Alliance of Bohemian Mayhem-MODS PLEASE LOCK, IT A DUD!

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Alliance of Bohemian Mayhem-MODS PLEASE LOCK, IT A DUD!

Postby A_Simple_Poet » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:29 am

Okay, so here it is. TORC's latest incarnation of a thread where like minded artists, writers, and those who embrace a counter culture lifestyle may wish to congregate and discuss, I don't know...art, literature, and.or the lack thereof in the mainstream of the daily rat race. :lol:

There is a kicker though. :doh:

I rely heavily on what I have read in The Bohemian Manifesto (a good book by Laren Stover) for the classification of what a Bohemian is. I urge those serious about joining to visit the website,

http://www.bohemianmanifesto.com/identification.htm

But I am not here to violate any rules about spamming, I am here at this first post to clarify what a Bohemian is according to Stover on p. 13 of her book...

Bohemianism is not a trend, it's a timeless movement, a way of life both fleeting and enduring that reappears every now and then against the backlash against our bourgeois, mass market, easy access culture.

Stover goes on to say that poets, painter, dandies on the fringe or any oddball may qualify (also p.13...not verbatum).

The only requirements to belong to this guild is that you have a quality post that is also in keeping with the guidelines and tasteful behavior of TORC (nothing profane or offensively unorthodox) and that you tell us why you think you are a Bohemian. I will give my qualifications after 5 posts to see if this thread catches on. Please note, if you are a true Bohemian and haling from the Czech Republic, you automatically qualify. :D
Last edited by A_Simple_Poet on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
A_Simple_Poet
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:34 pm

Don't quite think it's catching on, but to give it a kick, I'm 1/8 Bohemian (from one of my great grandmothers). :P
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby A_Simple_Poet » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:13 pm

Yeah, it is starting to look like a dud.

I guess Bohemianism (as I have defined it) is extinct at TORC. Visual Media and The Mainstream are solid fortresses of stale culture and continue to prevail against the arts. Alack! The Mountains Win Again...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
A_Simple_Poet
Ranger of the North

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth