ÔThe Rings of the Elements Guild Ô *~"Revisit the Rings"~*

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 am

Well her name is Renee, or more commonly, Nae. You can easily find her pic on my profile for FB, Vana. I try to keep my security locked fairly tight, but you should be able to see her. Look for the lady in the red shirt.

Oh yes... and if you two lived reasonably closer, you'd be invited.

Unfortunately she is also partly the reason for another reason I'm not on as much lately. She got me addicted to crack... well War-crack.

The EMT retest and then the Written exam went off without a problem. My buddy's wedding... not so much. Driving over to the wedding site, we ALMOST got lost. After I changed into the penguin suit, we had the wedding. The photographer was a camera nazi. When we left, I forgot to grab my regular boots I wear and didn't realise I forgot them until I was back at Mom's place. About 2 hours drive from my boots. Luckily my buddy's mom likes me so she rescued my boots and got them to me. And finally... apparently due to a minor irregularity in paperwork, my buddy was not ACTUALLY LEGALLY married that day.

I'm curious to know... have we had any people ask for rings lately or is it kinda dried out?

OrionHR
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss.- Lazarus Long
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:27 pm

It is time for a revival, I can smell it in the air and taste it in the water. I sense a renewed interest come this fall. Ya know what they say, If you open it up for business once again, they will come. Stick around Bro, I feel the second wave coming on. When do the Hobit I II movies come out again?
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:19 pm

I suddenly felt a renewed interest on the 3rd but didn't have internet until recently when Ingot an iPad. Hopefully I'll be able to be around more these days. Though I'm heading into my final year of grad studies so we'll have to see.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Hidden_Ring » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Nay, your senses did not deceive you. There is life here yet although how much is yet to be seen. Glad to see you around again, even if briefly. I've been working on the Lady Elena to come back. We'll see but there is only so much what can be done when working an ocean apart.

OrionHR
"Anything free is worth what you pay for it" -Lazarus Long
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Where is she posting from hon?
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:21 am

I've been talking with Elena on Facebook. I'd long rebelled about joining there, LiveJournal or MySpace as I have heard far too numerous horror stories about indiscretions there having RL effects. But my Tolkien Lady, upon sending multiple invites as well as other people sending invites as well, prevailed and so I am joined to FB.

OrionHR
"Does the patient have an airway? If no, is that a problem" -my EMT instructor, on pt. evaluation.
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:31 pm

I meant what country is she posting from?
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:15 pm

I understand now, I know she's gotten around in her time. I seem to recall she's been in Bangladesh. I know she was in New Zealand for a while but now... she has put roots in the home of Nelson Mandela. She is in South Africa.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Very cool!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:00 pm

It would be nice to see Elena again. :)

I joined FB a while back and then just let me account sit there. When I got engaged my then fiance' now wife took it over and made it look lived in. Now she has her own and my wallpaper is pealing :P
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby asriel002 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:25 am

wow.

ok first, to most people this will be the strangest post, but to others it will all make sense.

As you can probably tell from the screen name, it's me, lord asriel. LOL.

ok but seriously, 9 years ago...

WOW NINE YEARS AGO.

... I created this guild in July of 2001. I was 12 years old. Effing, TWELVE. I really liked it and I was all about TORC and I went all out for the summer and then school started in the fall and I totally lost interest and disappeared. Well, I'm sorry. I was so young, my attention span was zero. Also, I read all my old posts and all the old threads and I have to really commend all those people for not saying anything about my lack of grammer and spelling skills. I was literally laughing out loud at some of the sentences I managed to make.

But aside from the terrible grammer I have to say that I acted like a total jerk when I left and then when I made a brief appearance to try to "reclaim" the guild shortly thereafter. I know it was a really really long time ago but honestly, wow, that was some really low stuff.

Queen Cats, I am truly sorry for all that. I read that long post you wrote back in the original thread. The one near the end, the one you didn't delete. You were pleading for me to come back, rightfully blasting my disappearance and valiantly trying to hold the guild together.

I think three days after that post I posted "I'm Back, Let the Guild Prosper Again!" or something like that. I doubt that I even read your truly heartfelt post. And honestly, I'm actually disgusted in myself right now.

I knew you for barely three months on some LOTR website when I was twelve. I am so sorry for being such a moron and jerk.

- Joe
asriel002
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hidden_Ring » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:54 pm

I can't say as I've had the pleasure of meeting you Asriel. So I accept your apology to the guild in general, though honestly I don't truly understand the need of it. I will say don't worry about things like bad grammar and such. I've always had a grammar nazi attitude (even in text messages I refuse to use K or LOL), but I can look back at earlier writings on here and think "How did I miss that?" Look at them as a way to grow and better your writing.

I get the feeling, however, you are looking for absolution. It's not truly mine to grant. I will trust that you have grown and learned from the experience. So welcome back to the guild.

OrionHR, The Forge-Crafter of Rings
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:09 am

Asriel welcome back!!! I do not believe that I ever met you either but all is in the past and what is past can not be changed so lets move forward.

I am glad you are back and that you seem to have matured very nicely!! :D Did you ever imagine that this guild would survive and even grow after you left? I think it is kind of cool how it did go on.

When I first joined this guild I acquired a ring very much like the ring I had forged for my character. I still have the ring but now wear the one I got after that original one. I wear the ring "Elen~Uial" The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star. It is a rainbow moonstone that is very bright blue/lavender. I am known for my draw to the celestial both by birth right and design. So it was an obvious choice for me.

Enough about me..... so what is going on now in your life hon?? Let us have an update about school, any special someone in your life?

We know that HR has recently married a beautiful woman in a very interesting and lovely wedding setting. :D :thumbsup: Loved the kilts by the way hon!!! ;)
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby EntwifeLost » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:10 pm

:roll: The Rings Guild Remains!!! :roll:
Ah i had to reread the first post and enlighten my old lady memory!

Lord Asriel! Founder of the Rings... at such a young age. Wow , yes i recall all that stuff back in the development stages of this Guild. I must give you a big Ent Hug and Fangorn Salute! Yes well, times change, people age and we still remember those things that define us. It was nice of you to remember to come back here to TORC. Its also nice to see that a budding 12 yr old, can come back 10 years later, and still recall his adventures in a web created Tolkien Land!! Hoooom!!! Please re join and rekindle your love for Tolkien anytime!

Now for those pushing 50..... what the heck was i doing here???? hahah

Hidden_Ring - My brother in the Rings!! Glad to see your posting splayed round here! How is life for ya! I should go on messenger more.

Vana!! Oh i had to look up your Ring, just to refresh my Ring Self. Vanaladiel- The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star "Elen-Uial"! - I hope a star shines bright on your Sunday and its spirit twinkles into the Springtime air!
Yes yes.. i should conjure up something fresh, even if for my own imagination! I imagine breathing sparkly springtime air now, laced with the twilight of Elen Uial!! :D
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:05 am

Enty my friend and sister at heart, the ring is something I wear every day and it is not far from my heart or memory. :D Thank you sweetie for the magical, warm and loving thoughts and wishes. :hug:

I would love to see the thread where I asked for my ring and described it.

Do you remember the ring I had before?? It was simple but elegant and I can not remember if it was a light ring or which it was.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby StormCrow_TheGreen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:36 pm

So I was at the bottom of my pile of stuff to sort and found a red leather bound journal book. Stuck in the pages was a folded piece of paper. I opened it and found a description of a Guild Hall, so I searched on google with some phrases and it led me here, where I typed my old screen name (I guessed).

So now I'm here after an age of Middle Earth

Anything Nifty Happen?
StormCrow_TheGreen
Shield Bearer

Re: ÔThe Rings of the Elements Guild Ô *~"Revisit the Rings"

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:41 pm

The door creaks as the dust is stirred on the floor by the slowly opening door. An elf steps in and coughs at all the webs and the dust that has settled there from lack of activity.

"Hello?" the sound echos through the vacant halls.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby GwenElf » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:10 am

Sil arrives at the Guild Hall to find the door already unlocked, and a single pair of footprints pointed inward, promising life, a friend, perhaps, in the otherwise deserted halls. Adding her own boot prints to the set already decorating the dust-covered floor, she peers around, then down again to see where the prints lead.

"Well, Isilirë," she mutters to the ring on her finger. "I don't know that a Moon Song is going to be of much use cleaning up this place, but maybe others passing by would stop in if they heard it?"

She raises her hand into the air, and the gem on her finger begins to glow faintly. With the light comes a soft, clear melody, an invitation to weary travellers to pause and rest under the magnificent arches of the Hall. As the song continues to rise, Sil returns to following the footprints. "Hello?"

Holy wow, guys, I just looked at my first post in this thread, and it's from 10 years ago, the day I moved into my dorm room on my first day of college. :shock: I feel SO OLD! ...but still in college, even if it is grad school. How sad. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:34 am

Vana hears a song lilting on the air and comes from the basement with the broom and dustpan to see whom has wandered into the hall. Seeing Sil she calls out and adds the music of her ring to the mix as the Moon Ring of the Twilight Star joins in with the Song of the moon ring upon Sils hand. The melody both haunting and inspiring swirls as the two melodies blend to sing in sweet harmony together.

Mae Govannen, Sil how are you doing my friend. I have not seen you in many months. Vana hugs her friend close.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:09 am

Long unlit torches suddenly blazed to life. A cloud of sparkling dust formed in the empty hall and a moment later Erinhue stepped out of its mist, his dragonharp tucked under his arm. The bard looked around at the dust gathering chairs and tables and the heavy draped closed over the tall narrow windows.

“Looks like no one’s been here in quite some time.” Erinhue’s rich baritone echoed slightly in the empty room. “This was once one grand old place, a grand old guild. I wonder how many of the Ring Bearers still remember how it was here once. I wonder where they all are now.”

A few notes in a minor key rose up from the harp.

“Yes I know.” Erinhue sighed. “Times change and nothing stays the same…” The bard took one more melancholy glance around him and whispered, “…but nothing is forgotten.”

Erinhue shrugged off the mood and prepared to depart.

“We’ll leave a light burning in the hall. If someone should stop in, they will know that someone was here.”
The shimmering cloud reformed. Erinhue took one last, longing look around, stepped into the fading cloud and vanished from the hall.

erinhue

Postby GwenElf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Sil returns Vana's embrace as the pair of rings echoes their melody throughout the empty hall.

"Many months indeed!" She fingers the ring on her hand and half of the song begins to fade away. "Now that we've found one another perhaps we ought to tone it down a bit. No sense in shouting over such a lovely tune."

As the sound fades away Sil turns her head abruptly, surprised. "Did you hear that?" she asks her friend, spinning on the spot to face eastward and craning her neck as though doing so would improve her hearing. As Vana joins Sil in her inspection of the easternmost wall a very faint strum of harpstrings floats into the room, as if from worlds away.

Vana's eyes widen. "It cannot be...?"
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 pm

Vana and Sil looking about and decided to search the other rooms and see if they can find the cause of the harping.

"I was sure we would find someone or something near the room we were in." Vana stated

"I don't know or could not tell which direction it came from. Maybe we were imagining things." Sil replied.

"Could be but I was sure it sounded like Agarak!" Vana shook her head in confusion.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Erinhue stepped out of the sparkling mist and looked around. The frown that began in his sea grey eyes spread over his entire face. He looked down at the little harp cradled in the crook of his arm.

"You must really be getting old you old worm. This is not Callendril." Erinhue looked around again to make certain. "I said take us to the Bards Guild House. We're right back where we started. We're back at The Ring of the Elements guild. Why did you bring us back here?"

erinhue

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:43 pm

"Erinhue!" Vana shouted at the Master Bard as she came around the corner and saw him standing there frowning as if he were about to disappear again. He looked up in shock to hear his name called out and there stood Vana and Sil looking rather dusty but holding brooms and dustbins.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby GwenElf » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:35 am

"And here we thought we were hearing things," Sil mused as the two women hurried forward eagerly to greet their friend. Erinhue's frown faded as he recognized them, and even their dusty appearances and cleaning implements did not prevent him from embracing each in turn.

"Turns out old Agarak knew exactly where I needed to be after all," the Master Bard said, smiling brightly.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby erinhue » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:58 am

Vanadarlin' and Silwen m'love. my tongue can form no words to match the feelings in my heart now my eyes and soul are blessed with seeing you again." Erinhue bowed to Vana and Sil and then swept them both into one big group hug.

"I always did know that old worm was smarter than me. " Erinhue chuckled. " I would have missed ya both if I had rushed off like I planned. Thank you much, Agarak"

Three notes chimed out in response.

erinhue

Postby Harvestar » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:03 am

Up in the observatory, Harvestar hears a few notes of music followed by voices. Her Star Ring of Steadfastness glows softly. She smiles and begins the long decent down the winding staircase.
Harvestar
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:26 pm

As Erinhue, Sil and Vana are hugging and smiling at becoming reacquainted with each other the sounds of soft footsteps is hear on the stairway leading to the Observatory.

"I though the house was empty" Vana sounded concerned.

"I thought it was too." Sil remarked.

"Not to worry your pretty hearts about, Agarack and I will keep you safe!" Erinhue stated as a friendly face glances about the stairwell peering into the room.

All mouths drop open and eyes go wide.

"Harvestar!" The three chime in Unison.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby EntwifeLost » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:44 pm

*****Ô RING ACTION Ô******
The Earth Ring of the Arbors. "erutaN"Emits powerful pulses of Green and strength as It's bearer treks toward the Ring of the Elements Hall. The gardens bloomed suddenly, apples fell upon the atrium, the fountains flowed and tree canopies formed above the Halls opening!
*****Ô END RING ACTION Ô*****

The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star "Elen-Uial", The Star Ring of Steadfastness, The Air Ring of the Wordsmith "Mythweaver", The Melody Ring of the Moon Song "Isilírë and her Brother in Ring Elements, The Earth Ring of Persuasion "Botanus" all glowed with a sudden binding Green twist. For a moment the Ringbearers thought their own rings were attacking, but a second later, the rings shined brightly and a blazing sun shown through the trees and straight into the main hall of the AHUR. The large footy branches of Enty of Fangorn, the Earth Wandering Bard had touched within acres of the site and her Rings, were like a magnet to the others! She Hoomed and Leaned in, astonished and so elated to see the faces of Vanaladiel, Harvestar, Erinhue, Gwenelf, and Stormcrow, within view!

Wow, i was just refreshing my aged mind and memory on all the work we did when organizing these Guilds! Fascinating! I miss everyone. Refresh my old oakened mind, and tell the Entwife, what she must know, if news must be told! Shakes Branches off! :TORC:
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:56 pm

"ENTY!!!" Vana exclaimed with great joy. Taking a branch that was proffered Vana starts dancing around her great Ent friend.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth