The RWSG Coffee and Tea House! Welcome :)

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Bree379 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:12 am

Giliath, your painting is WONDERFUL. I wish I could do something like that, I absolutely love it!

Well guys, I've been in a state of unabashed bliss since saturday when I met Elijah Wood and Sean Astin. They both signed my beautiful Lord of the Rings book! *happy dance* I totally love Mardi Gras, it rocks my socks off! :D

But it has also kept me from coming in here and checking up, and I missed quite a bit!

Cota Rica, woah baby. They'll never know what hit em after you two blow through. ;) That's awesome though, sounds like a blast! As long as you're not ill from eating a cookie with fuzzy black stuff in it. Sounds an awful lot like mold... ICK

*sigh* All this Gathering talk makes me sad. Of course... hopefully next summer I'll be interning in New York, and that's not THAT far away from Toronto... but I'll also have no $$. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

And I guess I'm off to do something now... maybe I'll eat :)
Bree379
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:16 pm

Hi, y'all...
Remember me?

Forgive me for butting into your guild, but during the last TORCquake, Estel said *Goodbye*
I am sad to see that. Do you know if she has plans for returning or was that all she wrote?
If you can contact her, tell her I'm sorry it came to such an end and that I wish her and Steve a very, very happy life together.

I miss her. :cry:
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Dianora » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:42 am

Satch has ordered Estel to continue posting here, even though she have left TORC. (She was going to keep posting in the RP anyway, just didn't know if she would continue here as well or just try to talk to you guys through im, ym, b77 and email). Though she always follow Satch's orders (though sometimes her reaction time to them is much delayed) she will not continue posting here and in the RP. She loves you guys and she loves what you've built so much.

Giliath and others: Steve offered to move the entire RP and OOC to another site for you, and you should probably take him up on that, now that she has been banned. It wouldn't be such a big thing if she were the only one, but the list is about 20 people long, none of whom have violated the terms of service. It includes, Laureanna, Wilma, Iavas, Sassafras, Yovargas, all of Estels IDs, Jnyusa, Athrabeth, halplm, Rebecca, Winged_Balrog, Rodia, Berhael, Voronwe, AlatarVinyamar, Farawen, gimli_axe_wielder and Eruname.

Calma - Truly sorry that you are no longer able to contact Estel, as she no longer has any way of giving you her email.
Last edited by Dianora on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dianora
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Giliath » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:58 pm

First of all, hi there Calma! Looks like Estel answered your question for herself, but I wanted to give you the old "How's it going?" :)

Thanks Bree. :oops: Honestly, things that I produce that are actually "good" by some estimation are pretty few and far between. There's a pile of stuff that will never see the light of day. :roll:

Estel, first there is absolutely no reason for you to apologize it is so far from your fault. In all honesty I'm still a little fuzzy on everything that happened. I'm not so "tapped in" that I could know everything (not that I haven't read a lot of the threads in The One Ring btw) but it doesn't really matter. I only care about whether or not it's making my friends uncomfortable or not. It's not so much of a sacrifice to move the RP and OCC if that is what you need sweetheart. Of course I can't speak for anyone else, but the only downside I can see is that we will likely lose any new writers and some who have already expressed a desire to post in the RP will probably not be able to come into the story. Again, however, if you're uncomfortable I'll post somewhere else. I love you too sweetheart and I don't want you to feel hurt or sad coming here.

:hug:

Oh and always listen to teh satch!!1 :D
Giliath
Mariner

Postby Calma » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:10 pm

:shock: My, my. Satch certainly has the way of persuasion, doesn't she?

Thanks for your time and space, people.
Dianora... It was good to hear from you. Never mind which one you are, you are the same to me, my friend. You take care in your life. Know that I will be thinking of you and now that I have your e-mail, I might just get off my lazy side and send you a message now and then. Love to you always.

Hi, back at ya, Gil... All is well, thanks for asking.

To all the RWSG, Thanks for letting me in for a bit. Keep up the good words....
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Bree379 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:14 pm

Calma! It's been so very long!! I miss your smilies :) It's so great to see you!

Estel (I'm just gonna have to call you that no matter what name you post with ;)), I'll just be glad to see you in here as often as you can get in here. No need to feel badly about any of this, I'm willing to do anything necessary just as long as you stick around.

Gili--what was it that Thomas Edison said... *searches google* oh yes:
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"
So you see, none of your art pieces are failures, they're merely stepping stones on the way to success!

:)
Bree379
Ranger of the North

#...Stamp your feet...#

Postby satch » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:56 pm

I was in one of those bugging-about-something-but-don't-know-what moods earlier, and so I decided to rp because it ...is good. (Duh).

I spent the last hour or so (didn't realise it was so long haha) editing my last post, because the original was crap. And I used Gil's next post to pad it up a bit, so now it's a nice lengthy post :D.

Giliath wrote:Oh and always listen to teh satch!!1 :D

Oh indeed! ;)

And your painting is gorgeous darling :D.

Hey Calma! :D Nice to see you in here, stop by more and say hi :).

Off to eat a pop-tart... which I think has burned.... *Sniffs and detects burn* ...yep, burned :roll:. Hope you all are doing good :):hug: Much love darlings.
satch
Mariner

Postby Giliath » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Ooh! Bree I like that quote. They're still never going to see the light of day. :P I'm working on something else now which I think is in it's third version, however, so Mr. Edison's words may come in handy.

:hug: for satch. Hope your feeling better sweetie and good post...or re-post rather. I don't think I can really do anything else for a little bit, at least not until we really start fighting with the stranger.

Pop-tarts! Are those actually good? It's another thing I've never had. They seem like one of those foods that are both good and absolutely disgusting at that same time like birthday cake icing flowers. :wink:
Giliath
Mariner

Postby Dianora » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:26 pm

Oh well done!

I've only skimmed and will do a deep read just before I post, but what I read brought tears to my eyes :)
Beautifully written you guys. Makes me so glad that I'm still here :hug:

Leafy and Satch - you guys sent me an email a loooooong time ago saying what you wanted me to do with Melme during this part of the story. Could you remind me please? I don't want to mess up a storyline that I've forgotten :oops:

Easy enough for me to post with Estel since she's all alone, but it's a bit harder with Melme
Dianora
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Ladykat » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:45 pm

LEAFY!!!

Fantastic post, absolutley first rate!!! Ya beat me to it kid! :P Randir's been bugging me to get her back in action, and I did have sort of a post almost ready, but now I'll have to revise it some. No problem, I wasn't real happy with it the way it was. My plan was this: shortly after the strange woman makes her appearance, Randir is going to go into the spirit world to fetch you, Melme and the rest back to the others. She's not going to intrude on the scene between you and your grandmother, she's just going to tell Iri to get everyone back NOW! So you shouldn't have to rewrite anything in your posts.

I'll try to have it up by Thursday. Note I said "try." :roll:

Pop-tarts! Are those actually good?

No, not really. I once ate a Pop Tart, or the box it came in. It was kinda hard to tell the difference.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Bree379 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:23 am

I know, this is probably better saved as an afterthought, but I must jump in here and say... I love poptarts!!! Scorn me if you will, but give me a good old fashioned strawberry poptart, no icing and not toasted, and I'll be a happy camper. In fact, I'll go get one now from the um... bar?

Bree stands up in a rather defiant manner and struts over to the bar

Hit me with a poptart, bartender!

:D

Now, about all this RP stuff. I'm no use, I have no idea what's going on, and Bree is probably knee deep sunk into the mud by now, poor girl. I've neglected her rather horriblly recently. *sigh*

Some day...

But I'm sure all your posts are quite lovely! :)
Bree379
Ranger of the North

Postby Alassante_Estel » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:24 pm

BREE!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to get a hold of you for forever darlin. I don't think the email I have for you is current.

In other words....

Email me!

please ;)

my email is Alassante_Estel at yahoo dot com. Please please please email me soon - even if its just to tell me what your current email address is.

Thanks darlin :) :hug:
Alassante_Estel
Mariner

Postby prettygaladriel » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:11 pm

Hey guys :D

I have a message for you from Estel:

She wishes to say goodbye to everyone here. She can't do it herself, but asked me to pass the message along. She gives all her love and thanks for all the good times. :hug:
prettygaladriel
Mariner

Postby satch » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm

Due to unforseen circumstances, we're gonna have to move the RP guys. We already have somewhere for it, and if you don't have the link (I think you all do) then just ask Estel or I... or someone else ;) for it.

I'm emailing the mods now to get this placed locked up so we can move on. :)
satch
Mariner

Postby Hobbituk » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:36 am

Locked by request
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth