The Witch Doctors Guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

The Witch Doctors Guild

Postby Volcanus » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:10 am

hi all............this used 2 be a guild a long time back and i jus thought that id revive the ancient art of healing,potion making and spell casting.
if you want to join just post here

You wont start out straight away as a witch doctor but will have to work your way up the ladder.The ranks are as follows:

Apprentice
Lower Master of the Arts
Upper Master of the Arts
Healer
Potions Master
Witch Doctor

MEMBERS:

Volcanus-Witch Doctor

Raistlin_Warog-Apprentice

Azulair. -Apprentice

To advance to a higher post,a test will be held and based on the results a decision will be made.
Now the main objeective of this guild is as i said earlier is to revive the ancient and forgottten art of healing and potion making.i assure you that with more resources and members we can make this a fun thread

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT
Last edited by Volcanus on Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby shadowseer » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:39 am

greeting Volcanus! i have seen you in the other boards- some of them long gone (e.g wizard's guild- which i really wanted to join) and would be very interested in joining this guild and help it to reawaken forgotten knowledge and lost arts.
shadowseer
Shield Bearer

Postby Raistlin_warog » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:12 pm

This looks very interesting, therefore with your permission i must join. Glad to meet you by the way.
Raistlin_warog
Shield Bearer

Postby ThreadStalker » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:14 pm

I would suggest that you take a look at the information thread at the top of this forum, in the last post especially you will find some guidelines for guilds and alliences begun in this forum.

There is a major clean up in the works for this forum and to survive you should begin to work out the structure of your guild, things like its purpose, how you will take in members, will there be rankings and how are they to be achieved are a few of the things you should consider before starting a new guild in this fourm.

I would further suggest that you take a look at a few structured guilds such as the Rings Guild and the Bard's.

Any supposed guild that is found to be an exclusive chat thread will be locked. Chat belongs in Talk. You will have some time to work this out if you wish to continue. I shall be watching
ThreadStalker
Ranger of the North

Postby Volcanus » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:52 pm

first of all.i would like to make it very clear that this is not going to be a chat thread. it has a specific purpose which i mentionrd in my 1st post.
second of all as far as recruiting members , anyone who wants to may jpon.

ghood to meet u to shodowseer and u may definitely be part of the guild
the smae to you Raistlin_warog .

now u dont straight away start by being a WD
it goes: Apprentice
Lower Master of the Arts
Upper Master of the Arts
Healer
Potions Master
Witch Doctor

I am planning on even opening a market ijn the prancing pony so v can c how that goes.tyhanks for the replies and welcome shadow and Raistlin
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:00 pm

Just wanted to mention that you should write out your words here. They do not allow web speak or the type of abbreviations that you are using.
TS was already in here so I don't want to see you get the Mods in here again so soon. Bright Blessings and best of luck with the guild :wink:
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby EntwifeLost » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:27 pm

Volcanus !! How are ya bud! Nice to see ya back here....The Guild idea makes me want to watch Natives dance in ceremonious circles, and then Drums beat in the background as a masked WD enters the Circle!

Very good idea to structure your FIRST POST with more information on the Rankings, and Ideas for this Guild. So just go back and Edit it and put your Rankings there with a short Bio on what the Guild will focus on. Then it looks official and youll get more response too...Hey I think its Interesting, in a Exotic ssort of way...And im honored that Threadstalker used the Rings and Bards Guilds as examples!! Thus you got a post from me and Hue.. :lol: :lol:

otherwise so nice to see ya back and come on in to revisit the Rings Guild too, remember you hold The Chaos Ring of Chaos...seems fetching for a Witch Doctor!!!

~Enty
EntwifeLost
Ranger of the North

Postby Raistlin_warog » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:44 am

Thanks volcanus.

I would advise that you add the rankings to the first post using the edit button, and add the peoples names in their fitting rank.
Raistlin_warog
Shield Bearer

Postby Alandriel » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:25 am

As a regular witch I think I shall be lurking
:wink:
Alandriel
Ranger of the North

Postby shadowseer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:23 pm

greetings Alandriel! stop by anytime, im sure we would be most gracious for your fine company!

Volcanus, starting a market in the prancing pony seems like an excellent idea, just remember to notify us well in advance! in the meanwhile i eagerly await to be appointed as an apprentice, and learning the craft of our kind.

Shady.
shadowseer
Shield Bearer

Postby Volcanus » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:48 pm

Sure Alandriel stop by anytime and post here freely.

Shadow before i start a market,you can be sure that i will let you guys know.And im adding your names right now in the 1st post.
but before anything is learnt i think we need a few more members so i would be greatful if you could advertise for the guild.

Also i would like all members to post a small bio and give yourself a modest title too......
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby Volcanus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:49 pm

ok what happened here?? where did everybody go to??
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby Raistlin_warog » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:23 am

I'm here my friend, i'll post a bio tonight.

*Watch this post*
Raistlin_warog
Shield Bearer

Postby shadowseer » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:27 pm

ive quickly made a short intro about my persona's bio. more can be told later. Here (for the sake of saving confusion on other boards) i will resume my already chosen name of Azulair.

Azulair is one who has indeed travelled far and wide but always felt safer surrounded be Nature or the works of Elves, even though i am not of Elvish kind. in appearance i resemble a Man, with dark, smooth olive-skin and sleek, black hair reaching to my shoulders. i have been trained to fight, but have always prefer to use to thought of the mind over the skill of the hand.

as a young traveller, going deep through forests and talking with all manner of birds and beasts and ever searching for knowledge about the secrets of spell-casting, potions and herb-lore. i come here because i finally believe i have found a suitable and powerful teacher that can show me the ways of a wielding such skill and knowledge.
shadowseer
Shield Bearer

Postby Volcanus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:50 pm

oh thank god you guys are still here.could you do me a favour and tell people about and to join this place please??

shadow ill change your name in the listy right away
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Postby Raistlin_warog » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:23 am

Name: Raistlin
Race: Man
Weapons: Battle sword, Battle axe, Throwing Knives, Belt knife and short sword.

I am only posting a short bio, i will post a longer one when i have time.
Raistlin_warog
Shield Bearer

Postby shadowseer » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:17 pm

hey volcanus, thankyou for the addition!, im spreading the word as best i can. i dont think there has ever been a guild like this before, so it may just take time for the momentum to kick in- but dont worry! :wink:
shadowseer
Shield Bearer

Postby Alandriel » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:41 pm

Volcanus: it might be easier for more people to join if they had a better idea of what will be going on. I saw that your thread in the Pony got locked. Inns have not been allowed in the Pony for some time now as Daefaroth told you.
I think you have a good beginning here for a guil - but you need more ideas to get this rolling. Also, quite a number of guilds run their guild in RP format alongside OCC posts. You can check the Nightguards or the Bowmen. This is not meant in any way as critique but on the contrary I hope some pointers might help.
:)
back to lurking :wink:
Alandriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Volcanus » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:53 pm

thanks shadow. and alandriel im always open to suggestions. lets just give this place a bit of time.
Volcanus
Ranger of the North

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth