If you're from South or North Carolina, this guild's for you

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

If you're from South or North Carolina, this guild's for you

Postby balrogthane » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:44 am

Well, I just plowed through the entirety of A & G, and found not a single Guild dedicated to either of our states! So, here's where you can come to post about your life here, experiences, etc. You know, whatever is generally done in these "Where do you live" Guilds. :P

--Members thus far!--
AlexSnitzel
balrogthane
DragonSlayeress
dwarfatheart
eamane_helyanwe
FrodoTook
Gil-Estel
jestre
legolas_is_mineOB
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Maeggaladwen
MithLuin
Nimrodel_89
oldtoby
Sith~Happens1292
(member list last updated 11-2-06)

-(----
Last edited by balrogthane on Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:48 am, edited 10 times in total.
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:01 am

Well I was wondering when someone was going to start one of these for our states.:P All the threads I start seem to die out quickly so I decided to leave it up to someone else.:P

I live in NC so can I join?:D
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby balrogthane » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:15 am

Eh, you don't have an option, Nim. :P If you live in one of these states you're automatically entered just by wandering by! :D
You, however, are the first to arrive. Go you! :horse:

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:26 am

YAY! I love being first.:D Do I get a cookie for being first? :twisted:

So I'm automaticly in the thread. Neat. That takes care of the awkward question stuff that some of the other threads do.:P I wonder how many more TORCers are from NC or SC.

heh. I like the abbreviation of this thread. IyfSoNCtGfy

Looks like someone slipped on the keyboard or something.:P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:04 am

What if you want to live in South Carolina? :P :D

And that is a long title. :shock: I think The Carolinas Guild would be easier...but what do I know? 8)
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:50 pm

South Carolina is prettier then North Carolina. Much prettier.:P

Hmm the CG thread. It is less of a mouth full.:P I still like the abbreviation for this one.:P Even if you do change the name it will always be the IyfSoNCtGfy thread to me.:P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby balrogthane » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:07 pm

If you want to live in South Carolina, you need special permission from a PU (parental unit), which allows you to live near someone you know from SC. :D

Nim-- *tosses chocolate chip cookie* There, happy now? :P

The Carolinas Guild... :| I dunno. CG has such a plain sound to it, while IyfSoNCtGfy is so-- well-- nifteh. :D I mean, what other thread is abbreviated IyfSoNCtGfy? :) The Guild's name will remain unchanged, for a time anyway...

Now, for another burning question: where are we? I vote for a small house up in the mountains on the SC/NC border, towards the West. An old house, made of stone and timber, at the end of a 2-mile driveway up the hillside, overlooking a river and meadow in the back, with a waterfall within easy walking distance and fields of corn around it. Any other ideas (and Elfy doesn't count as she's not a member! [yet =:) ])?

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby HobbitArchitect » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:42 pm

I had a Florida and South-Eastern guild... but no one joined.
I once passed through North-Carolina, but I didnt see much.
Oh well! Congrats on the guild though!
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Maeggaladwen » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:16 pm

I'm from NC, so I guess I can be a member too! I think it's hard to say which is prettier as the region of both states is so varied. It is hard to beat the Appalachain Mountains for pretty anywhere, but I also love the coast. I have to take turns on my jaunts. My favorite time of year at the coast is fall, not so crowded, but still warm, and well... I like the mountains year round and they are closer to me. They're cool in the summer so I go to get a break from the heat and they have more snow than we do here so I go in the winter to get my "snow fix" when I haven't had enough. The leaves are gorgeous in the fall and the wildflowers are incredible in the spring -- whole forest floors of trillium!

I like the description of the house balrogthane -- is it yours? Or just wishful thinking?
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:20 am

Maeggaladwen: Hello there.:D You live near the mountains? Lucky. I wish we were able to move up there but we had to stay close to the base which means I'm not near the mountains or the coast. :(

BT: Sounds like a good place to me.:D Lets be there.:P

HA: Sorry to hear about the thread.:( I don't think I remember seeing that.
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby balrogthane » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:18 pm

HA-- bummer... but I think I did see it, Nim. When I was cruising through the back pages, I saw something like that. :P

Well, Maeg, I wish I could say it was mine. :P I have a boring ranch home in a boring neighborhood, and guess what-- it's a boring town! :D No, that's not mine... but it is modeled after a RL house. :) It's the mountain house of a good friend's family (long story there that I shan't bore you with) and is really just like that. :)

Or, I should say, was just like that. :( The landscape is the same, but the house itself attracted a lightning bolt about a year ago and burned to nothing but the stones... so that's why I want it to be here, so it can be alive once more. :)

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:06 pm

Any other ideas (and Elfy doesn't count as she's not a member! [yet ])?

Ehh?? :shock: Yet? Evil smiley? What's that mean? EH???

Hmmm,maybe I could pretend to live in SC. :wink:
*bites Spiceh*
*shifty eyes*
*runs out*

:P
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Maeggaladwen » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:03 pm

balrogthane I can understand why you'd wish that house back. It sounds perfect with the rustic stone and timber and being set far off the road. The view is perfect too. My dog would agree; she's always wanted her own creek or river in the back yard. We have to be content with a 15 minute walk. I hope your friend's family rebuilds and you get to enjoy it with them. If we get to pick where we are, I'll take your mountain home. Can my dog come too? (golden retreiver -- very house broken)

I'm not in the mountains Nim, but I am in the northwest foothills, so they aren't far and you can see them from here if you're on the right road. In fact, we have our own little mountain "chain" that runs right through our county called the Sauratowns. It's named after a Native American tribe who once lived here. Pilot Mountain and Hanging Rock are part of the "chain" which geologist distinguish from the Appalachains. As you can tell, I'm also near the fictional town of MayBerry, which in real life is Mt. Airy. A wonderful little town I visit quite often. You haven't lived until you've had a pork chop sandwich at the Snappy Lunch on Main St. It's like stepping into 1955.

So Elf-y, you're a South Carolina wannbe? Any particular reason why? Just curious.

Happy weekend, y'all!
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:43 pm

So Elf-y, you're a South Carolina wannbe? Any particular reason why? Just curious.

:shock:
Err...no,no reason. :shock:
*shifty eyes*

I've just heard there's some nice people there.
*nods* :) :wink: 8)
And there'd be more of a chance for moots because I'd be closer to TORCers,I know there are some in Florida and Virginia and Washington are closer,too.
*Shrug*
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:59 pm

BT: Yeah HA bumped it up to the first page again. Looks like we have some competition.:P :wink: I can't stay on one side of a battle though so I'll probably visit that thread too.:P

Maeg: Still sounds better then where I live.:P Even if its not neccesarily in the mountains.:P I would like to visit there someday if that doesn't make me sound to stalkerish. *shifty eyes*

elfy: I see in your sig pic you have one of Seethers songs. I loooooove seether! :shock: Whats your favorite song of thiers?
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:22 pm

elfy: I see in your sig pic you have one of Seethers songs. I loooooove seether! Whats your
favorite song of thiers?

I love Seether,too!! :shock: Especially after seeing them at the Evanescence concert. :wink: My favorite song of theirs is probably Broken...cause Amy Lee's in it and it is it so pretty. Then it would be Driven Under or Gasoline.

Hehe,you know the part in Driven Under that he says "Then she told me she had a gun,it sounded like she'd used it once before"? At the concert(not many people seemed to notice,though me and my brother did),he changed the lyrics a couple times to: " Then she told me she had some gum,it sounded like she'd chewed it once before". :rofl: I loved it! :D
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:38 pm

Yay! Another Seeter fan!:D I'm afraid I didn't see them in concert. :cry: That sounds hilarious though.:P I would have loved to been ther.

You know I like the song Broken but it just sounds so different from all thier other stuff. When they sing it without Amy Lee it sounds more like thier other stuff. Makes me kind of wonder but hey she's what got them known.:D

My favorite song has to be Fine Again. I listen to that one all the time. Really means alot to me. Another one I really like is the one who's title I can't read cause its all scribbled out. Darn these censored cds. We couldn't find one that wasn't censored but still included both versions of Broken and with the DVD that included behind the scene footage and the Broken music video.
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Maeggaladwen » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:38 am

elf-maiden, good enough reason for me. There are some nice people in the Carolinas, but you have to watch out for the occasional nut too.

Nim are you in Fayett-nam? If so, I can understand your unhappiness with NC. Not the part of the state I would want to be in either. But at least you aren't too far from the beach!
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:05 am

Mae: Yup thats the area I live in. Not a fun place at all. Its dirty and busy and the people aren't very nice. And the beach that we're close to isn't a nice beach either. I have nothing going for me here.:P Not to mention I've always been more of a North kind of person. I like the cold weather and the scenery. Not to mention thats where I was originally from.:D
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Maeggaladwen » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:56 pm

I'm sorry Nim. You really do seem to be misplaced, I know it gets hot as blazes down there! I can't imagine the crummy beach though. I love Wrightsville/Carolina/Kure area and over in Southport too. Also, love Atlantic, down through Emerald Isle. I take my dog down twice a year and all of these are pet friendly at one time of the year or year round. We have a blast! Still, if you're a cold weather person, you must have a hard time being happy with the weather as it doesn't get all that cold for very long down there and rarely snows. You need a trip to the Boone area soon, it won't be long before they'll have a snow!
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby legolas_is_mineOB » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:40 am

Oy! Lemme in BT! I'm from NC! [Wo0t!]

I was born in Chapel Hill, and lived in Goldsboro for eight years.

And I can say all this because I'm in Japan now!

But I loved North Carolina. We were about an hour from the beach and our house was so pretty. We had a yard and everything! [stupid I know, but you don't get many yards in Japan. We have a sunken garden bed on the lower balcony. It's some dirt and plants, but it's not a yard!]

And...well...I dunno but I loved it. My mom [who was born in Scotland, and my dad in Nebraska...don't ask me how they ended up in NC but considering mom went to grad school in France and lived in Colorado and even Florida and other random places, NC fits in] swore to my dad that we were moving as soon as my sister and I started talking like North Carolinians. I talked like one as soon as I was talking I think. I still amuse my friends with it. And when I'm really mad or excited, I talk in my Southern accent :oops:

Right! So I was eight by the time she moved me out to Maryland, and it wasn't too strong of an accent because neither of my parents had it and we had a lot of military friends from the Air Force base, but from school I was getting it. It irritated my mother how I split everything into two syllables but hey, she didn't move me out sooner. Probably because my dad left and went to Kansas or something, but...

...Ah this is my life story and it's getting kinda boring now but um...the main point I suppose is that I wanna join!

Heh.

--Lim
legolas_is_mineOB
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:51 am

Oh. :oops: I always thought you WERE Japanese, Lim. :P

Good thing you wanna join, cause... you don't have an option. :twisted: :P If you're from SC or NC you're automatically entered! Nifty, eh? :D

Like your story about the accents. :lol: Down here we talk about our state bird, theCarolina Wren, which sounds like it's saying "Teakettle teakettle teakettle"; the thing we discuss is the Charleston morph of the Wren, which pronounces it, if I may be permitted to exaggerate, "Teakayettle teakayettle teakayettle." :D :D

Nim-- *huggles* I know you're not precisely thrilled with where you live... ask your parents about a vacation up here in [NAME OF TOWN DELETED FOR TOS VIOLATION]! :wink:

If anyone's wondering about moving into the house with animals, there is absolutely no problem... in fact, when it still existed, our friends owned a great big Golden who sounds a lot like yours, Maeg. :) She died many years ago, but the house is certainly ready for another one. :D

Elfy wants to move down here so she can be closer to a certain someone, I think... :wink: :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:07 am

Lim: Cute story.:)

BT: Yes I'm definatly not liking where I'm living (to put it lightly.:P) I'd be happy though to come down to {HAS NO IDEA WHERE ANYONE IS SO THEREFORE CAN"T TAKE A VACATION}. :roll: :P

So its ok to move animals in there? Neat cause I'm an animal freak but my parents aren't so much so I'll bring up all my wish pets.:D

*carrys in a trainfull of dogs, cats, horses, and an elephant.* :P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Tigerlily_Goldworthy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:02 pm

Hey, I know someone in South Carolina... :D

Does that count?

(Besides... there aren't any Wisconsin Guilds running around here... Meh.)
Tigerlily_Goldworthy
Mariner

Postby balrogthane » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:18 pm

Well, you can start one, then! :)

*nudges TG towards that New Topic button* C'mon, it wouldn't be rude... :D

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:04 pm

I've never been to Winsconsin before. Is that the milk state or is that Wyoming?
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:04 pm

Elfy wants to move down here so she can be closer to a certain someone, I think...

Lol. :D *shifty eyes*
I don't know what you're talking about. :P *cough* But my brother,cousins,and aunts and uncles are right there in Florida so I'll be closer to them. :wink: ....And then maybe meet all the SC nuts,cause I heard they're fun. 8)

I've been to Wisconsin,I went to a camp there once. :)
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:01 pm

Ok now I have to ask because I'm really slow and more then likely everyone else gets it and I'm just going to look like an idiot but whats up with the winking and shifty eyes? No secrets here.:P Spill.

*pokes BT and elfy with a stick*
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Tigerlily_Goldworthy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:08 am

What? Elfy's allowed in and I'm not? I can just *feel* the love here. :(

And there's only like three Wisconsinites in the whole of TORC... The Guild would be rather small. :P

Nimrodel_89... Yes, Wisconsin is the Land of Lactose (as Hope calls it in "Hope Was Here"). Wyoming's actually the "Equality State," according to my little chart. If I remember correctly, (Which I probably don't) Wyoming was the first state to let women vote...? Random possibly-true fact.

And ignore Elfy and BT, they're just being strange people. :roll:
Tigerlily_Goldworthy
Mariner

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:29 am

Well maybe you can make a guild for Winsconsin and all the other states around it. That might bring in a few more people.:D And besides I'll come to that thread.:)

That is an interesting fact about Wyoming. If its true that is.:P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Next

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth