Teens of Eru - Guild for Christian Teens

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby striderchick » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:36 pm

Hey Rina. sorry it took a while. I hope the family is doing alright.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:13 pm

That is rather difficult to process, Strider. :shock: Fortunately we have God to help us with that... it's not like it hasn't ever happened on His watch before (thank goodness! :D).

I'll definitely be praying for them, Rina. :( I lost my grandma this past spring and there are so many wounds involved with that. :( :hug:

Guys (or rather, Gals... since I believe we're a fellowship of females at this point :P), I'd really appreciate your prayers right now. :( I'm going through a rather rough time emotionally, mentally, and especially physically. It seems that every step forward just takes me two steps back. At this point I really don't want to walk anywhere, just sit and cry. :( I have an(other) appointment with one of my doctors tomorrow... hopefully things will begin to look up... but I really don't feel like I have the energy to hope. :cry: :(

Sanctus Real - I'm Not Alright wrote:If weakness is a wound
That no-one wants to speak of
Then cool is just how far we have to fall
And I am not amused; I only wanna be loved
But I feel safe behind the firewall
Can I loose my need to impress?
If you want the truth- I need to confess

CHORUS
I'm not alright, I'm broken side, broken inside;
And all I go through, it leads me to You
It leads me to You

Burn away the pride
Bring me to my weakness
Till everything to hide behind is gone
When I'm open wide
With nothing left to cling to
Only You are there to lead me on
Cause honestly, I'm not that strong

I'm not alright, I'm not alright, I'm not alright
That's why I need you
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicasam » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:42 pm

Hello everyone
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:25 pm

Hello and welcome Nicasam. Always good to see some guys in here ;)

SS: of course I'll say some prayers for you. :hug: I hope your appointment with the doctor goes well. :hug:'s again, I don't know what else to say right now, but you know we're here for you.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:05 pm

Strider ~ Oh wow... that is a difficult bit of infor to process. :( :hug: You're cousin is in my prayers.

Rina ~ I'll be praying for that family. :( And I adore beauty from pain... it's so right on. :hug:

Birdy ~ :hug: :hug: :hug: I know how you feel, exactly. :hug: I don't know how many times I've felt the same exact way. :hug: You're deffinetly in my prayers. If you need anyone to talk to, I could email you. :hug: Stay strong hon. "Here I am, at the end of me, trying to hold on, to what I can't see, I forgot how to hope, this night's been so long, I'll cling to your promise there will be a dawn." I know I just posted those lyrics, but I know how much they've just helped me and blessed me when I was going threw some difficult times (and am going threw) that you're going threw now. :hug:

Nic ~ Hey! Good to see you!

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicasam » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks guys...

If you could just pray in general for my family right now, that would be cool..
When i get more time, I will post the whole reason why...
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:48 pm

Nic~ great to see you here, you have my prayers

Nim~ Beauty from pain is very incredible.....so is 'Suddenly' I have felt that song pretty strong of late too

Birdy~ I so so so know that feeling....... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I am praying for you! and I love that song, it is so true

I cannot help but be stunned by the pain in my group of friends this year. My best friend lost her grandma in May, I lost my grandma in July, another friend lost his grandpa in June and now the friend I told you about and another friend who lost his grandpa the same day. We are all so strong in God and in each other, but the pain is still shocking. All that I hope right now is that this friend who just lost his grandma will be able to throw off his drug addictions and come back to God.......he has been to far too long. Our pastor has really been holding us together......in fact, with my friend who lost his grandpa a week ago, our pastor drove EIGHT hours to talk to him. This man had been hostile to the church his whole life, but when our pastor talked with him, he surrendered his life to Christ
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:06 pm

Rina: Sorry I haven't been in here in a little bit. I have no excuses. But :hug: I hope that this year there is less pain.

Oh, my pregnant cousin is 29, and due in July. At least it's not a teenage pregnancy.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:08 pm

*sneaks back in*

In reply to the inevitible question, "Where have you been?" , I will give Golloum answer.

Sneaking. :P

Anyhoo....

I am going crazy at work. The chef took it into his head on friday to re-arange the kitchen.

Which included taking the table that the counter help (Me, and several other...the people who sell the cakes and pastries) to use for his own purposes.

This with out even saying anything to us. And then putting everything in entirly different places.....And making it so I can only pull three boxes (at the most) from the freezer to stack on the table to restock every thing.

Not only that, he set the shelf that all the unfolded boxes are one (a VERY unweildy thing) on our work table, so anytime I bend forward I'm afraid to that I'm going to knock my head on the corner of the boxes...and those are sharp corners.

All this with out ANY consideration for the other people working there. I won't even get into how stupid he was with Jamie....Both of us were just soooo :angry:

Sooo...yeah. I don't want to go to work tomorrow, 'Cause even though the owner (who goes to my church, and is a great guy) told him to move stuff, he is going to put it off as long as possible....

So, yeah...some prayers for that situation would be helpful.
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:52 pm

Mara - It's great that you're back! :D *glomps* :hug: That sounds so frustrating! :x Why can't people be more considerate? It's not like it takes that much effort. :roll: Definite prayers for the situation. :hug:

Thank you Rina. :hug: I've been feeling a bit better lately (:))... trying to resurrect my buried anger (so I can be more aggressive when I fight ;)) has helped me deal with my depression a little more, but it's still making its presence known. :( I can completely understand about the pain in your circle of friends. :( :hug: :hug: Our community goes through cycles of that. Thankfully we have God to pull us through. It reminds me of the lyrics of "Breakfast" by the Newsboys.

Breakfast, by the Newsboys wrote:Those here without the lord,
How do you cope?
For this morning we don’t mourn
Like those who have no hope

Praying for you Nicasam. :hug: :) :hug: :hug:

Nim - I love those lyrics. I played that CD (the new version, it also has "Stand in the Rain" on it (:( :love: :(), and it is so comforting. :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Strider. :) :hug:

Well, and update on the situation-- I got some new stuff and it was working quite well, but now they're wearing off again. :roll: I took my sleeping aid two nights ago and my heart started racing. :( (So. Freaking. Frustrating. :cry:) But I've been able to manage without it for now. I'm going to see my shrink on the first... still a bit away, but I'm feeling a little more together, so I think I'll make it.

I've been listening to Nancy Missler's The Way of Agape mp3s, and reading her book. That's helped me a lot. :)

I hope all of your are doing well. :D :hug: I've been incredibly busy this past week or I would've posted earlier.

As I said to a dear friend who's going through a hard time now, "Have a blessed evening." :)
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:05 pm

The situation has been resolved. :D It maketh me happy. 'Cause the way Rudy (the Boss) had him redo it, we have more room than before! :lol:

SS, Rina, Strider, and evryone, my prayers are with you, as always! :grouphug:
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:01 pm

Thanks Mara. :hug: I'm having one of those days when painkillers don't want to work and the day doesn't want to get any better. And I didn't go to churh this morning.

SS: :) :hug:
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:18 pm

:grouphug: :hug: :grouphug: to everyone!

Mara~ oh that's good!

Strider~ I hope your day gets better

hey, I need some prayer for my special friend.......he's training to be a stationary wing pilot.....and either this week or next he is going on his first solo flight and he really nervous.......and that could be really bad for him, so just pray that he will be confident and strong and stay steady.
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:50 am

Rina, of course I'll pray for him...A pilot, hmm? Wow, that would be so awseome, to fly the plane!
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57 am

oh yeah, he loves it, he says it is the greatest thing in world to be up in the air and feel the wind like that..........he's just nervous about being up there by himself with no instructor
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:19 am

*sneaks in*
any landing you can walk away from is a good landing
*sneaks out*

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:53 pm

Very cheerful, Iris. :P

Rina, I'm sure he'll do great. :)
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:15 pm

Iris~ I won't tell him that though...........especially not after his bounce-landing on Saturday :shock:

Mara~ yep, that's what we keep telling him
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:53 pm

what Iris said sort of reminded me of a scene in Hot Shots!, when I think its Admiral Bensen talking about flying.. "and come to think of it, I've never landed a plane in my life". But now is not the time to tell him that either. And I'm sure he'll be fine, I'll pray too. :hug:

bounce landing? scary!
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:38 pm

Strider~ yeah, he started down towards the runway a little late and and sped to hit the runway with enough space to taxi........and kinda bounced when he hit ground..........he said his instructor just looked at him and just said "that was bad" :lol:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Tári Undómiel mí Gondor » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:55 am

Hi, is it too late to join?
Here are my f avs:

1. I don't really have a favorite food but I love chicken since you can make so many different things with it, but I especially love crispy chicken, KFC kine too.
2. I don't have a favorite candy... I have a favorite chocolate! I think overall, I just like milk chocolate, but I really like Twix, Milky Way, and Snickers.
3. I love Drawing, Dancing, Swimming, Reading, I'm learning to write stories, and several other minor pastimes such as Day Dreaming.
4. Nothing beats LOTR. I'd be very surprised if I ever got a movie that I like better than LOTR. Second fav, King Arthur -The one with Kiera Knightly, and I also like The Man in the Iron Mask, The Illusionist, and Pirates of the Carribean 1 & 2.
5. In appearance, I'm an Elf, and in personality, I'm a Hobbit. Whenever I take a ME character or race quiz, I'm Pippin or Hobbit race.
6. I go to New Hope Christian Fellowship
7. My pals at ballet call me JollyRancher
ME Bio: My name is Treis. (I'm a female but guy warriors are much better) I am of the Numenor, I am a Ranger and I love Ithillien and forests and waterfalls. I travel often to Gondor and Rohan. Sometimes I'll venture to Lorien and Fangorn. Once in a blue moon even to the Shire, but the Hobbits there seem to be uncomfortable around big folk.
Reality *sigh* Bio: I have been a Christian as long as I can remember, I can't remember asking Jesus into my heart but I've always known he was there. I have a brother and a sister, I'm the baby of the family. My parents and siblings, thank goodness, are also Christians. I've been homeschooled my whole life, I never want to go to public school, but I probably will have to for college. I dance ballet and hula, I like to draw. I love LOTR, my favorite cartoon is Looney Tunes.

Sorry, no brevity coming from this whahine.
Tári Undómiel mí Gondor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby elerrina_narloth » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:54 am

hey! tari undomiel mi gondor.......do you have a preferred nickname? you sound a lot like me really! And chicken rocks! especially fried! I have homeschooled all my life too.........except for two months in sixth grade that I was in private school, didn't like it much. I really prefer being home..... but Welcome!! glad to have a new face
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:23 pm

Yikes, I'd hate to be in a plane that did that Rina. I guess your guy is a brave one :)

Tari Undomiel mi Gondor. Welcome! Chicken is good, milk chocolate is good, LOTR can't be topped ;) (I'm a NZer, I have to say that :D) I love King Arthur too. And Pirates.

It's great that all your family is christian. I became a Christian in August 2005, my Mum grew up christian but she hasn't been to church for years except for my baptism, some weddings and funerals - she's in a wheelchair with MS so it is awkward for her, but I don't know how much faith she has left. My dad and brother want nothing to do with it, and think i'm an idiot for it. In short, the only other christians in my family are my cousins and all their family on my mums side.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimhiril » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:45 pm

Guys, I'm so sorry about my absense, again. :( It's not fair to ya'll that I come in here and just lay it all out on y'all. :(

SS ~ :hug: I'll keep you in my prayers hon. :hug: I love Stand in the Rain. :) I need to buy that off iTunes.... *makes mental note*

Rina ~ :hug: Prayers for "Faramir" :)

Tari ... Gondor ~ Wellcome! Sorry I couldn't remember the middle part of your name and at the moment I'm not feeling so well, so am too lazy to go look. :P LOTR can't be topped in my book either. ;)

If I missed anyone, I'm very sorry. You're all in my prayers...

I have a prayer request, I forgot to mention it in here before my appt.... but I went to the Dr last Tuesday (Jan. 23) for my back brace and to see how things were going... I was really hoping I would be done, and all that stuff since it's been two whole years... Looks like I got 4-6 months to go. :( But he said he would hopefully have me out of it for the summer! *squee* that means I'll get to fly to my cousin's wedding in Kentucky without it! :happydance:
So, I guess what I want prayer for is diligence. I really don't feel like wearing it ever anymore...
Before I went to the doctor I had this feeling of being dead and unable to breath. I didn't feel like me. Now, I feel even more broken...
At first when I found out 4-6 more months I was so angry at God, I kept asking Him, "Is this kind of sick joke? What did I ever do to You?" I'm not mad like that anymore... However, I'm not feeling very encouraged in Him at the moment... I feel abandoned and alone, and so broken, I can't even begin to describe it too you... I'm bleeding from a heart that doesn't want to beat anymore... :(

Thanks guys...
Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:24 pm

Mara - That's certainly an answer to prayer! :D

Strider - Ick, I hope you're feeling better. :( :hug:

Rina - I'll definitely be praying for him, that must be incredibly nerve wracking! My dad used to be in the airforce, and he got his pilot's license when he was in college. I bet he'll do just fine. :)

Tari - Welcome! :D :D :D :D It's wonderful to see a new "face." :D Since you're very new to the forum, I'd recommend that you read the TOS if you haven't already, and get adopted. There are some wonderful Adopters, and Evenstar_of_Imladris and luthienelflover are Christians. :) I've also been homeschooled all of my life. :D

I can so relate to how you're feeling right now, Nim. :( :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: A Psalm that I felt for the longest time could have been written by me is Psalm 13, amazing confession of David to God, and his reaffirmation of his trust in Him. :) It's not easy, at all, but it's all part of God's plan. :hug: :hug: :hug:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Tári Undómiel mí Gondor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:51 pm

Thanx for so much welcome guys! This is the most welcome I've ever got on a forum.

Striderchick? When you said you're a NZer, did you mean New Zealander or Nazerene? I'm raised on Nazerene stuff. :D

I already said that my nickname from my friends is JollyRancher, so you can either call me Tari or JollyRancher. :lol:

TOS? Oh, well, if I look around I'll find out what it is and I'll read it.

Thanx guys!

~JollyRancer a.k.a. Tari
Tári Undómiel mí Gondor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:01 am

JollyRancher.........hmmmm...........I think I'll call you JR, how's that? it's great to see you in here!

Nim~ I totally know that pain! I had a strange health problem several years ago where I would become dizzy, my heart would race and everything would go black and I would collapse.......but I was never unconscious. I had 3 EKGs, one heart ultrasounds, and an EEG performed on me when I was eight...........2 more EKGs when I was eleven along with another heart ultrasound..........I remember the second time I collapsed, the feeling of devastation that this problem hadn't gone away and that they were going to perform more tests and prescribe more medicine......I totally know that pain, so praying for you! :hug: and to go with SS's psalm, here are some of my favorites for hurting times: psalm 27:1-2, psalm 46:10 psalm 46:1-3, psalm 62 and psalm 69:1-3.....those are some of my faves for hard times

SS~ that is one of my favorite psalms! have you been doing any better?
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Tári Undómiel mí Gondor » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:13 pm

elerrina_narloth wrote:JollyRancher.........hmmmm...........I think I'll call you JR, how's that? it's great to see you in here!

Okay, I'll try to remember that that's me. :D
Tári Undómiel mí Gondor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby striderchick » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:23 pm

I don't have much time, sadly, but Tari I mean I am a New Zealander. I'm used to just putting NZ so much.

love to all
blessings

Edit: I have a little more time now, but I've forgotten what else i wanted to say. oops.
My youth group starts up again this coming Sunday night. So that should be great. They're talking about shifting it to a different night after february, to see if we can get more people to come.
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:16 pm

JR~ great to have a new a face here!

Strider~ sunday night? cool! mine is also sunday nights

ok all........I have to take the CAHSEE test tomorrow! I am so freaked out, so prayer would be much appreciated!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth