Episode 3: Return of the Michigan Guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby GwenElf » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Nope, not Italysick. Reveling in being able to understand people again... Apparently I'm supposed to join Facebook so I can keep in touch with all the non AIM-using people I met. :P Only time will tell whether or not I actually do... :P

Had Chinese.. it made me sick. :P Hadn't had greasy food in so long... :rofl:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:57 am

Oh no! That's not good. I remember when I was in Botswana I ate some candy or something and it made me sick because I was used to rice and pb&J.

That's why I joined facebook...if it wasn't for the people who don't have aim I would never have joined. And now that I have, I don't really talk to a lot of people on it. But I'd be your friend if you joined :)
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:03 am

Merry Christmas!!! I'm sure you guys will all have a better Christmas than I will. My power went out yesterday early morning and now they are saying we won't have it until midnight, but each time we call its later and later...I doubt we'll have power tomorrow....luckily, we found a generator so it is no longer 54 in the house. *stupid wind*. I found the joy of candles, heh. Knowing my luck I'll burn down my house.

Sil--When you coming to Flushing!!! Or will I have to cometo GR to see you :) I will if it means I can see you...I miss you!!! And I need to give you your Christmas/birthday presents :)
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:04 pm

Actually, I'm in Flushing right now at the Christmas Eve Gathering Event of the Season!

..or whatever they're calling it. :P Actually it's the Reed's house. :D Anyhow, they have power. I hope yours has come back, or will be back soon! :hug:

Haaaaaaappppyyy MerryChristmahannukwanza! :happydance:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:06 pm

Oh, of course!!! Well, I want to see you before I head back to school, so if you can't make it here, but I might have to go see you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, my power came back at 9:30am yesterday.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Happy Freezing New Year

(ok so its a little late...sue me :wink: :P :wink: )
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:05 am

Better late than never I guess!

How are you all? I'm currently bored with nothing to do (which isn't all that unusual).
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Arwenelf wrote:Better late than never I guess!

Did you know that that's a Latin phrase? Potius sero quam numquam. :D

Yeah, anyhow, that's a pretty accurate indication of my state of being right now--Latinate. :D Interviewing candidates for a new classics job at GV, and by interviewing, I mean they're teaching our classes and we're trying to look smart and not scare them. Too much. :evilaugh:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Hmmm interesting. Sat in once on the same thing for the geography department. I guess they all knew what they were talking about but since all three were chinese thier engleeish wasnt too goot, so it was hard to understand what they were saying.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:01 am

Congrats Sil on the award for you shirt :)

Toby--My chem lab proff is chinese and I have no idea of what he is talking about. Its awful, I am confused enough in chem, and then I have to put up with this! He is really smart, but still..I am paying for my education and I would like to be able to understand whats going on.

Sil--Fun times:) How's the search going?

I have a cold sore :( I just got it like an hour ago....we hatess it.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:20 pm

bummer <passes you some medicine> :)

but still..I am paying for my education and I would like to be able to understand whats going on.

ya Exactly
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks toby :) Hoping it goes away before my brother's wedding...
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Happy early Valentines Day :) I know, its only 6:30 on the 12th, but I'm bored so I thought I'd say it now. Anyone got any special plans? Luthy--you're the one with the significant other :D

Enjoy any chocolate you guys make get! Eat some for me.

*continues waiting for my laundry to be done...*
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:41 am

I'm wearing a purple-ish pink-ish colour. That's the extent of my Valentine's Day celebrating. :D

:love::love::heart::love::love:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:58 am

Haha, nice. I wore brown, and that was about it!

Ugh, my dad and brother are sick...of all the times....They have 3 days to get better.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:35 am

Oh dear. I hope they get better soon! I'll pray for them. :)

What day is the wedding, now?
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:54 pm

The wedding was great--it was this past saturday. Everyone is glad its over, it was pretty stresfull. Three of my cousins, and two of my aunts, plus both grandmas, my granpa and mom's brother were here...I hadn't seen some of them for 7 yrs. My poor cousin, Matt, was sick and the airlines lost his baggage (and he works for nwa which makes it even more ironic) so he spent a lot of time on the phone trying to get it back. He finally got it the night before he had to leave...I was sad that he couldn't stay longer. One of these days I'll post pics on Facebook.

My brother and sister in law weren't feeling 100% on Saturday, but I think they're feeling better now. They were in haiti today on there cruise, lucky ducks.

Sil and Luthy--are you still planning on coming to EI and when/
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:28 am

I don't think we are... not really sure. Our planning skills are nil. :P Luthy's coming to GR on Saturday, so if we do come to EI, it'll be Monday at the earliest, I suppose. The problem is that it's a 2-hour drive to Flushing from GR, and since EI is only open till.. what? 11? 2 at the latest, we'd either have to get there reaaally early, or find somewhere to stay the night before to make it worth our whiles (and gas money).

We could rendezvous there on Saturday, or something... Yeah, I got nothing. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:21 am

Well, you guys could probably stay at my house. I won't be there, but I have my bed, and my bro's old bed open (the sheets were just washed :) ). But yah, I'm leaving on Sunday to go back to school.

I think eI might be open till 2 next week. Ruby said it depends on how she is feeling.

If I don't get to see you guys this week, then hopefully sometime in the near future! I miss you guys :( Things were so much easier before you moved to GR:( (And I know its not your fault, but its the truth!). Ahh well I guess..it makes seeing each other so much better.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:04 am

I just bought my cap and gown :) One step closer to graduation!! WooT!
(And being a poor, no longer college student, who has to pay back heaps of loans). Oh real life is already sounding like tons of fun *rolls eyes*
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Oooooooh, cap and gown. Fun! :clap:

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'm glad I'll be at GV for another year... this semester is not doing much for me... I just can't seem to get caught up, or maybe I am and just always feel behind. *Shrug*

Anyhow, it's sunny today!! w0000t!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm coming to Michigan in July. 8)

I'll only be in town for 4 days, but on the 11th I'm going to Cedar Point...so...if any of you fine folk would like to come with, it would be fabulous. :D
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Oooh, I love Cedar point!! I'll have to see what's up then. It would be so fun to see you, I miss you! How are you doing? How is WA? I might be heading out that way in the near future (I would really love to find a job there, but we'll see how that goes).

Sil--That's too bad. Hopefully next semester won't be as bad as this one in regards to that. Just think though, soon it will be summer break!! Yay!!!! Oh, and EI is open till 2 again.

I come home on Friday for Easter Break, and I'll be home for a week. I really need it, things have been really crazy. My to do list keeps getting longer. I have an ecology test on monday, and I can't do anything else until I take it. Stupid review sheet is 10 pgs long. We hatess it (not the topic, just the test).

I took my wilderness first aid training this weekend, so I can now legally help people in the woods. Of course, I still don't know anything and doubt I'd know how to save someone...we'll see...hopefully i'll never have to use it, and it looks good on a resume. And if any of my highlanders feel like hurting themselves in Aug. while I am leading them, I can save them if I'm in a good mood :) (Good mood not so likely considering I will be tired, hungry and annoyed with 10 kids---I am looking forward to it though! Really I am!!).

Off to dinner and then studying. Yay.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi Nen

Hi Imi

Hi Sil

Hi Luthy

Hi John Boy
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:37 pm

'ello Toby!Glad to see you said "hi" toby! :)

Why is it that when you're studying, you fall asleep because you've been exhausted all day, yet when you go to bed you can't sleep to safe your life? Even with a sleeping pill! *hates her bo
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:41 pm

Dunno, happens to me all the time.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:11 am

When I'm studying, I fall asleep because I'm bored. :P

Yikes.... 10 kids and a bunch of hiking. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! Better take some knives, maybe a bow, couple bags of lembas... :P

Wow, you get a Spring Break and an Easter Break??

Hi Toby and Imi!! *pokepoke*
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Oh if you could come to Cedar Point it would be fabulous! :D

It's going to be a strange conglomeration of people...myself, a friend of mine from out here that's coming with me, my roommate from camp, a good friend from high school...a TORCie would round out the bunch quite nicely. :D
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:56 am

Would you be going down to Cedar Point from MI? IE, would we possibly be able to drive together so that gas doesn't kill us all! I will try to keep that date open. It looks like I might be working at a challenge course, so I could possibly take that day off because it is a part time position. We'll see...it would be so much fun!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:48 pm

Yeah - we'll be leaving from Fenton at my parent's house. :)

My friend who's coming out with me and I will have a rental car so I think we could all cram in. :D
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth