Teens of Eru - Guild for Christian Teens

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby striderchick » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:35 pm

woah!!!!!! :shock: :shock: Awesome!!!! :hug: yippee.

God woke me up at 1:00 in the morning yesterday for me to hear my brother knocking on the front door - he'd gone to work without his key :roll:. But to be fair, he hadn't expected to be quite so late.
-It took a while to have a coherant enough thought to figure out what the knocking was and where it was coming from, but i let him in eventually. But since I was half asleep still, I could have been letting anyone in.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:34 am

Wow! That is amazing! :hug:

Strider; at least when your brother was knocking, you had been wakened, and he didn't have to do anything drastic, like break in a window. :wink:

Could you guys pray for me? I have auditions today for scholoarships- Music and Drama- at the private college I really want to go to.
And when I woke up this morning, my throat was feeling pratty funky....Not what one wants when trying to sing a fast, high, italian OPERA song.

And I'm not so sure on my monologues. You see, I was originaly trying only for music. But my boyfriend persuaded me to try for drama....But I wasn't going to stress myself over the monologues.....Meaning I procrastinated and didn't pick my monologues until yesterday evening...AFTER my formal recital for voice....

It's been a busy week...Spanish test, new professor in spanish....recital...auditions.... :shock:

Actually, my boyfriend said something which kind of makes sense.

Teenagers rooms are always a mess because their LIVES are. If we have anytime to clean our rooms, it only means we're neglecting something more important (i.e., homework.)

Thank God I have God!!!!!! I don't know how I would survive this year otherwise.....

So, surely I can memorize two small monologues by Wilde and Shakespeare in five and a half hours? :P
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:55 pm

;) That is true. He could've tried breaking a window. He also said he would have got out his cell phone and strated calling the house so that we'd all wake up. So it is good that I was wakened to let him in in a more peaceful way.

Of course I will pray/am praying. I don't know if it's the auditions have already happened yet or not, but I pray. When they're over, don't spend the whole next day cringing over what you did and what you didn't do - it won't be good for your mental health :) I'm sure it will all be fine.
Hope you can have a good rest this weekend after your busy week.

Edit: my prayer request: I have a driving lesson tomorrow, I need some confidence and courage.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi, everyone, sorry I've been MIA for a while... life's kinda been rough lately.

I just got back from Regionals yesterday, and although I didn't do too well myself, three of my friends will be going on to Nationals, and I'm really excited about that. However, I caught a cold from one of my friends there. :roll:

I've read all of the posts, and I will be praying for you... but I just don't have any energy left. :( I haven't taken naps regularly since I was a year old, but I've had one almost every day since Sunday. :(

Oh, I'd appreciate prayer for tomorrow. My counselor wants me to come in and take a "test" so that we can get a picture of how my emotional life is, etc, and what we should do, because that section of my life ain't all that great. :|
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:42 pm

prayers for you of course, for the counselling session, and for you to get your energy back.

Today is ANZAC day, so it's my second day in a row of being at home, and i haven't done nearly enough homework.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 pm

:grouphug: :hug: :hug: HEY!!! what's this thread doing way down here? let's bump it up a bit!

SS~ :hug: hey, I hope you are doing better now!

Prayers for me please...I have been struggling with emotional roller coaster later.... :roll:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:57 am

1 Corinthians 13:7 wrote:(New Living Translation) Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

:hug:

I'm 20 now, but I figure you won't kick me out hehe.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:46 pm

*jumps on Strider and holds on tight* don't go!!!!! you're still a teen.....we won't tell.... :whistle: :hug: That's a beautiful verse!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:44 am

Hey, I think I was tied to a chair in an adoption thread, you can tie me to a chair or something here too haha.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:21 pm

*acts on Strider's advice*

Here's the chair, have a seat, I'll get some rope! :twisted:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:28 am

AND DUCT TAPE!!!!

Well, pretty soon it'll be my turn....I just had my nineteenth birthday...It's odd, considering how much has happened in my life since I joined TORC....

Come on, Ladies, we need a topic of discussion to keep this thread moving...

Life,
Love,
Chocolate,
...Something?
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:19 pm

I have high-speed internet!!!!! Cable internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: I'm a happy girl!!!!!!

Mara!! hi, haven't seen you in while! don't wory...you can stay too once you get there :hug:

Life, love, chocolate.....hmmmm :bookworm:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Wow, I go away for a weekend and come back tied to a chair.

Yay for the high speed internet Rina.

Life, love, chocolate. Well, we always have the "who are you crazy about" thread to discuss love.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:26 pm

*does high-speed dance*

this is true....we do have the who are you crazy about thread.....

so how's life for all of you? :D
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Good...I am at University....Squeeeeee..is a catholic college, which is where I always wanted to go.

:D

And the guy I am crazy about goes here too!

btw, going to college with your boyfriend really tests you....chastity.....Yeah..

But whats really great is my boyfriend supports me, and really, he is the one in the relationship that sometimes just says, "OK, we need to back it just a bit...'cause the wait is worth it."
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:01 pm

What a great boyfriend! you are very blessed! :D And that's great about the University!

I am HAPPY about being almost done with school...Squeeeeee! :happydance:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:38 am

:D
And I love him sosoooooooo much!!!!
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:38 pm

Yay for both of you :)

It's so great you're both happy. I have two essays to write by monday so I am so tired and borderline panicky, one is 1000 words and the other is 1200, so in themselves it's not much, but doing them both for the same day when I have this habit of procrastinating...

:grouphug:
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:49 pm

:nono: Stop procrastinating!

*thinks of reading due for philosophy, acting, seminar, and geology test due Wednesday*

wait...Never mind.... :P

But seriously, prayers would be muchly appreciated. THis week is crazy....all that, and it's tech week for the first theater production of the semester, so I can't work any evening this week.

And I am now late for work. 'Cause my uniform wasn't done drying. Bother
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:23 pm

I've done both essays. One's even printed. the other I'm waiting to hear from my Pastor so that I can have him as a contextualised source, which he's all fine with, but I sorta need him to email within the next hour, or I'll have to call him. Then I add whatever his opinion is, move my bibliography into the document (I did it as I was going along, in a seperate document so that it doesn't interfer with the word count.), submit it to a website to check for plagiarism, and print it.

Prayers for you.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:59 am

Well, I am mostly done with classes today...And they've not gone too badly. So. Thats good.

But my poor boyfriend...He's has been staying up until all hours, 'cause he's in theater, and is on the campus ministry team, and all they normal classes..The silly man is wearing himself to thin....And I worry, but I don't know what to do. :?

And I know this week is going to be hard for him cause it is the wee before opening, and so Fabrice (theater director) is going to be keeping him busy with that....

And when he went on the required retreat this weekend, he got about 7 hours sleep over three days....I just want to say, " :nono: ...Go to BED.

Yeah....Please keep him in your prayers
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:38 pm

I did pray when I read this the first time.. don't know why I didn't post. I hope he has had some good rest since this? And how are you?
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Mara~ well now, he must sleep! I will pray that he gets the chance for some rest. you take care of yourself too!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:52 am

Yes, well, we have all this week to recuperate. Then next week we have rehearsals for the same play, but with different crew members...props and all that funess....We're taking it to competition, which is cool. :D

I am doing well...no tests this week, so thats a good thing.And yesterday I found fabric for my Hallowe'en costume. My boyfriend is dressing up as the Phantom, so he said, "You HAVE to be Christine!!!!"
Well, the dress won't quite be Christine, but it will be roughly that time period. Sort of. A costume of a costume ball of that time period....I dunno how it will work out...
:roll:

The fabric is pretty though. :lol:
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:08 pm

That sounds awesome Mara. Are you two going to walk around singing? ;)

We don't do Halloween. Dad usually sticks a sign on the door telling the kids not to bother.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Probably. I love singing Phantom of the Opera.

I didn't really do the whole halloween thing when I was younger...But then LOTR came out, and it's just like, "COSTUMES!!! I have a legitimate reason to wear a costume on Halloween...That, and Medieval Fair."

So, yeah...It's all about teh costumes
:roll:
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:42 pm

costumes are awesome!!! there's a group near us who always does a reformation party around this time of year.....so that's my costume thing for the year :P

Mara~ that's great that you have a better week ahead of you! :wink:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:48 am

I like.. just wrote this reasonable sized post, then lost connection as I sent it, so it disappeared. So I'll write it out again...
At youth group, each week they chose someone to place a blessing over, and to pray over, and this week it was me :shock: :shock: :shock: I was so stunned. But it was so sweet of them :love:. The person said it was for my commitment to coming every week, and she had a picture of like a water slide, and God saying that to live for him is fun too, and another friend said when there are questions in my faith I still come back to God, desiring God, and someone else said they felt God saying He made me to be me "so be the best you that you can be, and don't try to be someone else", and another prayed over uni, and my friend that I got to come to youth group a few weeks ago prayed too and said "if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't know God", and that I was with her when she was going through a tough time.
So, tonight, I'm just going "Wow..........."
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Strider~ Wow........that's pretty cool!

I am pretty darn tired this week. I now have classes four days a week.....and mountains of homework for English......several pages every two days and this week I have a job interview....busy :shock:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Well, exams are over....

sleepy.. but also oh so very awake too.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth