The TORC Canadian Guild: Enjoying warm summer days

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Scroozle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:07 am

The plans, right now, are to travel to Singapore and Japan.

We'll see if I add an further destinations :D
Scroozle
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Oh, that sounds absolutely wonderful . . . I know you'll take tons of pictures or videos to share too, eh? ;) :P

We're staying put again and will host the big Christmas Day Dinner this year. I love the event, but the cooking . . . oh, the cooking!! So much to prepare . . . but it's totally worth it in the end.

If I don't get back here before the day, Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad and Froelich Weinachten to one and all!

And if I missed your language of preference . . . feel free to add your greetings too!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby prmiller » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 am

This Awesome Time

All you who step into this place,
some wreathed in smiles that bless your face,
some burdened by your daily cares,
some struck by sorrow unawares,
some dancing with unbridled joy,
some sighing at their grim employ,
come sit awhile and by this rhyme,
enjoy this truly awesome time.
This time where something great and grand
lifts up the cold, forgotten hand,
and places in it, like a rope,
a lifeline to some bright new hope;
this time when we can celebrate
the good in here we helped create,
the whismy, laughter, healing cheer,
such hugs! A place to shed a tear.
All these are heightened by this time,
though darkened, often, by that crime
that seeks to steal our joy away--
but Night shall yield to Endless Day.
So come and join our carolling,
and let your soul rejoice and sing.
Oh, come and pull that festive cork,
and toast to awesomeness at TORC!

A Happy Christmas to you All,
Each thread, each guild, each noble hall,
May each one have a solid reason,
to celebrate this splendid season!

Blessings,
Parm :)
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:32 am

wow Parm, again !

Scribbles, you really made me laugh ! I'm not sure I met someone before who introduced herself specifying she drinks beer. And I have other emoticons, ya'no ! But I guess this was my favorite :)
I have Image and Image... and Image too. Oh ! and that one too Image, which is nice, but probably not that useful for you :D.

Well, it doesn't seem will have more presentations... I'm not better, I didn't came back to see the developpements since my last post ! But here I am.

So let's say it's my turn... what can I say, as I'm not as funny as SilverScribe... First I'm Isildilmë Celumenarwissë (real name also witheld, except for a few, VERY few people, let's say 2 people actually !). I live very near Montréal (Québec province, if I need to specify), near enough to work in Montréal every single morning. My native language is of course French, and my English is terrible, mostly (in my opinion) because my first English teacher (when I was 8 y.o.) was an horrible female canine and made me hate English... My favorite Canadian singer was Céline Dion since I'm a child (I was also exited by the fact that here native town was neighbouring ours), and I guess this kind of love never really goes, even if I'm not really fan of her last CDs... But I love many other Canadian artists, often not even knowing they are Canadian, and then being so proud that they are. I hate beer but I can drink quantities of sweet/fruity drinks if I want to :D. Nobody does it's own beer around, but my father does his wine, which is good because he would loose many money buying this amount of wine ! well... I'm not a hockey fan, but I get kind of contaminated by my hubby, but I wouldn't say he loves hockey, because all what he loves is his damn Canadiens de Montréal, and if they are not playing, he's not interested in watching... a real hockey fan would watch whoever plays, no ? So my team is also the Canadiens... but if it was another team, I would never tell my hubby, except maybe if I ever feel depressive, like wanting a hand to kill myself... lol. I hate the cold, and love the heat, so I guess that except for the 2-3 hotter weeks of the year, I was born in the bad country... Oh ! And I have a cat : a wonderfull 6 y.old tiger lady who still thinks she's a kitten, or maybe even a human baby, acting partly as a dog... but no children. Not sure for now on how much details I want to give on my work, but when I'm not doing it, and when I'm not with my hubby, I'm often reading, transcribing Tengwar stuff for the thread, etc.

Scroozle, I guess things are mooving a lot in Korea with this big change in North Korea government ! I guess you're in South Korea...
I'll look at your link later, as here I don't have sound I prefer wait for all the links.

Joyous New-Year Day - May a star shine on your new year

Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:46 am

Isildilmë wrote:my English is terrible, mostly (in my opinion) because my first English teacher (when I was 8 y.o.) was an horrible female canine and made me hate English...

Oh that is funny ! I wrote "bi*ch", which is obviously not accepted in these forum, and they're right... so it was replaced automatically by "female canine", so the result is delicious ! hahahahaha

Maybe I should not use this word... she was a horrible woman AND a horrible teacher, when I asked her where was the "h" in "white" she had to write the word down 5 times with both ways (white/withe) to be abble to answer me (I don't need to tell you I wasn't convinced after that !)... she had Italian origins and I'm not sure why she was an English teacher for French speaking students, as she was so bad in French and English... she was also having a lot of fun terrifying the studdents shouting to them and making them cry, everybody was afraid of her... so for us she was... a female canine :)... but we love dogs, so no... she was an ork. Yeah, that's it !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:19 pm

LOL Isildime . . . looks like you've run across the built in TORC word filter for the first time.

Indeed the "b *tch" word is not looked upon kindly here, along with a bunch of other (and more obviously bad) words. But we know what you mean about the teacher . . . and saying she was an Orc is perfect! In my case when I learned French in school, my teachers were all lovely, kind ladies with infinite patience. Belles dames, sur tout.

In spite of their efforts however, my French is far worse than your English, LOL, so you should be proud that you do so well. :)

And to be honest, once upon a time before Edmonton had a hockey team, I cheered exclusively for Les Canadiens my ownself. :D As far as I was concerned, they were Canada's only real team, LOL. Toronto was simply their poor cousin (but don't tell MY hubby that ;) ).

So, now it is 2012 and January and still, we have no snow. It is +7C today . . . in January! *scratches head* I fear that true winter, when it finally descends upon us, will bury us and good. Ah well. At least I'll be able to ski . . . ;)

:hihi: A belated Happy New Year to all the Canuckians, real and honourary! May 2012 be a gentle, prosperous year for us all.

SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:43 am

I've been to Canada does that count?? I have a dear friend whom I have visited with in person who is from Canada, actually I have three friends from Canada that I have met and who mean the world to me and they are all from Canada!!!

I am only about 45 minutes from the Canadian border too!!! No I am not Canadian but I should be!!! ;) Maybe an honorary Canadian, just maybe??
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Scroozle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:06 am

Sounds good enough to me.

Welcome to the Great White North!
Scroozle
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:11 am

Thank you hon!!! :D

May I ask which province you hail from? I am right below BC in Washington State.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Scroozle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:50 am

Birthplace was London, Ontario, but I identify with Halifax, Nova Scotia.

And now, I am in Gangneung, Gangwon-do :D
Scroozle
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:44 am

Scroozle wrote:And now, I am in Gangneung, Gangwon-do :D

Which is in South Korea. Scroozle is on a top-sicrit mission to Canadianize the lovely peoples there. ;)

So hulloo Vana! Hehehe, you know that we think that folks from the PNW are practically Canadian anyway, right? ;)

. . . hands Vana a lovely white toque with a bright red maple leaf on the front, and a pair of matching "Vancouver Olympic" mittens . . .

Welcome to our newest "honourary Canadian"! Now, go ahead and find yourself a seat on any available stump around the fire and we'll roast up some kobasa, finish it off with some genuine Canadian cheddar and wash it down with some Canadian beer. If you don't like beer, I'm sure we can find some nice Canadian mineral water around here somewhere . . . :whistle:

And later, we'll take you on a moose hunt. =:)

Sooo, howzit goin', eh?

SilverScribe

Postby Scroozle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:52 pm

I heard we lost for a second time against the mighty Russians.

What's up with that? Have our youngsters forgotten how to play the national past time?
Scroozle
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 am

Scribbles said:
And later, we'll take you on a moose hunt.

Ohh those guys are huge!!! I have seen them up close and I have seen them stuffed I think I prefer when they are alive but then I would not want to upset one either. eh?

You have to check this out!! Baby Moose
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 am

Scroozle wrote:I heard we lost for a second time against the mighty Russians.

What's up with that? Have our youngsters forgotten how to play the national past time?

I heard it's the first time in 10 years we don't go to the final ? What a shame... and it's supposed to be our national sport... pfff
I'm not a fan, but I felt shame anyway ! lol

Scribbles, I know what you mean, here we still think that the Canadiens are the only real team in Canada/the world :) like the starting point, the proud, etc. And my English may be better than your French, but here we are supposed to speak good English, so in comparision with many people, I'm a shame ! lol... bah, at least I understand and can follow a discussion, which is somehting.

Welcome to our new honorary Canadian ! haha, and thanks for this cute video, that help us to forget how uggly are these animals when grown :D. Uggly, but nice anyway.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Vana, that video is adorable . . . what a treat for the homeowners to be able to catch that!

I remember as a kid one year watching the Leafs and the Canadiens battle it out for the Stanley Cup. CANADIAN teams competing for a CANADIAN cup. *sigh* Those were the days . . . ;) :D

But don't get me wrong. I'm happy the league has both American and Canadian teams. It sure makes for a longer season and lots of exciting games, not to mention a healthy dose of that ol' competitive spirit. :thumbsup:

I just wish a Canadian team would win it more often. I think we've gotten lazy . . . :P:D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby tarathiel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi everyone :hihi:

Anyone remember me?
Am a still allowed in here after such a long absence?

How's Canada?

Tar
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Scroozle » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 pm

I have no idea who you are.

But you smell vaguely British.
Scroozle
Ranger of the North

Postby tarathiel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Ha-Ha Very funny :| :wink:

And out of interest, how exactly does someone SMELL British? :lol:
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Scroozle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Tea leaves.

And crumpets.
Scroozle
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 pm

I use tea leaves but I have never been to the UK. Someday I would love to go and visit my friends there. But I will have to wait till I can afford that kind of trip. Shoot I can't even get into Canada at this point because I don't have an endorsed drivers license. :P
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby earendil81 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 am

SNOW!!!!!!!

I know we all usually ush this word through the boards, but this is the first day of snow in Toronto. Well not true, we had a little something in December but nothing since then...
It is weird to me that there should be no snow at all between November and December in Toronto. Canada is supposed to be a country of winter; so I am sort of glad to have some of the white stuff in the street :mrgreen:

Happy New Year as well, a little late.
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Eari we are suppose to get hit with snow on Sunday for possibly the next few days after that as well. I am so not looking forward to it. But at least I have Sunday and Monday off so I wont have to deal with it at first. ;)

Great to see you posting again hon!! :hug: I sure wish it could be a real face to face hug again. I miss you!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Huullloooooooo Tar!!! Of course we remember you! And of course you're still welcome in here . . . as long as you're hiding a few cold ones under your parka, eh . . . :P:D How the heck have you been? :D

LOL Eari, not so loud!! I hear we're supposed to get some of that tomorrow . . . of course on the very day my mom wants me to drive her over half the city to shop . . . :roll: LOL. I don't mind though, we'll just be vewy vewy caewful.

Vana, you must get that situation mended! After all, we don't want you arrested at the border by a handsome Mountie or six . . . oh wait, maybe that wouldn't be so bad . . . :P :D

SilverScribe

Postby earendil81 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:33 pm

SilverScribe wrote:LOL Eari, not so loud!! I hear we're supposed to get some of that tomorrow . . . of course on the very day my mom wants me to drive her over half the city to shop . . . :roll: LOL. I don't mind though, we'll just be vewy vewy caewful.

I apologize ô silvery one ;)
But I got excited... until I got out for 30minutes to walk from home to work :lol: :lol:. No really it was nice but my husband said he would not drive me to work because it would be
a) dangerous since half the Torontonians still drive with 4 season tires instead of winter ones :roll: (idiots :x )
b) bad for the car; there is so much salt in the streets right now that it would cause the car to rust, which is not good.
And he needed some sleep so I was happy he staid home to relax :P ;)
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Hm....... arrested by six handsome mounties in red? Now that gives me an idea... Oh wait! Nah I have a handsome fella at home and he wont treat me like a criminal!!! ;) Cute thought though Scribbles dear!!! If I do decide to try that, would you like to come and join me in my incarceration?? :twisted:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:17 am

:roflmbo: ladies, ladies, should we feel ashamed for these thoughts ? mmm... no 8) :roll:

Tea leaves and crumpets, very funny !

I declare that we had enough snow for my taste, spring can now arrive. It was horrible to try to escape Montréal Tuesday... like if every year we are surprised to get snow, and we are not prepared to manage it (we being the citizens who forget how to drive in snow each year :x , and also the city, who forget to prepare a plan to remove this white stuff from the roads and sidewalks... :angry: ).

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Scroozle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:02 am

It hasn't snowed here for a few weeks. Apparently this city gets heaps of snow at the onset of spring, but is generally quiet throughout winter.

Hasn't been too cold to boot, either! Usually hovers around 0 degrees.

So... how about them Sens, eh?

[It's been years since I could say that with any amount of pride]
Scroozle
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 pm

LOL Scroozle, you're right! But you're not alone, the Oilers haven't been doing so great in the past few years either. :roll: :D And I envy you your relatively warm temps and lack of snow now! While we haven't had too much snow (1-5 cm) it IS cold. -26C for the day and we're looking at -32C for the overnights. Brrrrrrr. True winter has finally arrived here and we hates it precioussssss . . . :P

Vana, I'd gladly join you if there are handsome Mounties involved . . . hehehe . . . :thumbsup: But you really need to get your ID thing fixed, otherwise, how will you be able to come up here for a visit? =:) :D

Isil, Montreal isn't the only city that can't seem to manage clearing the streets, Edmonton doesn't have the greatest track record either. It makes me wonder if the guy in charge of Road Maintenance has lived here all his life and if so, why doesn't he remember what winters are like? Sheesh.

SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 pm

I plan on doing that this Spring Scribbles dear cause I want to come visit when you go to Christina Lake or maybe your place. ;) :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Either works for me! Christina Lake would be a much shorter drive for you folks . . . as Andie and Andrea can tell you, LOL. But having you guys here would be a hoot too . . . :D

And there would have to be an Amy Day in there, you know. ;) :D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth