hello anyone out there

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

hello anyone out there

Postby LadyAnathria » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:19 pm

hello anyone wanna chat :)
LadyAnathria
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Arwenelf » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:15 am

Welcome LadyAnathria!

This probably isn't the best foroum for this type of thread. The 'Talk' Forum would be a better place, or even 'Tom's House'. You should check out the 'adoption' forum as well.

Feel free to check out any of the guild's and alliances, there is probably at least one with you interests.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:00 am

Welcome to TORC (the address of this message board- TheOneRing.Com ). Arwenelf is right that this particular forum of the message boards is not the place to start a conversation. I'll provide you with a few links to places to help you learn the ropes of this place.

First off is Hobbituk's Homely House. It's one of the Adoption threads. It's a place for new people to meet and talk with the older folks of the board. http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=85410

The Bard's Guild is one of the oldest Guilds (gathering of people with similar interests) on the boards. These people all like to read and write poetry. All very friendly and willing to welcome someone. http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=86452

There are a multitude of other guilds. The Twilight Guild, for those that prefer the dusk and night. Guilds for those that are from a particular region (North/South Carolina, for example). Guilds for those that all share the same posting banner (look to the left of your post, you see the blue wizard dude. That can be changed by going to the My Settings link at the top of the page), such as Rangers or Mordorians.

The Philosophy Forum is for friendly argument/debate of any issues. There are many topics you may find there.

The Welcome Forum is an introduction place, where you may find many other people just coming to the boards or old folks that enjoy the friendly atmosphere. If you enjoy Role-Played stories, the Lucky Fortune Inn is the place for you to start. http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=80116

One admonition I will give, just remember we are a family site, and therefore, try to keep your posts to a rating of PG13 or milder.

I hope to see you around the boards, LadyAnathria.

OrionHR

Edit: thanks Luthy for getting me to notice that. Have to add the new URL to my Addy book.
Last edited by Hidden_Ring on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:50 am

Hello LadyAnathria! Follow Arwenelf and HR's good advice and you'll be off to a great start here :)

Psst -- Orion -- theonering.com isn't exactly the former url anymore... *points to url bar*
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth