Minas Morgul Alliance - Darkness and Closure Pending??

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Dubatuluk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:28 pm

Invisibility is always helpful. *nod* :P

Dang...now I REALLY want cookies...

*slaps own hand*

We just had peach cobbler...and coke...no more...
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Haha Peach cobbler and coke!!

I think I may need to look at sending you out with the troops on manoeuvres for a while :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby anduin wraith » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:29 pm

appears at tygarya's side

indeed invisibility is one of my skills :d

(levitates a coockie out of the packet into his hand
anduin wraith
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tygarya » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Ah your back....nice to see you again Auduin
So how are you finding these hallowed halls so far? :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby anduin wraith » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 pm

i am finding the surroundings dank and dark and much to my liking

i have been skulking around the place observing things
anduin wraith
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Dubatuluk » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:54 pm

*quickly takes hand out of Queen Tyg's private cookie jar*

What? OH hello there...Anduin...may I call you Anduin? Oh no...I was just...uh...polishing, yes, polishing Our Most Venerated Queen's cookie jar. Yes.

*bounces up and down on balls of feet nervously and finds it is a very bad thing to do considering her height*

*rubs the top of her head where it it the ceiling of the pavilion covering the Royal Cookie Jar*

:P
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:04 pm

This place appears to be getting dusty...the spiders and their cobwebs i can handle but I absolutely abhor dust!!
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:39 am

Good Evening everyone.

I've not been online here for a very very long time. However, the other day I had a feeling that I should make a return, if only for a short while, to the old place. :)

How is everyone?

You're right Tyg. Minas Morgul is becoming increasingly fitful in it's moments of activity. Maybe some sort of competition to draw in the crowds?

Anyway. I shall be back for a while so I shall see you all later.

Stepping away from the remnants of the column of black smoke which had transported him into the throne room, Gloam takes up his old chair and pours himself a goblet of wine.
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Gloam!! :hug:
I had feared I had lost you forever, how have you been?
Welcome back, and i hope you can stay for longer than you say :)
Tyg waves her hand and a tray of drinks appear in front of Gloam
Grab a drink and fill me in with what you have been up to!
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:21 pm

I have been away from an age, haven't I? My apologies :)

The thing is, I stopped posting about a year and a half ago because of sixth form college. Now I'm at university I seem to have more time on my hands...which is a contradiction in terms but, meh. :D

How are you anyway? I see the place has bucked up slightly since the news of the new films. :)

Gloam pours himself another glass and settles into his comfy chair with a sigh.
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:19 pm

A year and a half ago, has it really been that long? :shock:

Glad your back Gloam dearest, and yes the place is a little busier with talk of the Hobbit movies, and I'm sure once they are released this place will be busier than busy :D:D

So what are you studying at Uni?
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Well it was a long time ago anyway. :P

It can only be a good thing that The Hobbit films are being made really. Invigorate the forum it will. :D

I'm studying English Literature at Bangor University in Wales. It's good but a bit tough, must admit. :)

So. What do you say to a little bit of invigoration for this old thread, eh?

Throwing his glass over his shoulder, Gloam jumped out of his armchair, paced across the throne room and threw open the doors which led out to the balcony. Tethered there was an airship much like the one from a certain film about the dust from stars. However this one was sleeker, painted black and had a sickle moon emblazoned on the dark canopy.

It's called Crescent.I was thinking that a moving court might at least get rid of the stale air which has lingered in this thread for long enough. It may even pull in a few stragglers if we're lucky. A change of scenery and all that jazz.

:shock:

:D :D :D :D :D
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:12 pm

Tyg jumped aboard Cresent with excitment.
"Great idea Gloam, lets go and hover over Gondor and throw things at them" :D:D:D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Dubatuluk » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:36 pm

I'll join in hovering over Gondor and throwing things. Of course, I'll be the only one for a while until our esteemed Queen can make an appearance again.

Hmmm...
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Patience my dear Dubs :)
My internet is few and far between so we must all do our part to keep this place alive and i will always pop in from time to time to check no one has destroyed the place in my absence :D:D

I see we have lost Gloam again too....shame....i do miss him :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Fir-Bolg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:58 pm

You know, you just gotta start branching out. Think of Ted Sandyman!
All this black doom and gloom with the white crescent. It's all a bit... twilight? :roll:

The real darkness resides in that which is superficially wholesome. Old Man Willow was hale and hearty on the outside, but hell, he had the most rotten of hearts....

So come on. Get with the program! Infiltration is the name of the game. You get nowhere if those rangers can spot you from 10 kilometres.

Wear a Shire badge. As I said, think Ted Sandyman. You'll be surprised... ;)
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:50 am

Are you mad!?

Besides I don't suit green :P

and how do you know I don't already have spies infiltrating the other alliance banners....

No, that's right....you don't ;)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Fir-Bolg » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:10 am

Tygarya wrote:Are you mad!?

Besides I don't suit green :P

and how do you know I don't already have spies infiltrating the other alliance banners....

No, that's right....you don't ;)
FB runs his finger along the mantelpiece, disturbing not a patina of dust but a good few inches. Fixes Tygarya with a sympathetic smile.

"Course you do, Tiggy. How's the lumbago?"

:lol:
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Tyg laughed, this Fir-Bolg was amusing even if he had violated Minas Morgul with his presence. Tyg walked over to him, looked at the mark he had left in the dust and without a blink all the dust on the mantle disappeared, she leant over and patted Fir-Bolg on the cheek

Cute, very cute. Don't worry too much about the look of this place, if it's halls are empty it means it's peoples are elsewhere...and where do you think that could be? ;) Minions aren't of any use if they stay at home getting under ones feet, nah they are out doing my bidding, they are everywhere :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Fir-Bolg » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:46 pm

FB gently rubbed his cheek. Being stroked by Tygarya was like being massaged with sandpaper. The dusting was impressive, though. If he learned how to do that at home, there'd be extra time for more important things.

Like eating!

She was rather impressive, Tiggy. Okay, the look was a bit 'Kiss groupie', and the head-dress appeared awkward and heavy, but the bodice, my, my...

FB's attention was drawn by what he took to be the larder. He sidled across to inspect, but was disappointed to find it contained three stale biscuits in a cookie jar, and a dead spider masquerading as a raisin. No wonder Tiggy had so few visitors!

He noticed horsehairs poking out of the threadbare sofa. I ask you; does that really help to make a place inviting?

FB had a lovely mustard throwover at home that he knew would bring that sofa to life! Some terracotta scatter cushions, a touch of blush pink on the walls: not too much, mind, just enough to offset the skulls, and this place could look quite homely.

He had a closer look at Tiggy. She looked very pale. The girl hasn't had a square meal in months, he thought. That made his mind up for him. Puffing out his chest, he headed for the door.

"I'll be back in a minute. I've got some fresh eggs and bacon in my saddle-bag. You go and put the kettle on."

He remembered the empty larder.

"Don't worry about coffee. I've some beans as well.

I'm making breakfast!"
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:01 am

Tyg watched amused as FB (as he liked to be called) checked the larder, finding it bare and then offered his own food and even offered to make her breakfast. As FB proclaimed, most unselfishly, that he had eggs and bacon outside, Tyg smiled to herself she even raised an eyebrow when FB said for her to put the kettle on and then said he had coffee beans as well.

As he ran out the door with his chest puffed out like he was about to do a wonderfully good deed Tyg chuckled to herself as she sat down in a chair that appeared behind her, a large comfy armchair of a rich burgundy velvet. She rested an elbow upon the chair's arm rest and opened her hand reaching, suddenly a glass of fine red wine appeared and Tyg's hand wrapped around it. Taking it to her lips she sipped the fine liquor as the fire - of which she was sitting in front of - just as suddenly roared to life in front of her.

She had to wonder about this Fir-Bolg. What had caused him to appear at her gate the way he had? What was his real purpose?

Of course he obviously had no idea that she had the powers of the Valar, and his concern for the tower's decrepit state seemed somewhat genuine.

Tyg smiled to herself as she sat sipping her wine waiting for FB to return. She wondered if she should show him the 'real Minas Morgul' the one hidden by spells to ward off the enemy - she imagined his shocked face to see the decadent furnishings, the rich tapestries and the valuable textiles that were just beyond his minds eye to be able to see them.

Tyg glanced over to the large empty dining table that was on the far side of the large open room she had found FB roaming in. Instantly it was covered with the finest foods from around the known world, with steaming vegetables, poached salmon, roasted chickens, a large wild boar as a centre piece...not to mention the wild and exotic fruits, breads and sweets. A meal fit for a Queen, Tyg thought.

The sounds of FB returning with his bacon, eggs and coffee meet Tyg's ears as FB was still climbing the stairs. By the time he entered the room the feast upon the table was gone, vanished with a mere thought the same way it had arrived.

FB found Tyg sitting in the armchair by a roaring fire, sipping fine wine and with a very curious look upon her face. She had decided he didn't need to find out the secrets she holds.....just yet.....lets see what happens with breakfast first, Tyg thought.

Although FB hesitated to find Tyg in a luxurious armchair that wasn't there before and before a fire that wasn't lit a minute ago, with a wine that hadn't been there when he left, he said nothing of it causing Tyg to grin like a Cheshire Cat that had gotten the cream.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Fir-Bolg » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:46 am

"Well," said FB, slightly out of puff, and nodding at the fire, "that's much cosier. And look at you, Tiggy! Colour in your cheeks, and a smile on your face. This place is much too old and draughty, what with your rheumatics and all, not to have a fire in the hearth..."

Laying down his bundle of pots and victuals, FB gave the back of the armchair a little poke.

"Crushed velvet I see. In burgandy," he pursed his lips, prissily, "a little Hammer, but comfy I'm sure." He took a closer look, and the reason for the chosen hue was immediately apparent. Tiggy had been hitting the bottle again, and none too carefully!

"Honestly, Tig, wine at nine in the morning. You know it plays hell with your gout!" He rolled his eyes and busied himself with his little pot for coffee and battered frying pan, setting each carefully in the fire.

"Like wine," Tiggy mumbled, sulkily, and stuck her bottom lip out.

"That's as maybe, but wine doesn't like you!"

Soon the smell of sizzling bacon was wafting from the hearth, and FB stood up to face the self-styled Morgul Queen. The proposal had been in the back of his mind since before his arrival. Now was as good a time as any to suggest it.

With a deep breath, he turned from the fire, just in time to see Tiggy guiltily remove her finger from her nostril. He let it pass. All alone, in this ruin of a pile: it was no wonder Tygarya's standards had slipped.

"You remember all that business with your nice friend Gothmog and the others? By the way, how is he doing? Send him my regards... Anyway, when he and the rest of his 'posse' I think is the 'hip' phrase... when they came up to Hobbiton, they had such a lovely time. I could tell one or two of them didn't want to leave. That Khamul, I think that was his name, he was really upset."

Tiggy watched him, warily, and FB shuffled nervously, but ploughed on. Fumbling in his backpack, he pulled out a sheaf of papers and handed them to Tiggy.

"You see, I think you need a bit of looking after. No! No! Hear me out," he said, raising his hand to quell Tiggy's protestations.

"We''ve had a discussion, and, look, we've found you this luvverly little cottage, overlooking Michel Delving. There's the brochure. It's got a garden, fitted kitchen, indoor bathroom..." FB's voice tailed off. Tygarya had a face like thunder.

"WE?" she shouted.

"You've been talking to MOTHER, haven't you?"
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Tyg was enjoying watching this funny little man potter around making breakfast and making hilarious remarks about her health...it was like having her own personal comedian.

When FB finally got to the point of his visit and handed Tyg the brochures she looked at them with loathing.

"You see, I think you need a bit of looking after. No! No! Hear me out," he said, raising his hand to quell Tiggy's protestations.

"We''ve had a discussion, and, look, we've found you this luvverly little cottage, overlooking Michel Delving. There's the brochure. It's got a garden, fitted kitchen, indoor bathroom..." FB's voice tailed off. Tygarya had a face like thunder.

"WE?" she shouted.

"You've been talking to MOTHER, haven't you?"

Tyg stood up and walked to the fire, as she did so the illusions of Minas Morgul being a ruin fell away to expose FB to the riches that were in fact Minas Morgul...rich polished floors, a large onyx fire place, large glass windows suddenly appeared bathing the room with sunshine. Tyg threw the brochures into the fire. FB was staring at the room looking like a stunned possum in headlights, but suddenly leaped towards Tyg to try and stop her from throwing the papers into the fire.
"No!" he yelled as he stretched his hands out. Too late though the papers hit the blazing fire and were up in flames before FB could even get the word 'no' out of his mouth.
Tyg turned back to face him, smiling now, but not a good humour smile. FB got the uncomfortable feeling that she was suddenly looking at him like he was to be her next meal.
Tyg smoothed the front of her bodice down and rearranged the daggers on belt.

"You take a message back to that meddlesome old man Gandalf for me" Tyg said to FB, she had always given Gandalf the name 'Mother' cause that was what he was like - a fussing mother, trying to fix things all the time.
"I am perfectly happy here and if he thinks to try and get me to move he has quite another thing coming"

Tyg patted FB's cheek again, "Now if you've quite finished with all that nonsense, Im starving"

Tyg walked over to the large dining table that was once again filled with a vast array of foods. Tyg picked up a plate and started filling it from the different platters.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Fir-Bolg » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:10 pm

FB stared, crestfallen, as the fire in the fireplace melted his frying pan. The bacon looked a bit too well-done. He made as if to rescue it, then had second thoughts. Suddenly, he didn't feel hungry, even though it was over an hour since his first breakfast!

As per usual, things hadn't turned out quite as he expected. Fancy Tiggy... he looked across to the titan gorging herself at the dining table... Fancy Queen Tygarya guessing about Gandalf. There'd be trouble now, and no mistake.

He picked up the little wrap of eggs from the floor, and sighed. He must have trod on them when Tygarya did all that hand waving stuff: when the room went all sparkly. Now, that had been a show-stopper, and no mistake.

Oh well, there's no use crying over ... broken eggs. He had a pony outside and a long journey to...

From outside came the long, unmistakable howl of a wolf. Then another. And another.

Yep, things had definitely taken a turn for the worse.

"Well then, er, Tiggy..."

A flash of blood red eyes...

"Er,, Queen Tygarya, I mean. Silly me." he mopped his brow with a big, red-spotted handkerchief, then quickly put it away, as the pattern looked like bloodspots, and he really didn't want to go down that particular route..

"I think I should be on my way. It's been ever so nice, chatting and all, but time's getting on you know, and the job put off's longest finished...." He began to slide to the exit. Tygarya watched him, like a bored cat eyeing a mouse, and FB got the distinct impression that if she had a tail, it'd be twitching. His slide became a shuffle, then his shuffle became a run, and FB was flying down the huge stone steps to the outside as though all the demons of hell were on his heels.

And as sure as he knew that "eggs is eggs", oh dear!, they very well might be.

It'd been fun in Minas Morgul.

For a while.

But truth be told.

It wasn't Hobbiton. ;)
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby Fir-Bolg » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:35 am

FB tiptoes into the Great Hall of Minas Morgul. All is quiet. Queen Tygarya is away.

FB walks up to the huge dining table. Sadly, the sumptuous feast of the day before is gone. FB sighs, then reaches into his knapsack, from where he gets a folded sheet of paper and a bottle of green glass. He places the bottle carefully on the table, unfolds the paper, and has one last check of the contents. They read:

"Dear Tiggy,

Thankyou for not having me for dinner. As a distant relative of mine once said 'I cook better than I cook...' So sorry you didn't like the cottage. Moving home is stressful, isn't it? We get so stuck in our ways, and the prospect of change can be very frightening. Perhaps you'll at least get round to having a bathroom installed. It does wonders for the property valuation. Until you do, here's a lovely bottle of lavender oil. It's quite strong, so I'd advice you to only use half the contents, dabbed behind the ears, on wrists, and, well, everywhere really. I'm sure your minions will appreciate it.

If you ever feel like visiting Hobbiton, please let me know in advance, then I could arrange to be away.

Must tootle off now. It's a long walk, since my pony got eaten by wolves, but I suppose that's my fault. Right at the bridge, isn't it?

Anyway, must fly (metaphorically, like Balrog wings!)

Take care of yourself, Tiggy.

Big Hugs

Fir-Bolg

PS Love to Gothy and the others. Tell Khamul he left his "I'm with stoopid" T-shirt at the Boffins's. Violet Boffin has managed to get most of the bloodstains out. Gothy really should lighten up a bit!

Tata

FB X"

Satisfied, FB places the letter under the bottle, takes one last look round, and leaves.

It really was time to go home........
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Tyg appeared from the air as FB walked out of the room.
Yes she had hid when he came back in, she really was no longer in the mood to deal with his humour, she had just recieved nasty news about the city she was having built at Khand which was already behind schedule and now this disaster would set it back another 3 months.
Tyg read the note...then read it again....and again each time getting more and more angry. That little hobbit really does cross the line.

'Well if he wants to get back to Hobbiton so fast perhaps I can help him' Tyg said to herself grinning viciously as she walked to a window. Looking out she could see FB starting to walk a narrow path away from the fortress. Tyg whistled a sharp short whistle that made FB stop in his tracks and turn to look up at the window.
Tyg grinned again and waved to FB, he waved back...not seeing the Fellbeast come flying in low behind him. It grabbed him by the shoulders and lifted in up, soaring up past the window Tyg waved and laughed at FB as the Fellbeast turned in the air and then flew off in the direction of Hobbiton to drop the hobbit home.
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Fir-Bolg » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Well, here was a turn-up for the books. Just as FB was resigned to a very long trek to Hobbiton, what does Tiggy do? Only provides transport! What a gal!

FB turned to the 'Fell Beast', that was kitted out in a rather fetching pink net tutu. It seems his little chats with Tiggy were having an effect...

"Er, hello there," he ventured, "what's your name?"

The big reptile fixed him with one baleful eye.

"Sharon," she replied, "Only my friends call me Shaz."

"I'd love to call you Shaz," said FB, and Sharon smiled shyly.

"Actually, nobody calls me Shaz, because I ain't got no friends," she confessed, and a big wet tear rolled out of her eye.

"You do now, " said FB, and together they flew happily off into the sunset....
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:48 am

Tyg turned away from the window with a sly smile as she walked away she was muttering a little song..
'A hobbit and a fell beast up a tree
K I S S I NG
First comes love...
Then comes Marriage...
then comes...'
Tyg stumbled and faulted in her song, just what would a hobbit and a fell beast produce...she thought of the dragon and the donkey in Shrek and laughed..no it was absurbed.

She put it from her mind and moved to catch up on her paperwork :D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Fir-Bolg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:59 am

Tygarya wrote:Tyg turned away from the window with a sly smile as she walked away she was muttering a little song..
'A hobbit and a fell beast up a tree
K I S S I NG
First comes love...
Then comes Marriage...
then comes...'
Tyg stumbled and faulted in her song, just what would a hobbit and a fell beast produce...she thought of the dragon and the donkey in Shrek and laughed..no it was absurbed.

She put it from her mind and moved to catch up on her paperwork :D
And from a great distance, a faint voice was heard, carried on the mournful Morgul wind.

"It's called a Flobbit....."

FB always had ro have the last word... :rose: ....... :lol:
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Fir-Bolg wrote:FB always had ro have the last word... :rose: ....... :lol:

and he never fails to bring a smile to my face :D

thanks FB :hug:

call again!
Tygarya
Ringbearer

PreviousNext