The Guild of Beer Drinkers

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Re: The Guild of Beer Drinkers

Postby Morwenna » Thu May 21, 2020 6:27 am

I'm not sure. Venues come & go at the drop of an excuse, and lately, who knows? I take it you're talking about something on lower Whitney Avenue?
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Dunthule » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:49 am

I did some research.
It was called the Foundry Cafe on Audobon Street.
It closed after the FBI raided it.
Per the article "Starting in the early 1970's through 1990, the space that Koffee currently occupies was a bar by the name of The Foundry Cafe. The old New Haveners remember it as THE spot to come for a couple beers and enjoy good live jazz.
That all ended in late 1980s when The Foundry Cafe was raided by the FBI for being a major cocaine distribution point. Needless to say, there were many arrests and the place was shut down for good. " :shock: :roll:

It's now called Koffees.
Dunthule
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:39 am

OK, I know where that is. I remember Foundry sort of though I never was in it. It's on lower Whitney & Audubon.

There are lots of venues in New Haven, but nowadays... :(
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Dunthule » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:14 am

Not as good nowadays?
Dunthule
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Not as open nowadays! It's the damn virus!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Dunthule » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Two dudes wearing masks walking into a bar ..... ;)
Dunthule
Ranger of the North

Postby Morwenna » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:29 am

At least a lot of restaurants (not all) are operating, but they tend to have those menus that you have to access from your smartphone. We have a flip phone. :) We decided the only way to deal with those, if they don't have a paper menu (and many do), is to look up the menu online from home and order from memory when we get there.

But the breweries are cranking away! We keep getting emails about new stuff. Even if their bars aren't open, they will still sell products curbside or in the parking lot or whatever. But we haven't bought beer in ages because we have such a backlog at home. :) Hubby's at the time of year when he wants a bourbon while watching his football team (Green Bay, who else?). And Thanksgiving is coming, which usually means cider and wine.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth