Council of Teens: Reloaded! (please read 1st post)

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Council of Teens: Reloaded! (please read 1st post)

Postby Council_of_Teens » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:28 am

Welcome to the NEW AND IMPROVED Teen's guild at TORC!!
---------------------------------
For those who don't know, the old TORC Teen's guild needed a complete reformation and I took the liberty of explaining how this happened in a (hopefully) humourous way.

Music played in the background. It was a gentle sound, the music from the council of Elrond. It gave one the feeling of relaxation, but at the same time anticipation that something grand was about to take place. Destinies to be revealed. Fellowships to be formed. Everyone was gathered together, round a table in an orderly manner, to disuss the fate of our most beloved Guild.

Andu stood up and lowered the volume on the stereo. The council had gathered on her Message Board, so she felt it was her duty to start with a small introduction.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old..."

Someone coughed meaningfully, so Andu restarted.

"Strangers from distant land.. friends who are not so old. We've been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor.."

Eyes rolled. Someone was about to say something but stopped themselves in the nick of time.

"Middle Earth stands on the brink of destruction. None can escape it. We must unite, or we will fall..."

There was an outburst here. Tigerlily stood up. "Mordor? Middle Earth? What are you babbling about??"

"Brink of destruction?" said Elfy, "Destruction????? Andu, if you dont get to the point, right now, please do us all a favour and shut up!"

"And before you do anything, I think it is important for you to realise one important thing... YOU ARE NOT ELROND!" added EE. Everyone nodded and whispered in agreement.

Andu twiched an eyebrow, but quickly corrected it.

"Fine, I'm sorry!!" said Andu. "Have a little ME spirit! Our situation is not so different! Anyhow, we are gathered here together, to answer to the threat of Spam. TORC Teenagers stands on the brink of locking. None can deny it. We must unite, or we will fall," continued Andu with a smirk.

"And do you have any proposals?" Borry asked.

"The MODS are upon us, whether we would risk it or not" replied Andu.

"That doesn't really answer the question..." remarked Rin..

"I know," said Andu "I just always wanted to say that!"

Eyes rolled again. "Get a life!" whispered someone rather loudly from the back.

"Sorry! Anyway, in plain English, we are gathered here to discuss the new guild. We need a total reformation for it, we must have ranks, entry requirements, and, most importantly, a purpose... there are a lot of things that must change. All that we discuss must be done in the interest of having a new and improved guild where spam is under control."

"So, what you're saying is start afresh, right?" asked Loth, "And DON'T answer me with a quote from LotR!" she added, seeing that Andu was smiling and about to open her mouth.

"Err... yeah, we've all been saying that for a while....It's time to act," said Andu, lost for words. "The discussions must start now. When we reach some agreements we will light the beacons..."

"You mean e-mail the MODs for help..." said Cali meaningfully.

"Er.. yeah, if you want to put it that way. Everybody is included, so everyone is entitled to an opinion. Do not hold back.. Do not... PULL BACK TO THE KEEP!!"
"ANDU!!!!"
"Sorry....So it begins."

The discussion started. Ideas were exchanged, considered and shaped. After a while, votings took place and conclusions started to be drawn. When they had come to an end, Andu stood up again, and everyone looked at each other.

"We are ready. Tonight the land will be stained with the blood of... um.. spam! You will taste Spam-flesh! March against spam! Leave none alive!!"

Everyone banged their heads against the table in exasperation.

"You're 'opeless" said Pip.

by Andu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, that was the story of what happened to create the new guild. However, times went on, kingdoms rose and fell, and darkness grew once more across the land. Eventually the Teens realized they needed a new guild, a fresh one. Not that there was anything particularly WRONG with the old one, but anyway....

Seeing that he had been quite supportive and helpful towards the new guild, Ugluk called a meeting of the Council Members to discuss the new thread....

"If our members were spamming we would know it," Ugluk said, tapping his chin with a pair of fingers.

"It's only a matter of time,"Andu said. "Spam has suffered a defeat, yes, but behind the walls of IP addresses our enemy is regrouping."

"So?" Echo said. "Let it sit there? Let it rot! Why should we care?"

"Because 2,000 posts stand between us and a spam-free guild," Ugluk reminded them, "or the MODS will chew us to death."

There was a long pause before Tigerlily leaned forward. "That doesn't make any sense, Ugluk."

"I know, I've just always wanted to say that," Ugluk admitted.

"But see here," said Galad, "There is still hope for no spam. We need safe passage across the plains of posting. We can do that!"

"How?" asked TG.

"Draw out Spam's armies, empty their can. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate."

TG choked on her slushy.

"We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms," Wyny said, "or even strength of forks."

"Not for ourselves," Galad said, "but we can give the guild a chance if we keep spam's eye fixed on us. By holding intelligent discussions of our daily life."

"A diversion," Loth said. Everyone applauded at this one-word sum-up.

"Spam will suspect a trap, he will not take the bait," Borry said.

"Certainty of boring conversations," Pippy said, "small chance of success. What are we waiting for?"

"Pizza," EE said. "I ordered some, we have to keep talking until it's delivered. So I'd like to share a revelation Sil and I had. It came to us when we tried to classify spam, we realized it's not actually a food, or, for that matter, a simple junky post."

"Every organism on this planet develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment," Sil said, taking up the discussion. "But spam does not. It moves to one place and it multiplies until it consumes up all its natural resources and then it can only survive by moving onto another message board."

"Spam is a disease, a cancer of this planet," EE finished, "and we...we are the cure."

Around the room, heads nodded in agreement.

"And now, because of our heroism, we're new people, unplugged, so to speak, apparently free from spam."

"Well, that's good," Inwe said, scooting her chair backwards a little from EE.

"But, as we well know, appearances can be decieving, which brings me back to the reason why we're here," Sil said. "We not here because we're spam-free, we're here because we're not spam-free. There is no escaping spam, no denying purpose, because as we all know, without purpose -- we would not exist."
"It is purpose that created us," Rin said, joining in
"Purpose that connects us," added EOI
"Purpose that pulls us," put in Elfy
"That guides us," said Borry
"That drives us," said Inwe
"It is purpose that defines us," Loth said
"Purpose that binds us," Wyny said.

"We are here because of spam," Ugluk said, "we're here to take from it what it tried to take from us! Purpose!"

There was a short pause. Finally Echo spoke up. "What did spam try to take from us?"

There was a knock on the door, a huge dark cloud entered. Fear flowed before it like a dark vapor, and its very presence was evil. All they could see was that it was very large, very strong, and had hundreds of teeth. It threw a half-dozen boxes of pizza on the table. Then it turned and looked at them searchingly with its eyes - if it had them. The very warmth of their blood seemed stole away. "Spam tried to take away everything," it snarled, "don't let it. Or I shall return." The dark cloud turned and exited, with the door banging closed behind it.

"Yessir," Ugluk said finally. For that seemed all that needed to be said.

by Ugluk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMPORTANT GUILD INFORMATION

Guild purpose: To discuss the life of a teen and a teen's interests in a decent manner,
ie: sticking to relevant topics and saying things with a point and to encourage each other to post without spamming. And most importantly to have fun.

Council of Teens:

This new guild is a group effort of a number of members of the old thread. After much discussion, we have decided to set up the Council of Teens with is set up in the following way:
There are 14 Members on Council (the 14 people who helped construct this new guild) 4 of these are Council Overseers 10 of these are Council Members

The Duties of the Council Members:
Since there are 10 people Council Members there will be 2 representatives for each house. (men, hobbits, elves, dwarves,and forces of evil --> described below)Their duties would be to approve new member's auditions as explained below, and to monitor their houses' posts and rankings

The Duties of the Council Overseers: to make sure the Council Members themselves aren't spamming and to fill in for Council Members who are/will be absent for quite a while.

Note, Council Members and Council Overseers are equal. They just have different responsibilities.

Ranks:

New members will have an audition (described below) and they will advance through the ranks with QUALITY posts. The council Members in charge of their house (the houses being, Men, Hobbits, Dwarves, Forced of Evil and Elves) will be the ones to decide whether posts count or not and promote them. The first post will be their audition. If approved they hold the lowest title in their house. The number in the brackets is the amount of QUALITY posts nessecary to advance to that particular rank. And by quality, we mean decent contribution to the current topic under discussion.

The rank 'Council of Maia' is the highest a member can hold and it is common to all houses. It is the ulitmate goal of a poster to reach this position through QUALITY posts.

Men:
Eowyn (Council Member)
Faramir (Council Member)
Council of Maia (35)
Tower guard (25...etc)
Captain (15 including the previous 6 posts)
Knight (5 including the 1 post)
Scribe (1)

Hobbits:
Frodo (Council Member)
Sam (Council Member)
Diamond Took (Council Member)
Council of Maia (35)
Mayor of Hobbiton (25)
Shirrif (15)
Inn-owner (5)
Gardener (1)

Forces of Evil:
Sauron (Council Member)
WiKi (Council Member)
Council of Maia (35)
Ringwraith (25)
Mumak-rider (15)
Warg rider (5)
Uruk (1)

Elves:
Elwing (Council Member)
Luthien (Council Member)
Aredhel Ar-Feiniel (Council Member)
Galadriel (Council Member)
Council of Maia (35)
Elven Prince/ess (25)
Elvish Captain (15)
Elvish Archer (5)
Elvish Bard (1)

Dwarves:
Fili (Council Member)
Gimli (Council Member)
Council of Maia (35)
King Under the Mountain (25)
Mithril worker (15)
Armourer (5)
Cave explorer (1)

Council Overseers:
Ilmarë (Council Overseer)
Melian (Council Overseer)
2 more coming up!

Entry requirements
(to join this guild): New posters will present an audition which consists of the following:

1. They will present themselves, their interests, hobbies, birthday (day and month ONLY. NOT THE YEAR!)

2. They will show us something interesting. (song lyrics, poem, fanfic, artwork, etc, it doesnt have to be your own, but please say who it belongs to if possible).

3. They will also submit a request to join a particular house, either Elves, Men, Dwarves, Hobbits or Forces of Evil.

Do not be intimidated by all this, it's all done in the name of fun!

Rules and Guidelines

O.1. Never, EVER give out your age, year of birth or your address.
And when we say NEVER we mean it!! (this does not only apply for this guild but the whole of the site.) ALSO, DO NOT post the school grade you are in! This is a dead giveaway for your age and violates the Terms of Service.

1. Put some thought into your posts, and try your best to avoid the dreaded one liner posts. One liners consitute to chat and lead to spam.

2. This is a guild, not a real time chat-room, please treat it as one.

3. This guild is for DISCUSSING life as teenager, not chatting about it. (It's different!)

4. Remember to motivate your posts. Do try stick to the topic and try not to fall into nonsensical posts, be creative not disruptive.

***The Council strongly suggests you wait for three or more people to post before you post again. This helps keep the post count at a reasonable speed and also gives you more to say.
--------------------------------

Members of the old TORC Teens who aren't on the council, please audition again. This is a new guild and we are starting from scratch.

No offense or anything to anyone, this is all in good fun.Also, we would like to point out that the username Council_of_Teens is totally ficticious, and all the Council Members and Overseers have access to this username to update this post.

When it is annouced that there is a vote to be taken at Andu's messageboard, THIS ONLY APPLIES TO COUNCIL MEMBERS AND OVERSEERS. We're not trying to be exclusive, and we're sorry, but it would not be fair, since only Councilers have been allowed to vote previously.---------------------------------

Current Members
{Title - Username (Nickname, Birthday, Gender) Quality Posts}

Council Overseers

Ilmarë - Inwe-Taralom (Inwe, July 27, Female)
Melian - Evenstar_of_Imladris (EoI, Dec. 19, Female)
Ëonwë - galadralorean (Galad, Feb.14 or 15 or 16 Male)
Maia title - Echo_Starlite (Echo, Aug 20, Female)

Council Members

Men
Éowyn - tar_ancalime (Cali or Annytar, Feb. 19, Female)
Faramir - Ugluk (Ugluk, Feb. 26, Male)

Elves
Luthien - elf-maiden (Elfy, Aug. 4, Female)
Elwing - Lothloriel (Loth, Feb. 6, Female)
Aredhel Ar-Feiniel - MaidenOfTheShieldarm (Mossy, Apr. 24, Female)
Galadriel - Aramel (Arie, Jul. 21, Female)

Forces of Evil
Sauron - Anduril (Andu, June 27, Female)
WiKi - Evenstar_Elfstone (EE, Aug. 22, Female)

Dwarves
Gimli - Tigerlily_Goldworthy (TL or TG, Jan. 16, Female)
Fili - the_elf_friend (Sil, Oct. 23, Female)

Hobbits
Frodo - Eowyn37 (Wyny, Nov. 26, Female)
Samwise - Boromir209 (Borry, March 23, Male)
Diamond Took - Ellehcim (Elle, Nov. 8, Female)

Minion Members

Men
Council of Maia - The_Lady_Laralyn(Lara, April 20th, Female)Quality Posts: 46
Tower Guard- TheRingPrincess***(Ring, August 10th, Female)Quality Posts:32
Captain - Valaróma** (Roma, July 12, Male) Quality Posts: 19
Captain - ladyofrohirrim (LoR, September 30, female) Quality Posts:18
Knight - AragornsEvenstar (AE, January 6, female) Quality posts : 7
Scribe - Dragonking* (Echtain, August 4th, Male)Quality Posts: 4
Scribe - Eicys (september 26th)Quality Posts: 3

- updated until post by Tigerlily_Took on page 3 by Cali July 18th

Elves
Council of Maia - solith_elf**(solith) QP-80
Council of Maia - lady_of_legolas** (Lady, Female) QP-49
Elvish Princess - Tigerlily_Took (T_T) QP-32
Elvish Captain - Me-elf** (Gwathy) QP-21
Elvish Captain - Aralana_Greenleaf** (Ara, Female) QP-22
Elvish Archer - Linteannaiel (Linty, Sep. 27, Female) QP-13
Elvish Archer - Rhiannon_of_Rivendell** (Rhia, Female) QP-12
Elvish Archer - luinedring** (luine, Feb 22, Female) QP-7
Elvish Archer - Arwen13sel (Female) QP-11
Elvish Archer - Elrohiril (Female) QP-9
Elvish Archer - niphredilmaiden (niph) QP- 5
Elvish Bard - Tanwen_Luthien* (Tanwen, Female) QP-4
Elvish Bard - barrel_rider* (b_r) QP-4
Elvish Bard - Wander* QP-4
Elvish Bard - Dragonslayeress (Dragon, Female) QP-4
Elvish Bard - 1eowynfanshieldmaiden (Anshi, Female) QP-4
Elvish Bard - Fallen-Angels (Fallen) QP-2
Elvish Bard - None_Elf_Ear (Female) QP-3
Elvish Bard - MeganBaggins* (Megan, Nov 18, Female) QP-1
Elvish Bard - loverofblueeyesboy QP-1
Elvish Bard - Aiduial QP-1
Elvish Bard - Meygan (November 7th) QP-1
Elvish Bard - Nicasam (NS, Feb. 25), QP - 1
Elvish Bard - Bethrael (Male) (December 1st) QP - 4

Updated December 26, 2004, 00:53 TORC time by Aramel

Dwarves
Cave Explorer - Mumakil14 (March 14, Male) Quality Posts- 4

Forces of Evil
Council of Maia - Mithnen** (Mith, June 29, Female) 56 QP as of 2/5/05
Council of Maia - balrogthane (BT, April 12, Male) 43 QP as of 2/5/05
Uruk- $mAug_dRagYn* (Smaug, ???, Female) 4 QP as of 2/5/05
Uruk- BlackFey (Fey, October 29, Female) 2 QP as of 2/5/05
Uruk- *~*myst*~* (myst, January 18, Female[?]) 1 QP as of 2/5/05
Uruk- Nimrodel_89 (Nim, July 16, Female) 1 QP as of 2/19/05

Hobbits
Gardener - FairGoldberry* (Goldy or FGb, Female) QP-2
Inn Owner - Ladyofboxclocks** (Boxy, April 6, Female) QP-12
Council of Maia - the_last_ringbearer* (l_b, Dec. 16, Female)QP-51
Council of Maia - Pippin4242 (Pips, Ishmael or Ishy, 7th May) QP- 79
Council of Maia - Shieldmaiden_pippin (Pip, July 6, Female) QP-185
Gardener - Tala QP- 2
Shirriff - Neana (Female) QP-17
Gardener - Alcanielle (Alcani, March 24, Female) QP-1
Gardener - Boromir209 QP-3 (pages 31-up on the old thread and new thread)
Council of Maia - Eowyn37 QP-67 (pages 31-up on the old thread and new thread)
Inn-Owner - Arwen13sel (Female) QP-10
Inn-Owner - Ellehcim (Elle, Nov. 8, Female) QP-12
Updated on December 13th to page 20 at Elle's post, by Ellehcim

*Member of old guild
**Regular member of old guild

Birthdays of the Month
February 6- Lothloriel
February 14- galadralorean
February 19- tar_ancalime
February 25- Nicasam
February 26- Ugluk

(Kick me if I missed anyone.)

Links

At someone's suggestion, here is a link to our current project: TORC Teen's Adventure in Middle-earth ~and our two websites on >Geocities< run by Cali and Sil, and on >Freewebs< maintained by Loth and Sil.
If you don't understand anything, please do not hesitate to ASK!
Last edited by Council_of_Teens on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Council_of_Teens
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Ugluk » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:51 am

*depreciating cough*

Well, there it is. I hope it is generally well-liked and well recieved. Now I may be a bit bold for starting this, but I feel that, seeing as we're heading into a new Era, we should start it off with a good party. So: There's a slushy machine in the corner, punch, lemonade, soft drinks, hard drinks *dodges pie* OK, not really any hard drinks, brownies, pies, pies, and more pies, cake, ice cream, fruit, candy, lembas, pizza, and generally anything anyone would want to eat at a party.

*turns on ROTK soundtrack*

Right-ho!

News from me....well, usually on Sundays, giving the gigantic size of newspapers, I get driven around my paper route in the van. We do all 3 routes together and it makes it easier on all of us. When I see "usually" I mean 99.9999999999% of the time, this was a complete black sheep of them all. But Ro and Loth were off at a mountain retreat having fun and this morning my mom had to work, so....that meant I had 56 very large papers that I had to take along my 2 1/2 mile route and you can't carry them. So I haul out my little red wagon and start piling them in. The wagon, unfortunately, has two flat tires which makes pulling it rather tiresome, fortunately the tires are thick enough that you can haul it along more or less alright, just makes it difficult. So, I stack up the papers as high as they will go and then they start falling off and I still have about 12 papers remaining. So I look around and see our rubber raft and take off the long section of rope and tie it around the wagon and papers lengthwise, wrapping it around tightly so (hopefully) the papers wouldn't go flying when I tried to haul the wagon along. Then I got out my newspaper bag that I carry on ordinary days and stuffed the remaining 12 papers in it and started off, hauling this very heavy wagon on creaking wheels behind me. It was inclined to tip over on its left side, seeing that both tires on that side were flat while the right tires were just fine, so I had to keep a rather tight grip on the handle. So we started off, and I got more than a few strange looks, but the rope held well until I'd take off about 10 papers from the load and the rope got loose and papers started slipping off the back. Needless to say they didn't simply fall off, oh no, they stayed inside the ropes, they merely slid down underneath the wagon and got wedged up in the axle. So I would be walking happily along and suddenly WHAM the wagon would stop and I would almost fall on my face (not quite, I'm a talented guy) and I'd have to go around and dig out the paper. For reasons I cannot explain customers to not appreciate the newspaper when it's smeared with grease and has had large chunks tore off it. Which happens to paper when they get jammed underneath your wagon. So then I was left with a decision, which to this day I have no been able to decide which is better (help me out, will you?)
1. Do you leave the paper on the doorstep of a nice customer, hoping they won't call up the Herald and complain about it, being nice people?
2. Do you leave the paper on the doorstep of a grumpy customer, since they're jerks already and deserve a grimy paper?

Thoughts?

toodle-pip

-Ugluk
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:08 am

A new CoT!!Woo000OOoooT!!!! :DI'm sooo excited!

*Bounces off walls*

A nice,shiny,new thread! :) :woah:

First of all,I'd like to introduce myself(even though most of you already know me.) I am Luthien/Elfy,Council Member of the Elves along with Elwing/Loth.(Though I'm still not sure if she quit).:( And I don't really care about my freaking sp

1. Do you leave the paper on the doorstep of a nice customer, hoping they won't call up the Herald and complain about it, being nice people?
2. Do you leave the paper on the doorstep of a grumpy customer, since they're jerks already and deserve a grimy paper?

Hmm...that's a hard one,but it depends.If the people you're delivering to are nice,go to their house,apologize,and explain what happened. If not I'd just leave it.If they complain deny everything.=:)*shrug* Just my opinion. :wink:

Ugluk did you add something to the first post? It just seems like there's more..but maybe not I only read it once. :roll:

Anyway,a family that used to go to my church are coming here to stay with us for a couple days. I'm friends with the two girls and I know one of them likes LOTR. Not near as much as me,but who knows I might just be able to convince her to join. And good news E_E she's younger than you. :P How would you like to not be the youngest member anymore? But I don't know if she can get on the computer or not. Anyway I haven't seen her in a couple years so she might not like it anymore or something I don't know. Well we'll see how it goes.

Go CoT Reloaded!!! :horse:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby -|---Anduril » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:50 am

Elfy, didn't you see what he added? It's right after my piece, that we copied and pasted from the other thread!

Ugluk, that rocked!! :D

Hmm... toughie... I dunno, I'm all for explaining what happened but then if they're not nice people that might present a problem...

:idea: Maybe you can give them rings of power and make them your minions??

*admires the new thread wall papered with the same wall paper used behind Elrond in this picture *

Oh yeah, and I'm still mouseless... :roll:
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:39 pm

I just read the QP...and I have the most at 91........unless I missed someone..Solith was in second at 73....

I dunno what the council over seers have as a QP...

heh. I feel like a spammer, now. With lots, and lots, and lots, and LOTS of spam in my trail.

*cough* I havn't even been posting that much, lately.

Anyways, lovely new thread. Very lovely.

Nice Job, Ugluk :):):):):):)

*cracks whip* I might not be a Council Member, anymore...but I'm still an oldbie in this thread. I get the right to crack a whip on y'all. :P :P :roll:

Heh. Heh. Heh. *cough*eitherthatorI'mjustinoneofthosemoodswhereIneedtomakerepetativeannoyingsoundsandusetheexcuseofbeinganoldbieinthisthread*cough*
*cracks whip again* buahahahaha!

I went on a REAL adventure through the Old Forest, yesterday. My friends and I wanted to take a 'short cut' through the woods to the gas station...but the forest was overgrown, and there were TONS of underbrush...and spiders...*shudder*. And on the way back, we stopped by the creek and played in it after we ate some snacks that we bought at the gas station. It was fun. :):):)

And I learned to play bass...kind of...well, part of a Metalica song. I have the tabs stuck in my head, now...I want a bass.

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:00 pm

I'm the sensible person who ordered pizza! Nice! :P Its Papa John's right? :wink:

*grabs a slushie and sets up cloning stand* 50% off in celebration of the new thread! Reg Price: $500 (US)

*cracks whip* I might not be a Council Member, anymore...but I'm still an oldbie in this thread. I get the right to crack a whip on y'all.

Well, aren't we moody today? :P

And good news E_E she's younger than you. How would you like to not be the youngest member anymore?

As long as I'm still the youngest regular member. Being youngest has its advantages, you know. :D:P

Hmmm...hard choice. It depends on how understanding the Herald is.

Went to another sleep over last night. I know, I'm going crazy with them. In this one it was just me and my RL best friend, so no crazy dares, prank calls, popcorn fights or mascara mustaches and beards. Nothing extraordinary...we stayed up till about 2 AM. I found that I'm a much better Seeker than anything else on video games.

Oh, and Strider90 (the best friend) agreed to join CoT. I don't know when, though... So her welcome thread didn't go too good... Ah well.

Oh, and will the Council Members please come to Andu's MB so we can sort out the matter of the council members' QPs? I'm one of the people vounteering to count them, so I need to know exactly who is doing what and so on.

Bye...going to go convince parents to order Chinese instead of eating in a restaurant. Cheers! ^^
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:17 pm

Hi! I've been wanting to join, but quite frankly, the high post count was a wee bit intimidating (sp?) so I was waiting for the new incarnation...

anyway, my audition:

I'm MaidenOfTheShieldarm, but I generally go by Eo, Mossy, Maiden, or Motsy. Yes, I have a lot of nicknames... I don't particularly care which one people use, either. My birthday is on April 24. I have *a lot* of interests and hobbies, so I'll try to be brief. I think it goes without saying that I am obsessed with/addicted to Tolkien, so I won't say more than that. Other than that, my two main interests (ie, the ones that I spend the most time on) are Celtic Studies and theatre. I love anything British/Celtic, and am planning on majoring in archaeology and Celtic Studies one day. Actually, I'm in Scotland right now doing a summer Scottish Studies programme. Theatre...I've been acting since I was ten, and I love it, but this year, I discovered an amazing new world...that of the techie, and most especially of lights. I have designed lights, focused lights, maintained lights, hung lights, everything. And I am madly in love with it. Were I not doing celtic studies, I'd be a theatre electrian. I've also acted, built sets, painted sets, done costumes, run the sound board, helped (kind of) write a play for a drama festival, and directed. Along with those things, I sing (choir and chambers, along with lessons), dance (Irish step), and I love armour and weaponry (I used to take a class in korean sword and want to fence, and I make chainmaille.) So, yeah, that's me in a largeish nutshell.

Okay, now for what I have to share: I'm sure I'll want to change this later, but, this is a poem by Emily Dickinson:

I died for beauty, but was scarce
Adjusted in the tomb,
When one who died for truth was lain
In an adjoining room.

He questioned softly why I failed?         
“For beauty,” I replied.
“And I for truth,—the two are one;
We brethren are,” he said.

And so, as kinsmen met a night,
We talked between the rooms,         
Until the moss had reached our lips,
And covered up our names.

Lastly, I'd like to submit a request to become of the House of Men.

Thank you for your kind (hopefully kind, that is) consideration

MaidenOfTheShieldarm
oxxx(::::::::::::::::::>
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby solith_elf » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:31 pm

Shieldmaiden_pippin wrote:I just read the QP...and I have the most at 91........unless I missed someone..Solith was in second at 73....

Thats mainly because I spend more time trying to escape my RL than the rest of you :D

Yay! We have a new thread! Which is great news, as I couldnt post on the old one :? it came up with a system error every time I pressed submit.. but only on this thread :P

Anyway, what have I been getting up to, with no escape/distraction/evil world domination plans? Well, I've applied to 5 temping agencies, so hopefully I'll gt calls to work in offices now, at a fairly good rate, with flexible work :D Er, yeah, if Im very lucky.

What else? Well, im still having great fun talking to a really cute/posh/cute/rich/intelligent/cute/funny/decent guy. Oh, and he's a pilot :D Little bad fact, he lives at the other end of the flippin country, and doesnt share my love of LOTR :shock: Its all gonna end in tears, I can just see it. Oh well.

Hmm, in other news, I have my first assesment with the cousellor on Tuesday, I'm scared, possibly because I've never actualy opened p to anyone as much as I will probably have to to this woman, and I will have to trust her implicitly with my head. And if any of you know me, which you dont, you'd know I am not appy with that idea. Oh goody.

Im trying to learn basic Norwegian again, and Im trying to plan that trip to Norway. Anyone got a clue how far you can go on a pannier loaded bike in a day?!

Hope you're all well.

Solith.

Oh, and hi Mossy :D Even if youve not been welcomed by a council person. Nice poem, strangely morbid, but beautiful.
solith_elf
Ranger of the North

Postby Eowyn37 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:33 pm

Whew! New thread!

I should introduce myself. I am Wyny, head of the House of Hobbits, along with Borry.

Hi Mossy! Welcome to Council of Teens! I think I'll wait a while and see if someone from the House of Men adds you... *cough*Ugluk maybe*cough* since at the moment, I'll really tired and have no desire to log out of my account... :D

I really liked the poem you shared, also! I'm a big fan of Emily Dickinson, even though I rarely read her poetry. (It's a complicated situation.)

EE, being the youngest IS good! I'm the oldest child in my family, but the youngest of most of my friends. And, I'm going on a missions trip in November, and I'm going to be the youngest. Oh yes, and the shortest by at least 5 or 6 inches. And everyone gets somewhat protective of me. Sooooooo, it's good, because I won't have to lug 2 50 pound suitcases, plus a 20 pound (or so) carryon bag! That would be bad. I can just see myself... that would be like me carrying another me. Which is a very scary thought.

Anyway, what I was trying to say was YOUNG IS GOOD! Even though people can be overly protective, you know it's because they don't want anything to happen to you. Little is good too, because you can sometimes get into movies as a child! (Which doesn't happen to me much anymore, but still...)

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aramel » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:21 am

Well! Having a new thread is good! There's a charm in seeing all that space to spam *cough* er, post in :D . I s'pose I should introduce myself too, since we have a new teen among us. All hail Mossy! :wink:

I'm Aramel. People call me Arie, if the additional two letters are a bother. I'm in the House of Elves, only I don't see my name there. (Elfy? Lothy? Wheeeeere are yooooou?)

*kicks Ugluk* Ahem, my b-day's July 21.

So...

Elfy wrote:And good news E_E she's younger than you. How would you like to not be the youngest member anymore?

EE's the youngest? And I thought I was the only one who, uh, joined before my proper time :roll: .

EE wrote:*grabs a slushie and sets up cloning stand* 50% off in celebration of the new thread! Reg Price: $500 (US)

*grabs the eraser and erases the 5* =:)

Ugluk wrote:1. Do you leave the paper on the doorstep of a nice customer, hoping they won't call up the Herald and complain about it, being nice people?

How about throwing it into the nearest volcano? :P On a more serious note, try explaining to the nice folks, and try not to let the grumpy ones see you.

I've just begun the holidays, after a moste exhausting term. I've finally graduated elem school (which I have come to think of as the Black Pits) and come September I'm off to middle school. Now, I'm more or less free except for that Olympics maths that I can't get my brain to work around. *sigh* A friend of my mom's brought ten books for me from Canada. Priceless. It's enough to keep me going for a week. :D One eventually gets tired of flipping through LOTR for the tenth time in one day. I need something new, occasionally. As they said in Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, humans always like new things :roll: . That part about Aegnor and Andreth made me cry (Sort of like a Beren-Lúthien story, only they never did get married). This time, I got Sauron Defeated, Morgoth's Ring, the Peoples of Middle-earth and the Atlas of Middle-earth. So far, the HoME books were almost the same as LOTR, except for a word changed here and there. The Silmarillion was told around ten times! But the Athrabeth was interesting, as well as Laws and Customs of the Eldar, and the epilogue to RoTK, in which we finally see Elanor. She's always as I thought she would be: daddy's favourite daughter-style.

Mmm, not much more to tell. Still no news from the Mithril Awards. They seem to want to keep me on tenterhooks for as long as possible! :roll: Both of my nominations did get into the finalists, but I'm still waiting for the last results: Winner, runner-up, or something.
Aramel
Ranger of the North

Postby Ugluk » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:08 am

OK, I'll add Mossy, and for that matter while I'm at it I will also add Aramel....and your birthday, too. *rubs bruise from kick* Where'd you get those steel-toed boots, dude? :D

As too news, I'm taking another stab at the Silmarilion. As you may or may not know I have read most parts of it, several of them twice, most notably the story of Beren and Luthien, but never say down and read straight through it. Which I am now going to do. Even if it kills me. I can imagine the coroner's report - Cause of Death: Slogging through Tolkien's Silmarilion. :D:D:D:D:D
After all, what better way to die then by reading J.R.R. Tolkien?

Just me.

Yesterday I had to watch all 5 of my younger siblings ALL DAY. :x My mom was gone at work and Loth and Ro were off enjoying themselves at a cabin up the mountains with some friends. Leaving poor me to fend for myself.
In the morning they watched Peter Pan, a DVD we'd rented a few days before. (the one that just came out) Then they put it back in and started it again. Then my younger brother got back from Ranger camp, took the DVD which was about halfway through, bumped it back to the beginning, and started watching it all over again because he hadn't seen it the first time. Anyway, when that was over they made a mess of things eating breakfast despite my efforts, throwing cereal everywhere. As well as several of them had been eating from some bags of kettle horn and there was hundreds of shredded pieces of popcorn everywhere. So I stuck my two brothers in their room and told them to clean it, and my younger sister Neana put to two little girls in the bath (great things, baths. Keep the kids generally well contained and restrained) while I straightened up the living room and got out the vacuum cleaner. Started vacuuming, pretty soon I noticed that nothing was getting sucked up. Turned it off, opened it up, found that the bloody bag was full, crammed, packed, bulging, had fallen off and there was about 4,000 popcorn kernels jammed against the inside and against the fan and the pan. Threw away the bag, dug the popcorn out, dropping it on the newly cleaned floor. Scraped popcorn out of the fan, the motor, the filters, the pad, my hair. Turned vacuum upside-down and shook it to get out the rest. Put in a new bag, put the vacuum back together, cleaned up the mess I'd just made, cleaned up everything else. Put the vacuum back together.
Ah, time for lunch. Four peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, except one must be made with creamy PB and strawberry jelly, one with creamy PB and honey, one with crunchy PB and grape jelly, one with crunch PB and raspberry jam.
Of course, none of them told me this BEFORE I made the sandwiches. :x

The day went pretty much like that from beginning to end, so by the day's end I was pretty tired, exhausted, angry, bitter, disgusted, beat, and plain worn down. It was only my steadfast resolve and a large dose of sugar that kept me awake long enough to write four great articles for my website and think up an idea for a screenplay and write three pages of it, and think of yet another article (LOTR-themed) to write, which I'm going to do this morning, and then hang around until 11:30 P.M. when Ro and Loth were due home so I could let them in. So technically I would have had to stay awake for that long anyway but at least I put my battered fingers and mind to good use. Locked up the house, crawled wearily into bed after Ro told me all about their trip, including a visit to a amusement park called Silverwood and about a magic show they attended. Including some tricks I'd never heard of before that I could not debunk from hearing her description. Finally set my alarm clock and relaxed, it was 12:45 in the morning. I remember wondering how the guy did the trick and then glancing over at my clock to see it was now 1:00 in the morning. Fell asleep, woke up four hours later to deliver my paper route. Came home at six o'clock, started waking the kids up and getting them fed and dressed before bundling them all off to Vacation Bible School. Now the house is blessedly quiet. No one is here except Loth who is asleep with a high fever (probably from their partying on the way home from Silverwood, darn them). I am now a walking zombie, but I believe I will be able to finish this post and turn the computer off before I collapse and sleep for about 12 straight hours. Except it's only going to be about 2 1/2 hours until the kids get back. And I can't sleep through their racket.

Does anyone know of a place that sells liquid caffiene that you can inject straight into your bloodstream?

:zzz:

g'night....

-Ugluk
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:31 am

I'm the sensible person who ordered pizza! Nice! Its Papa John's right?

Heh,if you ordered it wouldn't you know? :P

Welcome Mossy!:D

*cracks whip* I might not be a Council Member, anymore...but I'm still an oldbie in this thread. I get the right to crack a whip on y'all.

Bah!I was in the first TORC Teens,and I believe I'm the oldest and therefore get oldbie bragging rights! :twisted: :wink:

Andu I hadn't gone to TORC's Padlocked so I didn't know he was going to add something. I liked it though!

Glad you had a good day Ugluk. :roll: Your siblings sound like my little cousin. I watched Spiderman like 3 times in a row one day. In total I probably watched it 7 or 8 times in the two weeks I was there. :shock:

I don't know a place that sells liquid caffeine that you can inject into your bloodstream,sorry.But there's lots of drinks you can get. My cousin is like,addicted to caffiene and buys lots of those drinks. When I was there he bought a drink called Bawls from the gas station(appatizing name eh?hehe). I tried it and I didn't think it had a lot of taste,but it wasn't that bad. :wink:

I haven't read the Silmarillion straight through either. I had to go back and read the first part about the Valar. It can get confusing. :x

:horse:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Inwe-Taralom » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:40 am

Wow! I was actually in the council thing this time! :P Thanks, Ugluk! *glomps*

Ugluk, you've never read the Sil straight through?:shock: I have! :P Have you ever heard of the time that I read HoME straight through in only 10 days? Or how I can read a page of Tolkien's work in a half of a minute? :P :roll: Me thinks I read too much...

Yay! My birthday is in fifteen days on July 27th! :)

Ugluk forgot to mention that I was on last night, staying up until 2:30 in the morning my time, 11:30 at night his time to keep him company. It was all his fault! :P :D Not really, I don't mind. :wink: I woke up at 7:00 in the morning again because my parents wake me up when they get ready for work. I'm not a tiny bit tired now, though. The scary thing is, I'm both a night owl and an early bird. :Q So, that brings us to this question...

Question: Are you a night owl or an early bird?

Yay! I brought up a topic! That's a first...:P :roll:

HUGGLES FOR EVERYONE!!!
:grouphug:
Last edited by Inwe-Taralom on Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inwe-Taralom
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:44 am

Welcome, Mossy! :D

EE, being the youngest IS good!

Exactly! I only say I hate it to keep up appearances. Everyone else, you did NOT read that. :P

Elfy wrote:
And good news E_E she's younger than you. How would you like to not be the youngest member anymore?

EE's the youngest? And I thought I was the only one who, uh, joined before my proper time.

Seriously? There are actually a few of us, but I won't name any besides me. I joined two and a half years before my proper time, but no one cares. They all say I act like I'm **-**, anyway. Or at least most of them do. And somehow we all know each other's ages, even most of us aren't allowed to post it. ^^ I think we posted it in the 3rd thread, though...

EE wrote:
*grabs a slushie and sets up cloning stand* 50% off in celebration of the new thread! Reg Price: $500 (US)

*grabs the eraser and erases the 5*

That'll be 0% off, then. =:)

Very...interesting day, Ugluk. Sounds worse than my little cousin. Everytime I see him, he insists I play hide-and-seek with him for hours. Thankfully, I don't see him that often anymore. :wink:

I've read the Sil straight through twice, but I won't say I enjoyed it the first time. In fact, I was throwing some pretty colorful curses Tolkien's way. :oops:

Quote:
I'm the sensible person who ordered pizza! Nice! Its Papa John's right?

Heh,if you ordered it wouldn't you know?

*opens mouth and shuts it again* Elfy... *whines* :P

Nightowl, most definitely. I rarely wake up earlier than 11 AM when I'm off school.
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby -|---Anduril » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:23 am

Welcome Mossy! Don't be intimidated with long posts.. we're all spammers!!

(I AM NOT ENCOURAGING SPAM!!!!)

Me? I'm a night owl most definately. You can ask those who I chat to on MSN.. I usually get off the computer at about 1am.. unless I'm REALLY tired or something..
Even when I have university.. I used to stay up till about 2:30am studying..

Bleh

I just realised.. This is my last year as a member of this thread...

I'll have to sail into the west, then.. right???

:ban:

EE, you cloning sleeze!!!

Ugluk, I don't suppose you can ever complain about having a boring life can you???!!!!

Andu I hadn't gone to TORC's Padlocked so I didn't know he was going to add something. I liked it though!

Weren't you the one who told us to go there in the first place???

Pip, can you give me the adress of your messageboard again, because I lost it.. sorry.. I lost all my bookmarks..

You can e-mail it to me if you don't want to post it here
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby Eowyn37 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:59 pm

Andu! You're going to be leaving us next year? AHHHHHH! What will we do without you? *sigh* I suppose we'll manage.

I bet you'll have fun sailing into the west. "ahoy, mateys!" :D

You could classify me both as a night owl and a morning person. I can stay up late, but if I don't get to sleep in, I get crabby. But, at camp, people kept telling me, "It's 7, I just woke up...but you woke up an hour ago! How are you so dang cheerful!"

Ah yes, I have the best of both worlds.

Wow Ugluk, I really feel bad for you. I know how that is, I've babysat my share of younger siblings. You have more than me, (I have 5) but still. it's tough. Sometimes they get to be such picky eaters that I say, "Fine, you can make your own lunch!" My mom doesn't mind me saying that because she knows they never would. Like today, I made mac and cheese, and the 3 year old wanted cake batter. :roll:

I have a question. Do guys or girls have more control over the kids they are babysitting? (in general, assuming they're all good babysitters...) Do you think kids think, "Oh, I have a girl babysitter, and she's not much bigger than me! I can act up!" when it's a girl, and "uh oh, it's a guy...he might pound me!"

It seems to me that this is how it works. *sigh* the trials of being a babysitter, right?

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby Pippin4242 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:51 pm

Ishy steps into the new Council Building, looking around in wonderment. She admires the wallpaper- good irony, but a little wearing on the eyes- and imagines another wall covered in soothing colours. Then she sees the terrible clashingness of it all and imagines that all four walls are covered in Matrix Elvish with a high green ceiling, just to be on the safe side. She realises that one corner of the room they are standing in is filled with... cushions!!! She leaps joyfully into the Great Cushion Heap only to discover that it is on top of the Great Pizza Heap. She peels an anchovy from her backside and tells herself to stop imagining things before Billy Boyd walks in without any... oh, too late. Ishy hands the suprised actor a cushion and he runs away, looking both embarrassed and bewildered.

Well... for anyone who hadn't guessed what goes on in my subconscious mind... :roll:

So... I have to audition now, right? Sorry... still a little dazed... that's a description a birthday and a stuff, right? :P

I'm Pippin, or Pips- don't confuse me with the other Pippin, who is Pip or Pippy.

-Oh- I have to go. Will finish my audition tomorrow lunchtime.:)

*~Pips~*
Pippin4242
Ranger of the North

Postby ladyofrohirrim » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:43 pm

New thread new thread! *happy dance*
And I am soon to become the shortest poster so far after reading some of the novels that everyone has written, but the truth is after nine hours of volunteering at the local marine science museum on six hours of sleep I don't have much (intelligent) to say. However, for a short point of interest, there was a girl who had a Frodo t-shirt on, and when I told her that she had a cool t-shirt and I love LotR, she stared at me, said "yeah" and walked away. Nice, huh?
Eh Wyny I'm not much for babysitting at all so I can't really comment on that.
Would really like to comment on everybody else, but tired and Wyny's was easy to answer.
Love you all!!!!!!
LoR
PS: Welcome to the House of Men, Mossy (I'm not in charge but I'm pretty sure you're audition will be approved!) We all are extremely nice people.
ladyofrohirrim
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:22 pm

-|---Anduril wrote:I just realised.. This is my last year as a member of this thread...

Hmmm...I only have 5 months left in this thread :shock:

For all of those trying to read the Sil and have contemplated lying down and dying while doing so - trust me, it's awesome even though it's really hard to read. I didn't try reading it until I was almost 18 years old and even then it was very difficult for me to read. I like it more than LOTR now that I've read it all the way through one time. My favorite parts are the tale of Beren and Luthien and the stories about Gondolin (which is a lot of it, but the Fall of Gondolin is my favorite).

And I'm a night owl by the way, although I'm not cranky when I get up in the morning. I could stay out all night if I actually had places to go :P

Evenstar_of_Imladris

P.S. Mossy! Yay! Glad to see you in here :D *motherly huggles*
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby -|---Anduril » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:27 am

I have a question. Do guys or girls have more control over the kids they are babysitting? (in general, assuming they're all good babysitters...) Do you think kids think, "Oh, I have a girl babysitter, and she's not much bigger than me! I can act up!" when it's a girl, and "uh oh, it's a guy...he might pound me!"

I dunno... I've never actually did any baby sitting, but a few years ago I did go to the orphanage and stay with the 1-3year old kids there...
And a 2 year old girl threw a wooden block at me and broke my front tooth...

So forgive me for not being very comfortable with small kids.

... And even though I'll be too old to be a member here, i'll still drop by sometimes.. You can't shake me off that easy!!
EoI, that goes for you too! Don't leave us for good!
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby Aramel » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:51 am

Ok, I'm confused...

What does it mean to "sail into the west"? Oh, I know it means leaving, but why is it at an ordained time? Is it because you'll soon be out of your teens? Well, I'm glad I still have around eight years :D . Don't have to worry 'bout leaving anytime soon...

EE wrote:That'll be 0% off, then.

:shock: Um. Whatever. Just hand me my clone, will ya? Achilles, make no mistake. :P

EE wrote:I joined two and a half years before my proper time, but no one cares.

Really? If my calculations are correct, then, your birthday is exactly one month and one day after mine. Mmh... if you don't consider that fact, how old would you think me?

Inwe wrote:I read HoME straight through in only 10 days

I bow to thee :shock: . Even though I can almost get the Sil off by heart (and I'm starting to forget it too), HoME is too much for me to tackle. Well, except for the Lays, and the Athrabeth, and LACE, and... well, you get the picture! Anything new will do.

Inwe wrote:Question: Are you a night owl or an early bird?

Night owl. Mom says I stay up later than is good for me. Mind, I never did stay up later than 3... *cough* Most times when I have school I sleep 'round 11:30. In the holidays, I sleep whenever I want. :roll:

Andu wrote:And a 2 year old girl threw a wooden block at me and broke my front tooth...

:shock: well, now you know why I'm thankful I don't have to babysit anyone...

I spent most of today reading. Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmler Bradley was sorta-- unsuitable. Embarassing :oops: . Ouch. You won't believe how I slowly turned red, from the cheeks to the forehead and then to the roots of my hair. Next time, I'll make sure to get someone to check my reading material first. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Aramel
Ranger of the North

Postby Ugluk » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:42 am

-|---Anduril wrote:And a 2 year old girl threw a wooden block at me and broke my front tooth...

Owch! That's, um....unique, shall we say? I broke my front tooth but that was with a baseball bat. What happened, did you get a cap glued on or what? That's what happened to me.....:D:D:D

Also, who's thinking of leaving? :x NOBODY leaves here....you'll just be tenteen, eleventeen, twelveteen, thirteenteen, fourteenteen, etc. :D

Aramel wrote:You won't believe how I slowly turned red, from the cheeks to the forehead and then to the roots of my hair.

How'd you know you were turning red? Do you read sitting on front of a mirror to watch your own reactions to -- certain parts of books? :P

In terms of how I function I'm definitely a night owl. But every single day for 3 1/2 years now I've gotten up at 5:00 A.M. to deliver papers, but I've never gotten used to it and am still exhausted when I get up.

Happily, yesterday, at 10:00 I crashed and slept for about 2 1/2 hours, waking up feeling a good deal more refreshed. Then we watched 'Congo', and I started trying to get my mom to buy some huckleberry cobbler with the fresh huckeberries Ro and Loth picked the day before. (my mom's huckleberry cobbler is the greatest) So we had to go get some ice cream, so we got into the van (I got to drive w00t) and first we went to the library to drop off some books, and then we went over to Burger King to get some free french fries for my younger siblings, and then I had to make a left turn onto a busy street. Finally I spotted my opening, gunned the engine, and roared out, and instantly after getting into the correct lane the sun, which was setting, flared down, hit my glasses, and reflected straight back into my eyes. Completely blinding me. :shock: I ducked my head down about six inches and grabbed the sun visor, trying to twist it over to block the sun, and in the process our van swerved slightly to the right. I managed to correct in time and avoid pasting the motorcyclist on our right. Darn sun. :x
If I didn't have to wear glasses I could wear these: 8) Rats.

toodle-pip

-Ugluk
Last edited by Ugluk on Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:47 am

*opens mouth and shuts it again* Elfy... *whines*

LOL! Oh you're such fun.:D

WHAT???! Liar! Me?! Spam?!?!?! :shock: Such a thing can not be. :P *cough* You on the other hand... :roll: :twisted:
And yes I did tell you to go to TORC's Padlocked but usually when someone posts there it sends me an email,plus I really didn't think anyone payed much attention to my posts anyway. :roll:

Question: Are you a night owl or an early bird?

Definately night owl. I stayed up till 1:30 just the other night. But it doesn't matter if I go to bed at 7:00p.m or 3:00a.m,I can never get up without difficulty.

Do kids really go into that much thought? :shock: What am I saying of course they do they're evil. :roll: But I really wouldn't know I've never babysitted before. My parents are always suggesting that I do that sense I'm not quite old enough to get a job yet(coming up soon though!Wheeee!!!) and I want/need money. I mean the only time of the year I do get money is my birthday! I do chores,but do I get payed for it?NO! Not a penny! Cutting grass isn't really an option 'cause my own yard is big enough,and our stupid push mower is too slow and I can't even start it myself...Wait how did I get on this subject again?! :x Oh yeah kids,well we'll never really know how their mind works. It is one of evil and should be left alone. :wink:

Great audtion by the ways Pips. :lol:

However, for a short point of interest, there was a girl who had a Frodo t-shirt on, and when I told her that she had a cool t-shirt and I love LotR, she stared at me, said "yeah" and walked away. Nice, huh?

Heh,must have been one of those fan girls who don't know anything about Frodo besides "his big blue eyes are so cute".Or maybe she's just not a social person.*shrug*

EoI,you must not abandon us for good! Like Andu said you should drop in occasionally! I'm not worried about Andu I know she couldn't stand staying away from CoT,I'm here!:D:angel:

Just another example on the evilness of the little young ones. :|

I spent most of today reading. Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmler Bradley was sorta-- unsuitable. Embarassing . Ouch. You won't believe how I slowly turned red, from the cheeks to the forehead and then to the roots of my hair. Next time, I'll make sure to get someone to check my reading material first.

I've never read it...what's so embarassing about it? :?

And Ugluk you can tell you're turning red when your face starts to burn. :P

Also, who's thinking of leaving? NOBODY leaves here....you'll just be tenteen, eleventeen, twelveteen, thirteenteen, fourteenteen, etc.

Buhahaha,good idea.We can all be teens forever now!W0ot! 8)

I saw Spiderman 2 again last night,that's a great movie. :) ...Man I use lots of emoticons don't I? :woah:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:49 am

Quote:
*opens mouth and shuts it again* Elfy... *whines*

LOL! Oh you're such fun.

And you're not? Rum hater. :P

Quote:

WHAT???! Liar! Me?! Spam?!?!?! Such a thing can not be. *cough* You on the other hand...

Riiiiiight... We all know how you got so many posts so soon... =:)

Ouch. I've never had a tooth broken, but the inside of the metal things in the back of my mouth feel like a dull blade whenever I move my tongue. But a broken tooth is probably worse.

Also, who's thinking of leaving? NOBODY leaves here....you'll just be tenteen, eleventeen, twelveteen, thirteenteen, fourteenteen, etc.

YES! Now NO ONE gets to sail west! MUAHAHAHA!!! Ahem. But seriously. If Andu and Imi don't stop by here sometimes, I'll force them to watch the Bakshi versions over... and over... and over... and over... and- Okay, fine.

Um. Whatever. Just hand me my clone, will ya? Achilles, make no mistake.

I did give you Achilles, over in your congrats thread in Tom's House. Don't think I'll give you two. :wink:

Really? If my calculations are correct, then, your birthday is exactly one month and one day after mine. Mmh... if you don't consider that fact, how old would you think me?

Hmmm... maybe **-**18? In my experience, people who are obsessed with LOTR are often more mature than their normal counterparts.

I was looking through the archives my mom keeps of kindergarten through 3rd grade last night. Believe it or not, I could hardly spell a word correctly until 3rd grade. :Q That shocked me more than a bit, seeing how I'm such a spelling addict now. Also, on one of the "Progress Reports" you always got in elementary school, it said "Refuses to volunteer to answer questions. Must be called on." :D I always was a stubborn little brat...

Anything you're embarrassed by that you had a habit of as a kid?
Last edited by Evenstar_Elfstone on Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:42 am

:D Thanks for the welcome/admittance, guys! :D

I'm really sorry I didn't get to post sooner...I had four lectures yesterday, and then we went to the theatre after supper, and then today I had two morning lectures immediately after which we left for Falkand and Loch Lomond. Anyway, I *finally* got online.

Fun fact: Did you know that that song about "The bonny, bonny banks of Loch Lomond" is about convicts? One guy got the death penalty (the one who goes on the low road and will get to Scotland before ye, but never meet his ain true love again), and the other guy (who will take the high road) didn't? I learned that last night... good times.

Are you a night owl or an early bird?

Definitely a night owl. I've been known to stay up till 3:30 with homework and 2:30/3 with out. Dunno what happened....I used to get up at 6:30 every morning...without an alarm. I remember when 8:30 seemed late...now 8:30 elicits a response along the lines of "Why am I awake this early? I can stille get three more hours of sleep. :zzz:"

And a two year old girl threw a wooden block at me and broke my front tooth...

I feel your pain...my mother works with two year olds, and she used to have a family daycare at our house. Four boys, all three/four and under equals lots and lots of flying objects. I definitely remember getting hit. Small children are bad news...

Whoever read the HoME straight through in 10 days, I am in awe of your superpowers. It took me a month to get through the Silm straight through (both times :|), the same for the LT 1 and UT, and two weeks for the LT2 (because that was all I had). I always thought that that kind of feat was like...physically impossible.

Gosh, I love the edit button.

Also, on one of the "Progress Reports" you always got in elementary school, it said "Refuses to volunteer to answer questions. Must be called on."

I'm still like that. Almost every report card says that I need to participate more and volunteer more often. It takes me time to process things, and its really hard for me to put my thoughts into words, which is one of the reasons that I avoid talking in Spanish class at all times. Plus my teacher has decided that I'm just belligerent and don't care/try, and refuses to see it any other way... :x

I think that's all I have to say for now. I'm going to take a shower, actually. Hiking is a dirty business... Not that you all care or anything...just thought I'd share. :D

Cheers!
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
oxxx(::::::::::::::::::>
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby solith_elf » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:00 pm

I just realised.. This is my last year as a member of this thread...

Ooops. Just as a matter of interest, how old is too old for this thread? Im still a teen... but exactly what age do you kick people out at? Eek!

Ho hum. Nothing new. except Ive been offered 2 jobs, refused 1 and I havent made my mind up about the other....

Oh, and I'm doing design for a school play. Well, its the leavers play. Which technically I am.

I went to the counsellor today,for my first appointment. And it turns out its my last as well. They people cant help me because the waiting list is so long that I'll be at university, and away from my home city, before I get to the top of the list.

So I have to wait until September :roll: But the good news is that they were ver nice, and I found the place ok. And as I was talking, I found some things that I thought I was over were still bothering me, so I have to work them out. Which will be fun.

This is a bit spammy.

ooh, on a ROTK topic... can anyone explain the missing horses? In the final battle at the Black Gate, Aragorn, Gandlaf, Eomer, etc are on horses. But when Aragorn says "For Frodo" and runs to fight the Orcs, he isnt on a horse... none of them are, the horses have gone. Where? How? Why?

Am I being stupid? Im going back for another look......

Anyways, friendship problems.... my mate who Ive known since I was really small has drifted away from our group quite a lot, and no-n can seem t get her to explain whats wrong. she seems really upset, but like me, shes one of these people who just buries what they are feeling and gets on with what they have to do. but shes sounhappy, i cant bear to see her like this.

So, I need to get her to talk :( I dont know how.

Hope youre all well.
solith_elf
Ranger of the North

Postby Daefaroth » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:55 pm

I have been patient. You have all, generally, been very co-operative.

But age references are creeping in again, and you all know exactly what the TOS states about that.

"Then again, you're probably some 50-year-old perverted guy sitting behind his keyboard laughing evilly as you type these words. "

This is not something to joke about. I suggest the author of that particular post go edit the rest out, or I will do the honours myself.

And the person who quoted it, remove it from your post as well, same deal applies.

"And somehow we all know each other's ages, even most of us aren't allowed to post it. I think we posted it in the 3rd thread, though... "

Which, along with all its prececessors, was severely edited - for your protection.

I will not repeat the exercise with this thread.

One more reference to minor ages, one more "guess how old I am" post and this thread will be permanently locked. You will not flaunt the TOS.

And you will not be warned again.
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Postby Eowyn37 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:50 pm

Sorry! We'll make sure not to do it again.

Anyhoo. I came on here with ideas for a long long post! Where is it now?

Oh, I have a new topic. I've wanted to do it, but kept forgetting. Here it is:

What is your favorite number and WHY?

Dumb question, but it's very intriguing for me...

My favorite number is 37. My favorite number used to be 3, but when I played basketball (which was my first sport, so it was the first time I ever had a numbered jersey for anything) I needed to take the number 7. The smaller numbers where in the smaller sizes, so I needed to give up the number 3 shirt to a girl who was a little smaller than me. Then 7 was my favorite number, but when I put an order in for my soccer jersey, it had already been taken. (It was odd though, the numbers are just there for decoration in our soccer league... oh well.) So had 3, so I put the two together and got.... 10! Except, I didn't like 10. :roll: So I put them together without adding them, and got 37.

That was 3 years ago, but every time I need to pick a number, I choose 37. I'm one of the most obsessed people I know when it comes to favorite numbers.

Anyhoo. That was my contribution. I feel dumb asking that question because I'm sure most of you won't be as obsessed with numbers as I am. Oh well!

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:46 pm

Wyny. That's a really weird question.

My favorite number is 59. I do not know why. It just is. I don't like "normal" numbers, that everyone thinks off right off the bat, like 5, 25, 50, 10, etc. I tend to choose weird numbers like 10,500,002.3890000002. Maybe that's just one of the odder aspects of my need to be different/odd/quirky. Anyway, yeah. Oh, and I really love pi and phi. I think that they are wicked cool, and I really don't know why, cause I definitely don't like math. so, yeah. that's really all I have to say about *that* subject.
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby ladyofrohirrim » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:58 pm

My lucky number is 484 and I use it all the time for horseshows and such for years and years. I got it because it was once the number of the rule of the event I most like to compete in. Whats nifty is its a palindrome whose square root is 22, another palindrome. Wow, I have too much time on my hands.
My second favorite number is 31 because Aragorn's birthday is March 1, 2931, so 3-1-31.
*everyone takes two giant steps away from LoR and stares at her strangely*
LoR
ladyofrohirrim
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth