Eldar's Guild Act III

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: Eldar's Guild Act III

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 am

"I see," rwhen smiled at Crys. "I happen to think that Vanadarlin' is on to something. After we tackle the library I think we should check all the other rooms." With that rwhen was away. Opening the double doors to the two story room was always a thrilling and impressive sight. "I forget just how big this place is when I have been away for a while," she whistled through her pursed lips. Turning to Crys..."what buttons did you push? I didn't even know there were buttons. Efff Teee must have modernized this place recently."

Crys showed Vanadarlin' and rwhen the keypad located just beyond the first set of shelving. Crys pushed the button again and nothing happened. A pulsing green light showed there was some function for the buttons, but the books did not re-arrange themselves again. Where there should have been Azimov...there was Zelazney. Vanadarlin' tried pushing all the buttons...they each lit and blinked bright green simultaneously.

To their utter astonishment a soft voice issued forth....."Quit ringing the bell, I hear you already."

The three ladies jumped backwards from the mysterious voice and evil contraption that held it captive. Vanadarlin' dropped her half eaten sandwich and wiped her mouth turning first to Crys and then to rwhen. As rwhen leaned forward and tentatively moved her finger to press the gadget, as if it would bite her - she touched one of the green lit buttons and jumped back to the safety of her friends.

"I said I heard you, what do you want?"

"Eru and the Eldars preserve us," rwhen sputtered - "there is someone restrained behind the walls. What mischief is this?"

.........:D

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby FrodoTook » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 pm

"Quit ringing the bell, I hear you already...I heard you, what do you want?" came a voice from behind the book shelves.

"The books ARE in proper order".

"And never mind the furry feet you see below the book shelves and the feather duster you see above the books starting with T"

FT thinks he is talking to himself again but hears a near silent "gasp" from the other side ...then does talk to himself..."Hmm, it has been a long time since anyone has visited the Eldar Library and those voices do sound familiar"... "Well, I am pretty much daft. Maybe I am just imagining things"

The hobbit shrugs his shoulders and continues dusting....still thinking..."those voices do sound so very familiar".
Last edited by FrodoTook on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Leoba » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 pm

You know it's been a while when suddenly you realise that you're eligible for full Eldar's membership and not just honourary admission! :shock: In the first post of this thread it lists my age as 23 - by Manwë's breath was I really that young when I started out here?!! :rofl: I'm sure you guys can all do the maths but I suspect it's cardigan and slippers time for me (always was, if truth be told, at least this time of year).

"Nice library" said Leoba, hoping to attract the attention of one of the owners of the voices on the other side of the room. "I say, do you carry a copy of an atlas of Middle Earth? I've lost my copy and without it I... keep getting lost".
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby FrodoTook » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Leoba wrote:"I say, do you carry a copy of an atlas of Middle Earth? I've lost my copy and without it I... keep getting lost".

"Hmmm, another familiar voice..maybe I am not just imagining"

FT stops dusting and from behind the shelves pushes out " The Atlas Of Middle Earth" by Karen Wynn Fonstad"

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby crystal_seed » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:39 pm

"Welcome, Welcome Leoba! :hug: Glad to see you again. Yes time and tide do fly. I'm sure we have a copy...."

Crys sees the volume of The Atlas of Middle Earth pop out of the bookshelf and fall into Leoba's hands.
:Q

She then spies the feather duster moving on the top shelf, and a glimpse between the books of curly brown hair moving in time with the duster. :shock:

rwhen wrote:

"Eru and the Eldars preserve us," rwhen sputtered - "there is someone restrained behind the walls. What mischief is this?"

"I said I heard you, what do you want?"

It takes Crys a moment to realize the voice was issuing from behind the bookshelf, unlike everone else who began actively removing stacks of books in the vicinity of the 'T's in order to find the source of the voice.

"Why it's Efff Teee, our illustrious leader himself, tickling the tomes, varnishing the volumes, cleaning the codexes, sanitizing the syllibi, purifying the periodicals, dusting the documents, radiosterilizing the readers, washing the Wordbooks, sudsing the scripts, bowdlerizing the books, fumigating the fiction, hygienizing the house organ, mopping up the magazines,..."

"CRYS!!! "
:shock:

Rwhen tips her head and looks over her glasses at Crys :nono:

:blush: ... who slowly lowers the volume of Roget's Thesaurus she's been perusing through... :lol:

"...and alphabetizing the annuals."

:P
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby FrodoTook » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm

crystal_seed wrote:
"Why it's Efff Teee, our illustrious leader himself, tickling the tomes, varnishing the volumes, cleaning the codexes, sanitizing the syllibi, purifying the periodicals, dusting the documents, radiosterilizing the readers, washing the Wordbooks, sudsing the scripts, bowdlerizing the books, fumigating the fiction, hygienizing the house organ, mopping up the magazines,..."

Efff Teee chuckles as he hears CRYs wordplay. He moves quietly around to a secret panel on the far side of the library and steps in.

He sees CRY alphabetizing the books then walks up and stands next to her. He picks up the discarded volume of Roget's Thesaurus and starts helping her rearrange the volumns.

"Hey CRY, it surely is good to see you again. May I have a quick hug?"

:hug:

Over CRYs shoulder, Efff Teee sees rwhen, Vana and Leoba beaming with wonderful smiles.

He and CRY run to them with open arms...

:grouphug:

Efff Teee gathers himself, wiping tears with his sleeve..

"You know, the books were in proper order from the other side of the shelves, but it is very good for me to be back on this side again. It has been a long time indeed."

"So very wonderful to see all of you here again" :)
Last edited by FrodoTook on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby crystal_seed » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:43 pm

FrodoTook wrote:
"Hey CRY, it surely is good to see you again. May I have a quick hug?"

:hug:

"You betcha F.T. " :hug: "How in Middle Earth have you been? It's great to see you old friend. :happydance: "

FrodoTook wrote:
"You know, the books were in proper or"der from the other side of the shelves, but it is very good for me to be back on this side again. It has been a long time indeed."

"And we're glad to have you back on this side. Otherwise it might have been a 'Through the Looking Glass' experience trying to find a book in here.*" :shock:

*"And am I ever glad for once it wasn't me creating havoc by pushing all the buttons when I got here."
:whistle:
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby FrodoTook » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 pm

creating havoc

:lol:

Who would dare to do so?

Bring it on Eldars. :)

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 pm

FT my old friend!! Vana exclaims I have missed you so much hon!!

Ft and Vana exchange a hug as he moves between the women giving each a hug in turn.

It is good to see all of you here once more.

Looking over at Leoba Vana smiles, It is about time you come in and join us proper like. ;)
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 am

When Efffff Teeee steps out and startled rwhen...she drops her copy of Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. Running first to Leoba then to the master of the Eldars, she wipes some dust that got in her eye away, of course those are not tears...yes, dust, that is it.

"My Frodo Took, you sure do have a stocked library." She glanced at the book she had discarded and her face slowly reddened. "Maybe I shouldn't start at the beginning, but at the end..where all things really start. But they don't. Oh dear, I feel I have fallen down the rabbit hole somewhat." rwhen tried to look about for an exit when Crys and Vanadarlin' assured her that all was well.

"I think some tea would do quite well for all of us," Vanadarlin' offered to do the honors.

"I think some brandy would calm my nerves better," rwhen popped up with a bottle and glasses. She poured a round for all. "A tiny bit of something warm in our bellies will settle the nerves and we can get this library back to rights in no time at all."

"Effffff Teeeee, if you don't mind me asking...what are all the buttons and green lights for???" rwhen had made her way to the "K" section, meeting the Master close to the middle back of the huge room.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby FrodoTook » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 pm

rwhen asked..."what are all the buttons and green lights for???"

"Oh yes, they do deserve some explanation."

"They are a fairly recent addition. To really appreciate them you must have one of..."

FT pats his pockets

"Drat, where have I placed them now?"

FT continues patting his pockets then finally finds them in his vest pocket

"As I was saying, you must have one of these"

He proudly holds up a ring of many keys

"Each of these keys are specially made...for each of you. Your name is etched on your key"

FT hands rwhen, Vana, Crys and Leoba their keys. Each of them uniquely and beautifully crafted

"Now, would one of you please insert your key into the slot below the light board"

rwhen, very excited, inserts her key. The lights flicker and reform, creating a circle. A white center appears surrounded by four lights colored red, green, blue and yellow. At the same time, a panel above the lights opens. An outside view of The Eldar Estate can be seen then the scene changes. As seen from a birds eye view, the roof of the Estate slowly fades revealing the Estates interior and surrounding grounds

"Ok rwhen. Now touch the white button"

The center of the screen lights up, indicating where the kitchen is

"Now the blue"

The location of the library lights up with a blue background

"Now the green"

The location of the gardens appear in a subtle shade of green

'Now the red"

The location of the hot tub, tennis court and role playing stage appear back lit

"Now the yellow"

The rooms with Bananas, Canaries and Lemons in them become illuminated. :wink:

FT looks up to rwhen, Vana, Crys and Leoba

"Each of your keys will open many doors for you. The screen has not revealed all of the additions."

"Please do explore." "There is no telling what you may see or who you may meet." :)

=======

OOC..I actually thought of including reference to the "Simon" game when I thought of the circle of lights..but reconsidered. :)

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 am

a saucy voice came from the back of the library - "You didn't seem to remember to make me one of those fancy keys, didja Oh Master of the Eldars?"

rwhen looked horrified as she recognized the voice. Slamming her hands over her hears, she mentally willed it to go away and find another thread to menace her in...."That won't work and you know it, I am back to stay this time." The voice traveled to the front of the room, close to the doors.

The writer looked fiercely at the muse. "Go ahead and do your best Fionavar, you have NO idea what I have in store for you, but you just bit a tiger by the big toe. Now shoo!!!" rwhen blew through her lips. "Back to The Expected Party thread and don't show your silly face here again."

The voice slowly dissipated with a final warning, "do your best sweetie, I can come and go with the best of them."
~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 am

rwhen looked sheepishly at her friends. "She is upset with me at the moment...I seem to have written her into a very strange place this morning. So this is her way to get back at me." Changing the subject quickly, she fingered the lovely ornate key bearing her name.

"What a singularly magnificent display, Efff Teee," rwhen beamed her bright smile at all the ways the viewer could be used.

Vanadarlin' and Crys were examining the different colors, equally as awed by the display as rwhen was.

There was one pink light that caught her eye and she pushed it quickly before losing her nerve.

Efff Tee said softly behind her, "I see you have found the room where the flamingo's, cotton candy and tipsy elephants are kept." ;)

rwhen's mouth made the "o" of *I see* , but she clearly didn't. "Curiouser and curiouser."

How about you Vanadarlin'? You push one," rwhen urged her friends to the panel to see what they could find in the Eldars Guild.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Vana stepped forward and started to reach out then pulled her hand back. Looking to FT she smiles.

"These are rwhen's only aren't they?"

FT smiled back... "Yes but if you are asked to press the button for someone else then you can. But.... it may not reveal all that is there for the key holder."

rwhen looked a bit confused then added, "So if I have her press a button what we see may not be all that I have there or it isnt necessarily what they will see with their keys?"

"Yes that is what I am saying."

"Come on Vana press a button and let's see what it shows anyways!"

Vana beams a bright smile at her friend. "Okay!" Then she presses the lavender button to show lilacs in the garden.

"Is that all?" Crys asks.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby FrodoTook » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm

"There is no telling what you may see or who you may meet."

Vana presses the lavender button to show lilacs in the garden.

FT joins Vana in the garden, watching the gentle play of the butterflies.

They adjust to the cool breeze and settle upon the flowers..their wings become still...a beauty to enjoy...then they fly away.

=============

Flys away with Vana.

------------------

Your keys open many doors.

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby FrodoTook » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm

~Fionavar~ wrote:a saucy voice came from the back of the library - "You didn't seem to remember to make me one of those fancy keys, didja Oh Master of the Eldars?"

FT ( standing by rwhen ) looks over his shoulder

"Well...who do we have here?"

"I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you but will say I enjoy the sauciness in your voice. I also wonder how you found your way here and why you are haunting rwhen.

Please..do tell us more about you

I find you..intriguing...and welcome you to The Eldars."

FT presses the ? curious yellow button and makes a key for ~Fionavar~.

Does that make you feel more welcome?

I hope so and look forward to seeing which way you turn your key, which buttons you touch and what you see.

Welcome to The Eldars ~Fionavar~..but please..do be kind to rwhen.

She is a dear friend of mine.

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 am

rwhen paled..."Oh now you've gone and done it...she will be the death of me one day. I will let the cork off the bottle I store her in if she promises to behave." ;)

Deciding it was a good idea to change the scenery...rwhen found a small door under the letter "P" in the library. She fitted the key in and opened the door to find herself in the largest pantry she had ever seen. Her eyes widened ... "I HAVE got to get me one of THESE!!!" The shelves were filled with every exotic spice from all regions, herbs were growing in containers along both walls perfuming the air with basil, fennel, sage, dill and more. She stumbled at the shear volume of dried and fresh goods going on forever.

She turned back to Efffff Teeeee......"Just one question.....where are the shopping bags?" :P :D

:grouphug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am

Fionavar flitted above the group fingering the pretty key. "What to do, oh what to do." Snap!! A can of whipped cream appeared in one hand and a can of silly string in the other. Though she is only two feel tall and the cans about two inches...the amount of stuff that can come out of them is appalling!!

Quietly floating above rwhen's head and Eff Tee's shoulder....she mentally tapped them.

Within seconds rwhen was wiping away whipped cream from her face and Eff Tee covered in silly string was laughing.

"Funny is it Mister Man?" Fionavar emptied the can on his head and darted off to the rafters for a good chuckle.

Eyeballing Vanaladiel and Crystal Seed...she conjured water balloons ... one in each hand. Before she had the chance to toss them, rwhen closed her eyes and sent the minx to a gilded bird cage.

"I told you I shouldn't have let her out, she is a bit upset with me at the moment." rwhen cleaned off her face and continued into the pantry...pulling this and that to make a glorious meal.
~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

Postby FrodoTook » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 pm

"There is no telling what you may see or who you may meet."

FT laughs as he pulls the silly string off his face and head. He looks up at the rafters.

"You are quite mischievous Fionavar. I like that about you but will say I like whipped cream on my face..even more than I do silly string..more joyful to taste and easier to clean up"

Walks into the pantry to join rwhen while looking over his shoulder to see if Fionavar remains in the rafters or follows.

Entering the pantry, FT sees rwhen choosing this and that herbs from the shelves and is glad they were recently stocked

He walks up and places his arm on her shoulder

"Hey Jules, what are you working on?"

"By the way Julia, you look lovely"

"Would you like to hear some music while you prepare dinner?"

FT turns on the radio and lights a candle.

Oh now you've gone and done it
...thought Fionavar who darts into the room, knocks the radio and candle to the pantry floor, then flits back to the rafters.

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 am

rwhen had just put the pork roast in the screaming hot skillet to brown when the radio was tipped over. She looked up at her muse..."Really? Must you ALWAYS be a huge pain in my....toe? Can't you just be nice for once?" rwhen had browned the loin on all sides and added potatoes, onion and carrots to the skillet...some stock and into the oven to braise.

Fionavar pouted in the rafters. "I do NOT always pester you, this is in payment for the way you use me and write me. It isn't always fun being your muse ya know. Why not try lavishing me in gold and pearls some time...but NOOOOOOOO you have me dragged off, beat up, starving and simple minded most of the time. Just ONCE....."

"Hey, that isn't fair. I write you as is necessary for the plot line and you know that - find me a better plot and I will write you a better story," rwhen sniffed and let that set in.

Fionavar thought about it a bit. "I suppose I could do something with this dreary room. I mean look at it, books as far as one can see. Who reads books? Pfffffft."

The little muse slammed the door with the "P" on it, effectively closing off the library to Effff Teeeee, Vanadarlin' and Crys. A cyclone started brewing, round and round she flitted - the barred ones tried to get the doors open, no luck.

Crashing, creaking and banging ... all the noises combined. Finally it slowed and came to a full stop. The door to the "P" opened slowly....Fionavar at the top smiling. "See? Isn't this better?"

The interior of the library looked like Barnam and Baily's had thrown up.

"Nooooo," rwhen wailed. "Noooo this is most definitely NOT better."

"FINE..." Fionavar winked once and it was all back to normal. "Just try to find me again, I will be in Fiji or Bora Bora...maybe"

rwhen watched as she twinkled out of site. "oops"
~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

Postby crystal_seed » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Crys was still trying to figure out her key and the colored panel thing when Pandemonium broke loose.

It was very disconcerting to have a door slamming shut, even moreso not being able to open it and hearing what sounded like the inner workings of a food processor, only a REALLY BIG one churning the contents of the library! :Q :cry:

She almost fainted when the door finally opened and Fionavar revealed her handiwork. The BOOKS... :shock:

Fortunately, things were not permanently rearranged. Crys had just gotten used to finding things alphabetized backwards and wasn't quite ready for such a new change, an ad-libitum order which really would tax her poor brain.

She watched in shock as the pixie righted things and then announced her departure to warmer, friendlier climes.

Now what to do with the key?? :? And even more pressing, where to look for Pandemonium! She had tied him just inside the library doors, out of the way where he lay down next to a tall palm for a nap. Just as the book maelstrom started, and before the door slammed shut, Crys remembered the poor Bengel was tied. But.... there was only a frayed rope where the tiger had been before. :shock: :Q :Q

Crys almost fainted a second time. To steady herself, she grabbed the nearest book off the shelf, and opened it to read. Reading always calmed her nerves and she needed calm nerves to tell the Eldars that Pandemonium was on the loose!

Looking down she became confused. Nothing made sense. It all looked like gibberish, not even in a foriegn language. She quickly picked up another book and her growing suspicions were confirmed. Fionavar did put the library back in order, only she left the contents of the books in a jumble. All the words were backwards!!

'Uh,... FT, Vana, Rwhen, ... I hate to tell you this, ... but..... :shock: Has anyone seen Leoba lately?? ' :? ..... :Q

:D
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 am

I don't know friend...she is posting over on FB frequently.....maybe we should "poke" her over there :P

rwhen heard Crys' words with fear, "backwards" and it wasn't the library order she was referring to. She tried book after book and in every single one of them the writing was backwards. A brilliant thought occurred to her.

Grabbing Crys, Vanadarlin and Effff Teee...she used her key to open to a room that was nothing but mirrors, head to toe mirrors. "I think if you hold the book open, you will see that the mirror reflects the words back the proper way," she smiled to the trio.

Vanadarlin' was first.."Yeah, but it isn't like we want to spend the rest of our lives with a mirror in our pockets or in this room just to read."

"And we wouldn't need to read this way if it weren't for Fionavar in the first place," Effff Teee offered kindly. "Is there maybe a way to get her back again?"

"It sounded to me like she is good and gone," Crys voiced what the others were thinking and all three sets of eyes turned towards rwhen.

"I think I hear the timer in the kitchen," she whisked away to retrieve the pork roast. Indeed it was ready and looked beautiful. After letting it rest, she noticed that the other three had already set the table nicely and all that was left was to serve it up.

She felt some movement behind her and looking down, there was a tremendous tiger who had been drawn to the aroma's of the cooking meat a few feet away from her...fortunately closer to the stove. Backing away slowly....

CRYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby FrodoTook » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:30 am

rwhen wrote:

She felt some movement behind her and looking down, there was a tremendous tiger who had been drawn to the aroma's of the cooking meat a few feet away from her...fortunately closer to the stove. Backing away slowly....

CRYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hearing rwhen's scream, Effff Teee, ever quick on his feet, nimbly jumps onto the tigers' back, runs along it then leaps grabbing the pork roast. He leaps out an open window, pork roast in tow, looks back in and taunts the big cat..."Here Kitty Kitty...Here Kitty Kitty" :thppt:

"rwhen... get crys in here... QUICK!!!!"

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby crystal_seed » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 pm

FrodoTook wrote:
rwhen wrote:

Hearing rwhen's scream, Effff Teee, ever quick on his feet, nimbly jumps onto the tigers' back, runs along it then leaps grabbing the pork roast. He leaps out an open window, pork roast in tow, looks back in and taunts the big cat..."Here Kitty Kitty...Here Kitty Kitty" :thppt:

"rwhen... get crys in here... QUICK!!!!"

Crys heard Rwhen's scream, but was having the dickens of a time trying to find the door in the room full of mirrors- Just when she thought she knew which direction she had to take, she stepped forward and bumped her nose. Hearing the commotion which she assumed was coming from the kitchen, because she could smell a particularily delicious roast wafting up on the breeze, she closed her eyes and began taking small steps, following the scent. When she bumped her nose again- she opened her eyes and was facing the door, which she exited post haste and entered the kitchen to see Pandemonium.
She also glimpsed Efff Teee through the window, in the yard, waving a perfectly braised and juice roast over his head, enticing the cat on. :Q

'NNNNOOOOOOO, EEEFFFFFTTTEEEEEEE, DDDOONNN'TTTTT'
Crys screamed.
It was as if time slowed down to a snails pace. She watched in horror as the White Bengal coiled and sprang through the open window, landing full force on the Guildhouse Master, knocking him down and pinning him to the ground under her tremendously muscular paws. Her massive head bent over his as she sniffed. Efff Teee while only hobbit size was ready with life and limb to fiercely protect the precious meal rwhen had so wonderfully and caringly prepared for them (not to mention the brave act of saving the cook as well).
Pandemonium spied the roast in Efff Teee's outstretched hand. She sniffed, then snorted and turned her attention back to the Hobbit, who was beginning to struggle, have difficulty breathing under the weight of the tiger. She then bent her head low, opened her mighty jowls and.......

gave Efff Teee the biggest, sloppiest, wettest Kitty-kiss he ever had received in all his hobbity years! And then she did something very unexpected....
She started to purr, and began grooming the leader of the Eldar's Guild.
By this time, Crys, Vana and rwhen who was weilding the largest iron frying pan she could lift, came running out onto the lawn.

Crys walked straight up the the tiger, grabbed her by the collar and began reprimanding her as she dragged her off Efff Teee.

'Bad Kitty!! BAD, BAD Kitty!! We do NOT knock people over and pretend they are kittens!! NO! Sit there and behave yourself!'
She looked apologetically at the small group on the lawn, and offered a hand to FT to help him up and gave him a handkerchief to towel the tiger-drool off his face.

I am SO sorry, I was going to mention I left Pandemonium at the front door of the library, but then I got caught up with seeing you all again- and forgot to ask permission if she could stay. You see, she really is just a big kitty at heart and she's not dangerous, really not..'
Crys tried to emphasize what she was saying by walking over to the big cat, who by this time, had laid back down again, but was still keeping a watchful eye on FT, licking her chops. Crys knelt beside her and began scratching her behind the ears and under her big chin, to which she responded with a deep, resonant purr, then she rolled on her back, exposing her belly so Crys could scratch her favorite place.

Rwhen was visibly upset and spoke up, 'But you saw it! She was just about to make a meal of FT!! In fact, she even IGNORED my Roast and seemed to want fresh game instead!'

Crys realized, albiet rather slowly, why they were looking so concerned.
'Wait a minute! You thought she was going to make a meal out of.... :shock: That she tackled him for din... :Q :blush: Uh, no, eheh ...hehehe :lol: you've got it wrong. Pandemonium wouldn't hurt a fly much less a Hobbit! You see, she's a vegetarian!
To prove her point, Crys pulled out some cucumber sticks she had grabbed from the kitchen. The Bengal tiger sat up so quick and wrapped a large paw around Cry's hand, pinning it down so she could get at the treat. At first it looked like she was making a meal of Crys's hand, but there was not scream of pain, nor look of shock. Having success, she proceeded to lift her head up throwing the small sticks into the back of her mouth, chewing and using her large tongue to help in the process of mastication. Crys wiped the slobbery hand off on her skirt.

Oh, and another thing- Rwhen, she wouldn't touch the meat, because.. you see, she has no teeth! :D

(P.S.- Pandemonium is also potty trained- but I can't vouch for no accidents if there is a golf course with a sand trap on the grounds :P)
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:53 am

Vana had come running into the kitchen when rwhen screamed as if someone was killing her. She arrived just before Crys and saw the beautiful white tiger jumped through the window and pegged FT to the ground. The shock must have registered on her face because it was not long for Crys to see that the others had not grasped the actual humor in the situation as of yet.

When Crys explained about the tigers being a vegetarian and had laughed a good time to herself, Vana could not help but smile and as the tension left her found herself laughing out loud with Crys. To the point that tears were running down her cheeks as she helped FT off the grass and back to his feet. He smiled but not as reassured as the others were beginning to feel. Of course he had been the one that the tiger was standing on.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby FrodoTook » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:15 pm

As Vana lifts him, Eff Tee explodes with a very hearty out loud laugh as he wipes Pandemoniums' drool off his face.

"By gosh, I thought I was a gonner when that big white cat landed on me"

Eff Tee..seeing the big cat is now on her back..approaches her and rubs her belly.

Eff Tee hears the big cat purring and loves feeling the vibration.

+++++++++++++++

OOC...

I do, so much, love cats. I miss having them..as personal pets and friends.

Thank you crys.
Last edited by FrodoTook on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby FrodoTook » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:53 pm

rwhen sees Eff Tee rubbing the big cats' belly and is relieved, knowing that he might not be the big cats' latest meal

Then... :)

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby rwhen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 am

"Did anyone think to grab the roast in the process?" rwhen felt that maybe a bit too much had gone on in that day.

With a grin, Efff Teee lifted the roasting pot up, lid still firmly attached. "Why not come and pet the kitty, rwhen...he doesn't bite honestly. I don't think he could if he wanted too." Efff Teee smiled and headed to the table.

"Rwhen, please meet Pandemonium, my vegetarian toothless friend," Crys lead the snowy white tiger back to the kitchen and to rwhen's side.

aaaaaahhhhhhccccchhhhhooooooo the girl blinked her eyes and carefully patted the head of the tiger...that wasn't enough for Pandemonium, he started trying to rub up against her thigh and back around under ..... "I am a bit allergic, but love all animals. I think we have plenty of salad to share...why don't we all sit down."

Vanadarlin', pulled out the chairs and lit the candles, softly humming an old elvish tune. The light overhead dimmed slightly and the feast was brought to the table.

"I don't know about you," Vanadarlin' began "but this has been a very long day. Let's enjoy this great food and then relax with a reading by Efffff Teeee in front of a cozy fire before turning in."

Everyone agreed. Rwhen hoped that the silence at supper meant that the food was delicious. Efff Teee eventually was patting his full belly, "I guess I could stop now...you know how a Hobbit loves to eat and that was a fine meal rwhen."

The ladies had stopped a full half hour earlier, but waited patiently sipping wine for Effff Teee to finish.

"Now how about a lovely reading and some tea in the ......." Crys looked at her key and then her friends, "where IS the den?"

The friends laughed and went in search of a proper place to relax and close the evening.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby FrodoTook » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 pm

FT enters the den and finds the ladies resting comfortably in their favorite chairs sipping their drinks. The big cat is curled up in front of the blazing fireplace and Fionavar is sitting on the fireplace mantle swinging her feet.

"OK, Mr. Efff Teee, you have "finally" arrived. Now how about that story you promised?" says rwhen as she looks at him sternly. She winks at Vana and Crys as they see the Hobbit clearly fidgeting.

The Hobbit stammers..."Oh yes, sorry about the delay. I..I went outside for a smoke. Erm, It is quite lovely out tonight.

But a story you say? Hmmm, how about something different?"

Quite put out, the Hobbit runs to a nearby cabinet and brings out his favorite violin. Gathering himself, he sits down in front of them and begins to play. The ladies close their eyes and envision lakes reflecting rainbows and snow capped mountains. They see rolling hills of green grass with horses running here and there some followed closely by their colts. They hear babbling brooks and the sweet song of birds. The ladies imaginations run free as they listen.

The Hobbit ends the tune and sees the ladies have all fallen into slumber. Crys, Vana and rwhen look beautiful.

The big cat has rolled onto her side purring gently and Fionavar is nestled in nape of the big cats neck.

The Hobbit smiles then adds more wood to the dwindled fire.

"Now, for a little stroll"....he thinks to himself.

He dons his traveling cloak, quietly opens the front door to the estate and takes a deep breath of the cool crisp air.
"Yes, a wonderful night for a walk"
Shutting the door behind him, he pulls the hood over his head and sees a shooting star nearly graze the crescent moon.
"Yes, a wonderful night"

=================

The Hobbit returns as the sun is just rising over the White Downs, bathing them in gold. Entering the estate he hangs up his traveling cloak.

"Hmmmm now, is that bacon I smell cooking? :) What a delightful way to start a fine morning"

Smaug the Golden.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby ~Fionavar~ » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 am

She gave a tiny bitty sneeze that could only be heard by those with very big ears or one of her kind. The sneeze didn't actually rouse her though...it was something else. It was warm...it was wet...it was....DROOL. Upon the realization that she had somehow fallen under a waterfall of drool, Fionavar snapped her violet eyes open only to find she was surrounded by a sea of white fuzz and wetness. Though she was only around 2" in length...you would be surprised how much territory one little imp can cover when riled up.

The tiny muse crawled out of the slime and with a snap of her finger she was hovering above one large ear of the snowy tiger. "Wake up you bag of sawdust, lazy bones or I will turn you into a nice fireside rug," she tugged on the ear just for added measure. "What? Are you deef or something?"

Crys, who had been watching the exchange with amusement added, "well in fact Fiona, he is. Let me introduce you to Pandemonium...he is harmless really, just stay away from the drool," the lovely lady advised.

Fionavar sniffed and glanced around the den. Then she noticed that rwhen was still asleep. "I bet this was her doing...putting me under the jowls of this great beast. I was slumbering in a hammock between two bird of paradise blossoms in Fiji and now this." She indicated the room with exasperation. In a wink she appeared over rwhen's frame and tapped on her forehead. "Did you bring me back for a reason oh great one or just for your amusement?"

The elf immediately jumped up. "What in the two towers of Mordor are YOU doing back here? I certainly didn't conjure you." rwhen rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and noticed that it was morning...Eff Tee was gone and Vanadarlin' was rousing. "I know..you were dream teleporting again, weren't you!!"

"I was?" Fionavar looked a bit abashed. "I forgot about that. What can I do to make it up to you?" She bowed low right under rwhen's nose.

"Stop that," she swatted at the tiny muse, "and please be kind enough to get the breakfast started. Coffee, tea, scones, berries, clotted cream, bacon, eggs, pancakes and syrup I think to start." rwhen made a shooing gesture.

"Is that all your highness? Maybe I should just wink in an entire grocery store for you." With a pout the little beast winked out of site and it wasn't long before the aroma's of a wonderful breakfast could be smelled.

The front door closed softly and Eff Tee entered the room. "Where have you been all night?" Vanadarlin's soft voice asked the question all three had wondered.

~Fionavar~
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth