ÔThe Rings of the Elements Guild Ô *~"Revisit the Rings"~*

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:46 pm

The morning breeze strengthened suddenly causing the pages of the book on Sigal’s chest to wrinkle and flutter. With a grunt and a start Sigal’s eyes snapped open and he started wildly about himself. He had been dreaming… well, nightmareing actually. He was used to them by now and they no longer bothered him as they once had. Sigal had been reclining against a tree in main sweeping lawn of AHUR, but now he stood and stretched. His muscles were tense from what he had been dreaming, but according to practice he had already forgotten what his nightmare had been about.

One day I will…

“Be silent,” Sigal commanded quietly, yet firmly.

He felt the swell of hatred toward him build up within himself, but he ignored it and suppressed it. The feeling resisted him for a moment and Sigal brought the wait of his will against it and crushed it back into the tiny pocket of separate consciousness that resided in the remote regions of his mind.

There had been a Time when he had lost his body to Casus, and now that he had regained possession he brooked no rebellion from the powerful chaos spirit of his ring. In the recent years since that horrible nightmare he had ceased being afraid of his ring. He still wore it as a burden and a curse, but he was now the undisputed master and brooked no complaint from his slave.

Something was happening at the main gate. The golem was pulling the heavy gates open to admit someone from the outside. Sigal quickly ran through a mental list of everyone who had left and whether any of them were likely to be returning about now. Orion was out there somewhere, but seldom did he use the front gate.

He picked up his book and started walking in the direction of the gate. A bright color on the edge of his vision drew his eyes and he saw Orion walking out of the forge room. So he had returned by other methods.

The gate was open and the person outside stepped across the threshold. Sigal’s heart leapt and Orion put the name to the old face that had been missing for so long. “Windy!”

Sigal jogged across the lawn towards the stalky weather beaten traveler.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby wind_walker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:21 pm

He took one knee before those whom greeted him. Their status as Ring holders put them far above him. Although they were once his peers, and they may still think they are, he has been lowered beneath them. As he heard their greeting pause, he took the moment to deliver his slightly rehearsed speech. "I am sorry brothers, but I am no longer one like you. I am here to seek your forgiveness and your charity to work as an assistant in the forge." He looked up into three stunned faces.

Orion composed himself first, "Up and come in," he said. An undertone of emotion ran in his words, but it could not be identified. He led the dwarf into the main hall and directed him to one of the old la-z-boy recliners. Gloam and Sigal followed, exchanging looks at the dwarf's puzzling request.
"WindWalker," Sigal began what may have turned into a protest.
Gloam cut him short, "an explanation will do for a start." If the dwarf wanted to present himself as a servant, Gloam knew how to handle him. However, his sharp tongue earned him a sharp look from Orion.

Before the elf could protest, WindWalker offered his story in explanation. He told of the ambush and the loss of his Ring. He quickly glazed over nearly killing himself in the mountains attempting to some to terms with the loss. He concluded with his request to serve as he was no longer worthy of position among them. "May I remain?"

Orion exchanged glances with Gloam and Sigal, "Windy, you are my friend, and there is something you need to see..."
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenChild1292 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:35 pm

I fare all well as I rejoin you for a few fleeting moments. I have grave news bearing my ring. Few of you know that I am also known as Sith~Happens1292. As you can see, 'Sith' is no more, and Sith's ring - my ring - will need to be placed in another's hands for safe keeping and use.

A friend of mine, Amethyst Jade, has recently joined TORC, but has been RPing for quite a while. I cannot, hereafter, get back onto TORC, for RL has gotten me tied and I cannot continue to RP. Therefore, I hereby pass my ring to Amethyst Jade. Please allow her to accept this gift as gratitude for our long friendship.

Farewell all,
Namarie!
ElvenChild1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Amethyst Jade » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:37 pm

Jade stood still as EC handed her the Dark Ring of Shadow and Illusion. A sudden weight fell upon her, not only in her hand, but in her heart, as if immense sorrow and death had been brought upon her. She gazed around her to find nothing except the secluded room in which they were. In the same instant, she felt warmth, comfort, and joy, as if her soul knew exaclty what she must do. In the spot where Illellowayth had once stood was nothing more than a light mist, fading quickly into the oncoming sun.

A cool feminine voice sounded her mind. Use it well, old friend. We shall meet again.

The shadow around her ceased, the sun rose, and she was once again surrounded by people, though they seemed to take no notice. 'Fortunately, I've heard of this, and I know what to do with it. Sort of.' Although EC had told her somewhat of the gold band that now encompassed her finger, she had up and left in an instant, failing to explain fully the power it contained and how to use it.

The power began to flow through her blood, and she could feel the seductive shadow grow within her. However, EC had told her the one secret to overpowering the darkness: love. Jade had once loved, but that time had gone and passed, and never returned, so she had to give it up. Otherwise, it would have sucked her in too far to ever go back.

Now she gazed at the ring, wondering at it's beauty. It was a deep crimson, yet a black deeper than hate. Somehow, she felt the colors swirling inside her as if they were battling to finally overcome the other.

The two, she had deduced, were reality and fantasy. Her mind was immediately flooded with figures, screaming in deep agony in the distance. Nearby, however, she could see the people around her, their faces mere shadows. Flames engulfed everything as she struggled to regain control. Finally, after removing the ring, she found herself leaning heavily upon the wall, sweating profusely. She strode quickly to the exit to get some fresh air.

'Maybe that will do some good,' she thought, 'As well as this.' She slid the ring onto a thin weave of reed and lilies, forming a chain-like material to hold the ring for the time being.
Last edited by Amethyst Jade on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amethyst Jade
Shield Bearer

Location: Here, there, and everywhere. Quite surely nowhere...

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:59 am

Windy, you are my friend, and there is something you need to see. And understand. The Rings we bear are faithful. More so, it might seem, than a particular Dwarf may be. A sound of a rushing breeze begins to grow within the Hall of Rings. The fire spits sparks in response to the atmospheric disturbance. A small lump under the tall Elf's tunic starts to move with a little of it's own, as though something greatly agitated what lay beneath. At the same time, a deeper voice speaks from the snowflake obsidian ring on Orion's right hand.

You poor deluded Dwarf. You have even less to fear coming here than Gimli the Elf-Friend might have had in Lothlorien. Truly, you are welcome here.

A voice, with the whistling whispering quality of a soft breeze and the strength of a hurricane's roar, sounds from with the hand clutching at the agitated lump.
~Windy, you've finally made your way home. I've been waiting here.~

"That voice??! But how... it was lost..." That is why I said the Rings are more faithful than you seem to understand.

*******Zephiron RING ACTION*********

There is a burst of sound, like the brief rush of wind. Orion's clasping hand leaves and, from under the concealing tunic, rises what can be named as a pocket maelstrom. Before anyone can take three breaths, every person's hair looks as wind-swept as Windy's usually does. The wind whips harder than ever, extinguishing the fire but no harm comes at all from the growing windstorm. In a brief flash, a man-like shape appears at the center of the vortex. Then the winds fade to nearly nothing and sink into a ring of metal that floats in front of the Dwarf, waiting to be reclaimed.

******END Zephiron RING ACTION******
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Nevez » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:04 am

Hello ringbearers, i was just passing through and thought i'd have a look in here, and after reading some of your posts i decided i like it in here it seems a great guild to join and i'd like to be a ringbearer if possible? I would like my ring to be the Chaos ring of Brutal force, i may only be an innkeeper but i need an extremely powerful ring on my travels and adventures.

Can't wait to hear from you, nevez
Nevez
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:20 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo Nevez that sounds like a great ring of power!!! I hope that you can get it!!

I was just passing through myself and seeing who all is getting wonderful and imaginative rings these days. It amazes me all the different rings that people come up with. :D
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby wind_walker » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:43 pm

He bowed before the elf and the guests. Extending his hand hesitantly, he reached for the Ring.

Not so hesitant, not so simple...

The voice almost lost for what felt like an age echoed in his mind. "W-what do you mean?" the dwarf asked, startled. His eyes darted to the new comer who had just made a request.

You have crafted with Rings, you know what you must do...

"Right," Windy said a little shaken, but confident now. He knew the power of the Air Ring better than any. He knew it better than even he dared to imagine. He had to take the ring...

***Air Ring of Pathless Travel Ring Action***
The Ring's deep blue lines began to glow, growing brighter with each moment.

"I am Wind Walker, son of the Mountain and Master of metal!"

The blue glow seemed to explode in a rush of wind leaving a tall, shimmering blue figure in its place. His hair fluttered as if in an endless breeze and he was adorned with a crown that was a mirror of the Ring. "I am Zephiron, the Air Ring of Pathless Travels!"

United, the voice of the dwarf and the spirit call out, "an age has separated us in physical form, but we stand united now and forever!"

"Alright Zeph, let's do it," the dwarf called.

A blast of air blew a hole in the roof. Then all was still for a moment. A glint shown in the hole and a moment later, a small object made an impact in the stone floor.

"It is ready," Zephiron said and in a gust, his ring laid beside the object on the ground where he had just stood.

***End Ring Action***

Windy bent down, "it is as I expected," he commented to no one in particular. He picked up both objects and slipped his Ring onto a cord and around his neck. The Ring almost seemed to be pleased to be on the dwarf again. Approaching the elf, "I owe you much my friend, but I think the honor in this time has been assigned to me."

He turned and stepped up to Nevez, "Some Rings are wrought from love, some from malice, and some from faith. Chaos is a crucial element for us to respect. Brutal Force is a power that I feel you can yield well. I have had the pleasure to travel with my Ring, and it seemed to grow with me. I wish you the same fortune someday. Thus, I announce you Ringbearer Nevez, bearer of the Chaos Ring of Brutal Force! Wield your power wisely."

The applause broke out and Windy smiled and stepped back. He was curious to hear the new Ringbearer's description of the Ring and to see its first Ring Action, if Nevez would oblige. Windy also stole a glance at Orion and looked for other Masters, technically they were supposed to be the ones handing out Rings, not he.

-WW
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby EntwifeLost » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 pm

A CHAOS RING, brings torrents of force thru the Elements. The forge send word of such a creation!!

WELCOME NEVEZ and Congratulations on the very well-presented "Chaos Ring of Brutal Force"

Wield it well child, and with care and forethought! The MasterRingHolders, present you with a powerful Ring! Please sit a while under the Tree of Sanctuary and speak with us!

THE AHUR gleams and dusty orange color against a Fall sunset, mauve and deep blue, crimson in its highlight.

The Entwife sees only from the stone of erutaN. The powerful Earth Ring guides her here, to pay tribute and homage to the Guild House, and to check again on the faded Roses of the Garden....

Good Evening and Good Tidings to all Ringbearers.
It does an Entwife heart good to see the care of the Guild, so tenderly given by the MRH's and Ringbearers of times and ages past!!

IVE MISSED HERE!!! MY MUSE WAS LEFT HERE ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO! Anyone seen in lying under a tree or log anywhere??
:D :D
:TORC:
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby wind_walker » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:20 pm

EntwifeLost wrote:WELCOME NEVEZ and Congratulations on the very well-presented "Chaos Ring of Brutal Force"

:oops:
Enty, I couldn't very well let our guest go without a healthy welcome and the gift of a well requested Ring.

-WW
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby eilona » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Myohmy! How long have I had my ring and it still doesn't have a name....
Such a lazy sot.
:nono:

I had best start thinking hard...

Welcome Nevez..
eilona
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 am

*sneaks in*

Heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllloooooooooooooooo

Im bacccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk
Did anyone miss me???

Better yet.... does anyone still remember me???
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:03 pm

A white-blond figure slips in behind Elena, a quiet air about him I dare say there is at least one. But now this begs the question, is there any that remember me?

Smooth sails and happy trails,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 pm

:hihi: I do I do!!!

I am glad to see you back my brother!!! I've missed you hon!! I wondered where you had run off too. Been busy with work??
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:29 am

Uh huh... work and life in general... amazing how it just takes over everything, isn't it?

But Now I am back... and this time... to stay... I have missed this place sooooo much!!

LadyG
~Dreamweaver of the Rings (am I still?)
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:37 am

Some has been work. and the last few days it has been that the nets wouldn't connect.

Hmm this place is looking a bit spare as far as the holidays go. Curulinde, if you would please... ~My pleasure, Orion.~

*****Curulinde and Esteman RING ACTION*******
The sound of steel pan drums begins to dimly sound around the main hall and a flash of light leaps from Orion's right hand, swiftly forming into a tall, man-like figure with and flowing white hair and a band of antiqued silver around his forehead with a trio of gleaming cabochons of rainbow moonstone and turquoise. As the figure emerges and takes a more defined form, robes of deep green trimmed in white fur appear.

As the Ring figure moves about the room, the song grows in intensity to a familiar four note beat that is the Carol of the Bells. With each gesture or footfall, garlands of holly, bright with berries, poinsettias with green foliage and red blooms, or sprigs of mistletoe with white berries all appear on the walls or on tables. Some even materialises as crowns around Ringbearers heads as crowns of leaves.

The shadows flicker and shrink as a presence darker than themselves commands their recessional, told to hide in corners or behind doors until the Festival of Light is long over and the Sun is making it's return. As the shadows diminish, candles, wall sconces and fireplaces flare with ignition to maintain the brightness. No visible Ring presence is seen, only a satisfied feeling from the snowy obsidian Ring borne by Orion.

As the last garlands, springs and other decorations take their place, the green robed figure fades into the crown he wears. Even the crown shrinks and falls in upon itself until it is only it's proper size, whereupon it settles back on Orion's hand.

*****END RING ACTION********

Now you could hardly expect me to remain quiescent for this, could you, o Bearer mine? I hate it when you use that kind of logic, Esteman, you know that. A kind of satisfied snicker is all that answers the Elf.

OrionHR
"First we dig 'em, then we die in 'em."
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby EntwifeLost » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:36 am

LOOK IT LOOK IT

The Rings of power, of elemental Force, beckon me again.

LADY G!!! OH MY GIRL.... so great to see you back. What the heck have you been up to.

VANA, EILONA, WINDY!!! I smile just to see the familiar names. Getting all dreamy on yall arent I?

HR - I pleasantly bow to you brother. For your care-keep of the Rings is worthy of some sort of Award or trophy. Miss you and here is a stick!! ITs a magic stick, so use it wisely. Its more powerful in Fangorn, but itll do some nice tricks here in the AHUR!!1

ENTY HUGS - and time to go visit the Bards before i stalk the Rings Guild for a few days!!
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:43 pm

Ok... someone (namely my sister Enty) needs to stop hitting the candy canes so hard. You've got WAY too much of a sugar buzz. Besides, you're leafy, you can MAKE your own sugar. Small semi-coherent mutterings about hiding the hot chocolate and fudge can be heard without full meaning from the Elf as he starts to walk back to the kitchens.

OrionHR
"First we dig 'em, then we die in 'em." -combat engineers' motto
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:34 pm

:roflmbo: I can't help myself!!

HR you are so funny! Thank you for the wonderful decorations around here. I love the holidays and welcome the cheery visuals. :D :hug: I love you, my brother!!

Enty have you been hitting the ent draught again? :D I am glad you are back sweetie!! We sure miss you when you are not here. :hug:

LadyG It is greata to see you here again. I am sorry that RL can get so hectic that it keeps us away. Its a nice respite to come home and find the friendly faces we have come to love as close as family here. :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby wind_walker » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:15 pm

At this midnight darkening hour
We do welcome with cheers and flowers
The race toward the coming dawn
To be greeted by snow on the lawn
Ever watchful to the next night
And the jolly old Saint's flight
Get some rest my little dears
As I wish you Happy Holiday cheers

-WW
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby wind_walker » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:31 pm

At this midnight darkening hour
We do welcome with cheers and flowers
The race toward the coming dawn
To be greeted by snow on the lawn
Ever watchful to the next night
And the jolly old Saint's flight
Get some rest my little dears
As I wish you Happy Holiday cheers

-WW
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

I do believe

Postby evenstar1 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:40 pm

That I was once a part of this guild. Its been a while since I have been back to this messageboard. I do know I have been very busy on Tolkien Online and elsewhere that I had to be offline a while. Too long. Merry Christmas.
evenstar1
Ranger of the North

Re: I do believe

Postby Ulugz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:08 pm

evenstar1 wrote:I do believe that I was once a part of this guild. Its been a while since I have been back to this messageboard. I do know I have been very busy on Tolkien Online and elsewhere that I had to be offline a while. Too long. Merry Christmas.

As was I.... :blush: It seems an age that I've been absent from these halls. Welcome back Evenstar1 from another wanderer in distant places. And greetings to all my fellow ring bearers, forgive me while I lurk in a dark corner for a bit and refresh myself (and my memory ) here.
Ulugz
Rider of the Mark

Postby erinhue » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Seems we are all singing the same song here. It has been some time indeed but I was a member of this guild. My ring is an Air ring I believe Mythweaver, Air Ring of the Wordsmith. Im gonna take a look around the place right now but I'll be backsoonre rather than later :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby erinhue » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Oh cool I checked in the first post and I did remember it right. Mythweaver is an Air ring, Air Ring of the Wordsmith. Suits me don't ya think? :lol:

***************RING ACTION*******
The grey chip from the legendary Blarney Stone set in the Mithril silver of Erinhue's ring, Mythweaver, began to glow when the bard held it aloft. In a butter smooth baritone, Erinhue began to sing. The nostalgia and joy in renewed comraderie the beamed in the bard's soul spread out on the glow of the Ring and in the power of his song and filled the spirits of all who stood near enough to hear him. Full of the spirit of the fading season all the wanderers, the wayward sons and daughters, all the prodigal now returning sang out "Should old acquaintence be forgot and never brought to mind...... :whistle:
**************END RING ACTION*****************

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:17 am

Oh it is great to see so many returning after a long hiatis!!

Lovely ring action there Master Hue!! Very nostalgic indeed but also very appropriate for this time of year!!

Ah another new year!! What shall it bring?? Maybe great joy or maybe great trial. Either way we can all face it together!!

May the rings of power keep your souls safe and guard your families from the demons of life who try to set us back. :drink: Here's to a great year!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:43 am

:drink: I'll drink ta that 8)

erinhue

Postby EntwifeLost » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:54 am

:hug: Weilder of the Blarney chip!! Great to see you Long Haul Brother... the road has risen to meet us thus far!
Welcome indeed, and your acquaintance shall not be forgotten here!! You can take the ringbearer, out the the guild for a while, but you can never take the guild out of the ringbearer!! The song was lovely and yes i shall vote... i must be hasty this late night prowl!

:yippie: Happiest of all belated goings-on TO ALL LOL

The AHUR's business wont escape the grasp of a renewed Earth Ring. My Ring and I shall return for more forging, forraging and furlonging... :lmbo:
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby wind_walker » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:56 pm

I have been busy unpacking lately and I have taken to posting my poetry online.

I will post more later.

-WW
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby Andalion » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:51 am

Well, hello all. I've been perusing this thread for a few days and have found it much to my liking; some interesting things going on here! So I was hoping, with much enthusiasm, if I might join in on the fun with the Life Ring of the Lost?
Last edited by Andalion on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth