The Mirkwood Elven Alliance - Quest in the Pony in the works

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Aurelin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:16 am

LOL! That was very very cute!
All school systems get worse as the time goes by, this is another thing I've noticed. Like the 3 year bachelors degree change from the usual 4 we had a few years ago, it was silly, even though they spoke of making the system compatible with other European systems, they are all different and as much as I have gathered, half have 3 years and half have 4. So all in all they changed the bachelors degree to some overall higher education which does not give you any specific skills of the subject you're majoring in. I am so glad that when I went to the uni, we had the 4+2 system! :)

:roll: Aurelin :roll:
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Phantom of the Opera, among other things

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Ah! Yes, 4-week vacations for employees are heard of here in the U.S. :)

Really? 3-year degrees? Our system seems to be going the other way - 5-year degrees.

I was introduced to the Phantom of the Opera recently, and i absolutely love it!

So when is our RP supposed to get started?
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Anybody there?

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:54 pm

Hello? I'm getting lonely. Anybody there?

Namarie!
~Alassemiire Arineel
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Im still here
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:50 am

I am here as well. Oh, and if you are bored, you might want to check out my latest dress: 20s flapper style! click
(You can tell that it is shameless self-promotion and wish not to make the post a one-liner, don't you! :lol:)

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Very Nice

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:22 pm

You're quite a good designer/seamstress, Aurelin. :)
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01 am

I haven't posted in here since the 4th of May? That should be a crime! :shock: :whistle:

I've seen Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End a total of three times.. I adore it! The ending and the scene after the credits get me every time. I love Will and Elizabeth. :love:

Hey Arineel, long time no see! I had no idea you were the same age as me! I'll be starting college in the fall as well. And you were homeschooled too? Awesome. 8)

I need to take some time to read some of the old Mirkwood RP posts! I don't have any of them saved on my computer, but I do have a bookmark to the previous thread, which was started in 2003. I can't believe how long ago that was! It would be amusing to see how my writing style has evolved since then. If it has at all. :rofl:

And I am doing well! Beth has two emails that I know of: bethrael7@yahoo.com, which is his really old email, and a new one at gmail, bethrael@gmail.com. I'd use the gmail one, as he emails me with that and I'm pretty sure he uses it more often.

And yes, we are still together! We just celebrated the 2 year anniversary of the day we met (in real life), on the 20th. Then of course our relationship started online, and in October it'll be 5 years! It's astonishing how time passes so quickly. At least, that's how it seems to me.

Shorty, I LOVE icanhascheezburger! :yippie:

Aurelin, lovely dresses and outfits, as always. ;) :D

Well, as far as my life goes, I'm finally finished with High School.. my last day was May 31st, and I graduated with a 4.0 GPA (grade point average), which means straight A's! I got my Diploma earlier this month, and when I did it really hit me, "Wow, High School is over!"

I've been hunting for a summer job all month, but I haven't heard from any of the places I've applied for yet. I have a long list I'm going down of potential places to work, though, so hopefully something will happen soon!

As for college, I'll be doing my freshman year online (although I'm not yet sure which online college I'll be doing it through.. yeaaah), and after that I hope to go to a University. I also changed my mind about my major again - what I really want to do is become a writer, so I will most likely be majoring in English/Language Arts, or another major related to writing.. it depends. I have to figure out what my options are. Also, I want my minor to be History of some sort. :D

:bookworm:

Also, Arineel had a good question.. when are we starting the RP? I think we should start ASAP, as the summer is already starting to fly by, and I really miss RPing.

:horse:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Aurelin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:35 am

Thanks guys! :D

:clap: Congratulations to Lin for finishing high school and to Lin and Beth for the anniversary! *showers both with cakes, flowers and berry wine* ;).

I am ready to start the RP anytime! :)

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:29 pm

Hey Aurelin! :hihi: Thanks! :hug:

That's awesome about the RP, now we've just got to get Shorty, Robin, Arineel, and Tanwen (though I haven't seen her in quite a while) over here, and we'll be set, I think! :)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby short_as_a_hobbit » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:35 pm

I'm here. Sorry i haven't posted i was off meeting internet friends from an mmorpg that i play and going to a wedding in Washington state. I'm way ok with starting RP up again. YAY. it's so wierd to meet interntet friends in RL. but awesome. Anyway i'll be back for a while so RP sounds awesome
Shorty
short_as_a_hobbit
Shield Bearer

Postby Legolas_Ringelf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:43 am

*bounces in*

Hi, can I join? Clerics and muscians as groups please.

Oh, and I'm not sure if anyone remembers me but I was once part of the Mirkwood Elven Alliance...though it may have been quite some time ago. I believe, due to the number of "Legolases" that I was known as Ringelf or Ringy.

~Ringie~
Legolas_Ringelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:27 pm

Sure I rember you, Ringie! :D Long but not that long a time ago, :lol:. I added you to the groups requested.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:30 pm

Hey Ringelf! :hihi: I definitely remember you. Welcome back to Mirkwood! :D

So, Aurelin and Shorty? Should we email Robin, Tanwen, and Arineel about the RP? What do you think? I can ask Beth to come back and post. :)

:horse:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Aurelin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:07 pm

Sure, that sounds good! :) If we do not do it now, we'll never get the RP started ;). Although I must warn you beforehand that next week will be pretty crazy for me...just in case, if things start moving at Shadowfax-speed suddenly, so you'll know I have not disappeared somewhere.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:02 pm

Whoo! TORC is finally back! I'm so glad Jon fixed everything. :yippie: :TORC:

Yes, I agree! Do you have everyone's emails? I think I've forgotten all but Robin's, since she emailed me a while back and I have it saved. It's fine if you're a bit busy! I've been really busy lately, and most likely won't be around from the 1st to the 3rd of August. ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Aurelin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:34 am

Ok, let me check the address-book of my hotmail account:
I have an add for Alassemiire and then yours and Shorty's but that is all :o.

Indeed, thanks to Jon for getting us back up and running! I was reminded of the old times when the forums collapsed more often and how everyone was really freaked out...I was not a lot less upset this time around either.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby short_as_a_hobbit » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi Ringie, I remember you too! it has been a long time. Sorry I've been gone but I was out of state, and then Torc was gone. Has anything started yet? If I'm gone for a while email me. I don't know if you know my new email at Gmail, if you haven't i'll post it, just let me know.
Shorty
short_as_a_hobbit
Shield Bearer

I'm here!

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:59 pm

Hi Ringy! I'm not sure if I remember you or not, but either way, welcome back!

I start school Aug. 16, so be ye all warned. I will try to at least get on weekends, though. The sooner we can start the RP, the better! Oh, my e-mail hasn't changed, btw, so what is in the council address book should be correct.
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:41 pm

Hullo!

I haven't been here in aaaages, and I'm afraid I won't be able to resume regular posting yet. I'm finishing up high school and my final exams are in October/November, but after that I'm free, and I'll try to be back here regularly. I miss the RP-ing. :(

I've been having a really stressful, rough time over the past few months, but it'll all be over soon.

Now I have to go and write an essay for English.

Toodles!
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:19 pm

Suilad everyone! I'm down at college, now!

Namarie!
~Alassemiire Arineel
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Postby short_as_a_hobbit » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:19 am

Lol Arineel! I am too!
let me tell you all how silly i am. I couldn't log on to the ezboards for the longest time, because I thought my password was something other than what it was. and i was convinced I had it right, but my computer's been remembering it for so long that I had no idea how to get back on. BE CAREFUL TELLING YOUR COMPUTER TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!! or you'll end up like me... running outside to find something that it's ok to break....lol
Anyway the reason I said that whole story was that i was trying (and have now succeeded) to start a new thread in the council forum. So if those of you who are in the council could go check it out that'd be great.
anyway we should really get stuff started... my fingers are telling me they want rp
Shorty
short_as_a_hobbit
Shield Bearer

Postby Aurelin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:45 pm

Hiya all! :)
I replied to the post, Shorty! :) LOL about the password mess, yep, I had trouble with the council password a few months ago since I had not used it for about a year and I had not allowed my compy to remember it either ;). Thank the stars for e-mails with such important information.

Enjoy your time at the college, you two! :D

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby short_as_a_hobbit » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:06 pm

meep it's been forever since the last post. how are the school years going? I'm in the midst of a play right now (i get to be Puck!!!) i miss you all how are you doing?
short_as_a_hobbit
Shield Bearer

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:43 pm

Heyla everyone! :hihi: It's been nearly three months since I last posted, I can't believe it. :shock:

Aurelin (and everyone else for that matter), do you have my new email? I've switched to gmail, so now you can email me at Linteannaiel@gmail.com.

Shorty, I posted in your thread in the Council Forum! :horse:

Tanwen, I hope you'll have more time for TORC soon! I really miss the RPing too. Good luck with finishing high school (that is, if you're still in high school.. July was quite a while ago), I know what that's like!

I haven't begun my online college courses yet, but I will be somewhere within the next two months, probably in December when the new semester starts. I miss being in school and studying so much, it's not even funny!

:bookworm:

Let's hope we can get the RP going very soon. :D ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Aurelin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:48 am

Nope, Lin, I had the old yahoo one. Thanks, I updated my contacts list! :)

I hope everyone's school semesters are going well (or shall, in Lin's case :P)! Work's been thankfully slow for me, well, compared to what it shall become in a month or month-and-a-half. I so so behind in my reading - the pile of books at hope that I want to read keeps growing - but anime and movies are going well enough.
Writing too...

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:39 am

Helloooooo?
*echoes back at Tanwen*
Well, I finished my exams finally. In Australia (all states here, I think) we finish High School in November, Lin. And next month I find out if my marks are high enough for Law.
And so... If the thread and RP still sort of exists.... I'm ready to start participating again. :)
It's basically the only writing I'll be doing probably (isn't it amazing how one crushing speech from a high school teacher can totally change your views on yourself?)
So..... Is anybody there? :?
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:14 pm

Hello all,

Sorry i havent been around lots of things have been going on in my life and it starting to calm down now.

I hope you all can forgive me and i promess to come around more often.

So hows everyone been any way? Hows the RP comming along I hope i didn't cause any problems with nmy being gone for so long.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:49 pm

I knew I should've checked this thread sooner! No one posted for practically a month after Aurelin, so I haven't bothered for a while. ;)

Tanwen, congrats on finishing exams! The RP thread does indeed exist, and if everyone's up for it, I'd love to get started. I think we're all about ready, yes? :D

Robin, don't worry! You haven't caused any problems, because we've yet to begin. The time has come to get going, I think. 8)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:34 pm

Lin- I still have all my notes for the quest... suprisingly enough that same notebook kept poping up in my room over this last year or so since I first jotted that info down. :bookworm:

Ohh and back inthe spring my mommy preordered a life sized cut out of Capt. Jack from the third movie. So now I have my Jack living in my bedroom. He really came in handy when i was left alone for a entyre week end it was to quiet and lonly.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:06 am

Woohoo! This'll be fun!
It's been so long since I last RP-ed. I hope I haven't gone rusty. :wink:

Hey Robin, in a store near my house there is a life size Captain Jack STATUE! 3D and painted and standing outside the store every day, for sale...
Oooohh......
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth