NightGuards' Guild III - From the ashes awoken...

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Kaya » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:00 pm

Back home from the beautiful France again! …. Okay not really ‘back home’ anymore. I was at home for less than a day and am now at Alandriel’s :) We went to see the London philharmonic on Wednesday evening, for the LOTR concert and it was faaaaaantasic! :D ( and obviously I’ve now abducted her computer ;) with the verrrrrrrrrry nassssty keyboard ACK! :P while the ranger herself is enjoying a well deserved rest)

… let’s see if I managed to drag my muses back with me, or if they’re still making their way back home from France, hitchhiking. ;) But first…

*gives Alandriel a cup of morning tea* ;)

+++++

Eoden wrote: isn't that rather *cough* daring from the usually reserved, cool and aloof elfess?

special occasions require special reactions ;) and we don’t want her to grow roots either, do we? :P

Kind of 'disconcerting' if you ask the writer to see something coming close to a 'come hither' escape the lips of the eldar.

Next time I’ll see if I can convince the muse to tell him to back off :P (of course, she would never use that exact expression but I can’t think of a more elfish equivalent at the moment, it is late after all)

…and frankly he's a little taken aback at this very moment by Kaya’s display

He isn’t used to much then, is he, if a friendly invitation like that already gets him flustered. :roll: :P

What actually is she displaying? Kind of hard to tell just judging from that 'Kaya smiled'. There is no exclamation mark after the 'come here you' just a mere comma. There is no further description as to the nature of her smile. Is it a surrendering kind of smile or rather a bold one? The words are clear enough instructions – but what exactly does she mean?

:roll: lemme shed a little light here………

Kaya wrote: Then the look in her eyes somewhat changed: the mischievous sparkle remained though now another emotion
yeah, we really wonder what that could be :roll: :P
…was added. "Not quite close enough?" she echoed his words. Lifting one hand above the water she beckoned him with one finger. "Come here you," she smiled.
Maybe she smiled with a mischievous, loving twinkle in her eyes, hmmmmmmm? ;)

Eoden wrote: Of course there are the circumstances to consider as well: they're in a pond, a warm pond I might stress (at least from the Rohirrim's point of view)

:roll: warm water… If you’re gonna ‘tweak’ again, be very carefull! :P

she is in a shift (thoroughly soaked and hence clingy)

clingy?? :shock: yeah, you might be right :oops: …. But she also has long hair, which makes the ‘clingy’ not that obvious I should think, so you can tell him to forget about the image he was thinking to have here :P

he's only wearing what once used to be a pair of pants (the former remark of course applies as well only you cannot see that for that part is below the surface – and yes, some of you might say now 'thankfully so'

and warm, clear water is a bliss =:)

See what we've done now? We've scared a poor bird

Good, no nosy parkers needed :P =:)

Peeg, thanks dear, twas wonderful though much too short (as always) :)

Tyg, good to hear from you. Will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you’ll have a great break. :)

Jaeniver wrote: don’t know what happened

Don’t know what happened to you either… but I did hear some rumours =:) I shall tag you very soon of course, and grill you like a bambi burger over a barbeque :P =:)

Crys, hang in there dear. Thinking of you! :) And a great post, as always :)

Eari, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB to catch you on IM two night in a row. I really have missed you. Take care dear, and talk to you soon again I hope. :D

+++++

First she had expected him to play another trick on her. But when the elf noted Eoden surfaced again she felt he immediately wrapped her in an embrace, and she let him pull her closer. She swung her arms around his neck and it was hard to say who started kissing who. Her heart skipped a beat while a feeling of absolute peace filled her. For a while she had thought, feared, that it was not meant to be. That feeling now was in the past.

She looked at him while she caught her breath, her face still close to his. There was so much she wanted to know about him, so much he should know about her as well. She smiled a nervous smile. Yes, so much she would have to tell him - later.

Her fingers tenderly raked through his moist hair until she suddenly shifted one of her hands to his jaw line. It was strange, she mused silently, to kiss one who had growth of beard: it tickled. Her fingers traced over the stubbles on his chin. Her gaze shifted from his eyes to his lips, back to his eyes - ‘The most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen’ – and his look made her nervous and set her at ease at the same time.
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Jaeniver » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:50 am

kaya wrote:
Jaeniver wrote: don’t know what happened

Don’t know what happened to you either… but I did hear some rumours =:) I shall tag you very soon of course, and grill you like a bambi burger over a barbeque :P =:)

again with the rumours :roll: is this how the avarage movie star feels like? people knowing more about her life then she actually does :P

But glad you're having such a fab time :D will be waiting for you when you come home ;)
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby earendil81 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:59 pm

OOC :

Kaya FABulous indeed :D :D
And :rofl: :rofl:

IC:

She felt the hand on her forehead; she could not determine whose hand it was but there was a warmth in this touch that she had rarely felt before. She coughed… and again as the pain coursing her body apparently trying to draw a scream out of her lips: in vain. Even if she had wanted to scream she would not have been able; she had no strength left to cry.
She tried to move once, but did not manage to though nothing was there to prevent her from moving anymore. So much her bones were aching she could not even decide which ones were hurt and which would work properly if she tried to move them.

Finally she opened her eyes, blinking into the bright light of the sun – or was it something else? – that seemed to definitely suffuse the darkness that had enclosed her mind in their grip. Everything that had been dark before was now white and, at first, she could not see any shape around her, just a bright and white light that encompassed everything. Finally the light faded away and she could distinguish a figure in its midst; that of a woman. She blinked again, trying to chase more quickly that sorts of stars that were still blurring her vision but it proved useless. She had no power to control that either… and she was too exhausted to try anyway. Eventually the face of Crys appeared, as she removed her hand from Eari’s forehead, looking around searching for something the peredhel could not even imagine.

In a desperate movement not to lose the warmth of the Nightguard’s hand, Eari stretched out her arm to reach for Crys’s fingers but the pain that coursed through it finally drew a moan of pain out of her lips. She had no desire to face the judgment of her companions but neither did she wish to be faced with that shadow again; somehow she hoped that what Crys had done – for she had done something though what exactly the peredhel could not say – had chased away the shadow for ever but still she feared that only the contact of this hand on her head could prevent this nightmare from coming back. And so it seemed to be worth the pain that was now tearing her arm and shoulder apart as it ran down her back and legs as well.
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Eoden » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:24 am

He more felt than actually saw, for the shift in Kaya's countenance was all but invisible, betrayed only by the slightest quivering of her lips, first curving downwards but then immediately lifting back into a smile. There was something….. but then he knew there always would be something. How much he would have to tell her – and how much he would have to conceal.

The water suddenly felt cold :P ( happy now?? )

Eoden's eyes did not leave hers as he reached for the slender hand that traced his jaw line. Gently yet firmly he arrested her movement, his lips brushing against her soft skin before lowering her hand, both their hands, now intertwined. He guided the movement to come to a stop at her waist. A long moment of silence passed between them before Eoden slipped Kaya's arm, their entwined hands - behind the elf's back and then pulled her close once more.
The pain in his own side finally was evident once more but he welcomed the reminder. His jaw set suddenly as a violent shiver ran through his body. He knew he had to start somewhere. Slowly, he released her hand and then shook his wet hair. Pulling himself out of the water and onto the pond's bank he began:

"Tell me about …."

His eyes settled onto the elf as he turned around fully and let his weight settle into the soft, mossy ground. The way her hair glistened, the way her skin seemed to glow in the muted light underneath the willow…..

"Tell me about your life, Kaya. Tell me about how ….. "
'you managed to steal my heart against all odds and reason' he wanted to say yet finished with: "….you came to be here."

~~~~~~~~

OCC: thanks for the cuppa tea :D and sorry about the keyboard. I told you to invent a portable foldable one you can squeeze into your handbag – now you just have to battle this one again :wink: CS: soooo good to see you posting again! And Eari too. All we need now is to get Bréhon back – which I'm sure we will have shortly; just as soon as Kaya had a chance to ramble :wink: herself to exhaustion. Ducks as a sea-weed bomb flies his way
:wink:
Eoden
Shield Bearer

Postby Jaeniver » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:56 am

:Q :Q :Q Nobody say a word for me going into a swoon fit for hearing my rider's name :P it's been nearly three months!!
And he's been greatly missed ;)

and finally thanks to the help or Elengil and Eari my muse made a little something:
IC

The water at the edge of the lake went red as the befouled rinse water Jae poured on the soil washed right back into it.. Before long it would be sucked into the earth and be gone. Kneeling down she looked back over her shoulder. There, a bit further away, sat Bréhon and the blind man Keegan. Bré’s head hung, His shoulder looked sore.

A trembling sigh escaped her lips as she turned her gaze back to the somewhat higher fields where she could discern the shape of a woman’s body; bend and busy as if looking for something.

Suddenly the image of an unconcious Eari filled her mind and she took in a sharp breath. How could she have forgotten the peredhel who lay in the grass. ‘because, as always, you were to wrapped up taking care of someone else.’ Her mind shot back. Hastily she got up from the wet soil, grabbing what she left behind in one go and ran towards Crys.

Lifting the remains of her dress not to trip over any destroyed objects, Jae looked upon the bruised body of Eari. Parts of her clothes were either torn or burned though the elf’s eyes lingered on dark stains in her life side and shoulder. She ould only imagine what power had controlled her that had nearly drove her into the very flames that consumed the entire house.

‘Helyanwë,’ she whispered more to herself then Eari ‘le hi vi bann*.’ Or so she hoped. Not waiting for any kind of acknowledgement she turned to Crys.

“I brought the last of what could be of use.” And she unfolded the small leather pouch with needles , thread and some cloth and pushed it into Crys’ hands momentarily looking at Eari again. “Ask of me what you need.” She nearly pleaded.

*You are safe now
Jaeniver

Postby Kaya » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:14 pm

OOC – Eari, Crys, if I confused you with some things I wrote about the ng’s history, just tag me ;) :)

“Here in these mountains? Because of a decision made long ago...” Kaya frowned slightly, realised she would have to be careful in what she would reveal, and how she would word it. The only oath ever taken was that of silence, if not about what happened in the past then for sure about that what even these days still was a fact.

Gliding through the water with a few lazy strokes she then nodded when she came to a stop at the border of the pond. “Yes… shortly before the Northmen came to the aid of Gondor it was.” She rested her chin on her arms that lay crossed on the soft border, and looked up at Eoden.

“Evil was stirring and some of the Council of the Wise decided that people from outside were needed to help in the search for the truth – and later on in the search for the One. We did not find it.” She smiled faintly, apologetically, almost sadly, for their failing was the cause of so much pain and destruction. She swallowed and continued:

“The debris near the lake is the remnants of one of our old safe houses. A meeting place that became my home once the War of the Ring was part of that what was.” For a few moments she paused while she still looked at him. She hoped he would not ask that what she would not be able to answer with the truth.

In fact, she was unsure how much he wanted to hear about her past. If he wanted to hear more than how she had ended up in this isolated place in the mountains.
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby crystal_seed » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:22 pm

“I brought the last of what could be of use.” And she unfolded the small leather pouch with needles , thread and some cloth and pushed it into Crys’ hands momentarily looking at Eari again. “Ask of me what you need.” She nearly pleaded.

Dazed a bit from her experience in the 'mists', and slightly shocked that now she was called upon to post some sort of coherent answer before the next quarter was finished.... ( :P ) Crys took the sewing supplies from Jae, gratefully, because by this time her night dress and robe WERE a bit of a mess, and really DID need some mending....
WAIT... REWIND....
"I brought the las...blah, blah, blah.. ....looking at Eari, blah, blah... She nearly pleaded."
Crys gratefully accepted the extra cloth and sewing material for what was needed to begin the healing process on the peredhil's body. Eari coughed again, and seemed to be reaching out, trying to lift her arm, though Crys could tell with such an agonizing effort, she took the girl's hand and supporting her upper arm with her other hand, she placed it back down next to Eari's side, simultaneously checking for implanted listening devices that could destroy their whole secret operat.....
WWWWHHAAAAIIIHHHAIITT another minute......zzzeeerrrrewwwwwewerrrrrrrrrrppppp.*click*.... *crackle*....Cgatecasmfwwntbthpotpb. Eca,astbro,ttlha,tCctwsaae,sttghashuawhoh,spibdntEs, .. ah there! :!:

....simultaneously checking for broken bones, or disjointed tendons. The movement seemed to be normal, without resistance and the musculature was in it's place. Holding Eari's hand for the moment to comfort her during the coughing, to allow her to squeeze to alleviate the pain through dispersion, Crys continued the visual assessment of any apparent injuries.

Thankyou Jae, this will help, but what I need right now is to turn her over carefully on her side (the one with the dark spot) to assess her from the backside. I am afraid that she may have suffered broken ribs, and possibly a punctured lung if she fell or if something fell on her when the Guildhouse was burning down. But we must be careful ... those newcomers have telepathic abilities and might be reading our minds RIGHT NOW!!!- :shock: Do not think on ANYTHING related to what you have seen in the guildhouse...yes, think on...DUCKS! And... orange sauce... and a nice bowl of mashed potat....
AAACCCCKKK!!! NOT AGAIN! :x ...*click*....zzzeererwwwrrwwhhhiiiirrrrrrrrrrpp......*click*......bbbzzzzdddttt
addddadttaddt *click*

But we must be careful.... if it is as I suspect... when we turn her on one side, she may go into wracking coughing spasms, which shall cause her great pain, though it may just wake her up. Gently now....

Crys said, as Jae looked at her quite uncertain that she wanted to cause her friend such horrible pain, but things had to be assessed. An unobserved injury could do more harm to Eari than the temporary pain she would experience for now. Jae kneeled on the other side of Eari for the moment and placed her hands as Crys had shown her.

On the count of three, and only three, not two unless it be followed by three. Three being the number to count to, and never to be progressed unto four, but having counted then to three, at which upon reaching three they would loft the holy handgrenade...

*ooc
WAIT JUST A BLINKIN' MINUTE!!!!! Something weird is going on here... and I honestly think it has to do with that link I clicked on about the Big Asteroid passing close by the earth tomorrow... :Q It told me I was going to an encrypted page, then it told me I was entering a NON-encrypted page... and THEN it took me to the compuserve sign in page!!!!! :bang: Of course I could not enter because, well.. I don't have a compuserve password :nono: soo.... I don't know if the earth is doomed and if all the hurricanes are the result of this asteroidal phenomenon, and /or as well as the 5.9 Richter scale earthquake that hit central California, nor the possible re-erupting of Mount. Saint Helens!!! :pull: Then again.. it may be the space aliens that intercepted us on the way home from the cinema last night. Or it could have been that seriously HEAVY pear that bonked me square on the nose when I was up in the tree picking today...*ouch* it did rather hurt! :cry:

OH, and before I forget... Kaya............. TAG You're IT!!!! :P =:)
WHEW... and really, honestly folks... NO WINE FOR ME today!!! :angel:

*ic (are you not just sitting on the EDGE of your seats waiting to find out what happens after 'three'!!!! :D )
...... they turn her simultaneously to her left side and Crys noted that her breathing seemed to ease up a bit. Apart from light burns and scrapes, there were no major injuries noted. Crys was releaved about the change in breathing, because this meant the ribs were most likely just cracked, and therefore had not pierced any vital organs. A pressure wrap would do the trick there until the bones healed. They both carefully eased Eari back onto her back, Jae carefully watching every move that Crys made and so to stay in accord keeping Eari's body aligned and thus reducing the potential pain of the procedure.

:wink: :roll:
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:45 pm

OOC, Dear Crys you had me in stitches again :rofl: :rofl:

More seriously I'm working on an answer; just thought I'd let you know that the wounds in the shoulder and left side (just below the waist) are old wounds that reopened...

Will edit if none has posted when I get back probably tomorrow night or thursday.
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Jaeniver » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:09 am

Crys-you had me falling of my chair!!! :D:D:D just what i needed this morning ;) thanks :D

Alright will wait for you Eari :D;) and and dearest, i *have* to email you about something our lovely mistress has been whispering in my ear ;) btw Kaya could you be a gem and repeat it to me because i forgot all your fabulous plots LMAO :oops:

Slips into secret language: je weet wel, over hie ze bij de NG is gekomen enzo..kan het me niet meer herrineren!!!! :roll:

there she'll know what i mean now :p

move along nothing to see here :P
Jaeniver

Postby Eoden » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:04 am

"The debris near the lake is the remnants of one of our old safe houses. A meeting place that became my home once the War of the Ring was part of that what was.” Kaya's voice seemed arrested, hanging in mid-air.

Eoden's brow furrowed.

"Debris – that pile of….. remnants of one of YOUR old safe houses…?"

He shook his head ponderingly. A safe house, here in the bowls of Rohan that neither he nor Bréhon had really known about. Well, come to think of it – Bréhon had. ' Just what does he know about it…' Eoden wondered.
He wanted to ask why it was she had needed a safe house yet seeing her countenance it was clear to him he would find no answer to that question. Not now in any case.

"So you've had dealings with Rohan since the time before it became known as Rohan?"

~~~~~

OCC: us wants some more infossss preciousssss =:) ; and CS :D:D:D only you!!!!! Now you lot, go and nominate her for the WCA (change your nominations if ye have to), she more than deserves a go at an award :wink:
*cough* :oops: and yes, CS, I still owe you an email.
stern look at Jae: stop that gibberish at once! :x

:D:D
Eoden
Shield Bearer

Postby Bréhon » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:18 am

"Forgive me, I have not yet caught the name of the mistress here... Perhaps you could fill me in?"

Bréhon looked up at the man seated near him again, but then got distracted by a woman who approached them. He did not know her.

“Afternoon. I'm Bréhon, of the Riddermark. This is Keegan,” he nodded to the man sitting beside him, “and Jae.” Again he nodded, this time to the elf sitting behind him. Jae sighed in frustration, holding him still as she was trying to cleanse his head wound.

“And you are..?” Bréhon then asked suspicious. Too much already had happened today. Too many events he could neither place nor comprehend. He could not even talk about it. Too many new and strange faces now were showing up as well. And by nature, Rohirrim were not the most trusting folk.

“Ithiliel.. Ith. Well met. This beauty here is Selenda,” the woman added as her horse stomped and shook her head for attention. She looked around for a moment, then looked back at the seated group: “Can you tell me what happened here?”

“We had a fire,” Bréhon answered. He sighed inwardly over the ‘revelation’ his own answer must have brought. These strangers weren’t stupid. Or blind. Apart from-

With a jerk he looked back at Keegan, at his unseeing eyes. “We had a fire, yes,” he echoed his own words while he shifted his gaze to where the house once had stood proudly. “A stupid accident. You know how such things suddenly can start.” Shrugging he then added: “It spread too fast, there was nothing we could do…” Keeping silent for a few moments he watched Jaeniver getting to her feet to clean the cloth she held.

“Kaya she’s been called,” he said, looking at Keegan again. “The elf’s name you wanted to know? It’s Kaya…”

He then asked, shifting his gaze from Keegan to Ithiliel: “What brings you here?”

OOC : So sorry for the long abscense of this fellow. :shock: It was by far not 3 months though, Jae. :roll: :P But then, you can't count very well if I remember correctly. :P =:)

It's not a masterpiece, just hope I didn't get any facts wrong already :P The muse will be up to some better stuff soon I hope. ;)
Bréhon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Katren » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:25 am

OOC:

I realise that I will have no hope of catching up with this... but I miss it all the same. I can't catch up cause of my hectic uni schedule and upcoming exams *steals some lightbulbs from kaya*
but it's always good to come back for a read when I have time :D

but I dropped in, and I felt rude to not say hi :P :)

I'll still be around.... reading your posts when I have time ;)
I think Katren will go into a deep slumber in the meantime....
Katren
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:33 am

The pain had been so deep that she had closed her eyes again; but a voice had then resounded in her head. A name only two persons here could and would know: ‘le hi vi bann’ the voice said, and in the intonation she recognised Jaeniver’s voice. So the lady was alive her mind said causing such a relief Eari hadn’t known in a long while. And the words she pronounced carried hope; she was still in pain but Jae’s hope seemed to feed the little hope she had to get out of this.

Suddenly another deep pain coursed through her all body as she felt she was moved to her side, and the hope seemed to be shattered for just a moment; but then she found that breathing was easier. Though her body still hurt, now breathing wasn’t causing her so much suffering. Once more she tried to open her eyes; she blinked as the light pierced the dark in which she had been. She tried to move her head to where she thought Jae was and breathed out the Lady's name, as another flow of pain ran through her neck, causing her to clench her teeth.
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Tygarya » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:18 pm

OOC Hey everyone I'm back from Fiji! It was great, very tiring though as we partied hard for 4 days but well worth it! and since the drinks were free how could i refuse (those who know me know I wouldn't ever refuse even on my death bed) :wink: Also some great news, I passed my Management Exam with 90% woot!! I am so relieved it's over. So now someone fill me in on whats been going on here....I feel like I have completely lost the plot :P
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Katren » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:18 am

OOC: TYG!!!! :D
you were in Fiji? hahaha.. seems like I've lost the plot more than you have ;)
but at least you had fun! :D:D:D
I've missed you! :)

And it's cool how we both come back around the same time lol :P cause now I'm not alone in saying that I don't know what is going on..... :P
Katren
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:47 pm

“Dealings?” Kaya inclined her head slightly to one side, a small frown marring her brow. “No, I wouldn’t call it dealings… But I’ve tread its ground a few times, that is true.” She then smiled: “I’ve tread most grounds a few times.”

Inhaling deeply she proceeded: “And after Rohan was founded, well… Your ancestors didn’t seem all that fond of strange pointy eared creatures traveling their land.” A chuckle followed, and then she splashed some water into Eoden’s direction right before she climbed out of the pond.

Seated on the soft soil she turned her face aside. And she asked softly: “And you, Eoden, have you seen many a foreign land?”

~~~~

OOC : welcome back Tyg and Kat. :)
Congrats on passing your exam, Tyg! :D Glad to hear you enjoyed Fiji. A very much deserved holiday I would say.
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Tygarya » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:10 pm

OOC: Hey Kaya and Kat, my favourite sisters, seems like ages since we have been able to chat.
Ok had a brief look back and now I'm stuck, need some thoughts from the team, do i bother continuing along the lines of my last post or should i not bother. Knowing it would take a lot to carry on that line, and knowing what is going on with Eari. What's your take on things please people
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Ithiliel » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:34 pm

OOC: you all are crazy, I swear! Or maybe its just crystal_seed

IC:

‘We had a fire,’ Brehon answered Ith’s question, and she frowned. That was obvious. She wanted to know what had started the fire. Cocking her head slightly to one side and raising an eyebrow, she waited for him to continue.

‘A stupid accident. You know how such things suddenly can start.’ Shrugging he then added: ’It spread too fast, there was nothing we could do…’ as he paused Ithiliel nodded slowly. It was obvious something painful had gone on in this clearing, and she was beginning to wonder if she really wanted to know what it was. Brehon was clearing hiding something from her. These people seemed to be safe enough, though, and while her guard was raised, she was no more uncomfortable here than anywhere new. They didn’t feel dangerous to her… and yet…

She was so lost in her thoughts that Ith nearly missed the mans next question. Startled, she looked at him,
‘What?’

Smiling slightly, he repeated his question: ‘What brings you here?’

At this, Ithiliel frowned again. She did not want to tell her story to these strangers. Besides, she had no idea if she would be staying here for long, and it wasn’t fair to involve them in her mess. As far as Ith was concerned, people were on a need-to-know basis when it came to her and her past, and she was not certain that any of the soot-covered beings in the clearing needed to know anything.

Quickly, her practiced lie came to her tongue:
‘I’m a traveler, a loner really. Selenda and I, we ride where we please. We have no home nor family to tie us, and we seek out adventure as we can. I’ve spent much time here, when this used to be a tavern and Inn. I came, hoping to reclaim some of my past…’ She hadn’t really meant to say that part, and she trailed off somewhat uncomfortably. She didn’t think that they would take anything from it. Besides, most of what she said was the truth.

Sitting on the ground and leaning against Selenda, Ithiliel asked:
‘Is there anything I can help with?’
Ithiliel
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:09 am

OOC, entirely ;)

Ithiliel wrote:OOC: you all are crazy, I swear! Or maybe its just crystal_seed

It's just crystal_seed. (:P=:))

Good to see you're still with us though, Ithiliel. :) Now, for some others, I'm not sure if that is still the case as well, or not.... :(

Tyg, I'm not sure what your plans where right before you 'disappeared', but do as you feel most comfortable with I'd say. If you wanne ponder over your own character's current thoughts, go ahead. If you wanne bring in something of her past, go ahead. Just keep in mind we're only a few years after the war of the ring here, and handle other muses with care. :D
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby prettygaladriel » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:57 am

The waters of the lake stirred restlessly, mirroring the sun that was at last setting on a tiring day. A lone figure sat on the banks of the lake, trailing her feet in the water and humming an old song under her breathe. Long strands of hair rained down her back and floated on the water like thin, silver-blue fish. Her back was hunched slightly, as though the weight of all her years had fallen down on them.

And under her breathe she sang an old song, the real meaning of which is now all but forgotten, but the first verse of which could be translated as:

Fire is streaked upon the land
Ashes filter through my hand
The memory, things once now gone
A jewel dimmed 'ere once it shone

Still humming, Legyviel stood up and made her way towards the mossy clearing where Brehon, Jae, Eari and Crys sat with two (three?) strangers. She smiled dreamily at her friends, eyes oddly vacant as she glanced over the strangers. She caught the woman's last question and the smile widened.

"Help? It is too late to help....it's gone, all of it," she waved a vague hand towards the heap that was once the Guildhouse. Crys frowned at the tone of her voice.

"Legyviel, where have you been? It's been ages, i was starting to get worried....." she trailed off as Legyviel gave a strange, high-pitched giggle and collapsed on the ground near her feet.

"Been? oh, here.....and, over there, near the lake, and the trees, and....." She gasped for a moment, then starting giggling again. Jae and Crys exchanged a worried glance, and one of then opened her mouth to say something, but Legyviel caught her breathe long enough to speak again

"Over in the trees. Ashes, all over the branches. On me too, here, and here...." she said, pointing to black patches on her clothes. Her vision seemed to be wavering, in and out of focus. Crys had four eyes, Bréhon had two heads, Jae had two mouthes, Kaya.....

Wait, Kaya hadn't been there before. And where had Eari gone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Happy? Now you all have a crazy elf on your hands =:) :P :D
prettygaladriel
Mariner

Postby Sprite_writer » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:32 am

kaya wrote:
Ithiliel wrote:OOC: you all are crazy, I swear! Or maybe its just crystal_seed

It's just crystal_seed. (:P=:))

Really? *Laptop growls* You sure about that Kaya? :P

kaya wrote:Now, for some others, I'm not sure if that is still the case as well, or not.... :(

I'm still here... well sorta anyways. If I remember correctly, Fig's waiting for poor Bruno to react to his... thoughts on how to construct a house ;) and Sprite's asleep. She's still doing the whole "Why am I here" thing...

Sorry I haven't been around; school's gotten way tough :( Miss you guys and hope I can pop in more often now that my midterms are done :)
Sprite_writer
Ranger of the North

Postby Eoden » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:28 am

Eoden chuckled: 'strange pointy eared creatures indeed' :wink:

Momentarily ignoring her question he said:

"You know, actually, it's the ears that did fascinate me first…." and then he made a mock dodge as more water splashed his way. "You like water? You really do like water….?" He taunted mischievously, taking her hand and pulling her close. For a moment he studied her fine boned hand, so small and delicate intertwined in his. He breathed a soft kiss onto her fingertips and then relaxed.

"Have I seen many a foreign land?" He echoed her question. "Yes … and no. I have travelled but probably no-where as extensively as you have. The farthest my paths have taken me was to the East and South. Harad – those are strange lands…" his voice trailed off as images of vast expanses of arid, hostile lands interspersed with the occasional haven filled his mind. "…. with strange customs…."
'Not all of them unpleasant' he reminded himself as a particular memory of a dancer emerged. He could not help but grin. Noting Kaya's questioning look he diverted:

"But all this was long ago and I don't want to return there… not ever." The episode of a travelling companion of his being poisoned over a triviality was still quite fresh in his mind. No – he would never go back… not even for that dancer.

Suddenly, on the spur of the moment he asked, inclining his head: "Do elves dance? Can you show me an elven dance?"
=:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OCC: I'm heartily ashamed of myself for the long absence and humbly beg for forgiveness :oops:

and :oops: again ... I did not know my Eoden muse had a 'thing' for elvish ears :shock:
Eoden
Shield Bearer

Postby Kaya » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:09 am

“…but probably no-where as extensively as you have…”

‘No, probably not,’ she mused silently. ‘Many a land I have seen does not even exist anymore. They now rest beneath the ever rolling waves, they are destroyed to never rise again to their former splendour. Or they have been renamed, their former name these days reminiscences to but a few…’ There would always be some melancholy over what had been and no longer was.
Yet there was also much what not yet had come to pass - the unknown, still ahead. Little was already set in stone but the one thing that now crossed her mind for a short moment: 'Or they are even the destination of a path you cannot tread, my love.'

East and South… Harad… His words evoked images. Long had she lived yes, but not all had she seen thus far. These images, they were not based on memories since they were dreams; pictures formed in her head after evenings filled with listening to stories about the corners of the world by her still unseen. She wondered if those images would prove to be completely erroneous, would she ever have the desire to inquire into their truthfulness.

“…strange customs…”

Yes, she had heard a few stories about the southern customs. Intrigued to learn what Eoden considered to be ‘strange customs’, she looked at him questioningly. Maybe what he deemed as ‘strange’ was quite natural from an elf’s perspective. Maybe some of her own customs would astonish him as much as the southern had, if not more. But then again, his taste already seemed to be somewhat out of the ordinary since it had been her by human standards ‘strange’ ears that had fascinated him first, she concluded building on what he had said earlier. (:shock:)
She almost chuckled and turned her face in the direction of the rippling surface. Bright hues danced over her pale face, caused by the reflection of the sun - peeking through the willow's thick foliage - on the water. The light was so bright that it was almost blinding

Yet then her head suddenly jerked back into Eoden’s direction when his last words resounded: "Do elves dance? Can you show me an elven dance?"

“But of course we dance,” she nodded, a smile playing on her lips even though this sudden question had surprised her. “Many an elven feast ends with hours of music, singing and dancing. Normally we do dress for the occasion I must say,” she said while pointing at her simple, still soaked shift. “but maybe you can forgive me for breaking that habit only this once.” Supply she shifted her weight and got to her feet though remained slightly bent forward since their fingers were still intertwined.

“You want me to only show you how we dance? Or do you want to be initiated in the finer gestures of the elven way of dancing by a firsthand experience?”

A short, gentle pull hinted him to which option she gave preference.

~~~~~~~

OOC: i shall forgive you, for this once :P

Now what to do to awake a few more of those sleeping muses/writers... ? :roll: :wink:
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Bréhon » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:10 pm

OOC: One muse awoken already, a few more to go still though. :P Hope this one will poke at least some of those. ;)

Jae, keep breathing…. :P ;)

~~~~

A hysterically giggling Legyviel was too much to deal with at the moment, so Bréhon slowly stood while mumbling an apology to both Keegan and Ithiliel. “Must stretch my legs for a moment.”

But even more than that, he had to gather his thoughts. He needed air, needed space, peace… and ale. But by Eorl there was little doubt in his mind this blasted fire had destroyed their supply to the last bottle. Unless…

Walking towards the debris he suddenly turned to where once the stables had been, and beyond. His gaze fixed on the blackened grass he lurked the pipe that dangled between his lips. He found the tattered and burned remainders of a shirt. Eoden’s or his, it was hard if not impossible to tell. Further he walked until where the fire and smoke had not affected the grass. With his eyes pinched Bréhon searched the lush and green grass ahead of him, until he noted what he had hoped to find.

With large strides he walked up to where Eoden and he had talked before – long ago that already seemed. Where was Eoden? He hadn’t caught a glimpse of him ever since the house had started collapsing. Jae… hadn’t she told him someone was patching him up? Yes, that was exactly what she had said… Then, where was he?

Looking all around him before he crouched to grab the bottle still lying where his brother had dropped it, he noted Jae – concerned and caring as always - bending over Eari. The peredhel still lay helplessly on the grass, with Crys sitting next to her, obviously concerned over her condition. A chill ran over the Rider’s spine, caused by a vague memory of Eari surrounded by fire, wrath exuding from her whole being. Somehow, he couldn’t bring himself to care about her current condition. And that felt strange, for it was not like him.

With a frowned brow he turned to watch the sun’s beams that caressed the snowy peak of Mount Starkhorn. His eyes fixed on the one token reminding him his home was not that far off even though he seemed to be farther away from what was familiar than he ever had been, he took a sharp turn to grab for the bottle. Bumping suddenly into a lightweight person he rapidly grabbed her in order to keep her from landing not too soft on the grass.

“Pardon me ‘mam, I wasn’t looking…” he quickly apologised with an embarrassed smile on his face, not sure who had started the most. “I hope you’re not hurt… Keelin it was, right?”

Before the girl could answer, a familiar sound caught the Rider’s attention. A sharp whinnying resounded through the valley and a rumbling quickly drew neared. Bréhon turned his head just in time to notice a small group of horses appear over the top of a nearby slope. A grin brightened up his face when he recognised them.

Their horses, earlier freed by the Easterlings from a painful death, had returned to their home now that flame and smoke had been conquered.

~~~~

more OOC: I assumed Keelin was still somewhere in between where she had been with Eoden and Kaya, and the house/lake? Hope you don’t mind me getting her back ‘into the picture’, elengil. :)

Crys dear, I hope you’re fine. I realise you’re very busy (and I hope that will not last for too long anymore, you deserve and need a break), but a sign of life -however short- would make my day. :)
Bréhon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Keegan » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:41 pm

The elf and wounded man had up and left so suddenly it made Keelin's head spin. She stared after them with a sense of shock at the suddenness of it but also a strange sense of sadness at being left alone. She remained kneeling on the ground, staring at the flattened grass where the two had been moments before. Reaching down, she lifted one or two blades back to upright.

She sighed and suppressed the tears that she wanted to cry at being in this place. This wasn't at all what she had expected when they had been asked to deliver the message. She thought a warm place to sleep as a nice change from the open road, and off in the morning again. But this... this was like a nightmare.

Rubbing her face with dirty hands, she at last picked herself off the ground and turned, running directly into a most immoveable form. She braced herself for the fall but his arms reached out and caught her. Relief quickly turned to horror and she pulled back, brushing the front of his shirt of whatever dirt she might have left there.

“Pardon me ‘mam, I wasn’t looking…” he began but she quickly interrupted him.

"Oh forgive me, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you... did I hurt you?" she asked, her eyes going wide as she realized it was one of the men that was being treated for a terrible wound earlier.

He smiled, though, and she wasn't sure what that meant exactly. “I hope you’re not hurt… Keelin it was, right?”

"Keelin.. yes," she said, dropping her eyes slightly. She blushed, her face going quite crimson though not understanding why.

"Keelin, nice name... Where did you come from again?" He grabbed the bottle and wiped over it before he brought it to his lips. Yet halfway he halted his movement, when he saw a blush on the girls cheeks. He had no clue what was the cause. "Want some?" he asked, clearing his throat while he offered her the bottle. She didn't seem like the ale drinking type at all, yet maybe a sip or two would make her feel a bit more at ease.

She blushed harder and shook her head, her throat sticking as she tried to speak. Clearing it, she tried again and managed a weak, "No, no thank you. My brother and I are from Gondor, from Ithilien really." Her eyes at last came to rest on his face for a moment. "And.. may I ask your name?"

"Bréhon.... from over there," he answered, winking, while he nodded his head in Rohan's direction. "So... all the way from Ithilien. That must have been a long and weary journey..." 'And we can't even offer her a roof to sleep under,' he mused. "What brings you so far from home? And here of all places?" he asked, looking around at the high mountain tops surrounding the valley that few before had found. Then he looked at her again, the look in his eyes not at all suspicious, even though his questions might come over as inquiring.

"I.. I accompany my brother when he has travels he must make. I doubt I need explain why," she said, her voice falling to just over a whisper. "Bréhon," she said after a moment's pause. "That is a handsome name... Oh! Oh I'm sorry, I should have said that." She quickly looked away, her face now a sea of scarlet. "I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have.. I.. " she fumbled with her words but he took pity and interrupted her.

He grinned for a moment, not all understanding why the girl blushed that much. "It's okay," he then said, straightening his face again. Last thing he wanted was for her to think he was laughing with her and to make her feel even more uncomfortable than she already seemed to be. "Really, it is okay," he quickly reassured her with a smile. "Have I said something wrong?" he then asked carefully.

"No, no nothing at all. Forgive me," she said softly, "I seem to be making a right fool of myself." She put her hands over her face and wished she could just shrink away to nothing. It was bad enough to have run into the man in the first place, but then to so openly tell him his name was handsome! What was she thinking? Well.. he was handsome, but you just don't say that to a complete stranger.

"Nah, it's not that bad... Trust me, I speak from experience. I already have made a huge fool of myself, and quite a few times even," he said, trying to lighten her mood.

She laughed nervously and dropped her hands from her face. "You're very kind," she said. Looking around a moment, she worked up the courage and held her hand out to him. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Bréhon," she said, trying hard to smile.

"The pleasure is all mine," he smiled, shaking her hand gently. He then inhaled deeply. "I was going to poke around a bit in the debris. Something that could be of use might have survived that fire after all." He shrugged. It wasn't likely, but you never knew.

"I could help," she quickly offered. "I've nothing else to do. I have little skill at healing and it is so very horrid to be left with nothing to do. Please, may I go with you?"

"Sure. There's enough for the both of us, I would say." Looking at the huge pile of ruined wood and stones, he then took a swig of his beer - he could not understand Eoden wasn't up for these finer things of the Eastfold - and slowly headed for what remained of the house he, years back for the first time, had laid eyes on.

Keelin felt a strange pleasure as she quickly followed after. He was very kind indeed, and certainly lovely to see. Perhaps the journey would not be entirely in vain. Little had she ever thought for a man, having devoted herself to caring for her brother, but this man seemed to evoke a sense of 'what if' within her. Her eyes brightened even in the face of the rubble and she quietly went to work beside him, shifting through what remained.
Keegan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eldfess » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:45 pm

ooc Hi all, don't mean to interrupt, but I've been looking around for some good guilds to join and I was just wondering what this guild was all about...I couldn't really tell by the introductory post
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:51 pm

Despite the noise of her heart beating against her temples and the excruciating pain that had just ran through her neck demanding all her focus to numb it, the peredhel could hear the Lady whisper back to her “Ha innar na mae, Helyanwë.*”
And finally she saw her: Jae was there, looking down at her, worry visible on her face, probably now more for the emotional wounds of her friends than her physical wounds. But her face was also marked by the fire; Jaeniver had been hurt, even if not much, she had been. Who else had she hurt? Or killed? The hurt, the pain, the guilt; all this spoke against Jae’s soothing words and Eari couldn’t bring herself to believe her friend.

“Jae, enni alawartha.**”, she pleaded her throat almost locked with tears that she would not let fall; tears of pain but mostly
“Im alinnar.*** I would never do that.”
The peredhel calmed down for just a moment until another fear passed through her mind; something she had thought of before but even more accurately now she saw her friend hurt by her fault.
“Pennar gwann?****”
Jae shook her head negatively. “Pàn cuinar. Ùcaro Niphred ”*****

Eari sighed deeply; she could feel Crys still checking her bones, but she tried not to think of it for the pain would be too strong. Actually one of the few things she could think of was Kaya; she had not yet seen her and she couldn’t help but be worried. And in fact she suddenly felt the need to know where the Noldo was. She sat up rather brusquely, the all world turning black again for a moment before she felt Jae’s hands, and maybe Crys’s holding her and bringing her back to rest on her back
“Helyanwë ùrico******. It isn’t reasonable.”

Eari looked up to her friend, shaking her head sadly, tears gathering in her eyes, as she whispered
“I am sorry Jae. For everything.”

* It will be well, Helyanwë
**Jae, don't abandon me
*** I will not
**** Has someone died?
***** They live. Do not fear.
****** Do not move

-------------------------

OOC: Bré, Eari decided she doesn't like you :P :P though she knows she can't blame you for not caring :P

Jae, I know I said I'd send it via email but you know my passion for editing so don't hesitate to tell if I need to. ;)

Crys thinking of you. hope your busy times will soon stop and you can take a rest ;).
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Elendúath » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:14 pm

Eldfess wrote:ooc Hi all, don't mean to interrupt, but I've been looking around for some good guilds to join and I was just wondering what this guild was all about...I couldn't really tell by the introductory post

Hey Eldfess, (a Nightguard in disguise ;)). As stated by our wonderful guildmistress in the first post of the second stanza of this guild

Kaya the small wrote:Thanks to the dreaded timezones the boards are almost deserted when some of us are on. So I started this guild for anyone who dwells the boards between dusk and dawn (TORC-time).

As part of a RP the Nightguards is Middle Earth secret army after the Keepers sailed West (I know Kaya, things have changed for the thing that is up =:)) and the NG were supposed to protect ME without its people knowing so. In case of trouble or mesalliance between countries, there would always be a group of people whose primary goal would be the protection of Middle Earth.
So that's what this guild is about.
As it is now, we are RPing lightly after the building was destroyed, so reconstruction; very important if you think of hope...
If you are interested what happened to the guild is readable from here onwards, though the story going on between Kaya and Eoden has been on for longer :shock: :roll: :roll:...

Enjoy the reading ;)
Elendúath
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Kaya » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:39 am

OOC:

Eldfess, hail and well met! It's nice to see a new face showing up in here. :) And thank you Eari-in-disguise for clearing things up already, and pointing out the previous thread and the latest events there. :)
I finally edited the first post, something I wanted to do a while ago already. (so please everyone, have a peek ;)) If you take a look again, maybe some questions you were having hereby will be answered. If there are more issues still unclear, don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see you popping up in here again! :D

Seeing Elendúath's name as last poster almost gave me a heart attack :shock: :P And no matter how scary they are, I will not tolerate people refer to me as 'Kaya the small' thankyouverymuch! :shock: :nono:

Elendúath wrote:though the story going on between Kaya and Eoden has been on for longer
Ah, so you must be very trilled to see there finally is some progress. :P :P
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Boris_and_Bruno » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:13 am

OOC: I'm still here... well sort of anyways. If I remember correctly, Fig's waiting for poor Boris to react to his... thoughts on how to construct a house.
:argue: (words passed between them.....) :P
Ah yes… now I remember the something I forgot but couldn’t get to until I had written for someone else- beg pardon, but the two Easterling brothers have been in cryogenic preservation along with my muse… please mind the defrosting puddles along side the post so’s you don’t slip and sprain something.

IC: (Somewhere in the woods near the old burned down guild house, three stand at a face off, one rather suspiciously ‘clean’ and pointy eared Figwit, and two large swarthy burly men with water rolling off their backs from the task at hand, having recently been interrupted by said elf, who nearly amputated the toes of Bruno after having wrested Boris’s axe from his hands mid swing, flinging it vehemently down mere centimetres from where Bruno was cutting wood. Also on the scene… evidence of one supposedly dying tree :roll:, though unbeknownst to Figwit, as the two Easterlings were hard at work with each axe stroke came a guttural cry…. (you know… like the kind tennis players emit each time they return the volley) and the tree they were working on was rather dead already, the ‘life sustaining fluid’ being merely the remnants of an old and rotting, liquefied bee hive long abandoned but trapped until its release with the axe strokes….)

“Well then how is it done?”

Boris fumed. He had had just about enough of the crazy events of the day. And to have this peculiarly picayune pointy-eared personage prattling off about something he had done since he was old enough to wield and axe….. Bruno put his hand on his brother’s shoulder. The look his brother gave him caused Boris to step back. He folded his arms across his broad chest and waited for the answer.

“You simply take logs from trees that have fallen in this forest of their own accord, seasoned, and then dedicate them to their task with chants and invocations to Yavanna. Then you simply cut away the parts that aren’t the house and fasten the rest together...”

Both Boris and Bruno looked at Figwit, then Boris looked at Bruno, and Bruno looked at Boris and the look that passed between them was one based on the deep understanding of why Elves and Eastrons never had much to do with each other in the first place. Bruno sighed, placing the axe he had been wielding before him and resting his weight on it like on a walking stick, he spoke calmly and evenly,

Sacrifices must be made for the greater good in times of war and need. And if you look again, the being we have ‘assaulted’ no longer has cares for this precious world, for the roots have ceased to drink up the lands nutrients and because of the thickness of the forest, root bound, it has remained as a sentinel in time, unable to topple. We assure you Master Figwit, we have no intention of robbing the living. Young or old, fresh trees would do a building no good, but neither would those fallen to the earth for fissures and cracks would weaken the structure. Perhaps if you could assist us in finding those whose time is past, but who have not fallen, you could dedicate them and mark them, and we can continue the work of felling, for a shelter is sorely needed for those who are wounded.

Figwit looked intently on the said victim and realized, given that the tree was covered with moss and vines and still appeared to have life, though was totally bereft of it’s own foliage, that he had been in error. :shock: On closer inspection, the fluid was rather dark and had a sweetish odour of decay to it. A puzzled frown crossed his face… certainly he had heard shrieks and groaning… But the answer had been well met and now he was asked to help in the situation. He nodded to Bruno, and then looked about him.

Ah, with what shall I mark the trees?

If you mix ash from the old guild house with water, you can then use a fir branch to paint an X on the trees we are to cut. Then perhaps the old can give way to the blessing of the new. The forest is in need of thinning in order to grow better, so you best of all can choose carefully. We will leave you to your art.
Bruno picked up the axe by his feet and threw it to Boris, and the two turned back to the task at hand. Soon, noises were heard, which caused Figwit to start and wheel around to look at the two Easterlings. But then, noting from where the sounds were originating, he smiled, thinking to himself, ‘How very odd, … so real, so near to the heart of the sound of the timber….
Boris_and_Bruno
Petitioner to the Council

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth