The Mirkwood Elven Alliance - Quest in the Pony in the works

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:35 am

Tanwen- That sounds soo kool!

Oh Santa......... I know what I want for Xmass..... :angel:

My youngest daughter has a very powerfull emagionation. Since she dosn't know who her "real" father is (with an Extreamly good reasion). She has replaced him with her "emagionary" Father...Will Turner (Regardless of that fact that she says that the hunky Captain is my BF :P ). Well I honestly dont mind it because she will tell me storys about 3 miles long about where her "dad" is and what hes been doing. Like right now he up at the North Pole helping Santa get ready for Xmass... Though i dont like the fact that she is blaming the things she gets into trouble for with saying"My dady taught me how to do ..such and such" I just look at her and tell her"Well im going to have a LONG talk with him cause thats NOT how a young lady should Act!"...

Ahh kids.. She's going to be turning 5 here shortly..

My eldest is 10 now and was freeking out with the lowest grade on her report card being a 79.. I think its the first time her grades went below an 80( Passing here is 64.5). She is now in the insluin Pump to controle her blood sugar better.. I cant beleave that its been around 5 years since she was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabeaties.

well thats the only update i have on me... I hope everyone starts comming back around soon ... I miss RPGing with you all.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:08 am

That's cute about your daughter Robin! ^_^
How did the 'imaginary-Will-Turner-dad' begin?

Okey dokeys, so where is our RP beginning again? At the start of Robin's quest? We all set out and head... north is it?
What's stopping the RP from commencing? Are we waiting for someone?
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:06 pm

Tan-It started last year some time.. cause she is always seeing my WT POTC poster..(the one from the first movie where hes all wet :love: ).

And the last i heard the Rp starts up with meeting with the king about going onthe quest.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Isilwen_Inglorin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:28 pm

Hello ladies and gents, I have returned! Sorry I've been absent sooo long RL has kept me incredibly busy.
How's things been here in Mirkwood?
Isilwen_Inglorin
Shield Bearer

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:28 pm

Well, as you can see it's been very quiet.
I'm ready to start the RP as soon as everyone else is.
Is everyone else ready?
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:57 pm

Oh come on, guys!
Can't we get this ball rolling?
Have you all forgotten? :cry2:
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Hello everyone! I'm actually experiencing a lull in my homework and I thought I'd stop by. Have we set up anything in the Prancing Pony yet? I believe there used to be a link to a thread that said "under construction" and the link is no longer there. I definitely think that we need to get moving with this...I'm getting a little concerned about the health of this guild, and I think if we don't do something we're going to die. Which would make me very sad. :(
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Let's Start Talking

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:43 am

All right, let's see if we can't get a discussion going. One of the few visual images the movies provided that I was disappointed in was the white ship at the grey havens. I thought it looked more like a fishing boat than something that could actually sail across an ocean. Any thoughts?
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Linteannaiel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 am

Hey Arineel! Thanks for resurrecting the thread. We sure needed that.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long! Honestly, I wish we'd been able to get the RP going back in December, but I was under a lot of stress that month (read: Christmas), and we had a death in the family (an uncle) at the end of December, which is an obvious reason for not being here in January. Because of everything in real life, I haven't been on TORC at all for ages.

I wonder where Aurelin and Shorty are? I'll have to try and dig up their emails and give them a bit of a nudge.

P.S. Arineel, I do have the links to the "under construction" Prancing Pony threads, and they are working just fine. The main thing I think right now is to gather everyone up, get on at the same time, and get the RP going! This is going to take a few emails, I think. ;)

This thread will never die! Not while I'm around. I won't let it die. :rofl:

As far as the white ship at the Grey Havens goes, I rather liked it. It was certainly pretty. I could never logically look at it and say, "That could never cross an ocean." It is, after all, a fantasy, and perhaps the ship is able to make the journey through some sort of Elvish magic.. or Eru's got power over it. 8)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Aurelin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:23 am

Hee, I am around and lurking ;)! Life's just so busy with work and all my interests. There is also a relationship that keeps me on my toes and where I am not sure we stand now, so that also rendered me pretty incapable of things that need concentration ;). It has gotten calmer now but I am still kind of out there :P.
As to RP - I have no idea whether I can find time to participate as I would like to - because I want to do it properly not in a lukewarm way. I guess we'll see, there is nothing but actual trying-out that will show how it shall be.

Lin, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle :hug:!

As to the White Ship - I had something bigger in mind when I read the books but it might have been because not long after the first movie they began making POTC and those images were at that time "a ship" for me.

:roll: Aurelin :roll:
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:43 pm

Hey Aurelin! It's great to have you back! :D Thank you, I do miss my uncle very much. :hug:

I completely understand about being busy in real life. If you don't have enough time for the RP yet, I'm sure we can wait a bit longer. In the meantime, we should just try to keep the guild alive! That is the most important thing, I think. ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Aurelin » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Thank you but I don't know if being busy with RL will diminish in degree, therefore starting it for example now or in a month would not change much! :) I'll just have to see whether I can make time for it ;).
I wrote a little half a year ago too but in the last months I've gotten nothing done because I went straight from Christmas rush to the relationship strangeness :P.

:roll: Aurelin :roll:
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:53 pm

I suppose it all depends, then! We'll just have to see which way the wind blows. ;)

I think the last thing I wrote for the RP (aside from edits to the Prancing Pony threads) were two new bios for me and Beth. I haven't made very much progress. :whistle: :P
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Suilad Lin and Aurelin! It is good to see you both again! I agree, RL probably isn't ever going to slow down again...everyone older than me keeps telling me it's only going to speed up, so if we don't take time now, when will we? Although I must say that until Friday I have a few tests I have to study for...

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle, Lin. :(

I don't know, when I read the books I hadn't even heard they were working on the movies, and I always pictured it more of a ship, especially since a lot of the ships seemed like they were supposed to be carrying many more elves. One of my friends suggested the white ships could have been like the Norse longboats, which I suppose is a possibility. I guess I was always thinking more in terms of a Frigate - a beautiful sailing ship with sleeker lines than the more tubby boats you see in Pirate movies. :P
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Weeping Willows

Postby Alassemiire_Arineel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 am

As I look down the long list of guild names on the first page here at Tolkien Online, I am grieved to find MEA on the front page, not having been updated since March. Alas, the glory days of TORC are but a memory now.

How is everyone doing? I just finished another semester and thought I'd come wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Alassemiire_Arineel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Linteannaiel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:20 am

Wow, it's hard to believe I haven't posted here since March of last year. It's quite sad how little I've been on TORC in the past year, though it looks like I haven't missed much in the MEA, at least. It really becoming empty, isn't it? There's no harm in trying to revive the thread, though! :D

It's good to see you again, Arineel! I'm sorry I missed your last two posts. I've been doing well, how have you been?
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:24 am

Gosh I haven't been here in years!! :Q I can't believe it!!

So great to see you posting again Lin!! :hug: I hope that you are surviving winter well. Has it been cold where you are yet?

Oh and I didn't get the chance to tell you, I don't think, my folks moved to California in October or early November. They are down in Mather living with my sister and her fella. Who knows I might have to come down that way for a visit and stop in and see you along the way if it isn't too far out of the way. :D
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Oh my gosh, VANA!! This is probably the last place I expected to see you. ;) It's great to have you here in Mirkwood again! You've been missed. :hug:

The weather has been quite cold here, but I am surviving winter well. Lately it does seem to be getting warmer! It's just right for me at the moment, which is nice. 8) How is the weather in Washington? Hope you're staying warm!

That is very cool about your folks moving to California! I'm not quite sure where Mather is, but I live in Yuba City, which is about an hour north of Sacramento. My mom and I may be moving soon, though, within the next few months. It would be lovely to have you for a visit regardless! :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:49 pm

I believe that Mather is by Sacramento!

I think the idea of you and your mom moving is a cool idea. How is your gramma taking it?? You know she will miss you?? But that is so exciting to be so much closer to James. ** squeeeeeeeeeeeee** :clap: :happydance:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:15 am

Ah, that's awesome! If you do visit your folks while I'm still living here, you'll be quite close. 8)

I think so too! My grama is taking it very well, in fact, all three of us pretty much thought of it together! She wants mom and I to be able to move out and have our wings, especially now that I'm 20. If we do move, she will miss us, but we'll still talk to her all the time and visit her often, of course. :D

It is definitely exciting to be moving closer to James! It will be such a nice change. :yippie:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:18 am

So what town are you thinking of moving to?? I don't think you mentioned it. I am not sure where James lives either so I don't know which way you are moving. How will I ever find you two again?? :shock: :P I know you will keep in touch!! :D :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:50 pm

Haha, Vana! :rofl: Don't worry, I would never leave you in the lurch. ;) :P We're thinking of moving to the Santa Rosa area, which is where James lives. At the moment, he lives in Rohnert Park, but he and his family are actually also moving soon, probably in March, so I'm not sure yet exactly where they'll be living when they move, but I do know they'll be in that area, so yes. :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:46 pm

Hey there Girls. Long time no see hows things goin in here?
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Isilwen_Inglorin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Hey everyone, how have things been?
Isilwen_Inglorin
Shield Bearer

Postby Lasgalen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 am

LOL! I haven't been here in about 7 years, when I was a council member!

Anybody still checking in? I still talk to Tindomiel on Facebook ^_^
Lasgalen
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:40 am

Hey there folks!!!

Lasgalen I have not seen you around for a while. How you doing hon????
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tindomiel.of.Lorien » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:40 pm

oh my, its been forever...... Vana, I cant believe you still post here! talk about dedicated! My husband is going to flip his lid when I tell him about my days at the Mirkwood Elven Alliance and being a Council Member. He'll never let me live it down! Ah... memories
Tindomiel.of.Lorien
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Tinny I may be the only member of TORC who has never left even for a while. I am still around and I still pop in now and then just to keep folks talking.

How have you been hon???? So you are married now?? Did you meet him here or away from the boards??

I am married now to someone from here on the boards. I am so very happy now and we are so in love. We have been together now for like almost 8 years and married for a year and a half now. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tindomiel.of.Lorien » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:20 pm

We got legally married in October and are still planning our ceremony. I met him on myspace actually, lol. We've been together for two years now and hoping to have some babies in the not too distant future :D

that's so sweet! I'm so happy for you!
Tindomiel.of.Lorien
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:46 pm

You are a very beautiful couple hon!!! Thank you!!! We are both very happy and feel very blessed to have found each other. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth