The house of Elessar Telcontar

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

The house of Elessar Telcontar

Postby naryatheringoffire » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:03 pm

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless agian shall be king.

In the Guarded city of Gonder known to men as Minas Tirith sits king Elessar of the house of Telcontar on his throne in the tower of Ecthelion behind the seventh gate in the place of the fountain.This is the house of Telcontar, the house of King Elessar and his heirs and the glory of Gondor of old has been renewed and surpassed and we must keep the kingdom of Gondor and Arnor free from peril and protect the heirlooms of this house:

The ring of Barahir

The star of Elendil

The crown of Gondor

The Sceptre of Anumminas

Anduril, the flame of the West

The Red book

The Palantir of Orthanc

The palantir of Minas Tirith

The Palantir of Minas Ithil

Here the line of Nimloth the fair shall be preserved as the lines of the Dunedain of the north shall be preserved and their deeds which are seldom sung or recorded are here remembered in the halls of King Elessar Envinyatar, Lord of the realm of Gondor and Arnor, cheiftain of the Dunedain and one of the nine walkers

Where now are the Dunedain Elessar, Elessar?
Why do thy kinsfolk wander afar?
Near is the hour when the lost should come forth,
And the grey company ride from the north.

Members of this house shall be given ranks according to their requests and their loyalness to the King and his house, the ranks are:

Dunedain of the North

Swan kinght of Dol Amroth

Guard of the tower of Ecthelion

Guard of the White Company of Ithilien

Archer of Morthond

Herb Master of the houses of healing

Tall ships and tall kings
Three times three,
What brought they from over the foundered land
Over the flowing sea?
Seven satrs and seven stones
And one white tree.
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby melianndoriath » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:54 am

As Strider asked Frodo before leaving the House of Elrond on the journey to destroy the One Ring, "I ask leave (once again) to be your companion."

My devotion to King Elessar is strong and unwavering. I pledge my service to him and his house. Although I am no longer a maiden, I am blessed with strength of limb and spirit. I will joyfully give whatever service I can to my beloved and highly honored king.

Meli
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:37 pm

I humbly await your call to service of the King of Gondor and his royal house. Direct me in the way to go and I will take whatever path to me is given.

Meli
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:05 pm

Welcome first maiden of this house you are recieved gladly and though your lord and king has command of his people he does not wish to choose your path for that you must do as he choose his path therefor i say to you the path you choose in this house is but your own be that herbmaster or guard of the tower.Whichever is your choice you are accepted with joy and you shall have honour as first of this house.
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Maeggaladwen » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:02 am

My heart's desire is to live in Middle Earth and serve the king in any way I can. I am no Herb master, but have some knowledge of the lore. May I serve the Herb Master as an apprentice and work toward mastery? I would give any service I am called upon for our king.

<curtsies low in subservience....spreads lavender petals and leaves for their calming effects and to give sweet dreams and refreshing sleep>
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:43 pm

I wish to live in Gondor, in the white city of Minas Tirith, or prehaps Ithilien, so to be by my benefactores, Eowyn Shieldarm. I would be honored to be a part of thy court. I am a maiden, but skilled with the bow.
Might I be of the gaurd of Ithilien?
*curtsies low, and withdraws to await the kings answer.*
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby HobbitArchitect » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:57 pm

*bows and kneels*
My name you majesty, is Samwise Took!
It would be my honor tto serve Gondor and the King Elessar, until I am released from service, or death take me.
I am skilled with the bow best and I know much Herblore.
*awaits kings reply*
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Amonfur » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:09 pm

My lord my name is Maethor in the elven tongue. I would be happy to serve King Elessar. I think I would be good as a guard of the tower of Ectheloin. I await your reply.
Amonfur
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Amonfur » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:10 pm

My lord my name is Maethor in the elven tongue. I would be happy to serve King Elessar. I think I would be good as a guard of the tower of Ectheloin. I await your reply.
Amonfur
Citizen of Imladris

Postby melianndoriath » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:21 pm

It is with great joy and deep devotion that I accept the title and responsibility of guard of the tower of Ecthelion. I have some skill with a sword and will use my life and skill for my king. Thanks be to my gracious Lord for allowing me to choose my own path. I am honored to be the first to offer myself in his service. May all that I do be pleasing to King Elessar!!

Meli curtsies, then runs off to sharpen and polish her sword. Hello Maeg and HobbitArchitect!
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:39 am

May the sun shine above you, my host, and may these words be welcomed! I am of Elven kin, namely from the Noble House of Fingolfin, but I have been always close to humans, tough I have never understodd them completely. I ask now for a shelter and the occasion to fight into the King's honour !
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:08 pm

Welcome all to the house of Elessar you shall be honoured above all others for you have come to serve your king before all others and the king shall show his gratefulness before the end.

maeggaladwen - You shall become one of the apprentices of Queen Arwen lady of Gondor and my heart tels me that you shall become a herb master of great renown in this house

Maranwe-Ar-Feniel - To the guard of Ithilien you have asked to be appointed and it is with great joy that i say you shall be high amoung that guard indeed you shall be of the guard of Faramir a honour many would fight for and thought you be a maiden i see you proving your worth to the lord Faramir and I.

Samwise Took - Greetings i have no doubt of your skill in battle for i have seen your kind before in arms and they are a hardy folk and also a wise folk in their own manner therefor i give to you the choice to be a valient captain of archers or a captain in the kings councils.Soon enough if you prove as worthy as Meriadoc the Magnificent or even as tough as nine fingered Frodo you may be a captain of both.

Maethor - It brings me great joy to meet someone who also speaks the noble language of Elves in these days and even more so one who asks to serve therefor i say to you of the tower of Ecthelion you shall be and you shall be the captain of the first company.

None_Elf_Ear - It is rae to see an elf of such noble heritage in middle earth in these days and so i welcome you the more so may i suggest that you ride with the dunedain whom the sons of elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, your kin.
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Amonfur » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:26 pm

Thank you my lord for excepting me. I shall serve with all my heart. And do my best as captain.
Amonfur
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:33 pm

Thank you, Sire, for my post as Faramirs gaurd. I shall strive to be worthy of the post.
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:17 am

I bow my head in deep respect and thankfullness for the mission you have trusted me. I shal follow it with honour and devotement :)
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:44 pm

You shall be rewarded in the end when the world is rid of evil and you can live in peace in the wide lands of the kingdom of Gondor and Arnor and the lands of middle earth.Now be rested in the house of Elessar for the time to destroy all evils left in the world has not yet come.
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Maeggaladwen » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:27 pm

<Maeg curtsies deeply and presents to naryatheringoffire
a bouquet of small, white bell flowers to signify her gratitude>

I am humbled and delighted to have been chosen as an apprentice to the beautiful Queen Arwen. I will do my best to become a worthy herbalist. It is an honor to serve in King Elessar’s house.
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:14 am

I also am delighted to have you as a healer of this house may you heal all wounds with dignity for as long as may be
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:46 am

Now, could your ally know what necessities there are to be fullfilled, and how kis keen sword and swift arrows could serve hime ?

Or maybe you need my healing gift, which happily I'd use if you ask me this.
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Gawain » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:00 pm

Sire, I wish to live in Gondor, in Particular Dol Amroth by the sea(hey I'm from NJ and I can't imagine not living by the sea).
I will serve you loyally as a Swan knight serving the Great Lord Imharil. I am skilled in the lance, and sword(I took fencing(saber) until I left for college) and on the horse(cousins own a horse farm in Colts neck NJ, spent summers there riding)
Gawain
Citizen of Imladris

Postby naryatheringoffire » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:23 am

Gawain: To Dol Amroth you shall go and be welcomed as one of Prince Imrahils guard, may you lance and your sword serve him well.

None_Elf_Ear: I see many things in my land and about it. What i see troubles my heart therefor i summon a council and bid all to come to it. Do not worry for your sword and your healing hands will find work enough soon.
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:42 am

There I shall be, at any hour you might want to call me :)

My help will be in your service, and I shall run for you if needed, strike for you if that is fair, and heal for you if those who are souffering ask me this.
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:19 pm

I have heard talk of a council being called. If I can be of assistance, please send word to me. The Tower of Etchelion remains secure, guarded by those who hold King Elessar in their hearts and sharp swords in their hands.
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:00 am

It seems word spreads quickly through my city and yes i bid you also to come Melian for the tower of the guard shall have a part to play in this i ask of you now to find the other captain and send word of a council of the realms of Gondor and Arnor in 2 days time.
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby melianndoriath » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:26 am

I am sending the most able messangers on swift steeds to carry word of the council. I trust that their journey throughout Gondor and Arnor will be safe and all companies needed will be assembled in 2 days time.
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:21 am

My lord, my name is Jalkirya, and I wish to be of service to you and to your people as a Herb Master (mistress...whatever... :roll:), and humbly work in the Houses of Healing. Please permit me to vow to you my unfailing devotion and loyalty. *curtsies respectfully*
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:27 pm

Shieldmaiden_pippin welcome to the house of Elessar you are a gift to our people and it is a joy to find one who heals the hurt of swords rather than adds to it, may your days as a healer be joyous.

Now i begin this councl of war: I see many thing in my land and about it for it is now known that 3 of the palantir remain yet also my dreams have been troubled of late for it came to me in a vision that the dark Lord before his fall intended to make a stronghold once again of Angband. I have seen many orcs their under one dark Lords leutenants. This army i have seen being marshalled and made war ready for they have had no news of the fall of their master and assuming his victory they prepare for an assault in the kingdom of Arnor. They will strike first on the Halflings of the shire and this i cannot let be for they are a merry folk and should not be part of the woes of war and i also have four companions of great renown abiding there. So i ask when can an army of Gondor and Arnor be marshalled my captains?
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby melianndoriath » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:34 am

Not all messangers have returned, Narya, and they do not know of the peril of which you speak. Should we send more riders through the land or should the beacons be lit?
Although guarding the Tower is my duty and honor, I will do whatever you ask in the name of King Elessar and for Gondor.

Meli bows deeply and offers her sword.
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby ladyofrohirrim » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:34 pm

*curties* I come from the land of Rohan, and I wish to ride now for King Elessar, honoring the friendship of Rohan and Gondor. My name is Telperyn and I offer my spear. I certainly hope that myself and my horse are not too late to serve his royal highness.
ladyofrohirrim
Ranger of the North

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth