ÔThe Rings of the Elements Guild Ô *~"Revisit the Rings"~*

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:25 pm

Vana stood silent with tears in her eyes as the ceremony in remembrance of WillowWetherford took place in the quiet hall of AHUR. The beauty of the words and the love shared by all who felt the loss of such a bright light in the dark and dreary world were laid bare for all to see.

Brnin I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing I say or do will easy the pain but know that we are here as your friends and always will be.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby BrninThedwarf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Thank you all. That was wonderful. It never ceases to amaze me that people as a whole can be kind.

I mainly posted to thank the guild for the wonderful tribute to my sister, but also to ask if anyone is interested in an RP in the Pony dedicated to her. Here's the link. Thanks again.

The Dark Journey East.
BrninThedwarf
Shield Bearer

Postby EntwifeLost » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:45 pm

Im glad you liked it Brnin. It will always be part of our little Tolkien heaven here at the Rings Guild!!

Where is everyone... ?
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:49 am

I've been busy with the details of moving, and am quite likely to be busy with this for some time with the end results of moving: the sorting of random cr@p that got thrown together in that last few hours of packing. That and reclaiming the house from the multitudes of boxes and packing tubs that are scattered about.

Speaking from the bottom of a completely different heap right now,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby EntwifeLost » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:19 pm

Hate moving too HR!! Hope all is moved in and stacked up... Youll get thru the boxes eventually. If you leave them closed long enough, its like a little suprise when you open the box like 3 months later! Surprise yourself... :roll: :idea: :roll:

WHO NEEDS A RING?? Anyone?? Its been a while since we have had new folks... ah the old ages...

Õ ****** Õ MASTER RING HOLDER ACTION Õ ****** Õ

"A strange craving for hot dogs....... where is that coming from..
A nice little tastebud flashback of mustard and relish on a perfect bun. Ahooom!!!... Hot..Dogs..."
Enty pondered to herself.
Her pesky ring, The Earth Ring of Vine Entanglement, suddenly flicked itself into a vibrant glee of color. Enty felt Kreth's comical aura take quite a risk in "entertaining" her with such a unruly way.. The large hungry Entwife wondered if somehow she would get a hot dog out of this sudden Ring Action...
It wasnt very likely with Kreth. She was vicious in her own elemental way, somewhat lost in her abilities to express entanglement in Earth's eye. A pushy ring of the Earth, but most often, she was quite right in her intentions.

After an overdone 'tornado' of cracking neon colored tendrils, Kreth calmed down and drew back in the opal stone. Before the Tree of Sanctuary, was a rolling vendor cart. YES a vendor cart, fully loaded, shiny and quite large. Complete with an umbrella and a saucy merchant too! BUT...... He wasnt selling Hot Dogs?
"I guess no Hot Dogs then." Enty said , as she adjusted her Earth Ring and scolded its audacity!!

Adorning the "Ringers-Cart" were the emblems of the Rings Guild, with a 'panoramic' AHUR painted behind them. The side of his serving areas listed all the elements, and showed some Ring drawings. From inside the cart, leaped brilliant prismatic beams of color. Lifting the well's lid would cause the cart to spew forth wonderful and powerful orchestra music. It was attractive and generally induced immediate curiousity. The few present marveled and discussed its creative way to attract 'even one' new Ring holder. it had been a lonely, cold and unseasonable Age of the Rings Guild. The whistling vendor pushed his way through the AHUR and out to Middle Earth. He was on his way to many towns and regions. Soon after he was rumoured to, pass out sparkly flyers attracting would-be Ring Holders, and shout through the streets:

"WE HAVE RINGS HERE!!

GET YOUR RINGS.... ALL ELEMENTS!!

GET YOUR RINGS HERE...MAGICAL RINGS OF THE AHUR!!! "

*** Õ *** END RING ACTION *** Õ ***
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Arduina » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:56 pm

Arduina approaches the cart with trepidation, shyly looking about and slowly she speaks out to the Entwife she sees standing beside the cart.

"May I have a ring of power? I wish to have the Star ring of the Spirit Voice, "Suleoma". The ring of which I request would be pure white crystals entwined in a setting of the finest mithril in a starburst design. I would be most honored if I were entrusted to wear such a ring.

Then she bowed her head and waited patiently to hear from the Entwife.
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby EntwifeLost » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:41 pm

Ah Hooms and Welcome to the Rings Guild, Arduina!

"That cart is just on its way through here again! Its been making the rounds in ME and you are the first to find it. Ahh, nice choice, the finest mithril for your ring eh? I must hasten to the Forge, and make sure the correct.............."
Enty stopped herself. It seemed a spirit of some sort, had already consulted the Forge elves at the AHUR. Such is the spirit of the Star elements. Always over our heads! Appearing in flowing descent from Forge was a silver being. A female figure, colored a light milky blue. Her hands cradled a crystal chest . The being hummed a melodic tune as she placed the chest under the Tree of Sanctuary.

Enty touched a hanging limb of the ancient tree and the chests lid slowly opened. Arduina remained at her side, taken back by such a display.

Arduina, may I present you with:
The Star Ring of the Spirit Voice, "Suleoma"
May its soothing wisps of spiritual power, always lift your heart to the Heavens!

:shock: You now hold the 50th RING of the MOON / SUN / STAR ELEMENT!!

Please visit us often and feel free to check out the large AHUR and its grounds!!
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Arcmagus » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:53 pm

:woah: Woah!!! There was some blue shiny lady up at the Forge!! Like to scare the beejeeezus outta me and my forge dogs!! :woah:

Oh i see its a new Ringbearer!! I thought it was that Moon Maid again....

WELCOME ARDUINA!! Your name is being added to the scrolls here in Ringdom!!
Arcmagus
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arduina » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:33 am

Arduina stood beside the Entwife with her mouth hanging open in awe at the display of the spirit lights. She felt so small and so dazzled by it all.

Arduina, may I present you with:
The Star Ring of the Spirit Voice, "Suleoma"
May its soothing wisps of spiritual power, always lift your heart to the Heavens!

:shock: You now hold the 50th RING of the MOON / SUN / STAR ELEMENT!!

Her hands shaking, Arduina held up her small hands and accepted the ring. The stones sparkling as if the stars themselves had come down and laid in the entwined mithril scroll work. The star burst almost a blaze with its brilliance.

"Oh it is so much more then I envisioned!" Arduina stated as the lights danced within her eyes.

"Take care and wear it well, young one!" Enty told her.

"I shall, I promise!!"

Then another voice boomed out of the air. WELCOME ARDUINA!! Your name is being added to the scrolls here in Ringdom!!

Arduina about jumped out of her skin, then she smiled and held the ring to her heart. Thank you so much! Then tenderly she placed it upon her ring finger and admired how it shone.
Last edited by Arduina on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby Monoceros » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:35 pm

Arduina, welcome to the Guild! :D

Hope you'll enjoy your ring!

Oh, sorry for being away. Was really ill. What an awful beginning of new year! Still don't feel fully recovered. I try not to use my comp too often. Too addictive and harmful for me at the moment. :D

Hope you're all doing better than me. :)
Monoceros
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:31 pm

Well we've been quiet. Not at all the way we should greet our new Ringbearer. Welcome, Arduina. What a pleasure to see such a lovely lady as yourself.

*******Esteman RING ACTION**********
The shadows that swirl within the obsidian Ring on the white-blond Elf's hand, sparkles with a black brilliance. It forms swiftly from it's normal shape up into the actualised spirit of the Ring. A tall shadowy dark skinned being with hair black as midnight, and a circlet that looks like the Ring.

Esteman smiles at Arduina and kisses her knuckles before laying his hand over hers. A brief flickering flash shines through his fingers and, as he withdraws, a small polished obsidian gem lies there. Esteman's body grows hazy and fades from sight, leaving only the circlet he wore. This shrinks back to the size of a Ring and returns to Orion's hand
*********END Esteman RING ACTION*******

Smooth sails and happy trails,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Arduina » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:13 pm

Arduina was so thrilled to be welcomed so warmly.

A few other members of the guild step forward to greet and welcome Arduina.

Arduina bows to Monos and thanks them for being so kind.

Then a tall white blonde elf steps forward. His ring coming to life with the power it possesses. From it came a tall shadowy dark skinned figure. Looking regal and frightening he took her hand. Kissing it then placing his hand upon hers. As the light shines between her fingers, Arduina almost cries out with fear of what might be happening. But his hands move from her and leave her with an object so very special and rare to her. With tears in her eyes she looks up to watch the shadowy figure once more return to the misting form and absolve into the ring once more. Her mouth still hanging open as she looks down once more at the Obsidian stone left in her hand. She touches it with her small fingers and rubs its smooth surface. Then suddenly she looks up at Orion.

"Thank you kind sir! I do not know what to say. It is beautiful. I will treasure it always." Then her eyes return to the small stone now clasped tightly within her hand.

******Suleoma ring action******
A sparking glow comes suddenly from the ring upon Arduina's hand. Glowing as a swirl of the spirits of the stars and moon come dancing upon a mist. A whisper is heard by all within the room. "Sweet Peace be upon you all! Let no thought of tomorrow worry you, for all is well tonight." Their eyes watching as the swaying of the spirit dances around the swirling mist and then wrapped the dance around each of them there. The swirls of the mist kissing upon the skin of each who witnesses it. A feeling of relief and contentment left in its wake. A calming balm left upon each mind and soul there.

Then almost as suddenly, the mist swirls back to Arduina and dances back within the ring. The room returns to normal. But the air is now fragrant and sweet making all who are there to feel relaxed and renewed within.
******ring action ends******
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby EntwifeLost » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:57 pm

Oh what glorious ring writings!! Arduina and HR,,,,

Mono! There you are.. sometimes its hard to see you in the Dark.. lol I hope youll find some relaxing time to write a little at TORC. You write very wonderfully - Come back often newest MRH!!

" Ahhhhooooom, I feel like i just walked out from a day at the Spa!!" exclaimed Enty as she breathed in a renewed spirit in the AHUR's halls.

Õ ****** Õ erutaN's RING ACTION Õ ****** Õ

The aroma of such beauty from the Star Ring, lit up the soul of erutaN, the Earth ring of the Arbors. Such renewel it felt upon its barky heart, that it dripped dew from the face of its yellow topaz. The earth below the floors of the AHUR , soon burst out and then receeded forming a rectangle opening. A blanket of tree roots, started weaving themselves along the sides of the opening, covering the earth. The inside was now sealed with woven roots and one side of the root lining, held stones that gradually declined into the large opening. The Ring of the Arbors hummed, and the Entwife eyes closed with its hooming song. From the center of the newly formed hole, came warm spring water. The bath now filled with the clearest of therapeutic water from the Earth. The ring silenced and the waters trickling sound filled the AHUR. A creeking sound again began and the edges of the new Hot Bath, sprouted rose bushes. The entwife fingers outreached, as she called upon the Fimbrethil's magic to aid her spell.. "Harrrom , ever blooooom. To fade so slooooow... Harooom... And then again bloom!!!" The roses bloomed and then faded sprinkling the Hot Bath with Rose Petals. The spell the onodrimn woman put on the rose bushes would remain till the next Full Moon, and ever scent the Hot bath with roses of all colors. Steam began to rise from the waters edge, pure with the aroma of roses. The 30 foot long Bath would sure be a relief to those chilled by Winter's bitter slap.

Õ ****** Õ erutaN's RING ACTION Õ ****** Õ
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Abranak » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm

A small quiet voice is heard in the back of the room.

Um...may I request a ring of power too?

Arduina, Orion, Mono and The Entwife turned to look at the dark figure that stood there. Their surprise at seeing him there so still. Looking barely more then a child, frail and withdrawn, sad and alone.

I would like to get a dark ring if I might. The dark ring of whispered poetry! I will have to give it a name later cause I dont have one for it right now. But may I have one?
Abranak
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:58 pm

Certainly, Abranak. Please don't linger back in the shadows, join us up here.

Orion approaches the small figure and smiles gently before taking his hand and leading him back to the old forge chamber. The white-blond Elf looks at the forge and nods in satisfaction as the coals have never gone out. He puts a leather apron on and immediately thrusts a small length of metal into the forge. A few pumps on the bellows bring the glow to an almost white heat.

As the forge is pumped hotter, a faint buzzing sounds, as if there was a conversation that was happening on the edge of hearing. As the buzzing subsides, a pair of Rings on Orion's hand dim in their brilliance a little. Pulling the hot metal from the forge, he begins to swiftly hammer and twist it into a ring form. After a final heating, a set of detailed tools move swiftly and carve the perfect image of a feathered quill crossed beneath a scroll. The white blond Ring-smith leans close to the carven form and speaks faintly to it, a soft whisper to awaken the spirit inside. With the heating and carving completed, the Elf dunks the new Dark Ring into a deep bowl of cool clear water.

The Bowl is swiftly surrounds by a myriad of colors, sensations, and expressions incapable of being expressed beyond knowing that the Elements weave around the container. A small chest forms and lifts up from the table, floating to rest in the frail hands of Abranak.

Congratulations, my dear Abranak. You shall join these honorable Ring Bearers.

Anriel Mendereth- The Dark Ring of Dark Fire
Toval- The Dark Ring of Stealth
Erenduil- The Dark Ring of Shadows Gollogwath***retired
Deathstar- The Dark Ring of Avathar
mr_baggins111- The Dark Ring of Creation
Aurandir- The Dark Ring of Time
SmaugsBane- The Dark Ring of the Voice Mithcharach
JrrT- The Dark Ring of the Soul Fëaband
Aduial- The Dark Ring of Shadowed Twilight
ShadowWalker- The Dark Ring of the Shadowstone Daegond
ConquestLord- The Dark Ring of Doom Surogadane
skyfiery- The Dark Ring of Vengeance Daeacharn
Boromir209- The Dark Ring of Insomnia
Hidden_Ring- The Dark Ring of Blessed Peace Esteman
Monoceros- The Dark Ring of Night Creatures Durmir
CassieBaggins- The Dark Ring of Psyche Analil
Eltirwen- The Dark Ring of Determination Daekano
-|---Anduril- The Dark Ring of the Pentagram Nawech
^Aramir^- The Dark Ring of Solitude Sérëmorna
Navi- The Dark Ring of Emptiness
Eldfess- The Dark Ring of Frozen Souls
elf-maiden - The Dark Ring of Evanescence Isilormé
Sith~Happens1292 - Dark Ring of Shadow and Illusion

And now... Abranak - Dark Ring of Whispered Poetry

Bear it well, newest Ring Bearer. And visit back often.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Abranak » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:06 pm

Abranak watches in total amazement as Orion fires up the forge again.

The sparks flew as Orion hammered out the ring. the clanking of the hammer on the anvil and the ring slowly taking shape.

The hiss of the waters as the ring is dunked into the cooling water.

Orion finally holds up the ring, a dark ring but beautiful in its own way. He hands it to Abranak who places it upon his finger.

****Ring Action****
A humming starts and grows as a wisp of dark mist swirls out and around Abranak. His eyes wide with fear about what is happening. The mist starts to sing a slow sad melody to his heart. A rhythm that he recognizes instantly. For it is the song of his poetry. Sad but dark. the melody soothing in its own way so that Abranak relaxes and smiles. Here he is finding a friend who understands his heart as no other does. The song slowly fades as the mist swirls and draws back into the ring.
****Action Stops****

Looking up at Orion, Abranak takes his hand.

Thank you! I will watch over it and use it well to let the sorrow out and get on with my living.
Abranak
Petitioner to the Council

Postby EntwifeLost » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:08 pm

Arduina, Orion, Mono and The Entwife turned to look at the dark figure that stood there. Their surprise at seeing him there so still. Looking barely more then a child, frail and withdrawn, sad and alone.

The Entwife's felt such a chilling emotion from the dark child. She turned her head to the side and touched his forehead with her long twiggy finger. She hooomed lowly as Orion now approached Abranak and lead him to the forge.

Enty tipped her winding roots in the hot spring bath and hooomed as its warmth and steam comforted her bark. She noticed the newest Ringbearer beaming from his walk back from the Forge. His spirit was uplifted and now his eyes seemed to marvel at everything the light touched in the AHUR.

"A New Dark Ring! WELCOME Abranak! Hope youll enjoy your stay and of course the Ring of Whispered Poetry! Enjoy the AHUR , which is the large colisuem like dome here at the Rings Guild. The grounds and acreage goes on forever here, you may call it home if you like! Hoooom and Welcome to the Rings Guild Abranak! " Enty smiled and continued to be enchanted by the floating rose petals in the hot steam bath.
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby MoonLight~Dancer » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Vana was standing back and watching the goings on with Arduina and now with Abranak. A tear rolling down her cheek as she sees the pain in the sad child standing by the forge with Orion and Enty.

She cant help herself but smile as the child smiles when he realizes all is not lost and there is hope.

Welcome Abranak! Welcome Arduina!
MoonLight~Dancer
Citizen of Imladris

Postby EntwifeLost » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:12 pm

That last Dark Ring must of left an eery aura around here?!!

There is hope yet... for the Rings Guild wills it so!!

The melancholy Entwife pondered and enjoyed the setting sun from the Celestial Tower outside the AHUR...... " Steam Bath is gone now... One of those fleeting glimpses of the AHUR. Similar to a day dream, lasting only a brief moment, but impactful still! Power to the dreamer!....
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Vana walks over and puts her arms around the tall Entwife

I know that things are not as busy as they used to be but some of us are still here.

Welcome to all the new ring bearers!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby prmiller » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm

Donning the Air Ring of the Healing Word
****RING ACTION****

Becoming Silvered

Twenty-five years ago, as a young man,
I crossed a wide ocean to live in Japan.
Not one single word did I actually know,
and those that I did, I would swiftly let go.
I learned that a bed was called a futon
to rhyme with a phrase such as "sleeping on stone",
I slept on tatami, drank o-cha (that's tea)
ate rice and raw fish, but tofu? Ah, me.
While loved by a myriad Japanese throng,
my stomach declared that we didn't belong.
I learned to ride trains, to say, thank you and please,
and wrote in a journal with just Japanese.
I married and fathered three children, who see
the pleasures I have writing this poetry.
Then five pleasant years ago, TORC crossed my view,
the rest is all history, spent loving you!
Within this fine guild I was given a ring,
an honor I treasure, and thus here I bring,
my tribute to those, who have given me joy,
and trusted my wisdom this gift to employ.
Twenty-five years, and some things have not changed,
but I am still Parm, though a tad more deranged!

Your silver-annniversaried servant,
Parm :)

*** END RING ACTION***
Parm tucks his simple ring away into the folds of his cloak,
leaves another one of those amazing "wish trays" from Imladris,
swirls his cloak about him, and strides off to further adventures!
Last edited by prmiller on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:19 pm

My god, Parm. You never fail to amaze me with your skill in blending words and crafting rhyme. Even if your verses are just sometimes a touch silly, that MOST of what you write to us is in verse is impressive. This last one is truly ... just wow.

Not nearly so gifted, not nearly by half,
Much of my verse can breed a laugh.
As Parm and his Mrs came to be
Years started counting for lil' ole me.
Laughter, tears, trouble and strife
All I have known in my life

Oh bundle, I can't pull this off for long. There's a reason why I don't have a Ring that is linked to words and verse.

Smooth sails and happy trails
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Congratulations PARM on your nice new shiny shield!! :clap:

I know that my tries at poetry are nothing near the eloquence as yours are and I know that I could never pull it off but, I love the inspiration that you give to me to keep trying. :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu May 24, 2007 1:14 pm

*Sigil walks in and glances guiltily about*
*Raises his ring*

******RING ACTION******

BUMP!!

******END RING ACTION******

Heya Gang, I'm back from college. Just dropping in to see how the old place is. S'been slow lately it looks like. Sorry to see that, but I'm confident it will pick back up... hopefully.

Anyway, good to see you all. :D

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Good to see you back too Quim!! I hope we see more of you now that your classes are at least done for the summer. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Thu May 24, 2007 9:34 pm

A lot of us have been at fault for neglecting the old AHUR. But I've not had a lot of presence on the boards of late. And I think it's something I took the time to remedy.

It's late now (at least where I am), so I'll write a better returning post later. Possibly it will even contain a double Ring Action.

Smooth sails and happy trails,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri May 25, 2007 11:17 am

Right! *grabs a broom and ties a bandanna around his forehead* let is get to work! Time to dust out the corners and mend the roof! Whose ordering the pizza for lunch? Whose making the coffee run?

Anyway, good to see you Hidden Ring. :) hope its going well.

Vanaladiel, I'll be around for the summer again, but in the fall I am heading off to school again. I changed my major from biology to English so I have, probably, an extra years to play catchup on some courses. :P oh well

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby wind_walker » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:08 pm

The winds are cruel when they are not given the respect deserved.

It was high on a mountain that this was discovered by one dwarf searching for himself in the greatness of the world. With a book of trade lying open at the mouth of the cave, he carefully weaved his axe through the air while desperately trying to maintain his footing on the mountain face. At this elevation, ice and snow filled the cracks between the rocks, making his task all the more difficult. The wind seemed to steal away the thin wisps of air at this height, so he decided to take a break.
Walking back to the cave, well a recess in the mountain face, he took a visual inventory. His trade book, one the dwarves always kept to themselves, lay open on a stack consisting of a thick journal, box of inks and writing rods, as well as an ancient book of metal crafts. A nearly empty bag of foodstuffs, a simple cooking pan, and a few more cooking supplies filled a bag next to the books. The cloth blocking the wind from the tent had been wrapped around all of that during the ascent, and it soon would serve as travel bag again.
Calling it empty is an understatement, he thought; there was not even enough food for the night. If he did not leave now, he would pass in the night and that would be the last of the dwarf.

It had been then that he decided it was too long without the company of friends. He stared out from between the trees and caught sight of an elf. A dark aura surrounded him, and Wind Walker knew Orion was in communion with Esteman as he walked the perimeter of the building. He may not even recognize me, and if times are this tough that a guard is needed...I will have to be cautious and humble. In reality, it wasn’t a guard at all, but Wind Walker did not know that. Before he could plot out the next few steps, another memory surged to the forefront of his mind. This one even further back, before he cast himself to isolation among the rocks. He had been, what would be a good word for it, fuller back then. It was not that times were better when he has first set off on his own, but that times weren’t as lonely.

They had no true plan or direction, just an urge to keep traveling. Windy would have chalked to up to being blown about by the wind, but his partner would have none of that talk. I am THE Air Ring of Pathless Travel. I do not succumb to the whims of even the four immortal winds. Right, right; Windy would think when he heard the speech in his head. He learned that he could quiet the Ring’s irritation by threatening to toss him to the sea. There were no winds in its depths.
It was that night that Windy was overlooking the sea. He had traveled so far that his knees felt a little weak. He was not ready for three thieves, least of all, one who know of Zephiron. Windy had been looking at the descent from the cliff, surely there was a cave beneath him. It would be an abnormal thing for a dwarf to take refuge on a beach, but you could hardly call Windy normal.
It came from behind, it had to be magic. Windy was unconscious as he fell. He awoke to find he had no possessions, just his undergarments. He was on the beach, and the sun was high. He looked away from the sea, he needed shade and water soon. Then he had to return to town to earn some things to continue traveling. He reached to twirl the Ring on his finger…

Wind Walker was still bitter about that event. It had been a nightmare trying to get along by him self. As he earned just enough supplies to travel, WW had made his way quietly to the Lonely Mountain. Collecting the few books and tools he now carried from there, he traveled back toward the dry mountains surrounding Mordor. What had driven him there even he did no know, but now he had been driven the trees at the side of the AHUR.
He knew that without his Ring, he may not be welcome here any longer, but it was one of the only places he could seek solace in his condition. Leaving the cover of the trees; he took slow, diligent steps toward the front door. He must be humble, seek forgiveness first. And he must not forget that Esteman may hold a key to making things right.

Knock, knock, he rapt on the door…

-WW
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:41 pm

The wind raced along and up the mountain side, ruffling the unbound and flowing white blond hair of an Elf sitting in a tree. Well, 'sitting' was true in the sense that Orion's weight was supported by the tree. It would be more accurate to say he hung from a thick branch as a cohesive shade balanced on a close-by branch. The storm gales that blew barely touched the dangling Elf, likely because of a quirk of the shade that sat near by.

It was a man-like shape, yet it was no Man, Elf, Dwarf or other child of the flesh. It was elemental magic given sentience and thus pulled a shaped of the enchanting's own desire. But the quirk was not the black appearance of the flesh but rather the coloring of part of it's right hand. Instead of the coal-black shade that is most of the Ring's exposed body, three fingers had a much lighter tint. In particular, a deep sky blue like the blue of a summer sky.

Their voices could be heard clearly, despite the howl of the winds.
Esteman, you should know as well as I do that the weather can do unusual things. Particularly coming off the mountain passes.

Don't lie, my Bearer, even to yourself. You yourself know that someone approaches. Our slumbering cousin is rousing himself and is eager to...

WindWalker is gone! He departed from our company and has chosen not to return. Else he would have come back here long ago.

A new voice joins the pair-turned-trio, a voice born of song and the joy of creation. ~IF you believed that, then why have you never claimed Zephiron for your own?~

As if I need a third like you... I appreciate all that you may do in aiding me. Truly I do. But Zephiron has bound himself to Windy, and I would not interrupt that binding. As if to make his own point, the Ring that rode upon wind calmed the mountain gales for a moment then gave a strong breeze that pushed the Elf nearly off his limb. The other Rings started quietly snickering. Zeph means to tell you that you could not disrupt what he held with Windy. The union between Bearer and Ring is strong, stronger even than you may comprehend. But you, and us, are needed in the Hall. ~And you have been in solitude quite long enough. Time to be social again.~

********Esteman RING ACTION**********
The black figure jumped from his branch and then expanded, losing definitive form until it covered the elf, then the shadows grew lighter until they were barely a fog which was carried away and scattered to the gale still blowing.

Inside the the old forging room, shadows flowed and slithered along. They concentrated and converged until a body shape stood in the room. Then they receded again, leaving Orion standing inside the Hall of Rings ancient forge.

******END Esteman RING ACTION*******

Why do you always bring me to here? Are you trying to hint at something? Not at all. I don't choose the location. You do. ~Esteman is right. THIS place is where you feel the greatest connection to both of us, for it is here that some of your great work for the Guild has been wrought.~

Mulling upon that, the white blond figure exits the room, promising that he will awaken the forge again and soon. Letting his feet tread the long familiar passages, he is idly aware of a heavy knocking upon the front doors. The AHUR's golem opens the gates as Orion enters the room in time to see a familiar face standing upon the threshold. The face of a travel worn and much ruffled Dwarf. Windy!!
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Gloamglozer » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Middle Earth is at war, a war which has been building for the last age. The armies are readied and the battlefields guessed. It can only be hoped that the idiot Sauron is gotten rid of this time. I mean, that eye annoys me everytime I have to speak to him.

Gloam laughed quite raucously at that particular part. He was reading one of his diaries from the beginning of the climax of the War of the Ring. Having witnessed everything preceeding the war, he had seen that it was better, even as the pure evil that he was then, that Sauron lose. A decision based on politics but a good choice at least.

Sighing. He put the book back into the saddle bag of the horse he was riding. A horse of grey coat and wings, for this was a flying horse brought from the depths of Koftubel.
Reminiscing is both a fantastic an a terrible exercise and it was thinking about his view on the world at that time and he regretted it. Seeing things through politics and darkness all of the time was no good. It was only in his much lighter, newer self that he could see that.

"At least I can see that now." he said as the horse began to descend. Taking a closer look, you could see that the horse actually had a hint of other creatures in it. A griffin, a slight tinge of dragon in the snout, a fell beast in the wings, just ever so slightly. This came about because his ring was still a ring of Evil Flying Creatures. The spectrum of those creatures had been given a pretty wide area recently ever since the spirit of his ring had been liberated and reconciled. It dealt with flying creatures, certainly, but it was creative in teh ways in which they were evil. Afterall what is evil to one person may not be to someone else.

Landing softly on the ground just outside of the AHUR, the hrse whinied. The whinie, however, caused a small stream of flame to come out of it's nostrils. Patting it and soothing it, Gloam spoke quietly to the horse. It neighed and followed him into the AHUR as he entered.
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth