The AMMM Federation II

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby PrincessMelika » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:36 pm

*removes nails that became dislodged from nail-embedded mace from head* Eww....*bandages head in 15 layers of bandages*

Careful Khammie-bear, you might have killed me. :-P

Oyarsa: :( How terrible. I've never been laid off, but I've had relations who had, and it's a very stressful, trying time. My sympathies go with you and your mother, and I will be praying that she is able to find new employment and your health improves for both of you. Let me know how things continue to go from you.

*slips away to make secret plans; plans undetectable by even Oyarsa Elentari, who among all the denizens herein, knows Melika the best. :P *
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Tue May 31, 2005 10:28 am

Too little, far, far too late, but I still want to wish you the best (a few months after the fact >.<) Oyarsa. If you drop in, please let us know how things are going.

And from March to May, and a single post therein? My how the mighty have fallen.
§ol
Mariner

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:05 am

I must add my own concern to Sol's. It's been an extremely busy year and I've not been doing much writing online. However, I hope everything has worked out for you Oyarsa. Life is sometimes difficult and it's most important to treasure the time we have. Last month I found out my stepfather of 25 years has inoperable stomach cancer, which was quite a shock. He's been given 1 -3 years to live and thankfully is doing very well at the moment. I'm returning to Canada this summer and will spend some time with him. Again, I hope things have turned out positive for you, Oyarsa. You were always one of my favourite people on this site and even though we have never met I can tell you a very remarkable person.
Take care.
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:20 am

The site won't let me edit. What I meant to say was you're a very remarkable person.
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessMelika » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:56 pm

Oyarsa: I have no idea if you even read the AMMM anymore, but if you read it on occasion and are just too tired to reply, I just wanted to let you know that as you go through the trials of each day, you have loyal friends both on and off the board.

If you ever feel like ranting, or bashing PM about, what have you, feel free to do so.

Take care of yourself, get enough sleep, don't let Khamul get near you with a wraith blade (yes, you're a darksider, but you never know what practical jokes he might pull....:-P) and above all NO EATING PICKLED DALE FINGERS! :x They are very bad for your health. I speak as a medical professional on that one. ;-)

Seriously, take care, and I hope to see you around sometime. :-)

--PM
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Greetings from afar

Postby The_Necromancer » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:19 am

(a figure solidifies from the shadows. appears to have a dumbfounded look on his face)

WOW looks like im not the only one with troubles. kinda makes my life probs pail into insignificance. im not gonna ask how is everyone cause i allredy know.

Oh hi im back. long time no post good to c some regulars stuck arround hopefully im back for good so you all will b seeing me arround :twisted:
The_Necromancer
Shield Bearer

Postby The_Necromancer » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:35 am

uh guys HELOOO........ HEloo ....... Heloo ....heloo .................. :shock: ECHO .......ECho ...... Echo ......echo ............... :D humm no one arround time to cause some mischief :twisted:

(puts hands together just under chin and rythematicly taps fingers together)

eeexelent
The_Necromancer
Shield Bearer

Postby §ol » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:25 am

"Regulars" is a figure of speech. I think most of us drop in every now and again, having found new haunting grounds.
§ol
Mariner

Postby §ol » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:47 pm

A coating of dust and ash had settled undisturbed over every surface of the citadel during his long absence. Pausing a moment before entering the outer chamber, §ol readied a long knife should he find any untoward surprises. He had been at sea for a long time, searching for meaning in his existance. He had been chosen by Melkor long ago, when possessed by the power that lead him to kill his best friend. The power that had led his father to try to murder him. The power that had cost him his eye. Gingerly, he reached up to trace the star shaped scar that haloed the puckered cavity.

Sighing, his hand dropped and he took a step forward, clouds of dust billowing up with every step. As he ventured further into the citadel, his steps echoed hollowly throughout the corridors unanswered. While there was no signs of life, neither were there signs of battle. It was as if everyone had simply disappeared.

Cautiously, he stepped into the antechamber, staring into the great hall. As if trapped in stasis, the table was set, the chairs were in place, but naught a soul was to be found. The once great army had been reduced to nothing. Whence they had gone was beyond §ol's knowledge. Sighing heavily, he resheathed his knife and strode into the hall.

With a few words and a pointed hand, the fireplace flared up once more, casting shadows throughout the abandoned hall. As if to answer the fire that danced upon the logs, the candles, covered with cobwebs and grey with age, also flared to life. Stepping up to the table, it seemed that the food had not spoiled, nor had the wine soured with time. It was as if time had not passed for what was contained within, but merely that those who had once partook of the favors of this great chamber were no longer present, and it stood waiting for its masters to return.

Grabbing a chalice of wine, §ol strode to the head of the table and emptied the goblet onto the tiles. He slammed it onto the table and grasped another, wetting his parched throat in order to clear it.

"My comrades, I know not where you have departed to, nor whether you should return. But for now, I merely wait. I am home."

But naught was there to answer him but the crackle of the flame and the dancing of shadows. However, for followers of Melkor, one could not ask for any other.

OOC: Cheers, folks, should anyone else be around :)
§ol
Mariner

Postby Vercelestarrioler » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:41 am

Just caught this one going off into another page....glad to see it still around though....Where are all the Dark Threads? I just saw SNW's Mordor Thread lingering in the midst somewhere up there....but...what happened to all the Followers? I see the AML no longer around, which is good news....but. :evil:

Remember, MELKOR LIVES :twisted:

Lord V.
Vercelestarrioler
Mariner

Postby §ol » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:09 pm

People just fell by the wayside, although I'm sure that many would be pleased to see your visage around here once more. As for what happened in general, the site hit upon a major Christan overtones era, and also had a crackdown from the mods which ended with a number of people choosing to leave the site. Then the movies finished, so new people stopped flooding in, and traffic has simply dwindled away. Good to see you again, though.
§ol
Mariner

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:59 pm

I'm very pleased, for one, to see V rise once more from the ashes ! I seemed to have missed all the Christian&mod controversies, Sol. Sounds interesting ! For yours truly I'm simply too busy these days to post in anything but the most haphazard and delayed fashion. Such is life.
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:49 pm

Indeed it is. And yet we all manage to post on the same day ;)

And sorry, I've been meaning to post this, but I spoke to Oyarsa a week or two ago. It looks like she's going to be making it through fine. :)
§ol
Mariner

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:14 pm

A mere coincidence, Sol. It's very good news to hear Oyarsa is doing better and will be ok. Excuse me, I have to lurch back into the shadows.
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessMelika » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:35 am

Happy Birthday Oyarsa (ok, so I'm one day late. So sue me.) :P :P :P

Please click on the link to visit her birthday thread. :)
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby Silver_Magiccraft » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:02 pm

(I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda at least.

It's been over two years, and I'm still listed on the front page, that makes me happy.

Now...I feel like telling you all about my boring life.

I'm a junior in high school, and just switched to a charter school, this was the only way I could graduate a year early, and take JC classes too. Yes, I'm graduating a year early and taking JC classes at the same time.

Besides that...I CAN DRIVE!!!! And am addicted to coffee worse than ever. I live at Starbucks...And can because I go into class once a week (TH) and have all online classes except for the two on TH.

I recently decided I've been deprived of good rps, and went to look this site up, as I'm one computer and one hard drive away from the computer I had back when I was on this site originally...And I'd like to apologize for my extended absence.)

Silver looked around warily, noticing the lack of people and not as suprised as she would be if she hadn't stopped by some of her other old guilds first.

Her voice seemed to echo as she called out, "Hello? I'm back. I've been training in the wilderness for these last few years. Is anyone still here?"

Sighing, Silver decided to look around some more. Hopefully she'd find some sort of life somewhere, or at lease a sign of it.

"I hope I have not lost yet more comrades to the echos of time and the will of fate."
Silver_Magiccraft
Shield Bearer

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:48 pm

SM: Congratulations on being so close to finishing high school. Yeep, that seems like eons ago, though it's not even five years for me... :roll:

Most of the oldbies and middlebies have moved on due to real life responsibilities and obligations, though the denizens of evil still pop in now and pretend to be cruel and diabolical once more. :P
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:19 pm

Shadows shifted, dancing with the pale lines of moonlight, as night’s cloak fell softly, encompassing the land. Time shivered as movement rippled through the quietude, and a breeze brought news of many things to come. A lone figure paced silently across the dry parched land, darkness within darkness, and yet, a flame still flickered.

Oyarsa entered the cool marble halls, black gloved hands touching, reminiscing. Though no dust swathed furniture and adornment and all was in pristine repair, the silent halls spoke eloquently of long absences and memories forgotten. With a weary sigh, the Lady of the Hall, paced into the inner recesses, pausing to kindle a fire within the hearth of the great hall. It had been a long absence. Experience had aged her soul, leaving new scars and lessening old ones. Forever a wanderer, she knew this stay would not be permanent, and yet, at this moment, she was at peace, content to remain.

Hmmm, I don’t know Melika, things look quiet on the boards. From my albeit very brief glance, there is no longer the rapid posting and turnover of pages that I remember. Mayhap a good thing, since it did not take long for me to find the AMMM. :D Is anyone still around? §ol, Khamul, Anya, Lord V? Do they still post on the boards, or has RL stolen them away as well as it did me?

How has RL been treating you, Mel? I believe you already graduate from graduate school this spring? Goodness, time truly does go quickly. Have you finished up that graduate coarse you alluded to in the KL/LK? I believe you said your second graduate course began in March? *winks* How’s that sanity of yours? =:) By the by, I believe in your last e-mail you said something about ‘turning to the Dark Side?’ :eye:

Things are finally quieting IRL. Dark sei Gott. My grandfather is still in the nursing home, though we hope he can come home soon. My grandmother is out of the hospital, her surgery went well, for which I am thankful. I go in for another surgery in April, but as I have had this done once before, I am not worried. Apparently the pre-cancerous growths keep coming back, and they have to keep removing them. *shrugs* My doctor said that 98% of the time, the first treatment is enough since they caught it early. I guess I am in that 2%, where there is recurrence. I told my doctor that in that case, I was going to go play the lottery. Darn, I think someone already won that big jackpot… :(

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:Most of the oldbies and middlebies have moved on due to real life responsibilities and obligations, though the denizens of evil still pop in now and pretend to be cruel and diabolical once more. :P

You know Melika, methinks 'tis time to go sharpen some pointy metal equipment... :angel:
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:00 pm

Yes, the boards have slowed down; I honestly haven't been keeping up with TORC very much in over a year. Graduate school tends to cut down on one's messageboarding activity. Which is probably a good thing for me. ;)

Eh, you never would have bothered to post in the AMMM Fed if I hadn't reminded you in the KL/LK. :P ;) :D

No, I don't graduate from graduate school until this summer. Then, I'll actually be done with my degree. :Q :Q :Q Yes, my second graduate course for this semester began a few weeks ago. Someone who scheduled our classes thought it would be great fun for us to take them directly back to back. Meaning that the last weekend in February and the first weekend in March I spent 16 hours (Sat and Sun) both weekends in a classroom. Thirty-two hours in all. Whee! :horse:

My sanity? It's still in Hawaii, and I understand from a recent postcard from my sanity that your sanity has been a house-guest of my sanity for the past three and a half years. You'd think by now your sanity would pay rent. :P

"Dark Side": I guess you never saw Return of the Jedi...my exact quote was: "Never, I'll never turn to the Dark Side", which is Luke Skywalker's defiance to the Emperor. He then (stupidly) throws his lightsaber away. This in turn allows him to be nearly become a rather fried Luke Skywalker as the Emperor expresses his sincere disappointment in Luke's choice. If you haven't seen it; I'm not going to mention how it ends. :P

Viel gluck with your April surgery. Keep me posted. :hug:

Heck, let's get all the AMMMers in on a group hug! (Remember, Khamul is the pink one) -->:grouphug:

Pointy Metal Equipment? You mean like the pewter figurines in the Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit game? Did anyone ever show you how easily those things can be bent? :P:D;)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Fallen_Angel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:18 pm

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:My sanity? It's still in Hawaii, and I understand from a recent postcard from my sanity that your sanity has been a house-guest of my sanity for the past three and a half years. You'd think by now your sanity would pay rent. :P

You know, m’dear, I do believe my sanity, wits, and mind were all present long before your sanity managed to find its way there. I’m not sure what directions you gave it, but your sanity has a poor sense of direction. :wink: :D

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:"Dark Side": I guess you never saw Return of the Jedi...my exact quote was: "Never, I'll never turn to the Dark Side", which is Luke Skywalker's defiance to the Emperor. He then (stupidly) throws his lightsaber away. This in turn allows him to be nearly become a rather fried Luke Skywalker as the Emperor expresses his sincere disappointment in Luke's choice. If you haven't seen it; I'm not going to mention how it ends. :P

Uh huh. Who was it going on about ‘her precious’ in the KL/LK? Methinks you’re closer than you think… =:)

Altariel_the_Wise wrote:Heck, let's get all the AMMMers in on a group hug! (Remember, Khamul is the pink one) -->:grouphug:

*chuckles* Goodness, what memories that brings up. I do remembering coining that phrase shortly after the admins added that amusing little emoticon. Khamul made quite the adorable hot-pink ringwraith. :D

You know, my friend, we need to go over the proper materials for weapons once more. I know you Lightsiders like your pewter, but honestly. No wonder so many of you end up as orc-fodder in here. :Q :P

- Oyarsa
Fallen_Angel
Shield Bearer

Postby Khamul'sshadow » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:19 pm

Careful ladies, you never know who is watching :twisted: As I distinctly recall, wraiths are a ghostlike dark grey. You both must be ingesting once again some strange variety of Fangorn mushroom :P I'm glad to see things are on the upswing for you, Oyarsa. Hopefully come April the doctors will cure you once and for all. Yours truly is ending his time in Mexico ( its been five years ). My next assignment is in Malaysia, which I'm very pleased and excited about. The school looks great and there's so many interesting places to travel to in that part of the world. Just for starters, I'd say Cambodia, India and Indonesia. I believe I'll be in southeast Asia for quite some time ! That's all for now.
Khamul'sshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Oyarsa » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:35 pm

My very dear Khamul’sshadow, you will always be the AMMM’s very own huggable (and in many people’s opinion, fluorescent pink) ringwraith. ;) :) Hmm…and I always thought §ol was spiking our hot cocoa with something… :Q :D

Thank you, and everyone else, for your kind sentiments. It is truly appreciated. :)

Goodness, has it really been five years? :Q I bet it has been an extraordinary experience in Mexico. Best of luck in Malaysia! :D You really get around!
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:20 pm

Oyarsa wrote:My very dear Khamul’sshadow, you will always be the AMMM’s very own huggable (and in many people’s opinion, fluorescent pink) ringwraith. ;) :) Hmm…and I always thought §ol was spiking our hot cocoa with something… :Q :D

Nah. I'm old enough to drink straight legally now. What's the point in spiking anything? That's just a waste of good alcohol ;)

Best of luck with your work, Kham. Sounds very interesting. :)
§ol
Mariner

Postby Altariel_the_Wise » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:55 pm

Oyarsa wrote:You know, m’dear, I do believe my sanity, wits, and mind were all present long before your sanity managed to find its way there. I’m not sure what directions you gave it, but your sanity has a poor sense of direction. :wink: :D

I don't know what you're talking about; my sanity has an excellent sense of direction; a bad sense of time, but no sanity's perfect. :wink:

Oyarsa wrote:Uh huh. Who was it going on about ‘her precious’ in the KL/LK? Methinks you’re closer than you think… =:)

Oyarsa, you're beginning to remind me of one of those cheesy villains from those old black and white newsreels, or even a Saturday morning cartoon villain:

Lady Oyarsa: "At last! PM is saying phrases like "my precious" in other threads! My potion in the drink I served her in 2004 is finally working. Victory is mine!" What's that? She's still not dark? Curses, foiled again! Next episode, PM, next episode!!!!"

And who said I use pewter in any of my weapons? I believe twas you who made that assumption. You only said "pointy metal objects" which can mean anything from a nail file to a sewing needle to a sword to a knife. :P

Khammie: You will always be remembered as the most huggable ringwraith. :D Congratulations on the new job and locale. I hope the transition to Malaysia goes well for you. :)
Altariel_the_Wise
Shield Bearer

Postby Oyarsa » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:18 pm

You know §ol, m’dear, you’re absolutely correct. Although personally, I do enjoy mixed drinks of a kind. Now where is that alcohol when I need it. :drink:

Melika/Altariel: I happen to like watching those cheesy Saturday morning cartoons occasionally! :wink: It reminds me of your antics in that Popsicle stick stand you call the White Tower. :P *chuckles* And your little rant reminded me of that cartoon, Pinky and the Brain. “What will we be doing next week, Brain?” “Why, PM, er, Pinky, we’ll be taking over the world!” :wink: :D

Ah memories, you know, back in college in Behavioral Psychology, we had to train a rat to play soccer, or at least have him push the ping pong ball into the net. We named him Pinky, after that cartoon laboratory rat.

Actually Mel, I believe I said ‘pointy metal equipment.’ Now when we of the Night make an allusion to equipment, we tend to be referring to weapons and the like. Obviously you peasants of the Light are more, hmm, simple and domestic, and think merely of toys and trinkets. :wink: I rest my case as to why so many of you become orc fodder. At least you’re nutritious!
:D =:)
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:22 am

Oyarsa wrote:Actually Mel, I believe I said ‘pointy metal equipment.’ Now when we of the Night make an allusion to equipment, we tend to be referring to weapons and the like. Obviously you peasants of the Light are more, hmm, simple and domestic, and think merely of toys and trinkets.

Well, except for me, who tends to think a dirtier sheen of black. >.> <.< ;)
§ol
Mariner

Postby Oyarsa » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:33 am

*Quirks eyebrow and is about to ask...and then decides she'd rather eat her 'Ben & Jerry's icecream* :D 8)

...me? Posting from work? Nah... :oops:
Oyarsa
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessMelika » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:39 am

*passes a bottle of rootbeer to Oyarsa* Someone ordered a drink? :angel: :wink:

I haven't seen Saturday morning cartoons in ages; being scheduled to work Saturdays for 6 years tends to have that effect. :roll: Are there any decent SMCs these days?

*chuckles* And how did 'Pinky' do in the maze? Was his namesake more intelligent than the celebrity cartoon rat? :D

Eh, and when I wrote that, I was thinking of OldTimey Strong Bad in HomeStarRunner. (www.homestarrunner.com) It's an Internet cartoon; every now and then, the creators of the site do a 30s era cartoon with the characters they've created.

....and how exactly would Oyarsa Elentari know whether a human or elf is nutitritious? Abandoning our principles, are we? Or merely relying on hearsay? ;) :P

Posting from work, eh? I see someone likes to live dangerously on Fridays. ;)
PrincessMelika
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:46 pm

PrincessMelika wrote:*passes a bottle of rootbeer to Oyarsa* Someone ordered a drink? :angel: :wink:

I haven't seen Saturday morning cartoons in ages; being scheduled to work Saturdays for 6 years tends to have that effect. :roll: Are there any decent SMCs these days?

Only cartoons worth watching are on Adult Swim (with the occasional Toonami thrown in - JLU, for example). As well as various anime.
§ol
Mariner

Postby Silver_Magiccraft » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:25 pm

I think I must have the worst timing ever. I keep on missing people.

School is crazy...or is it just that I wait until the last minute to complete everything? And my parents are making me walk. I do not want to...But I have to. Poor me.

Anime on tv? Unless you're watching a channel that really doesn't cut anything it's not worth it except for seeing if you like the basics...I like to rent anime, since then you can watch it and be extra sure they really didn't cut anything.

I have to stay up until 10 or I'll regret it. I must stay up until 10! *repeats this for the next hour and a half*
Sayonara

~~Silv~~
Silver_Magiccraft
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth