The Even Greater Aussie Guild - Celebrating 10 YEARS!

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby mytherielle » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:42 pm

I would, but out of Sydney, so need longer trip to get there. :(

Were there any highlights for you?
mytherielle
Ranger of the North

Postby notlistening » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:14 pm

hey guys! did you see that Peter Jackson is coming to Sydney on the 12th March to do a 2hr talk at The State Theatre? It's $65 a ticket. They go on sale on saturday. ANyone besides me want to go?

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby samaranth » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:44 pm

Me!Me!Me!

:D

How do we book?
samaranth
Rider of the Mark

Postby notlistening » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:47 pm

Hi Sam/Rose,

They go on sale 9am saturday morning through Ticketek. DO you want to go together? that would be good. I have emailed you so we can work something out.

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby feaguire » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:07 am

I don't know if I'll go or not...

Would be fun, though.

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:10 am

This is just one of the wonderful advantages of you living in Australia :cry2:
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby notlistening » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:00 pm

NEE, there are lots of advantages to loving here. We are very blessed and spoilt! Wish everyone could come along to the Audience with PJ. Will post a report.

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby venetia » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:31 pm

Have fun at the PJ Audience , sydneysiders.....love to hear about it....
venetia

NL, this is seriously OT, but your sigpic nearly caused me to have a conniption, that is fabulous, coffee nearly went flying.. :lol: . :lol: :lol:
venetia
Rider of the Mark

Postby notlistening » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:28 pm

Venetia, your sig pic inspired mine! :D and I hope the coffee stains come out... :wink:

Yes, Samaranth and I have tickets now (thanks for buying, Sam!!) we are in row C! He'd better not talk too much about KK. :evil:
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Maewyn » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:52 am

Hello.

I've just been wandering around looking at different threads and I've just discovered this one. I've been a member of TORC for almost a year and I didn't know it existed until tonight! :)

I had often wondered how many other Aussies there were here.

I've read through this thread and am quite envious of those who can go to conventions, Howard Shore concerts and the Powerhouse Exhibition. You see, I live in Perth... Say no more! :(

Anyway, I've enjoyed the accounts of those who have attended these events and will continue to envy from afar!

Maewyn :)
Maewyn
Rider of the Mark

Postby feaguire » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:48 pm

Hey Maewyn

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be some exciting things in Perth for you! Or you could just move to Sydney... :wink:

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Maewyn » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:48 am

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be some exciting things in Perth for you! Or you could just move to Sydney...

feaguire - Oh, some celebrities come to Perth, but none LOTR-related. :(

As for moving to Sydney :shock: I'm a born and bred Sandgroper! I'd like to visit one day. However, there's the little matter of money to get there, and the fact that I work full time that makes it difficult. One day, she says, one day!

Maewyn :)
Maewyn
Rider of the Mark

Postby celebalqua » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:18 pm

Hi all
Haven't been in for a while and now I really regret it as I would have loved to go the see PJ in Sydney. I haven't been up to the exhibit yet, so I could have rolled it all into to one. Are the tickets sold out do you think?

Thanks for your report on the exhibit Sam really motivated me to get up there, which I am planning now for the end of the month, I hope. Work has been really hectic and we seem to have plans every week end. Can you tell me, are you allowed to do sketches in the exhibit. I thought I'd take a sketch pad so that I could have come lasting memories.
nl I hadn't heard about the thing at Latrobe, I will have to see what I can do, but March might turn into a very Tolkien month I don't know if my husband could cope!

Cheers
Cel
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby celebalqua » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:22 pm

I'm going!!
Rather excited! Am catching an early bird flight up to Sydney, will check out the exhibit and then see PJ and fly home in the evening. My husband was suppirisingly supportive. Unfortunately there weren't many tickets left for the talk by the time I booked so I'm in row V in the stalls but I don't care. notlistenning and samaranth can we meet up before/after and have another mini moot!

This particular weekend is going to be extremely busy as on the Sunday we are hosting a Deborah Conway party and are having all our friends over! It pretty cool really, she is selling her new album like Tupperware, you promise to sell 25 of her CDs and she come to your house and plays.

Now I need some info from the Sydneyites here. Where is the Power house museum in relation to the State Theatre? Will it take long to get from one to the other. I haven't booked for the exhibition, do you think I should??

See ya soon
Cel
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby notlistening » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi Cel,

so gald to hear you can come up!!! would love to meet up with whatever is best for you as you're the one doing the flying. Maybe an early dinner or something?

The Powerhouse is not too far to walk from the State Theatre. You can walk to Darling Harbour and over the footbridge to the Powerhouse easily and in about 20 mins is my guess, maybe quicker if you have long strides. :D

looking forward to seeing you there. I will check to see if I still have your mobile number.

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby samaranth » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:33 pm

You could catch the monorail - it connects the two!

Hi Cel, it's wonderful to hear that you'll be coming up to Sydney to spend 'An evening with Peter Jackson' ...and NL and I. :) It will be great to see you again.

I think you could get away with not booking for the exhibition...while it still is attracting crowds the long queues don't seem to feature as much.

I went back to the Powerhouse yesterday to attend the talk being given by Richard Taylor and Tania Rodger from WETA. It was very, very interesting and I'll write up a brief report, er, soon.

Your Deborah Conway party sounds terrific! She has a phenomenal voice (although I think if she played in our house the roof might lift somewhat.) I'd be interested to hear how the party went.
samaranth
Rider of the Mark

Postby notlistening » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:08 pm

why didn' t I think of that? slaps forehead well I'm lookign forward to seeing both you gals in about 10 days. It's been way too long since the Symphony.
I wonder if we can take photos?

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby celebalqua » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:09 pm

Hi all fellow Aussies and friends,
Yay for Cate Blanchett, she is a supurb actress and I love to see the Aussies do well in the Oscars, I haven't seen the Aviator but I am toild her performance alone makes it worth while.

nl and Sam I found out to day that my Museum Victoria membership will get me into the exhibit at members price, the girl on the phone said if I come early I will have no probs with crowds. There is also a deal that if you bring your ticket stub from the PJ talk you can get a 20% discount. I tried to haggle for this too but they wouldn't budge. I didn't really mind as I was already getting a discount.

I am taking my sketch pad to the exhibit. I want to take away some personal memories and as we are not allowed photography I thought this is a way I can have something to treasure. I'm not that much of an artist, but had a reasonable eye at school.

I am really looking forward to catching up nl and sam. I still have your numbers but if you have lost or deleted mine email me at:
celebalqua5@netscape.net

Cheers
Cel
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby celebalqua » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:16 pm

Hey Aussies I just thought of something really cool.
Tonight Andrew Denton is showing his interview with our Mary, but I always thought I would love to see him interview PJ.

Now on the Enough Rope web site you can suggest a guest. The Denton show is Sydney based so perhaps Denton could try and interview PJ while he is in town. What if we all suggest PJ on the enough rope site. Get everyone you know to suggest him and he might just do it!

here is the url: http://www.abc.net.au/enoughrope/

Cel
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby samaranth » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:11 am

Brilliant idea cel! I'll be onto that in a flash!

I forgot to mention that I saw someone sketching at the exhibition the other day - Galadriel's beautiful dress (Yay! Cate!) They're probably still there :D
samaranth
Rider of the Mark

Postby notlistening » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:36 pm

good idea Cel. Will go do that now.

I took note of your email address again, just in case.

Glad you can get the discount. Will you show us the sketches??

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby notlistening » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:10 am

hey sydney torcers, my work is sponsoring PJ's talk (now they tell me) so I may or may not be able to get a free pass. I am trying to lure lotrgrrl up here but if she can't come, any other takers?

email me at miss-doona@bigpond.com or call me on 0298771706.

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby celebalqua » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:37 am

Oh nl,
if you can get me a better seat than row v I would be eternally grateful :beg:

Cel
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby notlistening » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:26 pm

Cel, I'm sure we can work something out ;). These tickets just came out of the blue. If I had known about them before I would have emailed you and stopped you buying. No one has asked for them as yet but we can shuffle chairs no problem. As far as I know they are row C (not sure where) Sam and I are about 34,35??

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby notlistening » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:15 pm

For any Sydney or visiting the city Torcers who are planning to go to The Powerhouse LOTR thingy, I have 4 free passes to give away. It ends on the 31st of March I think. If you want any, please email me and I can post them out to you. miss-doona@bigpond.com

nl
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby JudyA » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:29 pm

I'd LOVE to go to the PJ event at the State - almost bought a ticket before I realised that we've got people coming over for dinner that night. :( Not thaT I won't enjoy seeing them, but still :roll:

Those of you who go, write notes and tell us ALL about it... :)
JudyA
Mariner

Postby lotrgrrrl » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:03 pm

*shuffles in from the wings*

hello! Long time no see, everyone. Haven't been on dear old TORC in ages. Tried a couple of months ago, but the site wouldn't let me post. And then a new life of both uni and work has swept me off my feet and declared "NO INTERNET FOR YOU!". In some ways I feel like I'd all but officially hung up my TORCing hat, but then life always throws something up....

I have been lured up to Sydney by nl for PJ (like that took a lot of convincing) :D Am very excited. Only 4 and a 1/2 hours until I leave for the bus stop... and try and negotiate my way to State theatre without getting lost... shall be interesting.

Speaking of lost, how many of you guys are regular viewers? Come on, fess up!
I am :) I probably wouldn't be if Dom wasn't in it, but I had to see what it was that made him miss the convention (*sniffle*). And now I'm caught up in the characters, etc. They're are some really cool ones. Am excited about the focus on Charlie next week! (btw - please no spoilers from anyone who has researched the island's secret on the internet, or possesses copies of all the episodes from the US). I like to live in an isolation tank.

For anyone interested, BOBW's LotR convention won't be til August this year. A long line-up of guests, but no big names and some that have been before (looks like Jorn is bringing his brother with him this time). I won't be going (need to save money for that big scary Real World that is looming ever closer...)
lotrgrrrl
Rider of the Mark

Postby samaranth » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:43 pm

Hello!

NL, after much dithering I went ahead and posted the report in Movies. here. I have edited it down a couple of notches, because I wasn’t really sure it was TOS friendly. Still a bit dubious, but we’ll see.

I have posted a couple of pictures here.

I’m still giggling about the clips we saw.
:lol:
It was great to catch up with everyone and to meet sh_wulff at last.

Until next time! :drink:

sam

PS: lotrgrrrl, I am completely hooked on ‘Lost’. So help me.
samaranth
Rider of the Mark

Postby celebalqua » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:29 pm

Sam I have added a few of my thoughts to the thread you started in m00bies, thanks for the report, it is excellent.

Thanks once again to nl for the seat and for letting me know it was on. I am so glad I got to see it. I am halfway through my exhibit report, and should post it soon.

Cel
celebalqua
Rider of the Mark

Postby lotrgrrrl » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:45 am

Sam & Cel - thanks so much for the reports, and Sam for the photos too!

It was a lovely evening, and nl has my eternal gratitude for the opportunity! So great to meet more TORCers and to also catch up with a few familiar faces!
lotrgrrrl
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth