Virginian's Guild for people who live in/even visited VA!

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Donernilwen » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:17 pm

whoa, this got a little burried didn't it.

galadralorean- Sorry I didn't see your post, What was the picture of again? I've changed my sig a couple times.

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby OhtarAranel » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:27 am

Oh wow, I had no idea there were so many Virginians here! My name is Katie, and I live in northern VA, although I spent four years in Williamsburg at William and Mary. :) It's so good to know that there are so many people in the state!
OhtarAranel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Donernilwen » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:43 pm

Welcome OhtarAranel !

Yeah it suprized me that there were so many people from around here.

Oh williamsburg is really cool. When were you at william and mary? I have a friend from work who lived round there and might have gone to school there.
I'm from the richmond area myself.:D

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Tornado survivor speaks out!

Postby Seribaba » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:59 am

Yeah, Virginia is a great state (been living here for eight years now), but does anybody remember that line of tornados that ripped through northern VA when Hurricane Ivan hit? I had one come right down my street. Scared my horses to fits, and made a big mess of my boss's storage shed. She lost both her hay tractors when that thing went down, and it took weeks to clean everything up.

On the positive side, we had a better fall than usual, and for that I'm glad. I think we'd all agree that on good years, Virginia is the place to come if you'd like to see fall foliage (just take a trip down Skyline Drive!).

All you Virginians start wishing for snow with me. I spent last year in Arizona! I want to see the white stuff!. . . .preferably on December 24-25.
Seribaba
Petitioner to the Council

Postby ladyofrohirrim » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:40 pm

I have neglected this guild for quite a while. It is interesting to see how many people hail from each state.

OhtarAranel- did you like W&M? It is one of my short-listed colleges (and by short I mean top-15)

There have been a lot of new state threads created since this one was made last summer, including the N/S. Carolina and the South East/Florida guild. I wonder if we could merge with the Carolinas, and then maybe we would get more posts.
ladyofrohirrim
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth