ÔThe Rings of the Elements Guild Ô *~"Revisit the Rings"~*

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Heh, well I just thought I would swing by one last time to see what was up, and low and behold, much is up recently.

Unfortunately I am just about to leave for College (yet again) and wont be around for a few months. So just saying hi and see you later! :P

Lady_G, good to see you, let me offer my own very late welcome back!
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby wind_walker » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:33 am

Hmm, the Life Ring of the Lost? That actually sounds like it could be a linked of The Death Ring of Lost Souls. Anyway, I am sure that a Master Ring Holder will be around soon to present your ring, but in the meantime we have a lovely selection of lazy-boys.

-WW
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby Istariquendi » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 pm

A shadow flitted across the floor of the AHUR, wavering as it moved like a dark tendril of smoke. It slid across its sinuous course, making its way slowly across the room. From time to time it paused, as if to take in the sights around it, yet continued its lazy path through until it rested by the opposite wall. For a moment it seemed to pace back and forth until slowly it began to rise like a paint-stroke on the wall. It drew a faint form seeming like a man walking toward you. The edges looked fuzzy and seemed to vibrate in the light, and then the shadow moved, walking as if a man had stood in its way from the sun. A shift and the man stood in front of his shadow, gazing around at a place he had not seen for a long time.

The halls were dimmer than he remembered, and empty.

"Well, this certainly won't do."

****MASTER RING ACTION****

Istari raised his right hand which bore Ouroboros. The tiny serpent coiled around his ring, it's scales glowing a warm gold that soaked the walls, and filled the room from floor to ceiling. Along the top of the walls vines sprouted, their buds blossoming into orchids azure blue and creamy white. They hung like living garlands, the flowers filling the musty halls with a sweet scent. And yet the gold light faded and the beauty of the flowers dulled against the shadows.

Then Istari raised his left hand which bore Faernys and it was a silver flame,. The light grew brighter, fueled by the jewel at its heart and its rays pierced into the very walls and floors and ceilings so that when the fire in his hand waned, the light waxed as if it were within the stones. Each brick and each tile glowed faintly,and tiny points of light floated in the ceiling, banishing the darkness. All at once a smell of the sea, crisp and clean filled your nose, blending with the sweet orchids. And you swore if you held your breath that you could almost hear the sounds of waves crashing upon white sands.

****END MASTER RING ACTION****

Istari breathed in deep and smiled. He could wait here a while for the Ringbearers to return.

Well, it's been a while but if I'm still allowed (and you're still interested, I realize sadly how long it's been since the last post) I would like to present your Ring to you Andalion.

Oh and, hi, how is everyone?
Istariquendi
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:03 pm

Istari! :shock:

Well, maybe shocked isn't the right expression. After all, I'd need to be shocked at my own presence here. :P

It's good to see you though, really. Your efforts kept this thing going even when others have sort of fallen off the face of the earth. ;)

I don't think you'll have any trouble being welcomed back. :D

I'm out the door to work right now, but perhaps I'll bring out Zeniphyr soon and see what she can still do. :)
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:29 am

Humming could be heard coming through the french doors leading in from the garden behind the guild house. A song of joy and celebration or so it seemed. The sunset peeking in sent a breeze before it that mixed with the scents of the Sea and orchids. Then a gentle hand touched the knob of the door and it swung open.

There standing in the doorway was a slender form. An elfess with blonde hair hanging in ringlets about her shoulders and down to her tiny waist. A dress of lavender, soft as the evening sky draped her form. She was preoccupied it seemed with something going on in the garden.

"Now you hop along and go find your friends. I can not play all night. Now go and see to your little ones." Vana turned and started into the room.

"Istari?" Vana quaried. He smiled at the young woman and she smiled broadly in return, then came across the room and gave the young man a hug.

"It is great to see you here again!! Where have you been?" She suddenly scolded with a mock frown.
Last edited by Vanaladiel on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Istariquendi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:01 pm

"You should not ask a wizard where he has been. He might very well tell you."

Istari smiled and looked at the young elfess across from him, his hands upon her shoulders. He took in a deep breath and sighed. It was good to finally be inside familiar walls again. In fact, it was good to find a place with walls at all. It had been so long...

Also, Hullo Evenstar. It's good to see some familiar faces. What have you people been up to in my absence?
Istariquendi
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:58 am

The young Elfess blushed at the jovial reprimand from the wizard. She smiled though cause his kindness was very evident in his words and his touch.

"I am very glad you are back sir!" She added with a smile.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Istariquendi » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Yes, yes. Indeed I am back. But seemingly I've returned to an empty house!
Istariquendi
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Well as you can see by my sig I was a little busy this last month getting married to Guruthostirn. We are back from our honeymoon but now I am in the midst of the store where I work, closing and going out of business. I am sorry that I can not keep up at this time with this thread. I am a little distracted with finding a new job and settling into married life. :D Neither is necessarily a bad thing in any way.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

RINGBEARER REUNION

Postby EntwifeLost » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:29 pm

THE AHUR!! THE FORGE, THE GARDENS AND THE HALL OF ROOMS!

"My Elemental Rings sure could use a shine....."
said Enty as she dusted her ole Nook out and took a long glimpse toward the Hill at the AHUR - Alcarin Hall i Urieb Ringorn.
The Circles still visible and the tall columns filled with overgrown vine and birds nests.... She pondered who had visited the lonely hall!
" Aiy a note from the other MasterRingHolders" - She untied a scroll and read thru the last visitors log. A new Ringbearer.. one Andalion, who ironically chose. Life Ring of the Lost

She heard a scurrying creature near the forest opening, and could feel the steps of something approaching.....

"Hmmmpf.. she whispered as she turned back to her work.

"Well, its time to brew ANEW the Rings Guild Hall... Its a magical place and full of well written Ring Actions over many years!!"

Her rings were pulsing, leading her to find again the place created by the Mighty and Strong Ringbearers of the Elements Guild. Then she raised a large barrell of water and one of cleaning solvents and carried them up the hill to the gates opening.
"Well at some point i suppose we can announce that the AHUR is having a Re-Opening Celebration. But for now... it needs some Ent Elbow grease!!"
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Curunír Erudil » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:58 am

(This post was left blank)
Last edited by Curunír Erudil on Sun May 16, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curunír Erudil
Petitioner to the Council

Postby erinhue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Just thought I would stop in to see what's up in here. I had almost forgotten that I am a RingBearer. I suppose that Mythweaver, Air Ring of the Wordsmith could stand a bit of a polish, it's been a long time since the last time I was here but I won't make it quite so long until the next time.
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:01 am

*Sneaks in again after what seems forever*

Hellooooooooooooooooooo fellow Ringbearers! I hope no one minded me being away so long.....

ok ok ok... I admit that life has taken over and there are many things distracting me at the moment.. including a new job... but that is no excuse for neglecting my beloved TORC and the Guilds I am a part of... soooooooooooooo from now on I shall do my level to be more *present*

Blessings of the day to you all!

LadyG
~Dreamweaver of the rings
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Just wanted to see this rise to the top again. I was about to use my ring in an RP and the old ******RING ACTION****** came to mind. Ah the good old days. Any other ringbearers out there stop in and leave yer mark. I'll be lurking :wink:

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:10 am

I am still around!! :D Never fear for I am always near!! Okay so that was really stupid and dumb sounding, but it was sort of funny.

No I am not Underdog!!! Cause he always said "There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!"
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:20 pm

Arf! Arf! :twisted:

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:54 pm

:roflmbo: Are you saying that you are a dog darlin?? ;) I would never believe it!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Guruthostirn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:54 pm

No, that's my line...I'm the Queen's Lapdog, after all.

"Have no fear, The Lapdog is here!"
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:54 pm

Shoo dog shoo!!! :P :roflmbo:

You know I am kidding hon!!! I love having you here with us these days. You have been gone far too long from the boards!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Yeah, there's someone else that hasn't been around for a while.

Yes, I have returned. I will try to be around a bit more often, although I dare to say that not much has happened of late. I feel kinda bad for having left the boards entirely. It was memories of this place that called me back to these old halls, and so I hope to be around more often.

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 pm

That ya left is of no consequence. It's that you have returned that is all important. Welcome home Bro. Darn good ta see ya. :lol:

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 am

I could not agree more...... it is NOT that you have been gone but that you HAVE RETURNED!!! :yippie:

I am so glad that you have found your way home HR!! My sweet brother of the boards you have been thought of often and missed dearly!!

So how goes your job dear one?? :D :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:03 am

I have much to answer in that simple question.

It is now nigh upon a year since the job I was at decided to can me in a most informal and cavalier manner. I feel it is perhaps just as well, since they were none too scrupulous in details of billing and more than a touch casual when it came to preventive care. I spent several months either temping with the old service I had before the so-called "permajob" or assisting in a hydraulic repair shop.

Then in Feb., I started classes again for becoming an EMT. Classes went moderately well. Then the practical test came, 90% fail rate. As has been discussed by friends and classmates, something stinks. Remedial classes are scheduled... right during the middle of 4-H camp. Couldn't take THIS week when I'm not doing anything...

But life continues. Ren faires to attend in Stirling, NY and at the Great Lakes Medieval Faire in OH. A friend's wedding to participate in in just a couple weeks, and one of my own a couple months after that. As I said back in the Bard's Guild: if I'm not rushing about madly, it don't feel right.

OrionHR
Every attempt to make war easy and safe will result in humiliation and disaster. ~Maj. Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:19 am

Did I just hear that you are getting married??? :shock: :hug:

Sometimes stepping out and standing for what you believe though it puts you out in the cold, such as losing a job, is what builds us up and sets us up on the road to true happiness!!! Good luck on the EMT testing and the camp thing.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 pm

Yeah did I hear right? Are congrats in order? Couldn't happen to a nicer fella if ya aks me. Come one back now that ya got us hooked. Inquiring minds wanna know.

erinhue

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:59 pm

I was busy most... no no I take that back, ALL of this past week Watching over the little darlings at 4-H camp. It was hot as the blazes of Hades Sunday through Thursday. Then on Friday, we get RAIN. Off and on. Torrential. Rain. On the plus side, the Shooting Sports class (where I assisted with Archery) managed to get everything tucked away before the soaking began.

Afterwards, the chief of one of the camper tribes called me out for a special presentation. This was his "21" year, the last he can have as a camper, and he'd been a camper for 10 years. Incidentally, this was also my tenth year as a counselor/staff. He presented me with a special token as someone that has been a major influence in his time as a camper. It actually left me slightly teary-eyed. That token is currently on the mantle with the other special memories.

But yes, I did speak rightly that I am getting married this fall. It technically is not in the fall but at the tail end of summer on Sept. 18. We've planned the wedding and reception to be at a local city park as we intend it to be kid-friendly, there is a playground right next to the shelter. Moreover, in a recall to Orion and Elena's wedding, I and the groomsmen shall be kilted.

OrionHR
A motion to adjourn is always in order- Lazarus Long
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:47 pm

That is awesome hon!!! :yippie: Is this the lovely lady that you sent me a picture of via email?? Sept. 18th will be an awesome day hon. :D I love the park idea....... but then that is what we did almost 2 years ago when Guruthostirn and I tied the knot and shared the vows of our deep love for each other on August 23rd, 2008. :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Not sure if this is the girl you saw. I can't even recall when this was sent. I'll try to get a good pic of her for you, either by email or on FB. Actually, it's highly amusing since my EMT partner said that is the anniversary of her first divorce.

I get to rush about like mad tomorrow (Sat. 17 Jul.), with the final make-up class for EMT-B. Then I get to sprint down from downtown Pittsburgh back to my mom's place where I'm meeting my fiancee and my good friend to rush out for a buddy's wedding in the afternoon. Then on Sun., Nae has her bridal shower.

Ahh, to be me.

I tried to think of a Ring Action but nothing came to mind *sniff*

OrionHR
In a family argument, if ever you find you are right, apologise immediately.- Lazarus Long
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:05 pm

So what is her name? I will look forward to seeing a picture of the two of you or her either in email or FB. I am so excited for you hon!!! :yippie:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:45 am

Way ta go, Bro. So happy for ya. Now at least ya got a good excuse for not hanging around here all the time. All the best really. :thumbsup:

erinhue

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth