Eldar's Guild Act III

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Trasmerg38 » Tue May 02, 2006 8:30 pm

Lovely report, Rowanberry!! :clap: I'm glad you had such a good time! And I agree with Vana, when do we get piccies?? :D
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Wed May 03, 2006 12:49 pm

What? You want pics of that crazy bunch as well?

Well, here you are... :D
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed May 03, 2006 7:49 pm

Thank you Row for those. But where were you in any of the piccies??? :shock: I want to see you too. :D
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Thu May 04, 2006 10:08 am

Those pics were all taken by myself - if you want to see me at the moot, go to the thread where I posted my moot report, and look at some other people's photos (at least truehobbit and cemthinae took a few where I'm in).
rowanberry

Postby Trasmerg38 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:25 pm

Your pics were beautiful, thanks for sharing! :hug:

*runs back to report to find piccies of Rowanberry*

8)
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 04, 2006 10:27 pm

Thanks RowenBerry. I will run off and do that right now. :D
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby prmiller » Fri May 05, 2006 5:05 am

I love pictures! Now, if only I could take them myself without:

Thumbs in the lens
scenes all a tilter,
faces unfocused,
lens flare! No filter!
Leaving the cap on
film missing, too.
I'd love to take pictures...
as well as you do!

Photographically-challenged,
Parm :)
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Trasmerg38 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:09 pm

Parm, you write the most perfect poems!! :)

I recently took a bunch of piccies and discovered three were taken with the lens cap on. :roll::D Thankfully it was a digital camera! But when I went to San Francisco a couple years ago I brought my film camera, and took lots of pics of the Golden Gate Bridge and Pier 39 when I realized that the film wasn't loaded properly. :bang:
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 09, 2006 8:11 pm

Have you ever noticed this?

WE now remember things that are on "remember when" lists

We can laugh at the hair styles we once wore (behives, mullets, teased hair)

WE laugh at the style of clothes that we wore (tye dyed shirts, army jackets, mini skirts, hot pants, go go boots)

We worried about what other people especially our peers thought of how we dressed or what we looked like. (Who cares now, we are just happy to be alive)

We can remember when we got our first color tv or the first micro waves.

The first cassette players we got we had to hold it near a speaker to record a song we liked.

Stereo's were new and came with a turn table for records

8 track tapes.. Nuff said about that one!

There were no computers nor cell phones. I mean if there were such a thing as a computer it would take up a whole house to have one.

Kids actually got out and played with other kids and got fresh air

Most moms were at home when the kids came in from school

t-shirts were underclothes

thongs were worn on the feet

gas was only 23 cents a gallon

Minimum wage was less then $2. an hour

swim suits were modest

families ate at the table together and discussed how everyones day went

parents took a keen interest in their kids lives

smoking meant cigarettes

What ever happened to the good ole days?? :D

See if you can add more "remember when" moments here!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Trasmerg38 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:50 pm

Gotta love 8 track tapes!!! My favorite was when the track changed in the middle of a song! :roll: :P

Remember transister radios? and Kodak cameras? and banana seat bikes with the high handlebars! :D

I remember standing in the kitchen talking on the phone because the cord didn't stretch long enough to sit at the table.

Remember when you had to wait a whole week for the next episode of Star Trek? :shock:

:clap:
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Wed May 10, 2006 11:57 pm

A class to learn typewriter skills
when drive-in movies gave us chills;
the reel-to-reel with film and tape;
the popsicle -- (I lived for grape!)
Fudgsicles, and comic books
that cost a dime (not now! the crooks...);
movies you came back to see,
that did not end on chapter three!
records played at 45,
that cat Dave Clark who made us jive!
the Wall that split Berlin back then,
when one more war used boys and men
and some protested strong and loud;
when we saw both sides of a cloud,
as Joni Mitchell sang and knew
we wanted love and freedom, too.
What memories fill up my mind
of places I have left behind,
but when we talk and reminisce,
some touch us and are things we miss.
prmiller

Postby rowanberry » Fri May 12, 2006 12:44 pm

Some of my memories may be a bit different from yours, although I remember a lot of those things you've mentioned.

There were only two TV channels, on which the programme started around 4 pm, and ended well before midnight.

It took several years before a movie was shown on TV.

Faithfully listening to the only pop & rock programme on the radio every Saturday.

The first flight to the Moon.

Mini Vogue perms.

The first supermarkets.

The coming of local radio stations.

Wearing a long-sleeved shirt with a short-sleeved sweater... :roll:
rowanberry

Postby Trasmerg38 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:36 pm

The toxic aroma of home perms. :shock:

Cream rinse.

Chinese jumpropes, hopscotch, paper dolls, paddle balls and jacks.

Drive-in movies

Hip hugger bell bottoms! :D

I also remember sitting at the gas station for hours, waiting our turn. :shock:
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri May 12, 2006 8:40 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :clap: I remember all those things. I am loving this trip down memory lane.

Dress codes at school. (Girls couldnt wear pants and boys wore slacks not jeans. Gym uniforms of t-shirts and shorts with sneakers.)

penny loafers with pennys in the slot

sock hops (school dances that werent fancy)

Your first car had a stick shift (Gosh, :shock: did they have automatics back then?)

Penmanship was a required class.

Math class without the aid of your peechee chart. (Now the kids are required to get Scientific Calculators) What happened to using your head and doing the problems? :roll:

Malt shops and the after school hang outs.

Juke boxes and soda fountains

Change back for your dollar at McDonalds with a full meal. :P

House payments of less then $200 dollars. Rents of $35 a month for a nice apartment.

When families didnt think about how many kids or when to have them.

When sundays were family days and most went to church.

No one shopped on sundays cause stores werent open anyways.

Dining room sets were vinyl covered chairs and tables with a grey marble type pattern on top.

Hand-me-downs were necessary not just for the heck of it.

Swiss dot dresses that itched with full rufflie slips that made you look like you were a flower

To add just a few memories there.......
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Trasmerg38 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:04 am

Another month gone already! Where does the time go...

Our lease is up in the middle of July, so Mr. Trazzie and I are in the process of house hunting. :happydance: We've been preapproved, so the next level is finding the right house....not as easy I wish it was, but being the first time I've shopped for a house, I'm rather excited.

I'm also enjoying hanging around at my sister's house, well actually her pool. :D I'm getting so spoiled! Also getting a bit of a tan, which is really odd for me. I'm always so white I blind people when the sun reflects off of my legs. :P

How is everyone spending their last days of Spring (or Autumn for anyone in the Southern Hemi) :) Seems high time for a bar-b-que...
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed May 31, 2006 7:10 pm

Well, I am spending the time now counting down till I fly out to visit some other TORCers on the 9th of June in Michigan. Then we fly on the 12th to visit with my love's Grandparents in North Carolina for a few days. Then back home again!

Then I am trying to figure out when will be the best time for me to be laid up and having surgery on my foot. It appears that I have rheumatoid arthritis in my foot that has been causing me great pain for the last year and a half. So they need to go in a fuse some bones so they dont move and rub. I am wearing a walking aircast right now and it seems to be doing the job along with the cortisone shot they gave me in the joint. At least I have insurance so that will help alot!!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Trasmerg38 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:45 pm

Oh dear Vana, what a thing to have to plan for! :( My aunt has rheumatoid arthritis and it pains her alot. I hope the surgery will fix the problem. You'll be in my prayers. :):hug:

Until then, have a great time in Michigan and NC! :clap:
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Thanks Sweetie!!! :hug:

Just for everyone's information.......

DID YOU KNOW?

I got this from the welcome thread.....

Just wanted to let everyone know that TORC will be undergoing some big changes June 2-4, and the boards will probably be down for 2-3 days (though, if I'm lucky, it might only be 1 day).

This is something that's been in the hopper for a long time, and it'll be good to finally see it come to fruition. Here on the boards, here are the things that are gonna change:

* Slightly new look
* No more My Settings or My Info - everything will be managed here on this messageboard
* Profiles!
* Premiere Membership Changes:

* Sig Pics and Titles no longer need to be approved
* Private Messaging instead of My Buddies
* No more My Favorites (which no one is really using anyway)

And the big one is that Premiere Membership will be dropped to $4/mo when purchased month-to-month, and that a full year will only cost $40! To do this, all Premiere Memberships will be managed through PayPal.

The site will go offline Friday evening morning (June 2), and will be back online on Sunday night (June 4).
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Trasmerg38 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:00 pm

:Q Thanks for the heads up, Vana! I surely would have wondered, as I'm not always surfing TORC (instead I use the "watch this thread" function).

I hope everyone has a good weekend (and that everyone can survive two days without TORC!!! :roll::D)

:grouphug:
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:19 pm

Have a nice trip, Vana! 8) Hopefully your foot doesn't trouble you too much!

Hope that the TORC makeover will go smoothly, and we'll get back here on schedule. And, everybody, have a nice weekend! :)
rowanberry

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:11 am

Well, we are back online here. The new boards do look a bit different and some of the changes look good. Now lets see if they can work out all the bugs before too long. I got faith in them, Jon snd Ted!

We leave for our trip this thursday and I am getting so anxious!!! I havent taken a nice vacation since going to the Gathering in Toronto in 2003. I am long overdue!!!

So hold the fort for me ladies and I will report back hopefully with piccies available for you all to see. :D

:grouphug:
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:42 am

rowanberry wrote:Some of my memories may be a bit different from yours, although I remember a lot of those things you've mentioned.

The first flight to the Moon.

ROFL! The first time I read that, I thought it said "my" first flight to the moon and I went . . . :shock: Holy mackarel, rowanberry's been to the moon!!

Erm, sorry. Minor mental lapse there, I hope y'all will forgive me on the basis that I haven't been into the Eldar's in AGES. Hello to all the Eldars . . . :D

The Memory Lane thing was cool to read . . . I'll add:

-Homemade Kool Aid popsicles
-Mom's Tupperware Parties ( I always scored big the next morning with the food leftovers ;) )
-stove-top coffee percolators - either Corningware or the clear Pyrex one (they made the BEST coffee too *sigh*)

Vana, how is that foot doing? Are you dancing without that air cast yet? :D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:49 am

Nice to have you back in here Scribbles!! :hug:

We had a great trip back to Michigan and NC in June. The weather wasnt too hot and it barely rained. We missed the hurricane that was suppose to sweep through NC. The Pool Elf went panning for gold and found some. He also found garnets and amethyst for me. :D We got to see fireflies and they are awesome. We even got to hold one.

Concerning my foot. I have an appointment this next wednesday to go over all the preliminary things before my surgery on the 29th. They will be fusing the bones in my left foot at the arch. Seems in the two years since it started hurting it has caused some major damage so they have to do this if I am to be pain free again. :roll: My biggest worry is will this happen to my other foot as well? :shock: I sure hope they can prevent that. Maybe next time I tell a doc that something hurts they will listen. :roll: I am seeking a new primary care physician cause he wouldnt even look at it unless it was swollen. It never was when I would see him. At least my Rhuematoligist xrayed it a couple of times then referred me to the Orthopedic surgeon. It only tookhim 2 minutes after touching it to tell me what was wrong. :roll:

Okay enough of that. Please pray for me as I have the surgery that it doesnt keep me from doing so much of what I love to do. The out of doors things the most. Like camping, hiking etc. I dont know how much mobility in my foot I will be losing.

I have to run. Off to work with me. Talk to ya all soon!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:44 am

Scribbles! It really is a long time since you posted in this guild! 8)

Vana, your trip sounds really marvellous. :heart: I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts at the time of your surgery, and wish for a quick recovery!

On my vacation in July, I also made a small domestic road trip with Mr Rowan and Hobbit Lass. We started at a small blues festival, drove from there to a bigger town to see some interesting exhibitions, and continued to a small rockabilly festival in the neighbourhood of another town. In all places, we left plenty of time for just being lazy and doing whatever we came up with.

And, last weekend, I was mooting with quite a few other TORCers; the Oxford Moot 2006 thread is in Talk. :D
rowanberry

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Rowanberry I am so jealous that you got to the Oxford Moot 2006. I am hoping that one day we (guru and I) can make it there to re-aquaint ourselves with our friends of Europe.

Your vacation sounds like it was so much fun too. I think that those things would be so cool to attend and enjoy with the family. :D :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:53 pm

LOL rowanberry, yes I know, it's been ages. :blush:

*sigh* Oxford Moot . . . I'm with Vana, green with envy (but still really happy for ya) rowanberry. I'm really dying to go back to England and this time, meet up with some European TORCers, but we're cash strapped and up to our ears in yard work so it might be a year or two yet . . . ;)

Vana, I'll say prayers for your surgery too, I'm sure it will all go swimmingly and you'll be dancing and hiking and all that good stuff before long. Hopefully, the amount of mobility you lose will be minimal, while the loss of pain will be total!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:43 am

Thanks Scribbles I know that we are hoping the same. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby prmiller » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:14 am

How grand to find a scrap of time
to visit friends in here,
the repartee, the cyber snacks,
the charming atmosphere.
It's true how places tug at us
and seem to call us home,
despite the length of days that passed
or where we chose to roam.
A chair is here, a cup, plate,
and all the grace of friends,
where goodness flows from many hosts,
where kindness never ends.

Bright blessings,
Parm :)...52 in one week!
Variations on a theme: winter here in Calgary...and elsewhere?

prmiller

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:53 am

Happy Birthday PARM!!! Yes, I know its a little early but I didnt want to miss it!! :D :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PstTBG » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:34 pm

Hello all, can a old friend stop in again? I see some new faces, but I see a lot of familiar ones too.
How has everyone been?
Any food fights lately? :wink:

Too Big
PstTBG
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth