1) One Guild or Alliance thread for any one People, Theme, Interest, State, Country, etc. at a time please.
- Themes with an emphasis on or relationship to Tolkien's Middle Earth would be preferred, but are not absolutely necessary.
- Any new Guild or Alliance thread that is deemed to be a duplicate of an existing, active thread will not be acceptable.
- Already existing duplicates, when reaching the automatic 2000 post limit lock, will not be re-started.
2) Guild or Alliance threads should be "Forum appropriate".
- Threads with a theme that clearly belongs in another forum will be locked or moved to the appropriate Forum.
- This includes threads for computer games (Games), threads set up for discussion of TV programmes (Talk) and threads set up for "discussion" of Other Authors' works (Books-Other Authors).
3) No "nonsense" or "party" themes, please. (Eg. "The Water Balloon Throwing Guild")
- Guilds or Alliances created for the purposes of pure partying or spam will not be acceptable.
4) Occasional, light role play within a Guild or Alliance thread is fine, however:
- Guilds or Alliance threads that are almost exclusively adventure type Role Play should be moved to or restarted in the Prancing Pony or the Green Dragon and only if they will conform to the Guidelines for those Forums.
- Guild or Alliance threads set up for non-Tolkien "Other Authors/Movies/Worlds" role play are no longer acceptable in this forum and will be locked.
5) Conversation and socializing is encouraged, but please avoid short, IM-chat style spam. It wastes bandwidth and contributes nothing to the Forum.
- Please remember that "off topic chat" belongs in Talk.
- Any Guild or Alliance thread that becomes little more than pure spam will be locked.
6) A maximum of two threads per founding poster or Council; i.e. One poster or council may not start or manage more than two threads at a time in this forum.
- Alternate ID's do not count as a different poster.
- This is to try and spread out the opportunity for starting a Guild or Alliance over a larger number of different posters.
Note: The staff reserves the right to make other evaluations on a case-by-case basis if or when the need arises.