ÔThe Rings of the Elements Guild Ô *~"Revisit the Rings"~*

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby BrninThedwarf » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:47 am

A dwarf in full mail worn over a deep blue tunic walked around the grounds of the new thread. In the light he appeared to be wearing the midnight sky on his person, the bright silver mail shining out like stars on the blue field of his brand new tunic.

Here and there he would stop and gaze at stone work with admiration and a smile. The AHUR was still the same as it had been, but be it by some magic, or by the works of the Master Ring Holders it seemed fresh and new.

Brnin soon heard the familiar voice of his symbiotic companion in his mind. "This hall needs something...I don't know wha..." then the voice raised in an excited shout. "I've got it!" The symbyote then told Brnin the idea he had for a sort of christining for the new age of the hall. Something done with fire on stone. Fras glowed a bright orange in anticipation.

****Begin Ring Action****
The white hexagonal diamond shined brightly in the dim light of the night. The glow traveled up from the stone and through the golden band. Dwarf runes deep within the metal of it shone out clear and red. Soon all of Brnin's right arm was glowing with a reddish orange light.

His aim was for the large wall to his left. He was in the main dining hall, where most of the traffic came through. He wanted his creation to be seen by everyone. Letting loose the symbyote from his home the light traveled from the arm and back down to the stone. Fire instantly lept from the stone in four large arcs of blinding heat, Brnin felt none of it.

He worked the flame in many directions with, from the outside observer, little control. He did this for over an hour before finally stepping back and looking at his work.

****End Ring Action****

Many now came in and looked with wonder at the work of the dwarf. There on the wall now were burned the images of all the Master Ring Holders, behind them were a steady stream of descending figures falling back to a sunset background. Two large trees there were on either side and a river ran off to the left.

"There. Now that is a wall worthy of the AHUR."
BrninThedwarf
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:00 am

That's a great Ring Action, Brnin! Very fitting for the new AHUR :)

Luthy

(Still in storm mode! :lightening: )
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:24 am

Lovely ring action Brnin! :) And I agree with Luthy - very fitting for the new age of the Rings :D

Luthy and Sil - remember those two rings that I bought at the Ren Fest? Well, unfortunately the one with the red stone one got knocked into a trash can in the bathroom by someone and garbage day was yesterday :(

But the ring with the blue stone I was just thinking looks an awful lot like the way I imagined Zeniphyr would look like (my ring in case you all forgot - it really has been that long :shock: ). So now I get to carry the Life Ring of the Singing Heart around with me all the time ;)

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:41 am

Ack, that's too bad, Eve! But at least it wasn't an incredibly expensive ring, right? :P

I looked everywhere for a ring that looks like Vaiwalire, but I can't find one. Maybe I should get the appearance changed so I can find one. :P

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:50 pm

Oh dear me no! :)

It cost $5 - the only reason I bought the second ring (which is the red one that is now lost :( ) is because I had to spend at least $10 in order to use my debit card :P

Oh, don't change your ring! Maybe you can have on custom made?

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:26 pm

Luthy, do you have Winzip? Because the MIDI file is a bit big, so it'll take ages to go through if I send it just like that... if you have Winzip, I can zip the file and send it....

Please let me know!
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Gloamglozer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:50 pm

Black Clouds suddenly gather over the AHUR. A flash of lightning cuts through the sky.
A large red Vulture flies from this darkness followed by mant ghostly images of Evil flying creatures.
As the Vulture and the images approach the AHUR the dome opens and they fly in.
The Vulture lands and transforms into Gloamglozer. The images swarm around the AHUR and dissappear into the walls.
As he dome is closed Gloamglozer speaks.

A NEW AGE OF THE RINGS GUILD!!!!!!!!!

This is my first new age. Ahhhhh. That smell of freshness and new paint.
Don't worry about the images. There just bringing my stuff from the fourth age.

He walks over to his personal Lazy Boy and places it so that he could see all the people arriving.
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby -|---Anduril » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:53 pm

Pip, yes I got them, but freewebs is still acting up.. I'll have to wait for saturday so I can upload it with my father's computer and fix the bugs on that site.

...and I forgot what I was gonna say...
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby HobbitArchitect » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:53 pm

Drogo the hobbit pokes his head around the corner and looks at the new surroundings. "Very nice!!!", he finds himself staring at the mural made by Brnin the Dwarf. The hobbit fids a rather tall stool made for him at a table, "How thoughtful", he grins and thumbs his ring Corarda.
It faintly glows at his touch. Looking at his goblet of ale, it looks a bit tarnished.
He wished that more plants were in the room, but he was better at working with metal. Although gardening ran in his blood, it still wasnt his strong point. His ring finger itched for action, he finished his ale.
*RING ACTION*
The amber jewels started to shine. He aimed at the goblet and a light started to consume it. It started to reshape and melt. Soon it formed a long metal rod of silver, the it started to take its shape again. The light faded and Drogo refilled his cup.
*END RING ACTION*
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:22 pm

LadyG, yes I have winzip :)

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:15 pm

Excellent Luthy!

I shall send it to you now :)
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:22 pm

Thank you :D

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:37 pm

Erk! :oops: Umm.. Luthy, I'm having a wee bit of problem with my mail.. AGAIN!! (stupid Yahoo! :angry: >-O) sooooo... I'll try and send the thing as soon as I can access my mailbox again, ok?
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:53 pm

Andu just had to tell you... I LOVE YOUR SIGGY!!! It's excellent!!!
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:34 pm

I love your sig too Andu -- and if you don't mind, tell us about this RL Mary Sue you met :shock: or is it too horrible?? ;)

LadyG -- thats fine :) Thanks!

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Darkmagus » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:41 pm

I must adorn the fifth age of the Rings with my presence!

adorns

Ok, all done :roll:

The magus goes to the forge, and begins stoking the slumbering fires. Soon the heat rages and he begins to work his craft, forming rings of red gold and silver. Lightening from the storm flashes overhead, it's white light mingling with the deep red of the forges flame. The mages arm weilds the hammer, and slowly he fills a box with newly crafted rings. Finally done, he takes the box and comes down from the forge.

Anybody want a ring? Just made up a new batch. Not magic ones, but still...

sits down and dozes off
Darkmagus
Ranger of the North

Postby laureanna » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:02 pm

Ah, the fifth age. What will this one be like, I wonder? Hmmmmm...... time to add a little decorator's touch.

*****Ring Action*****
laureanna sat down on a nearby recliner and closed her eyes. She lightly touched the marzipan rose on Theobroma, the Life Ring of Chocolate. When she opened her eyes, a beautiful crystal tray adorned each end table, stacked high with Belgian chocolates.
*******End Ring Action******

Now for a housekeeping note: I have looked at the first post and wonder if examples are needed anymore, as there are so many actual rings to look at. If you do keep the examples, you might want to remove rings that are already taken: The Fire Ring of Brimstone, The Fire Ring of Spitfire, The Order Rings of Guardian(ship), The Order Ring of Inspiration, The Order Ring of The Kept Word, The Life Ring of True Love, The Life Ring of Peace, The Star Ring of the Heavens, The Light Ring of Truth, and The Light Ring of Manwe & Wisdom.

And a question: Is it possible for a person with a second screen name to have a ring for that name?

I found a cheap place to get LOTR rings here: Avon. :roll:
laureanna
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:16 pm

YAY! CHOCOLATE!!!

*Ahem* It's quite early in the morning, excuse me. :P

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:01 am

laureanna thanks for pointing taht out... I'll fix tht straight away.

And YAY!! Chocolate!! Thanks!

Darkmagus glad to see you around here more often, Ringmaker! :)
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby -|---Anduril » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:48 am

Thanks for the siggy compliment...

So, on to my encounter with the Mary Sue..
Pip (aka shieldmaiden_pippin) has a message board and a few of the people from Council of Teens are members there, and this one girl joined (i don't think she's from TORC) and her screenname was Legolas_is_SO_mine <3 or something to that extent.. and in the introduction thread she introduced herself with a lot of 'Legolas is like, so hott, he is like, so mine!! and I have a pretty and unique screen name' and a lot of stuff like that...
Then there is the Creative ways to Annoy people there too, and she posted in there and asked why we would want to annoy people because it is mean...
It is now my quest to decipher if the desire to be nice to people at all times is in the nature of all Mary Sue's or just this one...

We were thinking of opening a Mary Sue boot camp thread on TORC, with promises of Leggy pictures and leggy videos and leggy kisses.. and then bring out Gollum sponge baths, Lurtz massages and orc-soup kitches...

But then we thought the MODS would bake us and sell us in tins of Spam..
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:04 am

LOL Andu!!!

I know some people like that... They're always nice to everyone and act all perfect and :x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x Sometimes you just want to shoot them don't you?? ;)

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Loopy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:40 am

lol Andu and Luthy!! :D i happen to know people like that too.... and i can´t stand them! :x
Loopy
Mariner

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:45 am

Ack, I know. People shouldn't be ALLOWED to be that perfect. Always friendly, always helpful, always bouncy... :x:x:x It just gets on your nerves like nothing else :x:x I also hate people who are hyper early in the morning... hehe :D

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby undomiel » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:59 am

Luthy, I share your views. ;) Just remember that most of those people are stupid too. Most of the people in the world, in fact, are stupid. Unfortunately a few of them have found Torc. Still, we have a much higher percentage of intelligent people here. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:03 am

Undomiel, have you ever read Ugluk's website? The way you said that just reminded me of it... it's absolutely hilarious, so don't drink anything while you're reading it unless you want to spit it all over your keyboard.

I'll go get a link and be right back...

EDIT: Here it is! Ugluk's website

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby undomiel » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:05 am

Luthy, I don't know how to feel about that. I didn't think I was that arrogant. ;)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:08 am

Oh no -- not at all! Just when you said "most people are stupid" it made me think of that -- and the site was so hilarious I just had to post a link to it. ;)

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Arenial » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:12 am

luthienelflover wrote:Sometimes you just want to shoot them don't you??

:shock: :Q You... you mean... you'd want to shoot... ME??? (hehe...jj I am in no way saying I am perfect)

Luthy and Pip, excellent storm you guys cooked up there.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:16 am

dp :oops:
Last edited by Arenial on Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:22 am

Thanks Ren :D

Nah, we don't need to shoot you! We like you too much :P

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth