Eldar's Guild Act III

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby FrodoTook » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:36 pm

The LotR soundtrack is a great chioce. Some nice soft piano or classical music would be appropriate for me as well.

Hey Vana :), my dear friend. I am so glad you saw my post. It is so good to see you and all who still visit the Eldars. I am no longer long hauling. I decided it was time for more home time. Long hauling was a great treat for a while...seeing many states I had never been in before and meeting so many very interesting people along the way. But I got homesick. I missed my wife, children and grandchildren more than I thought I would. Life was going by to fast, much like the scenery as I drove. I felt I was aging at an accelerated ( no pun intended ) rate while on the road so much. So I opted for a local driving job, I now drive a "Boom Truck"...Picture link to be inserted...15 minutes from home to job where I work from 7 am til around 5 pm Mon-Fri. My take home pay and benifits are both better than before so I made the right choice.

I have been at this new job for a year and a half but was recently out of work on disability. On June 11th, 2005 while at home building a patio deck I fell through the flooring. I fell down 3 feet with all my weight onto my left foot. I dislocated my left ankle and in the process broke 5 bones in my left foot. I was immobile for 3 months...watched lots of TV and gained 20 pounds. :shock: Then I went to physical therapy for 2 months and learned how to walk again. I returned to work on Nov 21 and have since then lost 15 of the 20 pounds I gained while being a couch potato :). My foot is still a little stiff and sore first thing in the morning, which it will probably continue to be but I am glad to be back at work. I was getting depressed being at home all the time feeling like a sluggard and wondering if, at my age, if I would even recover sufficiently to return to work. My bosses told me not to come back until I was 100% recovered. I think I am around 85% now but I am well enough to fulfill my duties.

This is the first time I have mentioned the above ( my injury ) at TORC and had really thought I never would. But being in this thread is so comfortable with people who genuinely care...well, there you have it.

So be careful...the studies are right...most injuries do occur at home.

Vana, I do want to say again how grand it was to meet you in Toronto at The Gathering. A very cool lady you are and my pleasure to know. Thanks again for your help at my Silmarillion Presentation. I really was stressing out when I thought I was not even going to be able to start it without my keyboard. Speaking of that presentation, doing it was one of the proudest moments of my life. I did not feel nervous giving it and I know I knew the subject matter. I needed no notes. I had rehearsed it many times, recording what I wanted to say on a small personal recorder as I listened to an audio version of the Silm as I was long hauling. Doing it for people I cared about really but me at ease. Your help put me at ease VANA.
If I had the opportunity to do it again, I would do only one thing differently. I would sit in the middle just behind the last row of attendants so I could be heard by everyone clearly.

Thank you again for attending VANA. Now you know how much it meant to me and your helping me, supporting me made it easy for me.
Last edited by FrodoTook on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:19 am

Sweet Master FT you honor me when I am but a humble student! It is I who was so honored to meet you. I am sorry that I did not know of your injury. I am saddened that you didnt come here and visit and find comfort during your trial. But I am ever so very happy to see you back and hear that you are mending as well as can be expected. Just take it slow and you will do fine!! Dr. Vana's orders!!! :D

Concerning Toronto, I cant think of anything that I was more thrilled with attending. I learned so much and got to put faces to the many friends that I have made here over the last 4 years!! I am still meeting and making new friends here and in the real world. I am planning a trip to Michigan this coming June to meet some dear ladies of TORC for the first time. They are the Middle Aged Crazies. We love the men of LoTR!! I guess you can say we swoon but in a very ladylike and gracious way. We have fun put it that way!! So I have not stopped meeting my friends of TORC in fact I believe I have many more travels and trips to be making to meet so many. I am also going, hopefully, to North Carolina after my stop in Michigan. So any of you in that area, let me know, perhaps we can get together somewhere along the way.

Traz I love my LoTR soundtracks!! No music better for working around the house, driving to work or just puttering around to. :D
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Trasmerg38 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:13 am

FT, OUCH!! :shock: :hug:
What a painful accident! I'm so glad you're doing better and are back to work. Did you ever get the deck finished? I hope you'll watch your step next time. ;) My hubby was working on some wiring in the attic several years ago and when he was just about finished, he lost his footing and put his foot through the ceiling. Insulation was everywhere, and on top of that, I had the flu. :roll: Thankfully he only bruised his shin.

Congratulations on the Mon-Fri job! And with a raise in pay and benefits to boot!!! :D

Vana, I agree, the LotR soundtracks are just the best! :love: :D

Vana wrote:...in fact I believe I have many more travels and trips to be making to meet so many.

Will Dallas be one of your stops?? :whistle:;)
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:19 pm

Dallas? Well you just never know!! I have been to Houston' airport on my trek to the Toronto Gathering in 2003. I do have friends in Texas so I just might have to plan a trip there sometime in the next year or so. :D I will definately be open to that possibility!!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Trasmerg38 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:54 pm

Vana wrote:I do have friends in Texas so I just might have to plan a trip there sometime in the next year or so.
Just make sure to let me know if you do! ;):D

At the end of this month I'm flying with my sister (who lives about three miles from me) to Hollister, CA (about an hour from San Jose) to visit our youngest sister. She's directing Arsenic and Old Lace at their local dinner theater and we're photographing it. I'm really looking forward to the trip. While there, we're also going to drive down to see my grandparents in San Diego. I haven't seen them in 6 or 7 years. Their health isn't the best, so I'm glad we're able to spend some time to go down.

Can't wait!! :happydance:

I hope all the Eldars are having a good February! :grouphug:
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:40 pm

Oh I hope you have a great time Traz!! You will have to share when you get back about how it was and all.
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:42 am

FT, that really sounds like a painful injury - fortunately, you weren't more badly hurt. But, a long medical leave can be quite stressing when you simply can't do anything. Glad you've almost fully recovered now. :)

Traz, hope you'll have a great trip! 8)

A week ago, our family spent the weekend in a town about one and a half hours' drive from our home. Mr Rowan and I attended an annual "twang" music festival, and the older daughter has a friend there whom she met in the afternoon. As we stayed at the hotel in whose nightclub the festival was held, it was no problem leaving the girls in our room while we went out; we could go and check every now and then that everything was all right. After a few years, when the younger one turns 18, she might want to come to the actual concert with us.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Trasmerg38 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:15 am

Thank you both, I'm sure I'll have a lovely time. I'll be sure to give a full report! 8)

Rowanberry, the festival sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad you were able to stay in the hotel it was held in. It must have given you considerable peace of mind to know you could check on the girls now and then and still enjoy the festival! :)

Where was the festival and who was playing at the concert? I love twangy music! :D
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:20 pm

I think I shall have to be willing to content myself with the news of all the goings on at various festivals and gatherings.

We are not due back to North Am until 2009 (or 2010, if we are hard pressed to stay in Japan(. Our son, bless him, will be then well of age to go galavanting here and there. It's hard to see them all grow up, but that is the whole point of parenting, isn't it? To see them grow up and start even better families elsewhere.

He seems taller than I am, but thanks to Ms. Teresa of
T-Tapp (an exercise program Mrs. Parm has be doing) I should be offsetting
that 'shrinkage' I hear takes place when one gets into the 50s and 60s.

Little Firefly was awarded Student of the Month for January, with a G.P.A of 3.9...we are so very happy for her, considering how hard Mrs. Parm
has worked to help her keep caught up when she misses school from
her frequent migraines.

As for Sunshine Girl? She is caught up in the maelstrom of preparation
for writing the "Transition" exam from Junior High to Senior High. Read:
B...U...S...Y!

So, we are, as are most families, actively involved in being actively
involved :D !
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:19 am

PARM isnt it wonderful to see how our children grow and how they add so much to the world around them? I am very proud of Aranel, Sunshine Girl and Firefly for all their accomplishments this year.

I believe that Sunshine Girl will do a great job on her paper. I cant wait to see what Aranel does as an adult. I think he has a great head on his shoulders. Firefly :shock: I am so very glad that she has worked so hard to get her work done even through the stuggles that she has had to face. I know the entire family had played a role in her being so determined not to let this hold her back and for that I am proud of the entire family. Your love and support have been an example for each and every one of us. My love to you all!!!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:34 pm

Traz, the festival was in Lahti, a smaller town about 70 miles from where I live. The performers were mostly Finnish bands, but one of the main attractions was a young British woman guitarist, Zoe McCulloch; I think she has visited the US too, but isn't very well known there yet. And, as my older one is a very reasonable teen, there's no problem in letting her take care of her little sister for a few hours.

Parm, great to see you! 8) Sounds like you can really be proud of your family!

Vana, hope that life is good for you as well! :)
rowanberry

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Rowanberry how nice to see that Mariner symbol underneath your name. Congratulations on your 5000 posts!!! :clap: :hug: :horse:

Go check this out; http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=88983
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:11 pm

Thanks, Vana. 8) You're a sweetheart. :hug:
rowanberry

Postby Trasmerg38 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:02 pm

5000 posts! Yay Rowanberry!! :happydance::hug: Congratulations! Lovely shield there!;):D

Zoe McCulloch is pretty awesome! She's been to the US a couple times although I haven't heard of her before.

Parm, you must be so proud of your family! It's amazing how fast they grow up! Good luck to Sunshine Girl on her Transition exam. :)
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:00 pm

Thank you for all your kind encouragements.
My son, bless him, hastens to remind me he is called
"Arahn of Imladris" (Dad!!!!)
Sorry for the misnomer...
...are we h..a...p...p...y now? Hmmm?
(OK.)
Good, now may Daddy Parm continue on with his friends?
(fo-shizzle)
Word....Gotcha! Ha!
Like...who's the man? Who's the man?
(You the man.)
Fo-shizzle!
Word!

(We have been watching far too many Ebonically-oriented DVDs :shock:)
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:51 pm

**giggles** I love to hear about the exchanges between you and Arahn!! :D He is turning into such a strong willed man. ;) I know the Lord has some special things planned for him in time.

Give Sunshine Girl and Firefly my love and :hug:!

I hope that Mrs PARM is doing very well. She takes such good care of you all. My love to her!!

Well, I have had an exciing week or so. Last Friday the 3rd I was at the bank when it got robbed. I was standing right behind the guy who held it up. He got away with some money but they caught him by that night. So many people got great descriptions of him and his vehicle. The weird thing was they let him leave then they locked us all in the bank so that we couldnt leave. :shock: I guess it was so the police could get all the information they could and keep us safe incase he had a gun. I saw the note when he left so I was the first to know that a robbery had taken place, that is except the teller. The note started "I have a gun!" Then on Saturday the 4th we had a guy shoplifting who got away but we got the license number of the van that was waiting outside to get him. We havent heard if they ever caught up with them. Anyways then again this friday we had another shoplifter who made two trips into the store. One of our gals spotted her and went to look in her car. There were several of the clothes out of our store on the back seat. :roll: No one said the shoplifter was bright. Anyways she went up to call the police as the lady was trying to leave again. They let her walk out and our store manager watched as she proceeded to drive away. A Police officer was driving by at the same time so she tried to turn around but he stopped her and we got our clothes back. We also found out that a shoplifter has to take about $250. 00 worth of stuff before they will procecute. She took $300.00 worth so they are going to peg her to the wall. :D We were excited that we can finally procecute someone and get the word out that we wont tolerate shoplifting in our store. Anyways I am getting to know the police very well since in all these incidents they have asked for ID from those around.

I think I will retire from crime fighting! *giggles* I feel like I am working with the police so much lately that maybe I should apply for a job or something......... NAH!! :D

I hope you all have a great weekend, whats left of it anyways!!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Trasmerg38 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:47 am

Wow Vana! Exciting is the word!! :D They say bad things happen in three's, so hopefully you won't have anything like that happening again for a while. ;) Then again, I'm not superstitious so just keep your eyes peeled. :shock: Fo-shizzle!! :rofl:

:hug:
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:28 am

Thanks Traz!! You definately made me smile about it. :D
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:38 pm

Whoah, Vana! That was quite a week indeed! :Q Hope it won't repeat any time soon...
rowanberry

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:06 pm

Me too Rowanberry me too!! :hug:

How is everything going where you are??
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:27 am

Happy Birthday, Vana! :drink: :clap: :hug:

I noticed on another board where you haven't posted for a long time anymore. :wink:

Hope you'll have a great day! 8)
rowanberry

Postby Trasmerg38 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:02 pm

Vana, it's your birthday??? :clap:

Happy Birthday!! :hug:

:happydance: :drink: :happydance:

Have a wonderful day!
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:05 pm

Thank you ladies!! I had a great day yesterday at an SCA event where I celebrated my birthday. :D
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:27 pm

Goodness!!! :shock: Where did everyone go???

I hope that all the Eldar's from this guild will speak out and be heard once more. Where is everyone??

I am doing some more traveling this summer to visit more TORCers. I will be in Michigan to meet with all the Middle Aged Crazies Guild that can make it. We are all ladies with great decorum and style. .... Yeah yeah dont laugh we dont drool on our key boards like all the teeny boppers. Well, maybe we do but not as much. :D
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rowanberry » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:02 am

Real life's got in our way, apparently... Maybe we should advertise the guild somehow - hint at it in suitable threads on other forums?

Myself, I'm travelling to Edinburgh for the weekend to meet some people, most of whom are TORCers. 8)
rowanberry

Postby Trasmerg38 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:44 pm

I'm here, I'm here! *waves at Vana and Rowanberry* :)

Maybe the place just needs some spring cleaning...what shape is the pool in? We should probably have it drained and scrubbed out, then filled again if it hasn't been used in so long. Advertising woudn't hurt either. ;)

That's awesome that you both will soon be visiting TORCers! Hope you have a wonderful time! Vana, drooling is just fine as long as you're discreet. :P:D

8)
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:54 pm

Traz I am with you. I think we need to spruce the place up and have another pool party and barbecue out by the bar.

I cant wait for you to get back here Rowanberry to give us a full report of all that you did and who you got to meet and all. I do hope you have a great time and the weather is good too. I would love to go there with you sometime. I want to visit there someday. Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England. Sounds like maybe I will have to plan that for the next vacation. :D

:grouphug: to all of you!!
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Trasmerg38 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:12 pm

While we're waiting for Rowanberry's report and for the pool guys to finish with the pool, I'll post a puzzle update.

Back in January I started the "Hay in a needle stack" puzzle. I have just a little over a hundred pieces left! Every now and then I'll sit and find two or three pieces, so it's coming along slowly but surely! :D

I hope everyone is having a lovley evening!

:grouphug:
Trasmerg38
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Tue May 02, 2006 12:20 pm

I'm too lazy to cross-post the whole thing here so, *clicky*. :D I think that you recognize most of the usernames, they're pretty much the same as here. Enjoy! :)
rowanberry

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 02, 2006 7:44 pm

Thank you RowenBerry for that cool report. I wish I could have gone with you all. I hope to someday get over there.

Now I cant wait for some piccies to go with it. :D
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth