;) By the by, *quirks eyebrow* …what ‘White Tower?’ :P

The White Tower that currently adorns the boards like a jewel set high upon a crown. :P

Oyarsa wrote:I would also like to point out that your current persona is an ‘elf.’ :P

Are you suggesting that elves don't want to make places Lorien blue? :P

To answer your question, I don't watch "Extreme Makeover" or other 'reality shows'; I'm really not that much of a television person. More of a books & movies person, in that order. :-)

Oyarsa wrote: Let’s see, job, job, job, oh right!… I’ve been working in accounting (yeah, yeah, accounting, I know, sounds boring, but it’s actually pretty interesting working with numbers, not to mention other people’s money. ) at a corporate office located here in the cities since early November. It’s weird actually. I started seriously looking after my grandfather’s birthday on 10/19, I went in for an interview for this position on a Wednesday, they called me back for a second interview on Thursday, and they offered me the job on Friday. I honestly did not think it would happen that quickly. Eh, but I’m not complaining either. It pays in the mid-30’s so that’s not too bad, and it has a lot of nifty benefits like bonuses and such.

Actually, I'd probably enjoy accounting. I'm the sort that keeps track of anything in the checkbook and will be concerned if there's so much as a penny of discrepancy. Kinda anal, I suppose, but 99.9% of the time, there's no problem. I manage the money drawer at work, because the boss knows that I can keep a good eye on where the money goes. (And no, I have not designated a "B&N fund" for myself, to be deducted from the money drawer, yeesh, how dare you insinuate that I can't be trusted. :P )

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoy your job; hopefully the customers and co-workers are being better so far. What are your impressions of your coworkers, boss, more positive than at your old employment, I hope? :)

Oyarsa wrote:Munchie is doing just fine. She really likes looking out the windowed wall of my living room and watching the birds fly by.
Hopefully Munchie has more sense than my cat, who has been known to 'stalk' birds, then pounce at the window...evidently the reasoning is that the glass magically disappears when dinner is on the other side. He's only done it twice, but since he gets very excited/agitated when birds/squirrels appear on the awning outside my window, I'm afraid he'll probably try it again someday...

But, at the moment, he's more agitated over the recent upheavel at the house, as I explained to you via email. :)

Oyarsa wrote: It’s definitely been a month. *sighs* My grandmother’s last sibling died a week and a half ago. She used to have seven brothers and sisters. I can’t imagine what that must feel like. Then one of my cousins lost their second child. The baby was born with severe birth defects at the beginning of October. *shakes head* My grandfather only has three siblings left, out of eleven, and one of them has terminal brain cancer. He’d been given three months to live, and it’s nearly been that long. We are all waiting for the ax to fall… I’m not sure what’s worse. Knowing the amount of time someone has left or waking up one morning and finding a loved one deceased.

Sorry to hear about the death of your great-aunt/uncle and the death of your cousin's child. My prayers will be with your grandmother and your cousin and cousin's spouse. I know how torn up I would be if anything happened to my sister. Yet, somehow a death feels worse when it involves a baby. :( Hopefully your grandfather's brother will live longer than expected, at least. Who knows? They might discover a drug that will alleviate the symptoms with more accuracy or even cure it between now and then. If I may be permitted to quote from The Lord of the Rings, "Where there's life, there's hope." :)

Oyarsa wrote:On the plus side, my sister was able to make it home for Thanksgiving, which was very nice. I haven't seen her since last Christmas. Also, I actually made Thanksgiving dinner this year for the first time... and it was actually edible. Seriously, it went quite well. I was pleasantly surprised. How did your Thanksgiving go?

Glad to hear that your sister was able to make it home for thanksgiving, I'm sure you both had quite a bit of catching up to do, somehow chatting on the phone just doesn't cut it with close friends and relations.

You made Thanksgiving dinner? :Q *playfully ducks* I confess, I haven't had the opportunity to sample your cooking, so I'll neither praise nor censure, however, if your family liked it, I'm sure you did well. :) My Thanksgiving was busy, greeting relatives and such, and the entire weekend was...eventful. Check your email. :)

You still haven't answered the movie question. :P
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:29 pm

Okay, let’s see…

Movie question: Definitely The Silmarillion! :D What about you?

By the by, kidding. Truly. I have nothing against people who watch reality tv. I’ve been known to see a few episodes of ‘Survivor.’ Though I’ve never actually managed to see an entire series. *shakes head* I just don’t watch that much tv, so I always lose track of what is going on, be it a regular tv show or reality. Now I do truly enjoy Stargate SG-1 and some of the StarTreks; however, the only way I could figure out what was going on was to purchase them on DVD. Then I could watch them at my leisure. :D

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:The White Tower that currently adorns the boards like a jewel set high upon a crown.

:P Yeah, whatever. Hello, ‘edit!’ :P *plucks minute off-White Tower off its sand pile* Yup, just what I thought. Jewel? Nah, it's all paste and processed fish scales… ;)

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:I'm very glad to hear that you enjoy your job; hopefully the customers and co-workers are being better so far. What are your impressions of your coworkers, boss, more positive than at your old employment, I hope?

Ask me in a year. I’ll have a much better perspective. Currently, I’m withholding judgment, though tentatively, I’m quite pleased. :D

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:Actually, I'd probably enjoy accounting. I'm the sort that keeps track of anything in the checkbook and will be concerned if there's so much as a penny of discrepancy. Kinda anal, I suppose, but 99.9% of the time, there's no problem. I manage the money drawer at work, because the boss knows that I can keep a good eye on where the money goes. (And no, I have not designated a "B&N fund" for myself, to be deducted from the money drawer, yeesh, how dare you insinuate that I can't be trusted.

Me? Insinuate? Nah... ;) I totally agree though, I have my entire budget, every expense and all, loaded into Microsoft Money and spreadsheets. Quite fun. :D Money drawer? I thought you left your other jobs and were just working at the school library?

Rec’d e-mail. Will respond likewise. ;)
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:02 am

Khamul wafts in, spreading putrifaction wherever his shadow passes, ruining PM's tacky makeover.

Khamul drifts out. :wink:
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Úlairë » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:49 am

If I want to join this guild, what I must do? I am totally confused...

...And I want to join this Guild :P
Úlairë
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:25 pm

Taking a short break from my Christmas preparations to serenade you unworthy, rascally do-evilers. :D

*ahem*

The First Nazgul, ol' Gandalf did say
Came to certain poor hobbits in fields where they lay.
In fields where they lay, lay keeping a ring.
On a cold Autumn ni-ight that wa-us so deep.
"Nazgul, Nazgul!" "Nazgul, Nazgul!"
Get under cover and let it pass by.

What? What? Put those knives away. :P

On the first day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me,
the One Ring to rule them all.
On the second day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me,
Two Silent Watchers and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the third day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me,
Three elvish lords, two silent watchers and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the fourth day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me,
Four frightened hobbits, three elvish lords, two silent watchers and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the fifth day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me,
Five Istari! Four frightened hobbits, three elvish lords, two silent watchers and a rather shiny gold-en ring.
On the sixth day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me,
Six orcs a slinking five Istari! Four frightened hobbits, three elvish lords, two silent watchers, and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the seventh day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me
Seven Palantirs for spying, six orcs a slinking, five Istari! four frightened hobbits three elvish lords, two silent watchers, and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the eigth day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me
Eight fiery balrogs, seven palantirs for spying six orcs a slinking five Istari! four frightened hobbits three elvish lords, two silent watchers, and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the ninth day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me
Nine nasty nazgul, eight fiery balrogs, seven palantirs for spying, six orcs a slinking, five Istari! four frightened hobbits three elvish lords, two silent watchers, and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the tenth day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me
Ten spiders slinking, nine nasty nazgul, eight fiery balrogs, seven palantirs for spying, six orcs a slinking, five Istari! four frightened hobbits three elvish lords, two silent watchers, and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the eleventh day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me
Eleven fell beasts snarling, ten spiders slinking, nine nasty nazgul, eight fiery balrogs, seven palantirs for spying, six orcs a slinking, five Istari! four frightened hobbits three elvish lords, two silent watchers, and the One Ring to rule them all.
On the Twelfth day of Christmas Oyarsa gave to me
Twelve hobbits eating, eleven fell beasts snarling, ten spiders slinking, nine nasty nazgul, eight fiery balrogs, seven palantirs for spying, six orcs a slinking, five Istari! four frightened hobbits three elvish lords, two silent watchers, and the One Ring to rule them all.

Ok, ok, one more and I'll go...

*takes one look at the denizens and leaves, not harassed, harmed or killed in any way imaginable by man, elf, dwarf, hobbit, maia or vala, and arrives safely at her apartment in the White Tower.*

EDIT: Úlairë: To join, you must praise the Mistress of the White Tower (myself, and publicly notate and have me witness a statement that the white tower is ever so much nicer than this place of wanna-be evil types. :D

*stomps on the Shadow of the East* :P

Oyarsa: I *DID* reply to the most recent post in this thread on my last visit---or thought I did, either it never got sent or the board ate my post---so I will reply more completely in another EDIT. I think I hear something on the roof, so I'm off...;)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:20 pm

*applauds*

Now that was excellent! :D Superbly done, Mel. Cheers all!! *raises wine glass* May this new year bring you all into the Night where you belong. ;) Happy New Year! :D :D :D

:drink:

By the by, also…

Happy Birthday Melika! :D May this newly awakened year find you well and bring you peace and happiness. Take care, my friend. :) FYI, you also have a thread in the Bird/Baby Forum. ;)

Úlairë, please do ignore the dearly deluded jester of the Light, namely Melika. Although entertaining, she oft knows not of what she speaks. ;) Hmm… in order to join this alliance, I do believe I shall request a story of you. …An rp post of your journeys for the furthering of the Night.

edit: Melika, did you just stomp on the Shadow of the East? :Q Well, that's quite a change from the hugs. ;) LOL!

Khamul: :hug: to you. :P
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessMelika » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:36 pm

Oyarsa wrote:*applauds*

Now that was excellent! :D Superbly done, Mel. Cheers all!! *raises wine glass* May this new year bring you all into the Night where you belong. ;) Happy New Year! :D :D :D

:drink:

By the by, also…

Happy Birthday Melika! :D May this newly awakened year find you well and bring you peace and happiness. Take care, my friend. :) FYI, you also have a thread in the Bird/Baby Forum. ;)

Úlairë, please do ignore the dearly deluded jester of the Light, namely Melika. Although entertaining, she oft knows not of what she speaks. ;) Hmm… in order to join this alliance, I do believe I shall request a story of you. …An rp post of your journeys for the furthering of the Night.

edit: Melika, did you just stomp on the Shadow of the East? :Q Well, that's quite a change from the hugs. ;) LOL!

Khamul: :hug: to you. :P

Great, now I'm back to being entertainment for you diabolical types. :P

What, no "Happy Birthday Melika" announcement in the title? :P Next you'll be telling me that you only do that for your dark-side members. ;) Thanks for the wishes, seriously. :)

Sorry for the delay, been having log in troubles for the past week as well as trying to make sure everything is in order for graduation and my next semester at grad school and my new apartment. I'm just counting my blessings because I've yet been forced to drive down to my undergrad institution to straigten things out...*knock on wood*

and I think the Lady O lost yet another newbie...and you can't blame that loss on me, for methinks she was gone before I posted. :P

Yes, stomping on Khamuls'shadow...he needs to remember that not all here are of darkness. =:)

I'll be sending you an email giving you an update on everything tomorrow. :)
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:04 pm

Look at all these young whipper snappers. Think they know how to throw a drunken revelry. :roll:

:);) How's it, my evil friends? Still causing havoc?
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby The_Elven_Angel » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:59 pm

Rune subtly shivered as another icy wind scraped across her exposed face, skittering beneath her clothing to play across the bare skin beneath. With a sigh, she silently cursed the season of winter, wistfully thinking of the beautiful warmth of the previous autumn. Though the winter thus far had been mild, the new year had awakened with a vengeance, and the waxing month lumbered on in icy delight. Muddy clouds spread across the sky, leaching the little color along the landscape, turning everything into shades of gray. Her mount trudged on, head down with eyes partially closed and body braced against the wind. Their breath hung in translucent clouds, wavering then vanishing. There seemed to be no other living creature about, yet the wanderer had felt eyes upon her for the last several marks. Growling beneath her breath, she started looking for a place to cover down for the approaching night.

Melika: Great, now I'm back to being entertainment for you diabolical types.

What, you mean you stopped? :Q ;)

*sighs* So things have been busy. :D Although in general I enjoy being busy. Sounds like it's been the same for you. Btw, I don't believe I ever received your e-mail... ;) :P Yet, to be fair, I don't believe I've responded yet to your last one. :oops: Apologies. Did I mention that I had bought a leather bound edition of LotR w/ that B&N gift card you sent me? Danke, danke, danke!!! :D It's lovely. I've been looking at that for ages... :D

Was that a Hamlet sighting? :Q

Slanders, sir: for the satirical rogue says here, that old men have gray beards; that their faces are wrinkled; their eyes purging thick amber and plum-tree gum; and that they have a plentiful lack of wit, together with most weak hams; all which, sir, though I most powerfully and potently believe, yet I hold it not honesty to have it thus set down; for yourself, sir, shall grow old as I am, if like a crab, you could go backward.

Apologies for the tardiness of my response. If you're still around, how're you doing m'friend? School, life, work, etc. going well?
The_Elven_Angel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby hamlet » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:00 pm

Yes, I do believe that was me. Either that, or my good intentioned twin.

:)

Happy Sunday all!

Oh boy, I need another drink . . .
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Oyarsa » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:04 pm

*tosses Hamlet a flask of morgul brandy*

Whyfor the need of a drink?

...although after last week, I could use a drink as well. ;) :)
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:48 pm

Oyarsa, good to see you again! :)

Unfortunately, I need a drink thanks to my new job. I'm an intern/administrative aide for one of the directors of BAE Systems and, after about a week on the job, I still have no idea what I'm doing. No clue whatsoever.

I'd feel guilty about taking their money, but they haven't paid me yet.

*shrug*

It's a paying job until something else comes along.

How are you doing? Anything new and interesting?
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Oyarsa » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:48 pm

Always nice to see a friendly, familiar face as well, Hamlet. :) Heyla, congrats on the new job! :D It's always a nifty change to earn money instead of spending it on student loans ;) (those of which I'm still paying off... ) So have you graduated from college/grad school then? Eh, and no worries, the first several weeks on a new job tend to usually be a purely circuitous search for the 'meaning' or purpose of the job. Think of it as a paid 'treasure hunt.' j/k. Seriously though, as I started a new job in November, I sympathize. Do you enjoy your new job, or is it something to tide you over until you find something you like?

Hmm... let's see. I moved back to MN (and I am very, very happy to be back :D ), and my new job is in accounting. Things have been extremely busy, but enjoyable.

On a side note, I rather like some of the new emoticons...

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

:club:

:angeldevil:
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:36 pm

Do I "like" the job? Well . . . I like the fact that I can collect very large checks every other Friday, and that I have every other Friday off. But I don't like the location (about 20 miles east through major traffic) and I don't like the setting (a software engineering department situated in a massive cubicle farm. It seems that for the last week, my job has consisted entirely of bugging actual engineers with stupid questions that my boss doesn't have time to ask. In that way, it's fun to see the frazzled fellows go over the edge when they realize what you're asking them. :angry: :argue: :coolit: :eye:

But, my boss has made perfectly clear that the job is temporary until I find something better, and he also told me he hired me for one reason: that at my last job, when they asked me to do something unethical, I told them to stick it. :club:
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby PrincessMelika » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:46 am

Hey Hamlet. Sorry to hear about the job troubles. Hopefully you'll work out your "niche" at that position or find a job that matches your interests and aptitudes.

Oyarsa, don't even remind me about student loans...I don't even want to think about it. :Q :pull:

On a happier note, I'm loving the Tolkien class I'm taking...especially since the prof doesn't take any excuses from the other students...makes everyone work, but I like that in a prof. :-D

:happydance: :horse:

Oh, yeah, and did I mention my niece is adorable? :D Oh, right...never sent you a pic, did I? Would you like one? :)

Should I or shouldn't I?

:angeldevil:

*paints Kham's old room Energizer bunny pink, for old times sake* :P

Too late. I did. =:)
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:09 pm

Splatters the pink walls blood red by bashing PM repeatedly in the head with nail-encrusted mace

Some people will never learn :P A belated Happy New Year all !
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Oyarsa » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:37 pm

Well, I have a bit of news… Though where to begin?

Firstly, my mother was laid off from work. Another company bought out the company she works for, and many of the supervisors have lost their jobs due to the change in management. Due to her many health problems, she was probably at the top of the list to go, regardless of the fact she had countless excellent reviews and was considered one of the best supervisors there. Now since she has numerous health conditions, she needs to be on a group health insurance since individual coverage is restrictive and costly, especially to individuals like her. I fervently hope she is able to find another job before her two months of extended health coverage run out.

I’m not sure how to say this, perhaps because I’m not sure how I feel about it. I never thought that at age 26 that I was even susceptible to this, although logically, anyone is, regardless of age. I don’t smoke, I rarely drink, and I’m in decent shape, physically. All in all, I’ve always been pretty healthy. At my last bi-yearly physical exam in September, my doctor told me she found some abnormal cells in one of my cultures. She told me I should come back as soon as I could so that she could check to see if my results were the same. As I was in the midst of my move to MN, that was not possible. Basically I forgot, and then when I remembered, I had to find a new provider here in MN. I finally made an appointment which was in early February, and unfortunately, they found the same results, only it was now classified as ‘severe.’ Apparently, I have ‘severe dysplasia,’ in other words pre-cancerous growth. My doctors want me to come back right away in order to have a biopsy so they can see how far it has spread and whether it is malignant or benign. I told my family, and they are all quite ‘anxious,’ to put it mildly. “To have surgery, or not to have surgery…” yeah, yeah I know, I lean towards levity when stressed out. My mom and grandma are both mad at me because I keep making jokes about this.

Honestly, I’m not sure if I care if I have cancer. *shrugs* I have never feared death.
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth