Teens of Eru - Guild for Christian Teens

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby striderchick » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:31 pm

What's the CAHSEE test? I'll prayer anyway, I'm just wondering what it is.

Yes, the whole time I've been with the youth group it's been Sunday nights. Last year they changed it from a 6pm start to a 6:45pm start. Now they are hoping to change to 7:15pm on a Friday night. I'm going to have a lecture finishing at 5pm on Friday night, so i'd be spending an hour on the bus, finding dinner once I get home, and then going to youth group. it'd be a long day. I guess I just wait and find out.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:47 pm

Strider~ well, it's a highschool exit exam for California......I can take it again if I fail.....but it's easier if you pass early
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 pm

JR (:D) - Here's a link to the TOS, to the Forum Guidelines, and the Comprehensive Introduction. :D :D I hope you stick around for a long time and enjoy TORC as much as we do. :D :D :hug: :hug: :hug:

Rina - I was doing better, but some circumstances have come up and things have become worse. :( I'd really appreciate any and all prayers, I'm so confused right now... :( Oh, how do you think you did on the test, Rina? Do you have to take this because you're homeschooled or does everyone have to take it?

Oh, I'd appreciate prayer for two of my friends. They're just "broken up"
(weren't really dating, but they were extremely close) and she initiated it. She's at peace over the whole situation, but he's taking it very badly. They're both Christians, but his faith is rather lifeless at the moment (goes to church and everything, knows a lot about the Bible and God, but doesn't have a very personal relationship with God) so please pray that he turns to God for his comfort instead of flinging himself into other things. :)
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:35 pm

SS~ I'll definitely keep praying for you! and for your friend. Well, the test is a California wide test....all the highschoolers in California have to take it at some point....I think I passed.......I hope so!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:15 pm

Rina: let us know when you get the results.

SS: praying. especially for the guy.

Can't say more, have to go. Thunder..
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:25 pm

Thank you, Rina. :D I hope you did well on that test, too! :D

And thanks, Strider, he would appreciate your prayers a lot. :) Hope the storm wasn't too bad. :hug:

Heard from my friend today (the one that broke up with that guy) and they had a conversation that really defined several things for him, and he's doing much better now (so she says). :)

Also, I'm doing a bit better. :D A pastor I used to work with in children's ministry two years ago called me yesterday and it was so wonderful to talk with him! :D I've also decided that every time I recognize God intervening in my life when I feel down I'm going to write it down... this should definitely help me feel better! I keep on forgetting God's faithfulness when He's holding me in his hands.

Oh, ladies, The Rebelution just released the results for their Modesty Survey and I would encourage you to check it out... I believe they've taken it down now (the server's acting up because so many people are trying to access it!) but from what I've read it is both encouraging and challenging. :)
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:15 pm

SS: I think.. (not that I think you need a suggestion from me) maybe keep checking up on him. He could be... hiding from her that he's still hurting. but I dunno. He really could be doing better.
The storm wasn't bad. Just your average thunderstorm. without really any rain. I just really don't like thunder.

I don't think I mentioned this, but someone broke into my Dads car a little while ago. He drives to the train station, parks the car and catches the train into work. We got a call from the police saying someone had broken into it, and could we please give them Dads cellphone number. The people that broke in had got it to the end of the carpark and run off, but then got caught. And there were three of them. It takes three kids to steal a station wagon? And they were kids. we got a letter from Child, Youth and Family - which means between 10-16 years old. morons. we're still waiting to get the car back. the police had it, and now finally the insurance company has it. It's the only car we have. Luckily my uncle's family have three cars - so we have borrowed their station wagon for the time being. That station wagon gets borrowed a lot. an aunty borrows it when she visits from Aussie. and another aunty borrowed it when her car died.
Plus Mum's in a wheelchair, so all this is just really unfair.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:21 pm

Strider~ I will be praying for you! I hope things get better

I have a serious prayer request a dear friend of the family lost his mother a few days ago....his kids Jacob and Rachel and very good friends of mine and it's very hard for them right now. Russel (the dad) is all the way in LA right now with his brothers handling the estate and all that.........but the hard thing is that today is Jacob's nineteenth birthday and he doesn't care.....doesn't want to do anything......he's just devastated. :( :( :( I don't really know if Rachel went with Russel or where she is right now, but I don't think she's with her mom and brother at this time.........but Caron (the mom) really wants to make Jacob's birthday a good day, and keeps trying to get him do something. I think she just wants Jacob to feel better and just make her son's birthday happy. My prayer is that God would be with that family as they struggle to make ends meet to start with and as Rachel has turned her back on God to hold together to make it through........and (now moms, don't get upset) that Caron would just let Jacob grieve and let him be for a while :( :( and pray that I will have words of comfort for Jacob when and if I see him tonight at youth group
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:07 pm

To Fight the Chill of Sorrow

The bitter cold of grieving,
when loved ones pass through death,
Is chilled beyond believing,
it drains each warming breath,
thus we. with prayers outreaching,
like magma, hot and strong,
embrace the chills of sorrow,
and speed good cheer along,
When hugs come with a murmur:
God bless you, hurting saint,
they are as heaven's tremor,
felt in our hearts, but faint.
I throw my cloak about you,
in hope this mantle brings,
the holy heat essential,
to soothe your battered wings.

Your servant,
Parm :)
The autumn I know and love in Calgary.

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby ShadowSwallow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:42 pm

Parm!! :) :hug: :hug: :hug: Thank you for the poem, it's lovely. :)

Rina - I'm definitely praying. :( :hug: :hug: :hug:

Strider - Yes, I am... and he's currently doing worse now. :roll: I swear all the judgment he ever had has fled him... he started pursing a girl who is "taken" by one of our mutual friends, and after she dissuaded him, he's now pursing someone... quite a bit younger than him, and significantly shallower. :roll: I have a good mind to hit him over the head with a heavy, blunt, object. :P

That's horrid about your dad's car. :( Praying for that situation. :hug:

Aaaaand..... I could use a bit of prayer myself. I'm very much unstable emotionally (I've been up three times today and down four) and it's very, very discouraging. :(
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:27 am

SS, I know how you feel. And I will definately be praying for you. I've been kind of the same way lately, which makes me mad more than anything...I mean, I have God, wonderful parents, great siblings, and an amazing boyfriend. But I still get depressed....And I know it's not PMS!! But you know what? Even when we don't feel it, we are loved. And really, the bad times are just oppourtunities to grow on faith....I guess if I can stick to God all the closer in the bad times, the good ones will be all the better, won't they?

...I think Lewis wrote something along those lines...but I can't remember where....
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:24 pm

Becoming Silvered
Twenty-five years ago, as a young man,
I crossed a wide ocean to live in Japan.
Not one single word did I actually know,
and those that I did, I would swiftly let go.
I learned that a bed was called a futon
to rhyme with a phrase such as "sleeping on stone",
I slept on tatami, drank o-cha (that's tea)
ate rice and raw fish, but tofu? Ah, me.
While loved by a myriad Japanese throng,
my stomach declared that we didn't belong.
I learned to ride trains, to say, thank you and please,
and wrote in a journal with just Japanese.
I married and fathered three children, who see
the pleasures I have writing this poetry.
The five pleasant years ago, TORC crossed my view,
the rest is all history, spent loving you!
I hope that next years spent here and home
will keep my heart tethered and not prone to roam.
Twenty-five years, and some things have not changed,
but I am still Parm, though a tad more deranged!

Your silver-anniversaried servant,
Parm :)
The autumn I know and love in Calgary.

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby striderchick » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:09 pm

Aw congrats Parm.

SS: I can see that temptation. maybe find a nice way to go about it first huh? and if that doesn't work.... :club: and :bang:.
Thanks for the prayer, we have the car back now. It arrived last friday, after we'd already left to go on a three hour drive to get to a funeral.
prayer and love for you. :hug:

Mara: :hug:

I guess I'm sorta in the same place as you two, but with being back at uni this week, i'm trying not to focus on how "messed up" i am.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:58 pm

Mara - Thank you so much. :hug: I completely understand about being frustrated about how you can't see why you're depressed. I keep going over and over that in my head... yes, I have health problems that I'll have to deal with all my life, but others have experienced so much worse and don't feel this way... yes, quite a few people in my life have died, but others have had their entire families wiped out and not feel half as bad as I do... heh, this guilt is definitely doing nothing for me. :( Yes, Lewis did say something about it... I believe he said it in "The Problem of Pain." I'll see if I an dig it up sometime. :) Thank you so much for your encouragement, and I'll be praying for you as well. :hug:

Congratulations, Parm! :D :D That reminds me of a lecture on writing I went to last week where the person had lived in Japan. It was very fun. :D :D

Strider - The thing is, I'm really not at a place where I can confront him about it. :( And this just makes it even more frustrating. :x (Thing is, I'm also attracted to him, and I'm working through that. :oops:) It's great that you have the car back! :D But it is too bad you didn't have it before you had to go to the funeral. :| Prayer and love right back at you, dear. :hug: :hug:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:20 pm

Well, I don't know what you can really do but give it up to God to sort out. Being attracted to him makes it harder. and good for you, working through it.
Yes it would have been nice to have our car for the funeral, since the 3 hour drive is mostly through the country. bendy roads. and the car we were in isn't as smooth on corners as our car.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:53 am

hey! glad to see everyone again!!!!!!!!!!! we lost dsl for a while.....but it's back

SS~ that's a rough rituation for you! I can see how giving him a good hit would be tempting! I'll be praying for you!

Strider~ I'm glad you got the car back!

Mara~ :hug:

Parm~ lovely!!!

ok......as if things couldn't get harder the family I just mentioned!! on the way home from the funeral, their car rolled about four times and Rachel has a gash that needed stitches and Jacob has some torn tendons in his shoulder.......mostly they're ok...which is a MIRACLE!!!! but they just had to buy a new car. :roll:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:50 am

Hey Everyone!

I know I'm not around a lot, but I just wanted to let you all know that I have been remembering you all in my prayers. Life gets in the way of things and I haven't been able to get on as much as I like.

Rina, How awful. I know it was a while ago, now, but I will be praying.

Prayers for SS and Stider as well :hug:

:grouphug: :hug: :grouphug: for everyone. I will try to come around more often.

Ren
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks, I need prayers. Sick, my throat is very sore: all i can eat is ice cream to try numb the pain. plus i have some kind of depression that wants to hang around :roll:
Hope you can come more often :) And I hope your life is going well.

Rina: oh, that's not very nice :( glad they're mostly ok.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:57 am

Ren~ :hug: glad to see you anytime!

Strider~ ah! I hate being sick! I will pray you be well soon!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:40 pm

Thanks heaps Rina. I'm getting better, now I just still have to blow my nose a lot, and have a cough every so often, that i think sounds a little more like barking on occasion.

I went to the church's Good Friday service this morning, outside on a hill :) It was nice, peaceful. Felt a little lonely though. I get that at church, even though I have some friends around, when I can find them. Today I was standing by myself during the service though.

Also, have a poem I thought I would share, What Am I Bid? It's something my youth leader has read out a couple times. It is apparently from a book called Red Moon Rising.

WHAT AM I BID?
"Suddenly I find myself in a giant hall. Surrounding me are thousands of young people, battered, bruised, and broken. Then suddenly, I hear a voice: "What am I bid?"

A young girl stands out before the crowd of leering, sneering men.
"What am I bid for this piece of flesh?"

The men start to cheer and shout figures: "Ten" "Twenty" "Fifty" "One Hundred!"
What can I do, God?

I start to bid. I have to save her. The cost becomes huge, and I begin to waiver. Can I afford this? What price will I pay?

The dream stops.
I'm alone again. But the faces are real enough:
Sarah being sold into prostitution. Mike with a revolver in his mouth. Kate covered with cuts and bruises. John falling into crime. Laura alone and desperate. Steve, heroin needle bulging into his vein.

"What am I bid?"

The voice shatters the silence. The auction is on again. The bidding has begun. It continues night and day until the end. Most of the bidders desire only use and abuse. Satan drives them on.

And so I find myself in the auction. Will I watch or will I bid? The price of a single life is huge. The currency is prayer. The cost is massive, but the prize is glorious. A life for a life.

What am I bid?"
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:04 pm

Strider~ glad to know you are doing better! wow.......that's a powerful poem.....very beautiful
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:09 pm

Rina: thanks. It is powerful isn't it? thats what I thought too :)

Hope all of you who visit this thread are having an incredible Easter.

He Is Risen
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:29 pm

He is risen indeed!!!!! :)

happy Easter to everyone!! Church was wonderful this morning...I got to sing up in front of everyone....it was pretty nerve-racking....but it was fun
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:03 pm

:D

ooooo up there in front of everybody! Well done! You have more courage than me :)
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:48 pm

Happy Easter!!!!

I need your prayers.. I dont' have time to get into it right now. (for more info, check out Followers Of Eru)

something I didn't mention there is that I need prayer that God's will be done with the whole Ben thing...

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:33 pm

I'm definitely praying!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Thanks Rina, you're such a blessing. :hug:

Our new dog has been having problems... he freaks out all the stinking time! When we move, when we open a door, when we make any kind of noise.... he freaks out! It's very annoying... oh my goodness, is it annoying.. but he's so cute!

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:14 pm

he sounds kinda like our dog....every time a car drives by she runs and hides in her cage until she's SURE that they aren't coming into the house. It's almost funny sometimes.......but she's also a skittish one
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:17 pm

:D sounds a little like my cat actually. only with her, she doesn't always need something to set her off. She'll just up and run for no reason.

Praying for you Nim, of course.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:07 pm

hmmmm.......I wonder what she sees or hears :shock:

praise report!!!! as we have been worried about how we are going to pay our taxes.....a dear family (Faramir's family for those of you who are in the who are you crazy about thread :D ) just gave us check for about a thousand dollars.....quite an answer to prayers!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth