Sewing/Costuming Guild, part II

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby MithLuin » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:43 pm

Congrats, undomiel! That is a nice name :)

My current project is my niece's baptismal gown. She's being baptized on Sunday, so I need to get to work on it ASAP. ;) I've started it, but the front of it has smocking, so it'll take awhile. My mom already made the bonnet to go with it, and it's very cute. I know I never have pictures of my stuff, but since I'm going to put a baby in this one, I think someone will take pictures ;).

Oh, and my niece's name is Sophia Rose, so I def. like Fiona's middle name ;).
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:38 am

Congratulations Undi!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I haven't been sewing much lately, but I've been doing a TON of knitting. A friend of mine is due in September so I'm working on a cardigan and a yoda hat for her baby. :whistle: The only way to ensure a kid grows up to be a geek is to start them at a young age... :D

I'm also working on a dozen or so other things :P but I won't bore you all with them. I've just been SO busy and I missed you guys! :grouphug:
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Aurelin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:59 pm

Congratulations, undomiel! :hug:
I'm really late with this of course :o, since I was not sewing, I kept away from this place (I'd have felt even more guilty hearing of your projects). I think it might have been the quite-mind-messing relationship that I had in the beginning of the year and then fighting myself trying to get myself to accept that it is over that took all my energy so that I was unable to concentrate on anything that took a longer time.

But in the last few weeks I have gotten the spark back, the need to sew/knit/whatever.
I have some T-shirt embroidery in mind - with references to certain animes/mangas; then a coat perhaps - if I can't find anything like that in the stores...or in my closet and a long scarf.
The last two are because of this amazingly beautiful character from a breathtakingly lovely manga-and-anime Nabari no Ou. Yoite is his name. I was searching for his hat today in the stores and in the end, in the last shop, found it.

But here is what I have made:
presents for a Japanese friend who was here in the summer and really interested in our language and culture. These keyring and phone straps are embroidered with patterns from our folk costumes.

:roll: Aurelin :roll:
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:54 am

What thoughtful presents!

As promised, here are a couple of pictures of my niece, wearing her smocked silk baptismal gown. It being silk, and it being July, the poor baby was rather warm and unhappy most of the time she was wearing it. But it was pretty ;)

Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest...

Baby

Baptism

Crying

And just for fun, My sister and I trying on headdresses at RenFaire :)

Aurelin, I saw an anime coat that immediately made me think of you. The anime is Samurai 7, and the character is Kyuzo. :)
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby GwenElf » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:51 am

Kyuzo does have a cool coat!! :love:

Aurelin-- I've got Nabari no O on my list of shows to watch now! It just keeps getting longer and longer. :D Cute phone strap and key ring, too!! :)

Mith-- Chain maille headdresses are fun!!! I've got one somewhere that I made myself, but apparently I used some metal that actually shouldn't be against your skin for too long.. not healthy. *twitch* Whoops. :P

Lots of sewing projects planned here, but nothing actually happening yet. I got a part-time job (one and a half jobs, actually), which is great for fabric money, but no so much for time. I've also got an anime coat planned :D, though not quite in the style of Aurelin. ;)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Aurelin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:36 pm

:) Oh, nice coat! :D (however, it is the kind that looks good when you're standing still!;))

Nabari is so beautiful, kind of depressing in a way but they mix some humour in from time to time, so it is alright overall.

I should take a pic of the finished scarf, it is so light and fluffy (I used no 12 knitting needles). I found a coat that was ok from the stores, now the only thing (if I get to it) is to make a new belt for it to be long enough to be tied into a bow at the back.

Lovely dress for the baby! :)

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Let's try this again...silly computer eating my post!

It is true that anime characters, being animated, can do all sorts of crazy stuff in their costumes and still look good. The wind might do crazy stuff to their hair, but not usually to their coats ;). In real life...not so much.

I did buy a long black suede coat at a thrift store recently. It's quite lovely - I can't wait until it's cold enough to wear it ;).

Well, on to ALEP! I have discovered that wearing costumes to events assures that other people will take my picture ;). I wore 4 different costumes over the course of 2 1/2 days. It was a *blast* - for one thing, rural Kentucky is a lot like the Shire ;). There were some amazing costumes there, but I'm just going to talk about mine because I can ;).

I don't have any photos of my simplest outfit, because I only wore it late at night - it was a white lacy dress (from a thrift store) underneath my starry mantle (well, for me, that's a blue fleece hooded cloak with a silver star clasp thingy.) The only interesting part of the outfit is the clasp - I sewed two large buttons on the shoulders, and then ran a chain necklace between them. I suppose I was Finduilas, Faramir's mother.

I also made a simple hobbit-like outfit, because I wanted to dress as a hobbit for Bilbo's party. It consisted of a full circle skirt that I already had, and a peasant blouse from Ecuador. My first sewing project was a grey corduroy bodice, but I just made it straight from the pattern so it was ill-fitting. I adjusted it to fit better for this party by taking in the side seams and a little from the side back seams as well (it's back-lacing).

Resting on a bench

Dancing

Edit: Lots more dancing pictures, though I'm not sure why you'd want to see them. They only demonstrate that I couldn't pick up a reel after being taught quickly! I tried to put them in order, but I'm not sure if they are. The couple who went after us (last row of pics) looks so much more graceful, for some reason.....
2, 3, 4,
5, 6, 7, 8, 9,
10, 11, 12,
13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19,20,21

On Friday, I wore my two elf costumes. During the day, I was a wood-elf, an outfit I recycled (and modified) from the Gathering. So, it may look a bit familiar:

Waving goodbye to the boat Note 'Easy Rider' Aragorn behind me ;).

Still waving This one is blurrier, but you can see the whole outfit better. The costume on the far right is Farmer Giles - cool, huh? The same person had a Tom Bombadil costume as well.

Group shot, from the hike You cannot tell, but there is a sheer cliff drop off behind us.... You can see the boots best in this picture.

Edit:
Elves are taller than hobbits, you know. A back shot, showing the knife.

Side View

And another of me in the woods (prob the best)

The costume consists of: boots I bought at a normal store, brown capri pants, a green fake suede (moleskin) sleeveless undertunic, a scrap piece of beautiful leather as a belt/smock thingy, a knife, a brown embossed (w/ a leaf pattern) fake suede full circle shoulder piece (I don't know what to call this, but it shows up on, say, what the pope wears), a smaller and heavier cotton moleskin piece on top of that, and fake leather armbands laced with twine. It was a fun outfit to wear, and not *too* hot, because the tops of the arms are bare underneath everything. But I did take off the armbands when the hike got too warm.

And in the evening, I dressed as a Fëanorean :) It was a Hall of Fire event, so I figure elvish was good, though perhaps that particular brand of elves would not be welcome anywhere. If I had to say which one I was, maybe Curufin. But maybe just a random unnamed associated hanger-on instead ;). The outfit is inspired by Jenny Dolfen's artwork.

HERE is the only picture I have of this one so far, but I know quite a few others were taken. Yea, you can't see the boots here!

Another, and in this one, you can see the awful boots (as well as the cool sword).

A partial not the best angle, but oh well....

The boots are terribly inappropriate, having women's heels on them. The pants are warm, but a perfect charcoal color (I bought them). The undertunic (barely visible) is a waffle cotton that I dyed grey. The overtunic is black suedecloth, which I added the silver star to (more on that later). The bracers I bought, and the chainmail sleeves I made (it's just sleeves, as you can see where they stop in this picture). If I pull the undertunic up, it doesn't show so badly, but this shot was from the end of the evening. The belt is plastic (oh well!), and it has a knife in a sheath on it (sorta like Angrist, maybe...) as well as my cheap knock-off of Glamdring. I wrapped a scrap of black leather around the hilt so the blue wouldn't show.

I will just say that safety pins are my friends. I used a lot of them to pull off these outfits. Everything is machine stitched, except that blasted silver star. It's satin, which is always fun to work with (not!) and the edges frayed like crazy and refused to stay where I'd pinned them. I practically destroyed the thing trying to get it on, only to find that it had become woefully crooked in the process. So, I hand-stitched it on with cording as an edger to take care of any stray raw edges that tried to peak through. But this meant I was still sewing the day I wore the outfit, oops ;).
Last edited by MithLuin on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:19 pm

MithLuin... oh how I envy you! ALEP looks like it was soooo much fun!!

I love your outfits! You look like you had a ball and I am sure your outfits helped make the weekend completely memorable. *sigh*
I've only made Hobbit /Renaissance outfits.. well, that and civil war ballgown and a prairie dress. And Middle Eastern Belidi and Bedouin dresses. And costumes.. but no other LoTR species related costumes!

Mith! You are so young!! I knew you were young-ish.. but for someone with your knowledge and accomplishments I expected you to be a tad older.. not that it's important. :)
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby MithLuin » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:02 am

Thanks, Rosie - it was a blast! A ton of fun. I really, really hope they do something like that again some time. Maybe in another 2 years (it was so much work, they aren't up for doing it on an annual basis.) At some point, I want to write up a con report for it, but I haven't done that yet. In the meantime, check out this blog entry.

Oh, and I'm a little older than I look (though I thank you for the kind words). I turned 28 in August. Still young, I know, but not quite so young as I come across. You should see my parents' wedding pictures - they were in their mid-20s, but looked like kids. Though, after this weekend, I wish I were younger. I met this great guy...who's only 18 :P. Ah well, at least I'll have a new little brother to keep in touch with.

The one on the left

Edit: Yes, he would be the guy I'm dancing with in the pics above. He also was under the impression that I was a bit younger than I am...but I told him my real age, don't worry.

My con report is up HERE - enjoy!
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby Aurelin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:00 am

It looks to have been such fun! (I haven't yet read the report) - great costumes, Mith!
(The guy is cute, btw :D)

I have been too busy to do anything but I did get material for the belt to be tied into a bow and I basted it together on one side. I left it at the moment since I have to decide how accurate I want it to be - if I wanted the bow to hold upright, I'd have to put wire in it or something.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:39 pm

He is cute, isn't he? I'm having an awful time trying to remind myself that he's little brother material, not bf material. Well, I'm sure he'll make a great bf for someone, but I am too old for him.

Frodo's looks + Pippin's personality = win :D
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby ShadowSwallow » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Wow, Mith. I am drooling over those photos and green with envy over your report! :shock: You're such a lucky lady! :D

At this point I've slowed down the costuming (school does that to you), but I have 5 yards of blue linen to turn into a dress and a pair of stays to make (for a colonial pioneer's outfit for reenacting at a museum I volunteer at). :D
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Seeking guidance on a dress (from one who cannot sew)

Postby fuzzyfeet » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:53 am

Hello, I was wondering if it would be ok to pop in and ask a question. I was hoping I could ask some advice from those who are knowledgeable. I have recently gotten engaged, and would love to wear a white dress similar to Eowyn's white dress from the movies. I have been looking at dressmakers on-line that can do LOTR clothing. My aunt thinks she has 18 meters of raw, unbleached silk (20 years old, but untouched) if I find a seamstress around where I live. But I don't know what to look for in a seamstress, also one that is affordable, and I don't know how much I should rely on looking for an on-line seamstress. Where do people who have no sewing skill find nice but affordable LOTR clothing? It seems that many who attend moots have made their own costumes, which I would love to do, but perhaps not for my wedding dress...

Thank you for letting me jump into your conversation--I am sorry if I have interrupted. MithLuin, what a wonderful moot experience. I am 30 and so impressed with women my age (or even younger) who are so into sewing(actually, this entire guild is very neat)--kind of rare in this day and age. Thanks again. Nice to meet you all.
fuzzyfeet
Citizen of Imladris

Postby MithLuin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:45 pm

I agree that a wedding dress is not an appropriate first sewing project! Let me first off congratulate you on your engagement :D. You aren't interrupting anything; we talk about all sorts of sewing projects here. The silk sounds lovely, though do keep in mind that it will be rather warm (though not as bad as the wool that the original was made from). So, if you were planning an outdoor wedding in August (for instance) it might not be such a good idea. Also, if it is 20 years old, it may have yellowed or developed some sort of discolouring (particularly on the folds), so do check on it before getting your heart set on using your Mom's fabric. Just to give you an idea - 18 m of silk may cost as much as $360 (around me, silk is generally priced at $20/yard), so using this fabric will greatly reduce the cost of having the dress made!

If you go with a local seamstress, I imagine you would like to look at pictures of her work, so you could see what quality you would be getting (just as you look at photographers' portfolios). If you give her a picture of Eowyn's gown and/or a pattern to work from, it shouldn't be too hard for her to modify it into a wedding gown that suits you. So, even if she hasn't done LotR recreations before, it may work out wonderfully. If you go with an online person, ask for contact with previous customers, to know if they were happy with the dress they got, price paid, time delivered, etc. And of course, there should be pictures!

Here is everything you might want to know about the original dress, depending on how close you would like your wedding dress to be to the original!
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Human/Eowyn/Wool.htm
For ideas on patterns to use (with modification) to make this dress, look HERE, keeping in mind that you want the White Dress or White Wool Dress.
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:22 pm

MithLuin, did you take those piccies?? They are stunning! ALEP sounds like something I would just LOVE to go to. Wow... *sigh in awe*

As far as Frodo goes.. he's cute! :D If he's a great guy and not too immature.. I wouldn't worry too much about the age difference if it doesn't bother him, but I do realize that is quite a stretch. It would be slow going.. I would imagine he has college yet to worry about. Isn't that often the way? :P

Fuzzyfeet, MithLuin's advice is good. And Congratulations on your engagement! I know a good heirloom seamstress.. (my neighbor) we live north of Milwaukee. I have sewn a lot ... but I've never worked with real silk and wouldn't want the responsibility. Alleycatscratch is a great website! I loves :love: it.

I am considering making my daughters prom gown for this year if I can find the appropriate fabric. Not easy.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby fuzzyfeet » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:05 pm

Thank you MithLuin and RoseMorninStar for the awesome advice and links. It is really helpful. RoseMorninStar--my fiance lives in Milwaukee--I will have to be sure to ask you more at the Evanston moot. I was afraid this would be a daunting task, not really knowing where to start. Thank you! I will keep you posted on my progress.
fuzzyfeet
Citizen of Imladris

Postby MithLuin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:23 pm

Nah, Rose - I didn't even have a camera with me! But everyone else did, so it worked out. ;) It was a ton of fun, and I'd love to do it again sometime. If they have another one, you'll have to come! As for the young man....I'll keep in touch with him, and see what happens. My guess is that nothing will come of it anyway, just because of distance, but I have plenty of time to work that out before I see him again, I'm sure. Part of me knows that the 'responsible' thing to do is scare him off, but part of me hopes he won't scare easily....

Another thing to keep in mind, fuzzyfeet, is that most of us do not have the build of Miranda Otto. (I have never seen you, and maybe you do, so perhaps the advice is unnecessary). But you want the dress to look good on you, not her, so some modifications might work for different body types. Princess seams tend to be flattering, even though they weren't used in any of the movie dresses. Boning adds shape to a dress, even though this one didn't have any. Silk is going to drape differently than wool. Things like that. So, be willing to listen to suggestions from your seamstress, not just insist that you want this exact dress reproduced. Personally, my favorite dress of Eowyn's is her shieldmaiden dress, and I'd love to adapt that to an all-white wedding gown. I hope this works out for you!
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby fuzzyfeet » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:13 am

Thanks MithLuin. I definitely would have never thought about different materials hanging differently. I will take the advice of the expert, for sure. I believe my rear end is larger than Miranda Otto's (but maybe I'm taller =) ), but I did some kind of self-assessment on one of those wedding dress sites that tells you what sort of dress would fit your figure and I think that I will be ok with this one. It is definitely something to think about, though, and I will keep your suggestions in mind. If I ever have pics to share, I will.
fuzzyfeet
Citizen of Imladris

Postby GwenElf » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Oooooooh, Mith, ALEP looks like so much fun!! Those pictures are great, and I love your Feanorian costume! :love: If they ever hold something like that again, I may just have to forget expenses and come!

Hiya Fuzzyfeet! Again, congrats on the engagement! :) Mith's given some great advice--Alleycatscratch is an awesome LOTR reference site if you've got the time to sift through all the information. Be sure to share it with your seamstress--she'll know what information is important.

I've never hired a seamstress, but I imagine it's best to go with someone local, if you can. That way you have direct contact with the person--you can come in for measurements, fittings, adjustments, etc. If you do it over the internet, you probably have to send in your measurements and then hope the person gets it correct (which a good seamstress should be able to do).

Keep us updated!!

No sewing projects here... still. *sigh* Renaissance Faire this weekend, though, so it's time to bust out the court garb!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby MithLuin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:08 pm

I love my Feanorean costume too :) Here's the nicer picture I couldn't link to before :D My hair looks almost reddish with the setting sun behind me, and my right hand isn't visible in this shot...but somehow, I still don't think I look like Maedhros, for some reason ;).
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:12 am

Oooh, Mith, that is a fantastic costume! And you look natural wearing it!

I haven't been doing much (okay, any) costuming lately and hardly any sewing -- just a boatload of knitting -- but next semester I'm finishing off my bachelor's with a big project in which I make historically accurate Roman clothing with money given to me by the school. I'm extremely excited. I mean, other people's money? Fine wool? Sewing? What more could I want?? :P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby GwenElf » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:09 pm

Thai food!!

...wait, no, that's what I want. Never mind. Forget I was here...

Mith, it's so fun!! Nice chain maille you've got there, too! Now to cut off your hand... =:)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby undomiel » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 am

Well, I'm back.

And I'm so happy that Halloween is over. Deadlines and I do not go well together. But it's Luthien's favorite holiday (Yes, even more than Christmas.) so the costumes have to be made. This year she wanted to be Joseph as in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. So I fashioned her a coat of many colors. My husband and Maedhros had costumes from Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog. (If you never seen it then go immediately to drhorrible.com and watch it now! It's completely brilliant.) Brian was Dr. Horrible and Maedhros was Captain Hammer. Unfortunately, since I volunteered to help my sister make a Phantom of the Opera-esque dress for the Masquerade party she was going to, I didn't have time to do anything for myself.

I wish I could post pictures but our camera is currently broken.

It was nice to sew again. Especially since I have finally conquered my tension problems that used to make sewing a nightmare. I don't think I've sworn to give up sewing for several months. ;) Lots more projects ahead for the winter. Mostly boring stuff like curtains, but I may try to get a head start on next year's Halloween costumes. Luthien says we all have to have costumes from Inuyasha. She's already assigned all of us (except Fiona). She's to be Inuyasha, I'm to be Sango, Brian is to be Miroku, and Maedhros is to be Shippo.

Mith, your Feanorian costume is amazing!
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:39 pm

*blows dust off thread*

I know some of you must have sewing projects to report on....

All I have is a sewing machine. It is new and I haven't used it yet, so that's boring, but it is mine, so I can quit using my Mom's whenever I want it. And my roommate has been very productive with her quilting projects.

But anyway, I thought to check out this thread because I just read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and (mostly) enjoyed it, though I have to say my reaction to the ending is Eh? What? And seriously, my introduction to anime/manga was definitely the people here.

My ideas for cosplay haven't been getting past the idea stage, though, so I shall have to rectify that at some point. Also, a friend of a friend wants a Jedi costume. He makes his own lightsabers that, well, awesomely light up, so he totally needs a costume to go along with it. Maybe we can do an exchange, hehehe.
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby undomiel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 am

I confess I have been lazy about sewing for the past... year. I'm trying to rectify that though. Halloween is approaching which means I have to make something for Luthien. It is her favorite holiday. This year she wants to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz because Grandma bought her a pair of ruby slippers. I'm thinking of making a dog costume for Maedhros and calling him Toto. Luthien keeps asking me what I'm going to be... as if I have time to make something for myself. Sigh.

Jedi costumes are pretty easy. I've made 3 plus an additional two Jedi robes. They are lots of fun. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:28 pm

I hereby resurrect the Sewing Guild!!!! Anyone still out there, sewing or otherwise? *Climbs on a chair and scans the horizon* :hihi:

I don't even remember where I was in my sewing career when this thread was last alive, but I see that I told Aurelin I'd watch Nabari no O someday. Well, I bought it, and Yoite is AWESOME. :D

I've been doing lots(ish) of cosplay, and a big overhaul on my court garb, as well as learning to make kanzashi, Japanese hair flowers. Photos to come provided there are other guild members out there to share them with. :)

:hihi:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Harvestar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm still here! I get notifications of this thread. :)

I took a couple sewing classes last year and expanded my skills. But I still choose to crochet more than sew. Mostly, I want to do more bellydance costuming and I have a fabulous troupe who is doing a LOTR inspired costume for our double sword piece. :)

And then my other troupe wants to do LOTR music. :)

I don't remember if I posted pictures of my green dress in here. It's a copy of my wedding dress (similar to Eowyn's white dress), but in green! :)
Harvestar
Mariner

Postby GwenElf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:45 am

Harvestar wrote:I took a couple sewing classes last year and expanded my skills. But I still choose to crochet more than sew. Mostly, I want to do more bellydance costuming and I have a fabulous troupe who is doing a LOTR inspired costume for our double sword piece. :)

And then my other troupe wants to do LOTR music. :)

:shock: Where do I sign up?? That sounds like a great time! A few of my colleagues do belly dancing and it looks like a lot of fun. :)

I've learned to knit, but I pretty much only do it in the summer and even then I prefer to sew, so I'm not great at it. Luthy has a huge ball of turquoise bamboo that her mom bought me and that she's offered to spin into yarn for me as soon as I pick out a pattern for it. Once the semester's over, I'll be scouring Ravelry. :thumbsup: (Are you on Ravelry, Harvi?)

I don't remember seeing pictures of your green dress, so if you still have some, I'd love to see them!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:22 pm

I dunno if anyone is checking this thread anymore, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm making a gown for my daughter using McCalls 4491. I'm making it out of velvet.. with chiffon for the lower sleeves. I've never sewed velvet before (so any suggestions would be welcome) and I really.. really, really, REALLY don't want to put grommets/eyelets into velvet. I'm thinking maybe fabric loops or using some sort of 'lacing ring'. Has anyone done this & how did it turn out?
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby StormCrow_TheGreen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:41 pm

I haven't been on in a long time either.

I'm still sewing clothes.

My latest stuff have been a Tai Chi Chuan mid weight linen shirt, and Chinese short robe (for better movement), I'm starting on a winter robe since last World Tai Chi & Qigong day was freezing.

I've started back on my arming coat for my armored tournaments.
I got the description from a 14th century manuscript.

yep that's about it for now
StormCrow_TheGreen
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth