ÔThe Rings of the Elements Guild Ô *~"Revisit the Rings"~*

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:39 am

Finally! A ring action... I couldnt stand all the jibberish! I agree with Brnin, Awen is quite gorgeous!
Pippy, you can play the Tin Whistle... Im just learning. Cant even play Old McDonald! I have a C whistle and D whistle.
Enty, thankyou for trying to stop this madness!
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:38 am

[qoute]An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman all walk into a pub....[/quote]

That's a dangerous combonation, and in itself is an amazing joke. ;)

HA, yes, I play the Tin Whistle, I have for little over 6 months. Old Macdonald...hmm...I can't play it either. B^ Ok, so that's not true...rather...I don't wanna play it...heh. I like to play slow songs (I've yet to master playing Planxties yet...they scare me ;);) But I like playing Arran Boat, Down by the Sally Gardens, Scarbourough (I can't spell.) Fair, MacPherson's Farewell, and so on.

What kind of Whistle did you get (the make) Waltons? Clarke?

Mines a Waltons (key of D). It's in pathetic shape because I play it ALL the time, the coating is coming off...heh...but it still sounds good :) I love my Murry (teh Tin Whistle, of course). It infuriates me when people tell me it's a Recorder. "No!!!! It's NOT a recorder! The Tin Whistle WAY outdates the Recorder and it's vice versa, The recorder is a descendant of the Tin Whistle...just uglier..plastic...and it has an annoying sound (the Recorder...)" So yes, I get very defensive about Murry, hehe.

Brnin will say anyone's gorgeous ;);) *huggles Brnin* He's my e-brother, btw. :roll: *Pippy jumps on the dwarf's back and gives him a nuggy rub*

;););)

are you incapable of humor?
lmao, capable of causing "peeing in the pants" at random moments

In that case, I really can't wait to meet you, Enty!!!

*Sigh* I am so easily amused this early in the morning...

Aren't we all? *giggle*

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby -|---Anduril » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 am

Sorry Enty, I will try locate my brain and make a sensible post :P

Pippy, u play a Tin Whistle?? I have two of those, one of them's a clarke, but it's in poor shape... a bit overused!!
The other is an Original Irish whistle in the key of D.. it's Feadóg.. I don't know if that means anything...

And a tin whistle is not a recorder! A recorder has way more holes :P and is plastic...

Pippy wrote:Andu- you're crazy...I can't decide if you're HAPPY you met a sue or if you're so shocked you're going into trauma because of her drama. (Whoa...rhymes...)

Actually I'm not sure, I think both! I always wanted to meet one, they are a facsinating species...
Did you read my write-up in the bards guild??
And did you see the sig she inspired me with? :P

...you're right, I did get a bit carried away...

Hobbit Architect wrote:Finally! A ring action... I couldnt stand all the
jibberish!

*Eyes HobbitArchitech suspiciously*
Do we have a Sue in hiding here :P

..it's been a while since I had a lil Ring action of my own

****** Ring Action *********
Andu stood on the balcony of AHUR as the sun set, and thought about the past few days, and of the encounter with the Mary Sue. Nawech started tingling, as it did when it wanted something.
"What?" Andu said to the Ring, and at that moment, a song filled her mind.

I'm a Mary Sue, good and true
Here is my fandom with much ado.
I scream for Legolas and make girls spew,
Watch out for me, 'because I'm coming for you!

:| "Ok, That is not your style, you know" said Andu looking at Nawech perplexed.

"Yes, but it's your darkness" came the reply."

******END RING ACTION******

Ok, that was a bit too silly... :roll:
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby TarnAeluin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:43 am

luthy and LadyG -- (my last spammy post, Enty, I swear) I'm glad I could brighten your early morning/evening -- whatever!

OOC-- *enty, thanks for posting in my thread*
no more spam,

~Tarny
TarnAeluin
Rider of the Mark

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:23 am

This is The Rings guild, so quit the Mary Sue stuff!!
Pippy, my tin whistles are Clarke. Got some stupid little phamplets of so-called music. My favorite song is Whiskey in a Jar! I can actually play that! Ive had them for 2 months now. Recordes are very different! Who would say such a thing??!!! Do not disrespect the Whistle!
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:06 am

Sorry for the spam, Enty!

To make up for it have a Ring Action -- a little short because I'm hurried at the moment ;)

***RING ACTION***

The wind whistled through the trees as Luthy raised her left hand. Vaiwalire flashed brightly on her first finger and the scent of roses wafted through the air. The day was grey and cloudy and the wind was chill, but the light that shone strongly from the Melody Ring was warm and clear. Faint and far off, if one listened closely, one could hear a soft quartet -- a sweet flute, a gentle harp, a quicksilver violin, and a mournful cello. The light from Vaiwalire strenghthened until it was brighter than a fire and then skipped from Luthy's finger to the ground. It fastened itself to the ground and burned brightly for a moment. Luthy glared at Vaiwalire -- the Ring was not cooperating -- and she heard a faint titter, carried to her by the cool compelling wind. She glared at the Ring again and heard a far-off sigh. She glanced around. She was used to hearing strange things when her Ring was working, but...

The fire on the ground before her continued to burn brightly, but the wind whipped around it, shaping it. Luthy glanced at her Ring again, wondering what it was up to this time -- and then laughed in delight and clapped her hands together as the fire was expertly shaped into the form of a puppy. At her command, the wind held the fire in place, cooling it to solidity. When the wind cleared away, there was a little fiery-golden puppy sitting at her feet, wagging its tail and panting. It was small enough for her to pick him up and hold him.

"What should we name you, boy?" she wondered after she checked his gender.

***END RING ACTION***

I thought we should have a puppy for Shadow to play with :P

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Loopy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:13 am

a puppy!!! :D:D i love your idea luthy!!

---*RING ACTION*---
Loop raised her hand and told Narandlë to make a ball for the puppy. Narandlë got warmer and a tinny flame flew into the air. Incandescently it grew stonger and bigger, until it formed a nice ball for the puppy. Once it was finished, the new toy slowly went down, in front of the dog, which smiled. "there you go, have fun :); and thanks Narandlë."
---*END of RING ACTION*---

hope you puppy likes the ball luthy ;)
Loopy
Mariner

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:42 am

AWW! A puppy!!!! And Puppies need water!

**********RING ACTION**********

Pippy looked upon the sweet little puppy playing with his ball. She disapeared into a shed and came back with a bowl. She raised her hand and Indra glowed brightly, small beads of water appeared onto the band of the ring, and a small stream of water shot down straight from the sky into the bowl, filling it slowly and gently with water. Pippy lowered her hand and chipped off the now iced beads of water from the golden band. She watched as the puppy lap the water and she smiled to herself, "He's so adorable!

*******END RING ACTION*******

Hehe :)

Andu!!!! If you'd pay attention in the Teens thread you'd known I play a Tin Whistle, I've only mentioned it about a 1000 times ;););););););)

*goes off to Eloi*

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby wind_walker » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:45 am

*reads all the Mary Sue talk in one go... :? :? :? :shock: *

ok, i just have one question, for luthy...

what is Cerulean?

*turnd to the other dwarf and hobbit* so, you like Arwen, too? :P :P :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :P :P :P

ps, Orion, I havent decided whether i should thwack you for doing that quiz or you PM title, maybe both...

I am going to post in other Guilds, see you all around.

-WW
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby Monoceros » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:39 pm

After several days Mono appeared riding a mule that was carrying a cart. Inside of which everyone could see a huge pile of carton boxes. Delicious smell of vanilla, cream, biscuits, cocoa and fruits filled the air and ring bearers ran to the cart to take the cakes.

“Hey, hey, not so fast!!! Leave one for me!!!!”

****Ring Action******
Mono whistled and loud buzz was heard. Seconds later a nearby tree was lit with millions of firebugs. They flashed and showed different pics that were constantly changing one another. Finally the stopped and lights formed a writing: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE FIFTH AGE!!
*******End Ring Action******

What about the party??? Have I missed it???

Mono.
Monoceros
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:50 pm

MONO!!!! *huggles* You're back! How did the operation go? How are feeling? WHat did the doctors say? Report!

Various Males: :roll: Duh! Obviously you guys would tihnk Arwen is gorgeous...

Windy cerulean is a shade of blue

*eyes HobbitArhitect suspiciously* Why are you so prickly about the rest of us putting up other posts than those with Ring actions?

Luthy awwwwwwwwwwww.... cute puppy! Can I cuddle it? What's its name?
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Darkmagus » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:02 pm

Missed the prty? Noty really. It kinda got buried in the, erm, conversation...

*whispers* ...spam... :wink:

However, I shall restart the party with the time honored tradition of serving the fine dorwinion wine!

produces from somewhere a great flask of the good stuff and starts pouring.

edit:

Various Males: Duh! Obviously you guys would tihnk Arwen is gorgeous...

well, the book does say so.... :wink:
Last edited by Darkmagus on Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkmagus
Ranger of the North

Postby wind_walker » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:02 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT: Men of the Rings Guild are requested at the Splintered Chamberpot. You should see why when you get there...

-WW

ps, good to mmmm see you mmmm Mono. Darn these snacks are good ;)
wind_walker
Ranger of the North

Postby Monoceros » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:16 pm

Umm, actully, the operation hasn't ... hapened yet. It's appointed on 2-4 th of September. If everything is Ok. I have given my blood for tests only. Awaiting results now. Whe I get them I'll move into the hospital. :evil: I hate its smell and a sight of needles and scalpels. *shrugs*

Cute puppy. Hope Shadow won't eat him :roll:

Shame on you all!!! I tried so hard to bake all these cakes!! And what I've found here??? Let's get back to the business!

Mono.
Monoceros
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:22 pm

Mono oops! :oops: I thought you went for your op... silly me, And YAY! cakes! thanks!

DM we realised, and we did say we're sorry. But honestly, was there any reason to become so prickly? It's not like we do it ALLLLL the time, now is it?

Windy can the ladies come, too? :D

Elena smiled to herself as she steps into the gardens. Autumn was approaching, the trees were being slowly painted in the many shades of red, orange, and yellow. And that meant... there was only a few more weeks until the day she had been waiting for so eagerly arived... Humming soflty, she didn't notice Ninniach tell-tale glow. But as the lilting melody rose up to give words to her tune, her smile widened.

* * * * * * * RING ACTION* * * * * *
When was it that I knew?
That first glance my way..
That I'd be with you.
That first kiss that stole away
My breath, my heart
And now today...
I stand beside you
forevermore
to love, laugh and adore
Beyond time and this embrace
With love and eternal grace
I'll take your love and your hand
without question or demand
I pledge my heart
till there is no time
I am yours and you are mine
* * * * * * END RING ACTION * * * * * * *

Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:09 pm

Windy-- You mean females aren't allowed at the Bachelor Party?!? :P

Awww, what a cute puppy!!! :) Cool Ring Actions, everyone!

LadyG-- Awwww.. :) Happy poem!! Me likey happy poem!

~Sil
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:56 pm

What do you think we should name the puppy, everyone? :)

Windy, like LadyG said, cerulean is a shade of blue... heh...

I like the happy poem too LadyG :D

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby TarnAeluin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:11 pm

I suggest we name the puppy Cerulean :wink:
*puppy in background whines* It's so cute, Luthy!!

Nice happy poem, LadyG.

I've gone too long without one of these--

********RING ACTION********
Tarny eyed the stream in the hall she had created earlier, and Eärnín, the Sea-tear, began to shimmer, reflecting the sunlight on the water. Slowly, the stream widened and became slightly deeper, and, as an extra touch, Loopy's ball floated down swiftly with the current to the end.
********END ACTION********

Behind her, Tarny heard the puppy bark and chase the ball down the stream's edge until it gave in and jumped, splashing all those standing too close. :wink:
TarnAeluin
Rider of the Mark

Postby -|---Anduril » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:50 pm

Ooh a puppy!!! cute!

Pip, I totally spaced... of course I know about you and the Tin Whistle! I remeber it from your Manga drawing!!

Sil.. you know what the women do at bachelor parties, don'y you?? DO I really have to go into that??!!!
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:17 pm

Andu- how would you know what women do at Bachelor parties? Hmm?

Oh! I forgot about sending you that pic, andu :) I'm drawing another one, right now. She really hates School. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think that's a nice name for teh puppy :) I might have to bring Straz in here to play with him (Straz is my manga kitty that I created, he's so ugly he's cute!)

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:22 pm

Teh Straz isn't ugly -- he's adorable! :P

Cerulean would be a good name but he's a fiery-looking little guy... We wouldn't want the water to put the fire out :D

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby -|---Anduril » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:28 pm

Grrr, Pip, I watch TV!!! That's how I know.... :P

Speaking of pictures pip, I haven't forgotten about your cat pics..
Is freewebs giving you trouble?? Wheneve I click on File in the Webzedit window it takes gives me a forbidden error...

sorry, but I needed clarification....
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:51 pm

No, freewebs hasn't been giving me any problems, as of late- it's been well behaved for me (for once...)

TV? Heh, yeah, why didn't I guess? :roll:

Straz IS cute, isn't he Luthy? I wonder if I'll ever be able to draw him again...*wonders and hopes*

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:02 pm

Luthy, I would suggest Tabris.. of even Flamethrower... :D:D

And thanks everyone for liking the poem... I hope I really find someone I fell that way about someday! :D
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:42 pm

At the forge:

*Begin Ring Action*
Drogo starts tampering wit Corarda. It glows a firey red. He palces three bowls on table. Three streams of liquid metal come from the ground. One gold, one silve, one copper. They fill the bowls to the brim.
*End Ring Action*
Taking a ladle from the rack, he pours the liqid into moulds for rings. He then set these to cool. He kicks Darkmagus to see if he is still alive.
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby laureanna » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:59 pm

***Waits for an appropriate lull in the conversation.***

This got lost in the "chatter", so I'll ask it again.

Is it possible for a person with a second screen name to have a ring for that name?
laureanna
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:13 pm

"Chatter", eh? A polite name for spam, I think :D

I saw your question the first time, laureanna, but since I have no idea of the answer, I didn't say anything. :roll: Sorry! :(

Flamethrower eh? I like it, LadyG... what about Cerulean Flamethrower? We can call him Cerfla :D:D:D

LOL Andu about that female-at-the-bachelor-party thing: Did you see the comment Elengil made in the Bard's Guild? =:):D

Luthy
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Eltirwen » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:18 pm

Great question, o choclatey one. People have more than one Bard screen name, why not Rings? That would be fun.

And I pass the Mary Sue test. Although I've been told my eyes are cool. They change color according to my emotions. Still, I only am the most beautiful woman in the world according to my husband, and he's biased.

Ooh, pretty rings! Are any of them not metal? I can't wear metal, which is why my ring is made of agate.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby TarnAeluin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:23 pm

hmmm...Cerulean Flamethrower...I like it! (Cerfla :rofl: --terrific!) Reminiscent of Jade Lightning :P
TarnAeluin
Rider of the Mark

Postby GwenElf » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:30 pm

LadyG-- What does Tabris mean? The only thing that came up when I did a search was information on an angel character from Neon Genesis Evangelion. *shrugs* No idea what that even is.

Andu-- Yes, and no, respectively. :D

~Sil
GwenElf
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth