Fantasy Warriors OOC thread

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby lotrgrrrl » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:52 am

re: closing down Yahoo - we might as well if usage of it isn't going to pick up at all.
Having said that, if you want to get rid of this[i] thread before its gotten rid of by Mods, feel free to post about new OOC rules and ask the Mods to lock it.

I think if Alagos meets them on the edge that could be good - though I don't think we'll all fit on his back!
Morang [i]could
bring help... except I think the people playing help have disappeared! So perhaps its best not to rely on that option until we know they are available ;)

re: Leir having spies - that would certainly be a way to spark up more excitement. If we did though, I htink it would be better if we then wiped them out in one go so we don't just end up with Laiquendi constantly on our tails! Perhaps if Leir knows something about the shadow in the forest - like how to command it or something? *shrug*
lotrgrrrl
Rider of the Mark

Postby skyfiery » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:35 pm

I'll close down the Yahoo group. But...I dunno. I read a new annoucement in Talk, saying that with the change to this new MB, threads that weren't allowed/encouraged are now okay, so I'm just assuming that OOC threads will be okay'ed to stay, as long as there's a point to the OOC. (Mods, feel free to correct me)

Well...we can probably just write Morang bringing the help, anyways, you know? :) That's what we have always done in the others' absences, right? We just have to be respectful of the characters, which we have been...

Indeed, I *was* thinking of having the Laiquendi almost constantly on their tails. Lol. But that would put undue pressure on them and on us to keep thinking of ways the FW can be picked out and defeated. So...

I dunno. But I don't feel that Leir has any connection with that dark thing in the woods. His madness is different from the sort of darkness that things has...

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby Híril » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:02 am

Re: Morang. Okay. Will do that next time I post IC. (yay! I've missed my darling beir).

If OOC threads are okay, then I guess we can keep this one going until such a time may come when it isn't!

I wasn't actually thinking of Leir's madness having anyhting to do with it, I just thought that being the powerful one in the area he'd probably know how other things worked, and how to make them work for him.

I'm not actually sure exactly where things are heading at the moment, but if you want to have the Laiquendi attack us again, feel free to go ahead! I really don't mind what happens plot wise, just give me the time and I will write what Hiril needs to say/do!
Híril
Citizen of Imladris

Postby lotrgrrrl » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:41 am

Sky - what is it that Leir knows? (because I have no idea). Am just wondering what plans you have so that I can help progress them or at least write in context with them. Feels kind of scary writing in the dark, and makes it difficult to do a reasonable sized post.
lotrgrrrl
Rider of the Mark

Postby skyfiery » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:11 pm

Oh, I was figuring that Leir wouldn't be stupid. I mean, if he was, he wouldn't have lived so long and be the king of the Laiquendi, right? So, he'd have posted guards and sentries all over (and yeah, ALL over) the forest, as well as a few sentries follow his every movement unless otherwise ordered by him.

These aren't known even by Olorin.

So, the Warriors don't know that they're being followed. Leir's not going to tell them that, because, if the Warriors take him back to the Guild grounds and stuff, he'll know their base of operations and stuff.

Shrewd guy. Lol.

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby mekilno1 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:31 pm

Boo! :lol: Guess who's back? lol! *looks around confused* Blimey.... you guys have been busy!!!
mekilno1
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skyfiery » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:41 am

Welcome back, mekilno. :)

Unfortunately, because many of the guild's members slowly vanished, things fell to Hiril and me to continue the stuff, which we were unable to do. So we decided to let the guild go into hiatus.

However, if you've got any suggestions, I'll try to contact Hiril and we'll see what we can do? :)

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby lotrgrrrl » Thu May 26, 2005 11:57 pm

Just popping in to see if I missed anything.

Sky - not sure what the go is with FW or if you want to grab it by the bootlaces and pull it back up...
I am happy to (try and) starrt visiting regularly. I can't say I'd be able to post *frequently* though, but will help out where I can if you wanted to ever get this going again (actually, if it ends up another 6 more months down the track I should even have time to post frequently).
Not sure if there's still any FW members that are interested in continuing at all. Also not sure what ever happened to greyelf.

cheers,
Hiril.
lotrgrrrl
Rider of the Mark

Postby mekilno1 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:34 pm

Hmm - I think it's run its course, really, hasn't it? You guys did really well without me, and for that's I'm grateful, but how low is the member list?
mekilno1
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skyfiery » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:29 am

Hiril: I'll love to get the thread going, but not sure how many of us are really left. I'll be able to visit and post rather regularly, I think. But Grey hasn't been on for ages, and the rest seem to have vanished. So...

mekilno:[b] Good to see you back.

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Postby lotrgrrrl » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:27 am

Maybe if we just linger so the thread doesn't fall back into oblivion and see how many people are interested for a month or something? And if there's no interest... I guess we shut the doors and call the mods to lock.
lotrgrrrl
Rider of the Mark

Hello hello

Postby Nyx » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:13 pm

Although closing this guild down would be terribly sad.. i agree with lotrgrrrl about shutting it down it people ...but maybe with some luck we could get it going again? I may just be in an idealistic mood at the moment but it's worth a short isn't it? :TORC: <.< i'm with the lil emoticon dude when he/she says it but in this case ^^" i like this guild lol
Nyx
Shield Bearer

Postby skyfiery » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:17 am

Honestly, if once-in-a-while postings don't seem to bother anyone, I'd like to see the guild stay, too. But we've got to think of something to try to pull more members in...like...maybe post a recruit! in the title or something?

We've come pretty far since the guild's original inception. Would be quite a shame to not be able to finish even one storyline.

My two cents worth, though.

Sky
skyfiery
Mariner

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth