Guild for Pennsylvanians...and nearby folk too

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 am

Well, I know this is pretty much, mostly, very dead...but I felt inspired to stop by since there may be a...Shootz in the making! What is a shootz? A sheetz moot. Sort of long story, but not really. :P

Anyway, I may be trying to collect with wild and wily Tooks and Iris for a little get together sometime in the future.

In other news, I want spring. :P

Waaaaaaay delayed, I'm glad you enjoyed the concert, MithLuin!
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:11 am

Lessee...who else is PA located? :D Hee Hee, this could be interesting...

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Amrunelen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:58 pm

There were quite a few of us back in the day....but the active numbers have certainly dwindled. *blows dust off of the member list*
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby MithLuin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 pm

*is still here*

*perks up*

A mini-moot in the works? Where, Precious? When?

And yes, send spring now! (But no summer yet!)
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:48 am

At a Sheetz, possibly the one in Lewistown.

The big one in Altoona (on 17th street) has a restaurant-ish style set up. (and I think beer too).

Always...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:40 pm

And besides amusing sheetz adventures the Ren. Faire is always a possibility too. ;)

Are there any history geeks out there? How about a Gettysburg moot? :P
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 am

Jeff Shaara is going to be in Gettysburg in July! :D The Civil War museum is not far from Harrisburg either.

When is the Ren Faire anyhow? I went...oh, many years ago and always wanted to go back, never made it...ah, I just looked it up. Aug. 13-Oct.30! And they have a pirate weekend...

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Amrunelen » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:58 am

Yes, indeed they do. Usually in past years I've been making it there in October since my summer job ties up those weekends.

But there is always fun and pirates to be had. ;) Last year the drunk "Captain Avery" was laying in the middle of one of the walk ways, so I sat down...and laid down too. And then the other girls with me joined as well. So we had a little chat there on the ground in the middle of a busy street in the Shire. It always amusing to interact with the actors. :P Especially if you're a bit crazy yourself. :D
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby MithLuin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:23 pm

Well, I'm in PA until Jan. 19th, but then I'm off to Ethiopia for a year or so and won't be back until 2013! So, take care of the state for me while I'm gone ;)
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:47 am

Pfft! We'll probably hold a massive party and trash the place. ;)

Anyone hear of the Kennywood lawsuit? It's not just Kennywood but Idlewild and Sandcastle...if you purchased tickets with a credit card in the last five years and your card's expiration date was on the receipt, you can get free tickets. I would guess, though I don't know, that if you just have your card statement showing you purchased tickets in the last five years you would qualify.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Amrunelen » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Anyone around? Hmmm, hmmm? I am presently, and have been for about half a year, living in the Philly 'burbs. So should anyone be around and looking for an adventure or outing, I am almost always up for adventures. ;)
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:53 am

I'm here, but not near Philly...at the moment.

We're discussing a trip to Cape May (which, I know, Is Jersey) later this year. My cousins have a couple houses (yes, a couple) they loan out during the year and we're thinking of taking advantage.

So, here's something we're all going to experience...what festivals, etc. are heading your way, everyone?

The State College Arts Festival is coming up shortly, as is the People's Choice Festival...I've only been to the first and that was many years ago. Never managed to make it back.

Next month is the 100-Mile Yard Sale in the Quehanna Wilds area. Yes, it is over 100 miles worth! We also have a couple local festivals and the Clearfield County Fair coming up. :) Bloomsburg Fair is coming at the end of the summer too.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I intend to be at the Celtic Fling and Highland Games at the PA ren faire grounds a couple of weekends from now. Nothing like some Celtic music and a good kilt. ;)

Bloomsburg Fair, that's nearly home turf for me. :D I grew up going there every year. My dad worked in Bloom for many years.
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:37 am

Coolness on both counts! :thumbsup:

My parents operated a snow cone stand at the Clearfield County Fair until I was 18. They bought into it with my aunt and then bought her out when I was a teen. I do miss being part of that sometimes, but a lot of the big vendors pushed the little ones out. :(

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Re: Guild for Pennsylvanians...and nearby folk too

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Holy smoley. Where has all us good Pennsylvanians been? :D

So, how about the weather???

A month of Star Wars!

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:37 am

Weird, but I'll take it! :D For the first time in many years the fair was actually comfortable.

I've seen some trees starting to turn. And the "back to school" crickets (my term, of course) are screaming their little heads off at night. I've been graduated for almost 20 years now and I still get that funny feeling in my stomach when I hear those things.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Ah....but I liked going back to school in the Fall. I guess I was a bit odd. ;)

A month of Star Wars!

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:26 am

I'm a homebody and hated being away from home and my mom. ;) But when I graduated, I missed it. I miss college too.

So how's the weather in your neck of the woods, Tooks? We had snow, but now it's slush. Whee. The cats do not approve.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:48 pm

I guess I am rather late responding, Iris, but .... hmm.... snow and slush has been pretty much the norm up through last night..... :roll:

A month of Star Wars!

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Minardil » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:23 pm

I know!! It was bloody well raining ICE crystals in Carlisle yesterday. This is crazy. But, looking out my office window in Reading right now, it at least looks fairly Spring-y out there.
Minardil
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:47 am

And look! Overcast skies and promise of rain! :P

Okay, enough of the weather...what do y'all have planned for the summer? Rob and I are thinking of either a trip to the Ren Faire or Celtic fest (or Yankee Peddler in Ohio). And we have our fair share of festivals, fairs, etc. at home, of course. We set our watches by them!

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Minardil » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:57 am

Well if you're talking Faires and Festivals, I'm at Celtic Fling every year, and at the RenFaire at least five or six weekends, usually including opening and closing. Beer Fest is also coming up next month, I might be there too, with my Clan, the Clan MacHuge.
Minardil
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:39 am

If we go, I'll let you know when and we can have a mini-moot. :)

If we plan this right, we might get a couple other people on board!

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth