Council of Teens: Reloaded! (please read 1st post)

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:01 am

Haha, I just did most of my laundry the other day...but I didn't put my clothes away and last night I was tearing my room apart because I couldn't find one of my shoes, and so clothes are everywhere now... :roll: :|
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Lothloriel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Yeah, my room is completely hopeless.

So I went to court today...see, the cops in this one area are COMPLETELY insane, and wrote me a $200 ticket for going 43 in a 40mph zone....

Anyway, I went into court, got my ticket docked by $125, and went to go pay it...at which point some guy is paying who has 8 outstanding tickets and a warrant out for his arrest. He's standing there trying to convince the cashier that he could just make payments of $20 a month and pay off all 8 tickets in less than a year...B^

much lolzers.
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:26 am

haha! Lawl. Oh man, some people...

43 in a 40? YOU CRIMINAL. :nono:

Yeah...I was on my way home with some friends in tow, and I was kind of going 80. In a 60. Yeah...not to mention our highway is under some pretty major construction, and we have a LOT of idiot drivers out here.

You know what's really sad? The other day, I was in the passing lane going about 70, and keep in mind that my car is REALLY small (chevy aveo ls), and I look in my rear view mirror and there is this HUGE suv on my tail. Usually when this happens, I'll slow down to EXACTLY the speed limit, but I felt like a freaking ant compared to that giant. So I speed up a little, and they're STILL riding my tail. There's a point, coming into town, where the speed drops down to 45, and so about 1/4 of a mile before that point I start slowing down to 45, hahaha, oh man, they were almost on my BUMPER. Thankfully I had to turn at the light, and they went straight through, but man, that was scary. I don't have many pet peeves out when I'm driving, but riding my tail is definitely something that irritates the heck out of me. :angry:
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:19 pm

AUGH!! I come back to find more posts in the last few days than there has been in the last few years.

Craziness!!! :shock:

At least they're by cool peoples. :heart: :P I don't know what I'd do if this place was taken over by n00bs...
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Lothloriel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:42 pm

*bows*

What can I say, Pip and I are epic and full of win. 8)

:P

Yeah, it's a little sad...we had so many active posters for so long...we wrote our horrendously bad TTB...*sigh*

Pip: I hate it when people ride my bumper! It probably doesn't help that I've been rear-ended before. But it's really bad when I'm speeding and they're still right behind me. One time I was going close to 70 in a 55 zone and this jerk in a huge jacked-up Ford truck was, I kid you not, about 18 inches from my bumper. :x

And then the other day I was heading home from school on the highway. Three lanes. Three soccer moms in minivans, all going 10 under, and in a perfect line across the highway so no one could get past them. I swear they were like that for eight miles!
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:26 pm

People on the road always annoy me...probably more than they should. But yeah, it annoys me when people don't follow basic road rules. For example, if someone slows down and then turns on their blinkers. Actually, I've encountered lots of people who simply don't use their blinkers at all. :x And passing in the right lane (there are exceptions to this, of course. Like if some stupid semi is blocking a lane, which happens quite frequently). Also in the little town I went to high school in, there was a four-way stop, and people were always going when it wasn't there turn. :x I want to slap them.

Concerning the bumper-riding...if you put on your breaks and the person behind you smashed into you, it would be their fault wouldn't it? And you could sue? I've considered doing that before. :roll:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Yeah, something like that, Elfy...I'm not too keen on getting in an accident, even if I WOULD get money from it.

Wow. I just got back from the mall (and hobby lobby and kohls) and my friend and I decided to take my boyfriend, and it's sad because we were looking at all of this girly stuff...man, we torment him sometimes, hahaha. He takes it really well, though. He had to drag me out of hobby lobby though, for real...I swear, I could LIVE in that place.

And chinese for lunch? Always.
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Lothloriel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Take it from me, it sucks. Not worth doing.

I've never seen a Hobby Lobby---I'm assuming it has something to do with hobbies... :?

Chinese sounds really good though...mmm....might actually go and get some...

Was re-reading VotDT today....man I love that book. It cracks me up so much. "No interviews without 'pointments 'cept between nine and ten every second Saturday."

*is muchly amused*
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:33 pm

I finally finished Call of the Wild, last night. I cried at the end.

Yeah, Hobby Lobby is an arts and crafts store...almost the exact same thing as Michaels. It's awesome. I could LIVE there.
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Lothloriel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:46 pm

I just saw a movie where they talked about The Secret Garden and now I have to reread it. :shock: I loooooove that book.

I did my first puzzle a couple weeks ago and I think I'm addicted now. I'd never done one over about 200 pieces before.
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Lothloriel wrote:I did my first puzzle a couple weeks ago and I think I'm addicted now. I'd never done one over about 200 pieces before.

That's cool. I haven't done a big puzzle in a long time. Every time I'm at the store I'll look at the puzzles and consider getting one...but I don't really 1)have the time 2)the room 3)the motivation past a certain point. :P Oh well, maybe over the summer. And if I got one it'd have to be an awesome picture.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Boromir209 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:59 am

We start a puzzle on Dec 31st here and try to finish it before the ball drops on TV, its pretty fun. I wasn't home this year, was with the girlfriend, and we were out watching a movie from about 9-11. As we were going back to her grandmother's she takes a wrong turn and I ask what's going on, she says its a surprise, I ask again and she says were going to get a puzzle. I look at her like she's crazy because it is like 11:50 at night on New Year's Eve and say that no place is going to be open, well we pull into a Walmart and pick up a puzzle. :P Made it back a few minutes before the ball dropped, definitely didn't finish as it was like the hardest puzzle I've done, maybe because there weren't five people working on it this time like normal at home, but it was still fun. ....And that's my story :D
Boromir209
Boromir209
Ranger of the North

Postby Lothloriel » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Itsa Borry! :hug:

We used to have rubber-band wars while we waited for the ball to drop...whoever wimped out first lost. I tell you, Ugluk could shoot those things HARD. B^

I have a Beauty and the Beast puzzle that has all kind of random shapes in it. Not traditional hole-and-plug puzzle pieces, pieces that are hearts and waves and weird things like that. It makes it a lot more difficult.
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby lady_of_legolas » Fri May 02, 2008 3:59 am

*poke*

:D
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

Postby Lothloriel » Fri May 02, 2008 7:30 am

*poke*

*poke*
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Thu May 15, 2008 1:48 pm

*bazookas*
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Lothloriel » Thu May 15, 2008 7:09 pm

*tear*
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby lady_of_legolas » Fri May 16, 2008 3:40 am

I'm not good at random conversation starting..
I blame the mass spam scare when if you were the slightest bit casual in posting you were GROWLED!!! :P

So, the faithfully obvious ... how is everyone?

I'm procrastinating - whooo!!! (3rd year law and bio double degree now, funfun.. yup I'm just talking **** cause we'll get yelled at for too much poking ;))

*fiddles*

Can we re-start the MMMA?

oh my I've been AWOL so long I've suddenly only got 3 months of officially being allowed here :Q
Pretty much everyone must be nearing that..?
I don't want to be old..

Yup, study. Blah.

Oh I missed the smilies!! :hihi: :hug: :horse: :drink:

............ :bookworm: :bang:

:rose:
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

Postby lady_of_legolas » Fri May 16, 2008 3:46 am

And the clone shop!!!!

I have so many more people I want clones of now!!! =:)
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Fri May 16, 2008 6:05 pm

lady_of_legolas wrote:oh my I've been AWOL so long I've suddenly only got 3 months of officially being allowed here :Q
Pretty much everyone must be nearing that..?
I don't want to be old..

Same here! :D You're turning 20 in August, too? Party!

We can still come here though, we run this place, and it would just die because there aren't many teenagers left on TORC anyway. :P Maybe that'll change after the Hobbit comes out people start flocking in.

*rips*
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Lothloriel » Sat May 17, 2008 12:31 pm

*still has 2 years of being offically a TT*

*pwns you all*

Unfortunantely, that means I still get inudated with teenish drama...B^

I miss the clone shop....I think I'm still owed a Halbarad Dunadan...
Lothloriel
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sun May 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Good job, Loth.

*owns Beren* :twisted:

I actually got married to him in the old Chapel. :rofl: That died years ago though. :( I tried reviving CCD and it's not working. What's wrong with people these days! Can't post in places where you have to be creative, oh no. :|

:P
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby lady_of_legolas » Sun May 18, 2008 11:19 pm

The level of RP-writing has gone up..
And I liked being a dragon :P Borry ever around? I think he somehow ended up being my captain, how did I get into that..?

Mmm and maybe the Hobbit will even drag back some of the vanished oldies...

Aww I remember having a bday party on TORC!!

Ok I'm procrastinating and as much as it is my forte, it's not a good week for it, WORK!!!!
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

Postby lady_of_legolas » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:16 am

Wow. I actually managed to kill TORC teens... :shock:
Wups..
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Don't worry, I've done it tons of times. :P
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby lady_of_legolas » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:54 am

*brings the difibrillators again*
*charges*

*ZAPCRASHBANG*

Come on!!! LIIIIIVE!!!!!
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Maybe we need lots of lightening and a modern Dr. Frankenstein?
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby lady_of_legolas » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Lightning never hurts... much. Or even if it does it's still pretty..

We could always track down and fix up the cloning equipment and clone evryone... Kinda weird, but we'd have people and could resume abusing Borry and Rin... :)

So who think's Prince Caspian looks pretty?! :P;) Apparantly he has a lovely accent.

Yeah so I was just going to get going with upcoming movie discussion, but you're US and ahead :roll:

I tried..

*plays with fireworks instead*
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

Postby Boromir209 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:45 am

As always, with me conspicuously absent. B^ Whats a captain and why am i one? I don't think Ive ever been into this cloning place you're talking of, yet somehow I've been abused in there... You'll be hearing from my lawyers soon.
Boromir209
Boromir209
Ranger of the North

Postby lady_of_legolas » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:03 pm

*glomps* :D

Candy-cane duelling, Borry, you had a team, you could turn into a dragon, I have no idea why I ended up on your team, and don't worry, I'd forgotten too :P

Filthy-minded boy.... :roll:

Anyone else heard of this horrible theory that caffiene is bad for your memory? (ie ruining chocolate as well as coffee during exam season?)
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth